[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do we fix American prisons?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 79
Thread images: 11
File: image.jpg (295 KB, 2484x1755) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
295 KB, 2484x1755
How do we fix American prisons?
>>
What's to fix?
>>
>>56773181
>>56773181
DUDE
>>
add more negroes
>>
>>56773181

hand out fleshlights to inmates

there I just reduced violence by 90%
>>
The Joe Arapo method
>>
File: tumblr_ni3c6lF3DA1u6pcxbo1_1280.jpg (76 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ni3c6lF3DA1u6pcxbo1_1280.jpg
76 KB, 1024x768
>>56773181
>>
>>56773181
free dem niggers

-ogombo
>>
racial segregation
>>
>>56773361
This teebeeh.
>>
>>56773376

Pelican Bay already does racial segregation which does reduce inmate violence
>>
>>56773181
No. Life. Sentences.
If they did something that bad you're only holding them behind concrete so the righteous can't lynch the guilty, and demanding the wronged society pay for the food and care of the degenerates. Recently this care includes cosmetic surgery in California.
>>
>>56773181
segregate by race.
make them work 18 hours a day.
also allow them to decide if they want to die and assist if they decide to do so
>>
>>56773181
>Everyone in solitary
>automated food delivery, cameras to check on inmates
>zero human contact
>shorter sentences
>stop lying to people and saying its to rehabilitate
>admit it's punishment
>3 strikes and you're castrated

the last one would be really helpful
>>
By getting rid of them.
>>
Need to rework the way a lot of crime is punished. Being fucked for life for something non-violent is stupid, but as well prison needs to be less fun. At this point in time the only bad part about going to prison is dealing with the other savages that end up in there, outside of that you get food, drink, room and board, television, games and much much more.
>>
>Legalize weed
>Literally half the prison population is gone
You guys are thinking too hard about this.
>>
>>56774715
don't tell me canadian prisons are full of "marihuana dealers".
no one goes to jail for smoking or selling weed right?
unless you are growing it and selling it by the ton ofc
>>
>>56773181
No more for-profits. No private corporation has the right to suspend the freedom of an individual.
>>
>>56774264
>castration
damn son that is a fate worst than death you can torture a mans body and soul but you shouldnt take his balls
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qEBjIc-D_0A

More orange peeling.
>>
>>56773181
Legalize drugs

Use corporal punishment and public humiliation instead of long jail sentences
>>
>>56773292
WEED
>>
>reduce sentences
>you have to work to get out
>this leads to almost no people commiting crime because they do it to avoid work in the first place
>>
>>56775832
damn I love nignogs on tv.
pity we don't have shows like that here.
>>
>>56773664
>No. Life. Sentences.
might want to restate that

while there's some serious shit that can earn you a de jure life sentence, there's also the issue of serial criminals getting combined sentences that add up to a de facto life sentence

>tfw crooked wall street type bilks several million and get less than 20 years
>tfw serial bank robbers that steal tens of thousands if they're lucky and get 100+ years
>>
>>56773181
As a felon I can tell you to start by introducing real programs into prisons and not the fucking jokes people front just to make it seem like the state is actually trying. On top of that put people who actually give a shit in positions policing inmates rather than cloth-badge wanna be cops that fuck with you all day. Programs should be mandatory and extensively screened for effectiveness.

Segregate inmates by race, crime type and length of sentence. If in for life, just execute them. a Lot of the bullshit in prisons comes from lifers acting like gods and causing more trouble than they're worth to house.
>>
Execute repeat offenders
>>
>>56773181
Playstations
>>
>>56773181

More capital punishment. Blacks will stop getting thrown back into jail if we start putting them down.
>>
>>56773181
Segregation to be honest
>>
>>56773181

Having spent several years of my life in prison, the easiest fix is to actually make even a cursory effort at observing and analyzing inmate behavior while they are in prison. It's not that hard as a fly on the wall to tell very quickly who is going to be coming back, and who isn't.

Once you make some effort to filter the lost causes from the potentially recoverable, actually make the effort to rehabilitate.

The absolute most important fucking thing every though, is actually providing a way back into society. If you ever want the revolving door to stop, you either kill everyone convicted of a crime (any crime, yes that means you addict morons too), or remove random joe blow's ability to look up anyone's background.

Even as recently as the 90s, it wasn't out of the question for you to do your time, get out, and have the opportunity to begin again. These days, that's just not possible. You release people out into society, society tells them they aren't allowed to have a job because of their record, their rights are permanently different from everyone else's (in a few states you can never vote again, and yet still be taxed).

But ya, make criminal background checks exclusive to the government, most of the recidivism goes away.
>>
>>56773181
kill more people, kill more often.
Also, put them to work more... like cleaning highways or doing useful shit. I feel like hardly any do this anymore, it looks like a butt sex daycare and not punishment. make the dirtbags work.
>>
File: 1447810044545.jpg (4 KB, 226x225) Image search: [Google]
1447810044545.jpg
4 KB, 226x225
>>56776411
>make criminal background checks exclusive to the government.

hahaha no.
>>
>>56773181
make them work
learn a trade and keep them tired its mighty hard to protest and riot all night when you have a job to do at 5 am
>>
Hire designated prison bulls with decades of military training and giant penises, tell them to rape everybody and assert his dominance so that prison isn't a fun time for anybody. The social hierarchies in prisons make it so that it isn't really that much of a punishment for the biggest and the strongest.
>>
>>56775691
>spending more tax dollars
Not an option, neighbor. 18.6T debt here. Private prisons are much more efficient. Also, solution in search of a problem--there are no problems with private prisons that can be fixed by government owning them instead.
>>
End profit based incentives for private prisons, the only thing this leads to is prisons bribing judges and law makers to lock up as many people as they humanly can, there is a reason why we lock up over 600 more per 100,000 than Canada and not it has nothing to do with basketball Americans
>>
>>56773181
Turn them into work camps and medical research facilities.
>>
File: moonman-executions.png (377 KB, 498x497) Image search: [Google]
moonman-executions.png
377 KB, 498x497
>>56773181
Empty them.
>>
File: hotspotpolicing2.png (88 KB, 922x498) Image search: [Google]
hotspotpolicing2.png
88 KB, 922x498
>>56773181
>>
From inside...

...starting with you
>>
Ever see the running man? Something like that.
>>
Prison can't be a fun time. Right now, you go, get 3 squares a day, time to work out, libraries, TVs, game systems, etc. Needs to be uncomfortable. Work needs to be involved. Minimal interpersonal communication. Prison needs to be punishment. Right now, it's a fucking social club. No one is scared of prison, especially folks who've been there before.

>"I've been to prison, and I'm not afraid to go back!"
There's a problem with the fact that we hear that saying all over the place.
>>
>>56773664
The problem with this is that a life sentence isn't actually a life sentence. You can't ethically just kill somebody that could potentially be out in 15 years on good behaviour. I do agree that people that are given stupid, absurd sentences like a million years with no parole should just be gassed though. I mean, who are they learning a lesson for?
>>
>>56773181
Send all african americans to Africa. There they will be normal citizens
>>
>>56773181
Ever read "In the Penal Colony"?
>>
>>56773181
The free market?
>>
>>56776763
Then enjoy your revolving door prisons. The average american will never be able to stomach the prospect of murdering people for anything BUT murder, and probably some sex crimes. Prisons already bleed states dry, and even if you again managed to convince some sort of majority to stomach some sort of medieval regime of single cell that never opens, and the inmate only gets some shitty food, still going to bleed yourself dry on an ever expanding prison population.

OP asked for the solution, you have two choices, start killing criminals (and be super shocked when every criminal goes down in a blaze of glory rather than put down the gun), or start letting them re-integrate into society.
>>
File: 1448501940408.jpg (86 KB, 625x800) Image search: [Google]
1448501940408.jpg
86 KB, 625x800
Adopt the Scandinavian method, give them job training and set them up with something to before they leave, Whats hilarious about our prison system is that many ex cons are required to find a job as a condition of their parole when many of them live in places where not even McDonald's or Walmart will hire you if you have a record so guess what, they just end up right back in
>>
Take the whites out, send all nig nogs in
>>
File: verynice.jpg (49 KB, 420x420) Image search: [Google]
verynice.jpg
49 KB, 420x420
>>56777097
rare
>>
File: 1446663889778.jpg (2 MB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
1446663889778.jpg
2 MB, 1920x1200
Abolish death penalty and instead make it such a living hell for prisoners they commit suicide.

These people who would be given the death penalty, life sentences, or extremely long sentences should instead be subjugated to extreme psychological torture and occasionally physical torture.

Psychological would mostly be sensory deprivation and extreme isolation. Physical torture would range from simple things like beatings to very cruel things like needles under the finger nails and toenails, removal of nails with pliers, skinning, waterboarding, and chemical burning.

I will never be in a position where I will be facing life in prison or death so it does not worry me.
>>
>>56777273
You do know the overwhelming majority of prisoners are now violent right? How about we stop locking people up for victimless crimes? Prisons are basically crimnal college as in so when you send in stupid pot heads they come out with a new criminal skill set and will probably do worse shit the next time
>>
>>56777449
I meant non violent
>>
>>56777418
I bet you were the kid on your street that liked to catch the neighbors pets and tourture them
>>
File: Kumla-prison-in-Sweden-010.jpg (79 KB, 620x372) Image search: [Google]
Kumla-prison-in-Sweden-010.jpg
79 KB, 620x372
Can we just send all our prisoners to Sweden? They love prisoners there. They give them everything they want.

Pic related. Swedish "cell"
>>
>>56773181

Youth in Asia.
>>
>>56777546
Fuck off, you're not funny
>>
>>56777072
So you want to put someone into a box, make them as angry as possible at the system/society in general, and then let them out X years later. Double points for minimizing their social contact, I'm sure that will work out well for where ever he has contact with upon release.

I have no idea where you are getting your information by the way, at least in Ohio at a medium camp it wasn't a resort. Three meals a day, the food wasn't awful, but it was pretty much the equivalent of school food. Libraries full of books with pages randomly torn out, TVs if your family bought you one, and it didn't get stolen. Otherwise a communal TV that you got to try hearing over the sound of 50 other men in a dorm setting. No idea what prison was allowing game systems, but it sure wasn't the one I was in.

Work /was/ involved, everyone was assigned a job. Working in the chow hall, janitor type positions, working in the meat plant, ect ect.
>>
>>56777449
Oh boy, one of the addicts. I hate to spoil your illusion, but I don't recall meeting a single person in prison (granted I was at a medium camp), or in county while awaiting trial that was there "just for doing drugs".

The truth, is that most addicts end up incarcerated for PUSHING, but using. That, or they are there because their job (if they even had one) couldn't sustain their habit. So they started stealing pain meds from their parents/grandparents,or doing B&Es, robbing shit, whatever it took to get their fix.

I seriously doubt legalizing is going to change any of that, unless you are suggesting it just get handed out for free? Criminal college is maybe giving it a bit too much credit, very few people in prison are the planning type. At worse, you'll give them access to like minded individuals, and have yourself a duo, or small team of criminals for the next crime they do.
>>
File: 1446800774573.jpg (103 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
1446800774573.jpg
103 KB, 600x600
>>56777519
no. I just go on BestGore a lot.

I read stories of serial killers dying on death row because they can appeal so many times. I read stories of serial killers who get off death row for talking with the media. These are people who do not have an ounce of sympathy for any of their victims and would gladly kill again. These people would kill you and everyone in your house if they think they can get away with it. Thats all it takes.

People who defend these pieces of human garbage deserve to be thrown in the cells with them.
>>
>>56777835
>Sven is mad
>>
>>56777835
Sweden, are you really just going to let our poor prisoners suffer in our terrible American prisons?
>>
>>56778157
Because everyone in prison is a serial killer, and there are no unintended consequences of making prison a hellhole that no one escapes from.

If you think the threat of death is going to instantly make crime go away, you have a minimal understanding of human nature. It just means that no would be criminal if they are thinking at all, is going to surrender to police.

Instead, you'll have high speed chases that ONLY end when they plow through a crowd of people/cars. Gunmen that don't stop until they run out of bullets. I'm sure that won't effect you or anyone you know at all.
>>
>>56778084
Do you know how many white guys have gone to prison and joined a group like the Aryan nation just so they don't end up being a prison bitch? The only problem with joining a group like that is they expect you to do illegal shit for them once you are back outside, there is no leaving and people have been killed or had family members killed for trying to. Many former memebers said they later regretted joinning but that is what they had to do to survive
>>
>>56778404
my methods were only intended to be used on the worst of the worst and they were also slightly satirical. Methods were also not entirely meant to stop crime. It might stop some crime but mostly it purges our country of people who are bona fide filth.

In other shitty countries people will chop of your limbs or stone you to death for stealing a piece of bread. So I am quite aware that harsh punishments do not stop crime.
>>
>>56778404
This, it would mean people would be way less likely to leave any surviving witnesses
>>
>>56778560
Please do tell what developed nations do this, no third would countries because even with harsh punishments like that people still rob rape and murder in the streets
>>
>>56778664
its called street justice son. and I think I can recall an unsolved case happening in the USA of a terrible man who was found guilty of horrible crimes was shot to death and there were like 48 people present and they all said they didnt see who shot him.

Why do you want to keep people alive who literally torture people to death?
>>
>>56773181
Put more niggers in them.
>>
>>56778431
The "Aryan nation" in the prison I was in was a glorified pack of faggots. Scared newbies join, older established members fucked them in the showers. Pretty awesome protection right?

Making it through prison is incredibly easy, don't get in anyone else's business, don't gamble, don't fuck with bitches (they are probably somebody else's), don't flaunt a lot of commissary around, and don't go looking for fights. Oh, and don't get into debt, you are going to get fucked if you get into debt.

Gangs exist in every prison, but it's not something you have to join to avoid being the "prison bitch". There are more than enough of those floating around who wanted the dick as a choice.
>>
>>56778828
Being shot is better than being slowly tortured in a prison
>>
>>56776249
Yeah, the ultimate punishment
Give them a console with no games
Imagine the rage
>>
>>56779000
I guess it depends on the prison you are in because I've read stories about people literally being raped to death in Californian prisons by dozens of people
>>
>>56779343
Digital download nigga
>>
>>56773181
more death penalty
>>
>>56776186
>>56777084
I thought my intentions were clear when I mentioned that decent folk would fucking lynch them.
>>
>>56779760
If decent folk lynch another human being regardless of his standing they cease to be decent folk. The purpose of jail is to force scum to rethink their actions, you can't just kill anybody you want because it is convenient. The global population would be decimated in like a day.
Thread replies: 79
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.