[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Daily reminder that Hillary shills like >>56763184 are
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 76
Thread images: 15
File: R1U5qVA.jpg (600 KB, 2070x2814) Image search: [Google]
R1U5qVA.jpg
600 KB, 2070x2814
Daily reminder that Hillary shills like >>56763184
are trying to subvert democracy by claiming that Bernie Sanders can't win the primaries, in order to dissuade Bernie supporters from voting.
>>
>>56774876
>>
>>56774876
Bernie Sanders SHOULDN'T be able to win the primaries. Neither should Hillary the Crook, for that matter.
>>
Bernie Sanders too old and feeble, he will die of a stroke his first day in office. Don't waste your vote on a corpse.
>>
OP from last thread here:

Like I said previously, if Sanders were able to win the primary, he would win the presidency, but he can't because most of his voting base doesn't know a primary is something that exists, or is open to voting by the public. They might also be too lazy to register as a democrat, even if they do know about it.

Clinton's supporters are not any of these things.
>>
File: hillary-clinton-war-on-girls.jpg (64 KB, 627x350) Image search: [Google]
hillary-clinton-war-on-girls.jpg
64 KB, 627x350
>>56774899
>>
>>56774876
Berniekeks are all teenagers and college students. They don't even vote in primaries hahahaha.
>>
>>56775209
Meh, democrats are aware of primaries. That's how Obama won, after all.
>>
>>56775209
You know so much about Clinton supporters, yet nothing about her policies. You're full of shit.

Tell me, why don't you learn their respective policies so that you can make an informed decision? And if you like Sanders' policies more, why not vote for him in the primaries?
>>
>>56775441
>And if you like Sanders' policies more, why not vote for him in the primaries?
Because my single vote will mean nothing if everyone else doesn't, and they won't, vote as well.

>>56775431
>That's how Obama won, after all.
Obama had corporate interest support and many similarities to Clinton. Sanders is not in the same position.
>>
>>56775543
Sanders has the Unions. Same as Obama. Plus, BLM will probably become his puppet.
>>
>>56775543
That's horseshit. Even if you vote for him and he still loses, what the fuck do you have to lose for voting for him? Obviously you have the time to go out and vote, seeing as you spend the last few hours posting on 4chan. You also have the time to try to convince others to vote. Every person you convince is basically another free vote from you. If you remain obstinate about it, then yes I do think you are a paid Hillary shill.
>>
>>56774876
90% of Bernie supporters on here are underage. It will do you no good to shill for him here.
>>
>>56775543

>copy pasted from last thread since it archived right after i posted.

>I wasn't thinking about anyone who would actually choose to be poor when given a choice.

Being poor, is a choice. In this country, there is nothing stopping you from climbing upward but yourself. I sure didn't take my current position thinking it would be 10 years later, I would have a kid on the way and be living in a camper trailer, but I still made the choice to take this job, the choice to not go to school, the choice to have sex with my gf knowing that sex can lead to children.

My current state is 100% based on choices I made. If I had wanted to, I could have tried more in school, gotten a scholarship and gone to a state school.

Or I could join a union and save up for a few years before attending school.

Or I could take student loans.

Or I could stay in the unions making decent money with no education.

Or I could go to a community college

There are hundreds if not thousands of ways to better yourself in this country, and the poor are given every opportunity, we are poor because we choose not to act on it. You will never fix the poor person problem with gibmedats and democrats promises, because at our cores we are the problem. The current welfare state the democrats put on isn't to help us, it is to keep us voting for them. They don't give a single fuck about the poor, they give a fuck about advancing their agenda, and will say what they think we want to hear to ensure we allow the to do that.

The problem is, poor people have become an "important" issue to people who are not poor, people who simply do not understand why we are poor look at us and decide they can fix it through this or that. There is no fixing the poor, the only cure for poverty is for the impoverished to pull our heads out of our asses and make something of ourselves. It happens all the time, but you wont cause it by giving me some trust fund kids money, or raising the minimum wage.
>>
>>56775601
I'm not sure that the Unions can beat out Clinton's paid voters.

I'm also not convinced BLM will have any effect in the primaries... A bunch of idiots with no goal for their protests are suddenly going to register Democrat and go vote in the non-advertised primary?

>wut? i gots to register for dats?
>>
>>56775744
I meant the fact that they have a bunch of stupid, aggressive people all over the nation who like to stir shit up. If properly utilized, that manpower would prove very useful in raising awareness.
>>
>>56774876
Daily reminder that not one person here cares about Bernie or shillary.
>>
>>56774876
Then Bernie supports like myself who also voted for Obama need only to point out to Hillary shills that we aren't afraid of the GOP or Trump becoming President. All we need to do is make clear that no matter what we're not voting for Hillary if she gets the nomination. See, Hillary shills don't actually believe in what Hillary represents, they only care about how electable Hillary is.

So, us Bernie supports just need to make clear that Hillary getting the nomination will guarentee that the GOP and Trump wins, because liberals who supported Obama aren't going to support Hillary in the primaries, whereas Hillary shills WILL support Bernie once he gets the nomination.

Bernie's the only electable candidate here.
>>
>>56775449
60% of the population are not addicted to drugs and alcohol, that's absurd.

However, if that were so, I don't know how you think there can be a system where 1% of the population props up 60% getting drunk and high instead of contributing.

>hey you know those things that give me enough moments of happiness to be able to keep going?
except that doesn't give ANYONE happiness.
>daily life is unnecessarily stressful
Wait, what's necessarily stressful? why do you get to determine what's necessary, and what's not?
>Work at a job that's ripping you off and grinding you down, or don't, which is even worse.
Or, be given an opportunity to work for money. Your boss isn't ripping you off, he's giving you a chance.
>>
>>56775904
aren't going to support Hillary in the general*
>>
File: 1446603952536.gif (2 MB, 580x433) Image search: [Google]
1446603952536.gif
2 MB, 580x433
>>56774876
Two words Berniggers

>Super
>Delegates
Learn how your own primaries fucking work, then realize you've lost them already.
>>
>>56775728
>If I had wanted to, I could have tried more in school, gotten a scholarship and gone to a state school.
Okay, I will concede that this is probably always POSSIBLE, but in some cases, like the one I was in growing up, it is unreasonably difficult for a child to do in spite of all the adversity he is facing.
>Or I could join a union and save up for a few years before attending school.
Why would you join a union before finishing a trade school? Sorry, I'm not familiar with that sort of thing.
>Or I could take student loans.
From the government. Unless you have a cosigner, and I didn't, or years of credit history, you won't be taking any loans besides the federal ones. Those aren't enough for a lot of people.
>Or I could stay in the unions making decent money with no education.
Again, I don't know that much about unions. I guess you're referring to a farm labor union or some such?
>Or I could go to a community college
Community college degrees are... relatively worthless. Depending on what you want to do, it might be viable to go for a few years if it has a program with a real university for guaranteed acceptance after completing a CC program with a certain GPA. Going to a CC would have destroyed my chances of med school.

You're right that in a lot of cases, people are poor because they choose to be poor. I'm not going to argue that, but it's not always the case. Sometimes the shit you served on your plate is just too smelly to grit your teeth and eat. If you're born stupid, for example, you're never going to be doing anything but manual labor. You might not be working for minimum wage, but you won't be making much more.

I just want to help people who got served a steaming plate of shit when they were born, and once those people are helped, I want the people who are barely surviving on minimum wage, by their own choice or not, live a better life through wealth redistribution. Rich people can still be rich, but maybe 2m instead of 8m.
>>
>>56775728
>There are hundreds if not thousands of ways to better yourself in this country, and the poor are given every opportunity, we are poor because we choose not to act on it.
And we "choose" this because why? In your case you already said you thought you were making the right choice. Why is it hard to recognize that EVERYBODY thinks that way, all the time?

You don't have to suffer just because you're too proud to accept help, and it's downright heartless of you to say that other people shouldn't be able to get help just because you're so tough. Here's an idea: how about you accept help AND other people accept help? If you're mad that people currently making $7.50 shouldn't get a raise to $15 because you're making $14 today and that's not fair to you, what if they get $15 and you get $20? Your boss can afford it. And instead of "competing" with "illegals" why not recognize that they're your fellow workers who are themselves just trying to figure out how to get by? They're no less or more your "competition" than the worker two trailers over with the same color skin, so why hate on one and not the other? Thinking like that just pits us against each other instead of working together to get what we deserve. You work hard and live in a trailer and it's not because of Jose and Jesus, it's because the man in the office takes most of the value you produce and buys his third vacation home. This isn't your fault and you don't have to put up with it.
>>
>>56776253
>If you're mad that people currently making $7.50 shouldn't get a raise to $15 because you're making $14 today and that's not fair to you, what if they get $15 and you get $20? Your boss can afford it. And instead of "competing" with "illegals" why not recognize that they're your fellow workers who are themselves just trying to figure out how to get by? They're no less or more your "competition" than the worker two trailers over with the same color skin, so why hate on one and not the other?
Wow. You never took an economics class in your live, have you?
>>
>>56775712
>what do you have to lose
My time and hope.
>>
>>56775601
>blacks
>voting for Sanders
kek
>>
>>
>>56776515
Again, that's a load of shit. You've been posting on 4chan for hours. It takes must less time to go out and vote than it does to post all that you have. And you're worried that if you vote wrong you'll lose "hope". What the fuck is wrong with you? Are you gonna kill yourself if you vote and lose? Isn't the gain from winning more important than feeling sorry for yourself?
>>
>>56774876

Bernie Sanders will not be the Democratic nomination for President of the United States in 2016

You can be against the inevitable, and it will only make your rage ever more sweeter when the day comes where Bernie Sanders says "I pledge my support to Hillary Rodham Clinton to be President of the United States"
>>
File: How Do I Compute.gif (1 MB, 491x270) Image search: [Google]
How Do I Compute.gif
1 MB, 491x270
>>56776078
No, seriously, I want ANY Bernie faggot to clarify this one for me.

>SUPER DELEGATES
How you gonna win, fucking idiots?
>>
>>56776755
>Did you wipe your servers?
>What, with a cloth?
>>
>>56776697
>Again, that's a load of shit. You've been posting on 4chan for hours.
It's the day before thanksgiving and I don't have classes tomorrow. I've been posting since 11:15 EST. Usually I can't do this.
>>
>>56775960
>60% of the population are not addicted to drugs and alcohol, that's absurd.
I didn't say "addicted" just reliant. My list included alcohol, caffeine and dopamine. As benign as if you have a rough day at work and grab a beer to help relax. Not qualitatively different from being addicted to crack.

>However, if that were so, I don't know how you think there can be a system where 1% of the population props up 60% getting drunk and high instead of contributing.
We wouldn't be doing those things if we didn't have the threat of what happens if you lose your job constantly hanging over our heads.

>except that doesn't give ANYONE happiness.
What, having a beer after a hard day at work doesn't make anyone happy?

>Wait, what's necessarily stressful? why do you get to determine what's necessary, and what's not?
Some stress is necessary because we have unavoidable biological survival needs which take work to create the solutions for. Some stress is caused by being straight-up underpaid and you can't get a job that pays what you deserve because they don't exist, and that's unnecessary.

>Or, be given an opportunity to work for money. Your boss isn't ripping you off, he's giving you a chance.
Like a loan shark doing you a favor by fronting you this money until Friday, and at only 40% interest, right? Come on, your boss isn't doing you a favor- he or she hired keeps you on the payroll for one reason and one reason only, which is that they're paying you less than you produce. If it just so happens that that's helping you out, that's a coincidence. They don't give a fuck.
>>
>>56776697
He's volunteering for the campaign. They're probably not paying him, but he materially benefits. He's clocking those hours to show to his handlers.
>>
>>56776755
Why are you throwing that word around like you've won something

They can vote for anyone they want
>>
>>56776755

> Hillary she has already secured 359 of the 712 Democrat superdelegates (which are delegates who are unbound in who they can support) with Sanders at 8. Those superdelegates make up 30% of the total (2,383) delegates in the DNC

n-no this isn't true he still has a c-chance
>>
File: neckbeard-teenager.png (455 KB, 595x622) Image search: [Google]
neckbeard-teenager.png
455 KB, 595x622
>>56776410
>Wow. You never took an economics class in your live, have you?
>>
>>56776877
And they want to vote for Hillary.

You tell the DNC donor class, inner party, and beltway movers and shakers to support Super McGovern Level 4
>>
>>56774876
He already lost. Two moments:

1) gave up his mic to BLM and looked confused and afraid.

2) told everyone to move past the Hillary email scandal -- just looks like weak. Hillary and Obama went at it. That was real. This is just laughable. Dem voters are betas and females, yet they still want someone who has a little fight.

There is zero chance that he gets the nomination, even if he picks up steam. These two points destroy him.
>>
>>56776961
These talking points work on retarded republicans, but not democrats.

1) Bernie looked respectful. He's got a solid record of respecting and honoring minorities.

2) If you attack an old woman for not knowing how to use her emails, you will look like an asshole. Bernie doesn't campaign on negativity. People of tired of the shitslinging and Bernie is a breath of fresh air.
>>
>>56776961
trump cockgobbler detected

>I-I-IF HE DOESN'T SHOW AGGRESSIVE AND ENFORCING BEHAVIOR, HE MUST BE A WEAK PERSON... I WANT PEOPLE TO BE FREE IN AMERICA... UNLESS UHHHHHH ITS A GROUP IN WHICH I HATE BECAUSE I'M SECRETLY A RACIST
>>
>>56776889
ah fuck its true

well at least she learned from her 08 mistakes
>>
>>56776253
>because the man in the office takes most of the value you produce and buys his third vacation home
3rd vacation home incentive developed your phone.

And you computer.

I see what your issue is though. The wealth gap. It is a real thing, but you misunderstand the problem. I don't fault you because of this, as the problem is very complex -- and for a reason. If it was blatant, then everyone would be on their doors with pitchforks and torches. But the problem is diluted through various banking systems, and maintained through the federal reserve. I don't want to turn this into a novel, but I'd implore you to find the rabbit hole of how production increases are scooped up by the very wealthy of the world via banking. There's your gap.

Also lobbyists buying regulations so sift out competition. This creates monopolies, and regional monopolies. With no competition, workers have no options, nor does the consumer.

Trump has made both these issues a staple of his campaign. Bernie is a windbag and a band aid. Not a fix. Nor a leader.
>>
>>56775209
>Implying anybody who isn't a college kid (who never vote) likes Sanders
He won't win the primary, let alone the election
>>
File: 1444872676151.jpg (592 KB, 1132x1696) Image search: [Google]
1444872676151.jpg
592 KB, 1132x1696
>>56777342
You honestly believe a man who swindled his way illegally of business laws of the US to have his wealth who is not only a walking corporation, but is a repetitious talking head?

What has he said that you agree with OTHER than issues that deal with race?

Oh wait, he really hasn't said much except for

>MEXICANS CAN BUILD OUR WALL... THANK YOU BING BOOM BANG... TOM BRADY!

What? Every highlight I see of the man is a literal JOKE.... when Bernie or any other fucking candidate gets highlighted on a video or whatever they seem serious and are talking about issues... Trump is literally the embodiment of the teens of today... dissociative visually but mentally associative. It doesn't make any sense...

America is fucked.
>>
File: bernie sanders unicorn.jpg (94 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
bernie sanders unicorn.jpg
94 KB, 500x500
>>56777153
>If you attack an old woman for not knowing how to use her emails, you will look like an asshole. Bernie doesn't campaign on negativity. People of tired of the shitslinging and Bernie is a breath of fresh air.
I think every single sentence here is exactly the opposite when compared to reality. I don't know man.. keep living in your dream world. Can't help ya.

Hope Thanksgiving Break is going well for ya.
>>
>>56777153
>2) If you attack an old woman for not knowing how to use her emails, you will look like an asshole. Bernie doesn't campaign on negativity. People of tired of the shitslinging and Bernie is a breath of fresh air.
Ooh I'm just a poor old woman who doesn't know how to use my e-mails. Please don't make fun of me. I'm just a nice old grandma who makes cookies. Won't you please let me be president?
>>
>>56777582
The thing is you are delusional, friend. Maybe when the world burns, or when you grow up... whichever comes first under Trump rule... you will realize how fucking deluded you are
>>
>>56777563
>America is fucked
That's cool. I fully expect you dumbfucks to be protesting while getting multiple call backs from employers and wage increases.

Someone has to be the adult. Liberals are essentially infantile minds. Lucky for you, you will reap the benefit of the adult decision making within the country.
>>
>>56777563
You watch highlights and think in memes, then write too much about it.

What a dumb faggot.
>>
>>56776837
>I didn't say "addicted" just reliant.
Word games. I get it. A distinction without a difference.
>Not qualitatively different from being addicted to crack.
Which you admit. So I guess you don't really have a point. I suppose I shouldn't expect more than empty rhetoric out of a communist.

>We wouldn't be doing those things if we didn't have the threat of what happens if you lose your job constantly hanging over our heads.
That's a complete non sequitur. "I might get fired, therefore I need to abuse drugs and alcohol." What about all the other people who might get fired, and don't get high and drunk?

>What, having a beer after a hard day at work doesn't make anyone happy?
No, it really doesn't. It lets them escape their problems for a short time, but the problems don't go away. Then they have to deal with the after effects, and still have problems anyway.

>Some stress is necessary
Here we go again. Define stress, then. Assuming it's not another empty banner word.
>underpaid
According to who or what? What is overpaid? What is being paid the correct amount?
>deserve
If you deserve more, why not get a job that pays what you deserve? Why do you think you deserve more if you cannot?
>because they don't exist
If they don't exist, why do you deserve it?
>that's unnecessary
Why should unnecessary jobs necessarily exist? Just to satiate your communist conscience?

>Like a loan shark doing you a favor by fronting you this money until Friday, and at only 40% interest, right?
Doesn't exist. If it did, you would be stupid to take that deal.
>they're paying you less than you produce
Economics is never a zero sum game. You would know that if you ever read a book that wasn't written by Karl Marx.
>They don't give a fuck.
You imply economics has a morality, where no such thing exists. Ironically, market economies are forced to behave in a way that resembles morality because producers must be sensitive to the needs and desires of their consumers.
>>
File: laughin man.jpg (7 KB, 259x194) Image search: [Google]
laughin man.jpg
7 KB, 259x194
>>56777563
Most people who run for president are swindling liars anyways. So that point is moot. He is not saying much but what he is saying I can agree with. Make America great again. Its not that hard of a concept to understand.

The only people who make that very difficult are liberals. Liberalism is a disease and you all should be executed starting with Hillary Clinton and Barack Obama.
>>
>>56776905
You're precious. I'll help you out, kid.

http://fee.org/files/doclib/20121116_economicsinonelesson.pdf
>>
>>56777684
>>56777706
Trump supporters or republicans in general are so fucking base. Do you not want to progress as beings? Probably not. Republicans are stuck on barbaric nature of being isolationists so that they don't have to think about anything else because their tiny brain can't handle it..

Honestly, how fucking daft do you have to be to be xenophobic and nationalistic at the same time?

Kill yourselves.
>>
File: predictit.jpg (113 KB, 1106x576) Image search: [Google]
predictit.jpg
113 KB, 1106x576
>>
File: new flag of mississippi.jpg (79 KB, 650x433) Image search: [Google]
new flag of mississippi.jpg
79 KB, 650x433
>>56778136
if your idea of progression is letting savages into your backyard then I hope you enjoy your 2nd amendment rights.

Human progress happens on an intellectual level. It does not happen on a "feelings" level. And letting your women breed with shitskin savages is the best way to make sure your kids will be dumb fuck savages as well. That is kind of the opposite of progression friendo.
>>
>>56777342
>3rd vacation home incentive developed your phone.
>And you computer.
Nearly everyone who does that design work gets a salary. The people who are making the big bucks are just managers and owners, not innovators and designers and engineers.

>production increases are scooped up by the very wealthy of the world via banking.
Also true. These are both problems. If I buy a $250,000 house over 30 years at even just 4% it's insane that around half of the money I will be paying will be taken by the bank. I presume that's what you mean.

>Also lobbyists buying regulations so sift out competition.
We lefties generally hate lobbyists for undermining environmental protections and welfare programs, but there are the first inklings of an understanding of what you're talking about.

>Trump has made both these issues a staple of his campaign.
If that was actually true, he would be a reasonable candidate. The insane racism and xenophobia makes him a non-starter for people who don't live on 4chan, Fox News, Stormfront, etc.
>>
File: ObamavsHillary.png (45 KB, 881x563) Image search: [Google]
ObamavsHillary.png
45 KB, 881x563
>>56778221
>>
>>56778136
>Honestly, how fucking daft do you have to be to be xenophobic and nationalistic at the same time?
>>Honestly, how fucking daft do you have to be to be xenophobic and nationalistic at the same time?

are you for real m8?
>>
>Google flags Bernie Sanders' economic plan as phishing spam

Couldn't be more poetic.
>>
>>56778330
>people with low income are now savages

that's the thing with conservativism... everyone who likes it is PRIVILEGED.

call me a sjw but it's true literally meet a poor low income republican... you won't or it's VERY hard.
>>
>>56778136
Asking to be left alone isn't barbaric. Your refusal to leave others alone is what's barbaric.
>>
>>56778621
I'm one. Unless you think 16.27 is a high wage.
>>
File: 1448280319129.jpg (11 KB, 311x162) Image search: [Google]
1448280319129.jpg
11 KB, 311x162
>>
>>56778698
it's livable you daft shitlord if you are a self dependent 30-40 hour a week worker
>>
>>56778392

if you think I am wrong about Hillary not being the Democratic nominee put 850$ on sanders for an easy bet if you are confident in your prediction.

Bernie will not be able to secure enough delegates for the nomination. 50% of the superdelegates (359) are already pledging to vote for Hillary and even if they have a split contest for delegates she will hit the threshold well before he can reach the minimum needed.
>>
>>56778868
Pretty much this. This faggot doesn't even realize how rigged his "for the people" party is. Drunk child, ranting. Always entertaining.
>>
>>56778811
anon, that wage is livable, but only if you're content making certain sacrifices - like owning a house, a new car, going to graduate school, etc.

The more expenses you have, the more you're going to need. Sadly, not all expenses are fun. The really expensive ones aren't. They're necessary either for living or living well.
>>
>>56777805
>It lets them escape their problems for a short time
Ok so we agree

>If they don't exist, why do you deserve it?
Suppose you have a bullshit hypothetical economic scenario fantasyland where there are two people who work in a widget factory. One person is a little more trained and experienced, but they work about the same number of hours, and the factory wouldn't function at all if they weren't both there. Does it seem fair for the more experienced worker to be paid twenty times as much as the other one? What if there's one worker who's a little more trained and experienced and a hundred second-tier workers? Does #1 really deserve to be paid several times as much as any of the others? Or is he just being an asshole taking advantage of the situation?

>Doesn't exist. If it did, you would be stupid to take that deal.
What if you think the alternative is worse? Two shitty choices isn't an "opportunity".

>Economics is never a zero sum game.
Sure it is. Over any given span of time, only so much crap is produced. If 200 million Americans work 40-hour weeks then every year that's around 400 billion labor-hours worth of tools, food, houses, cars, dog brushes, missiles, yachts, glow-in-the-dark dildos, landscaping, litter being cleaned from streets, hospitals that don't suck, etc. The amount of that shit can increase over time but we can look back at 2014 and say exactly how many glow-in-the-dark dildos etc were manufactured. Maybe if there hadn't been so many yachts built there could have been more leaky roofs in inner-city and rural elementary schools fixed. Maybe if we don't build so many missiles next year we can patch some of those roofs. Exactly how the economy is organized to bring about those results is up for debate but yes it is zero-sum on a marginal basis.
>>
>>56778811
Psh. I lived on 9.50 per hour without a room mate, and with two dogs.

Rent: 400/month
Utilities: 200 (including internet)
Food: 150

2 miles to work. 2 miles from work. 2 miles to grocery store. 2 miles from grocery store.
>>
Daily reminder Bernie Sanders literally links to shit like John Green videos for world history. >>/56780096/
>>
>>56780311
Fuck me >>56780096
>>
>>56779268
>Ok so we agree
except you seem to think escapism through the abuse of drugs and alcohol is a desirable result, to the point that you intend to subsidize it. yet you ignore the fact that such subsidation will inevitably lead to more of it.

>Does it seem fair for the more experienced worker to be paid twenty times as much as the other one?
There you go with that "fair" again. You seem to be grasping the idea of supply gluts, but are completely ignorant about demand. If those 200 other workers were good enough to outcompete the more experienced worker, they would. If there were a need for more such workers, those jobs would exist. Alternatively, if no such needs existed, they would not be paid 20 times as much. Their pay would crash relative to the pay of the other workers until it came into equilibrium with supply and demand. It's not a case of some evil middle management guy hurting everyone else to get ahead. It's a case of market forces working to determine what people are paid, which is different from what you, in your infinite wisdom, think they "should" be paid.

And you pulled those figures right out of your ass, because you have no idea how those jobs actually work. A guy managing 10 minimum wage workers isn't making $200/hour to their $10/hour.

>What if you think the alternative is worse?
What alternative? That they don't work at all?
>Two shitty choices isn't an "opportunity".
Having a job absolutely is an opportunity. Two choices means you do have a choice.

>>Economics is never a zero sum game.
>Sure it is.
Again, a fundamental ignorance of basic economic concepts. If one party to a transaction gains at the exclusive expense of the other, business is not done. The other party walks away. Only when BOTH gain can there be business. You just think that a given party isn't gaining *enough* because that's what your ideology dictates. Thus, it is a positive sum game. Both parties benefit, and wealth is created through economic activity.
>>
>>56780568
>except you seem to think escapism through the abuse of drugs and alcohol is a desirable result, to the point that you intend to subsidize it. yet you ignore the fact that such subsidation will inevitably lead to more of it.
People don't use drugs (not "drugs and alcohol" because alcohol IS a drug, it would be like saying "colors and red") because they want to, they use them because they need to, because of stress. If you reduce the stress, for example by reducing the amount they have to worry about finances, you reduce the drug use. Thinking that this is "rewarding" drug use is Austrian bullshit.

>It's a case of market forces working to determine what people are paid
"Market forces" are not laws of nature. Capitalism exists in its current form because we collectively give it permission to exist. The point of the economy is to fulfill human needs and desires, not the other way around. Yes, I understand what you're saying, but my point is that we don't have to accept this situation if we don't like it, and one of the reasons we might not like it is that we don't think it's fair. That's allowed. To believe anything else is to subvert human will to abstract forces, which is unacceptable when those forces are the result of human activity. Capitalism-worshipers like you remind me of Roko's Basilisk. No wonder capitalism and Christianity go hand in hand- they both require giving up.

>What alternative? That they don't work at all?
Sure, it doesn't matter what it is specifically.

>Only when BOTH gain can there be business.
Gain is a funny word. Subsistence-level wages result in a gain of profit for one party and a "gain" of continued survival for the other. I know yall love to think that each worker is exactly the same as a small business but that's bullshit.
>>
>>56781684
>People don't use drugs because they want to
As a matter of fact, that is exactly why they use drugs and alcohol. If they didn't want to, they would stop. Substance abuse requires affirmative steps on the part of the abuser.
>by reducing the amount they have to worry about finances, you reduce the drug use.
If that were so, the likes of Charlie Sheen, Lindsey Lohan, and Amy Winehouse would not use drugs.
>Thinking that this is "rewarding" drug use is Austrian bullshit
Of course, Freudian bullshit is better, and totally not Austrian! What's so hard to get? The more you pay someone for a thing, the more you get of that thing.

>"Market forces" are not laws of nature.
Depends on what you consider laws of nature, I suppose. I would say they're the product of evolutionary psychology, and as such are intrinsic to humans (and we can even see vestiges in non-human apes).
>Capitalism exists in its current form because we collectively give it permission to exist.
Incorrect. Capitalism is an evolved system. Communism that has been tried to overwrite capitalism has been an abject failure every single time it was ever attempted.

>The point of the economy
There is no point of the economy, except to exist. Again, it is not a planned system.

>one of the reasons we might not like it is that we don't think it's fair.
"It's fair" has no meaning. That is a meaningless statement.
>That's allowed.
"Allowed" has no bearing whatsoever.
>To believe anything else is to subvert human will to abstract forces, which is unacceptable when those forces are the result of human activity.
To believe anything else is to subvert individual will to some collectivist god which does not merely not exist, but is a construct of the exact same powerful elites you claim to oppose for the sole intended purpose of exploiting people like you! The only human will that is real in any meaningful way is an individual's will!
>>
>>56781684
>Sure, it doesn't matter what it is specifically.
Fine. Then don't work. When that doesn't work out (as it never does) you can just blame Republicans instead of your mother. Isn't that so much easier?

>Gain is a funny word.
Oh, I don't think it is. A worker gains in that he is paid a wage. An employer gains in that he derives more value from his worker than he pays him. Absent that interaction, neither the worker, nor the employer gains anything. Present that interaction, both are better off than they were before.

>Subsistence-level wages
Marxist pure capitalism has never existed, and will never exist. You're making an argument that's 150 years old, which has been since disproven by facts. Literal slave wagery does not exist.

>I know yall love to think that each worker is exactly the same as a small business but that's bullshit.
No, my friend. People like you think each worker is tantamount to a cog in a machine, and is replaceable by any other. Since we're all "equal," after all. No other class distinction is real; we're all comrades!

But in reality, economics forces us all to make decisions that we think are important. Sometimes, the economic realities of our lives force us to make uncomfortable trades where we sacrifice things in which we are emotionally invested in favor of making more money. Sometimes, we care more about our social mores, our family, our political ideology, or something similar, and therefore sacrifice our economic power in favor of principle. Yet, we definitely are making economic decisions, whether or not we are sophisticated enough to consider them the way a business would.
Thread replies: 76
Thread images: 15

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.