[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Christopher Columbus
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 46
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fYTXRDtYzYc

They are so ignorant thinking it's all Colombus fault. He was just an explorer and navigator. He actually got raped from the Spanish since they didn't pay what he was supposed to.
>>
Native Americans are literally less resilient than your Abos. They mean nothing. Their opinions are meaningless.
>>
>>56772180
In another 2-3 generations they will be all gone :D
>>
Pretty sure he did the raping.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/eric-kasum/columbus-day-a-bad-idea_b_742708.html
>>
>>56772014
>Not being able to stop 3 ship loads of white people
They deserved to die.
>>
literally who cares, pretty much all of our early settlers culled the abos
>>
It was suicide by Genovesi.
>>
File: 1428721027827.jpg (78 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1428721027827.jpg
78 KB, 500x500
>>56772224
>mfw ours are breeding like rabbits and collecting gibs
>>
>>56772330
This desu. If Indians hadn't been absolutely shit at civilization, they might still be around outside of a few shithole reservations
>>
>>56772014
>He was just an explorer and navigator.
you wut m8?

He enslaved natives and slaughtered them
>>
>tfw you were so awesome people are still butthurt about you centuries later

what a badass. I bet if he was a non white like Genghis Khan killing whites he would be getting worshiped right now.
>>
It's like a mirror image of that DeportRacism video. One was in favor of immigrants and the other is against.
>>
>>56772180
that's not very nice

I don't blame people who make their native american race their identity for disliking Columbus. But its a bit like southerners who hang on to their confederate identity after losing the Civil War. They lost big time, and continuing to dislike historical figures that destroyed your culture is just wasting time. Everyone's culture was destroyed by the industrial revolution, but some are quicker at redefining themselves than others, and reaping the benefits of staying in the moment rather than negging on ancient history.
>>
>>56772014
>he's the first terrorist in America
I'm sure the Incan Empire expanded northward and southward at the expense of no other peoples and that the Aztec's 'war-like' qualities were just a means for self improvement and were never put to practical use. That handful of men that Columbus left behind, the ones that were found brutally murdered upon his second voyage, must have just starved or something. They definitely weren't harmed by the prelapsian indigenous native americans who were an entirely peaceful, technologically advanced, and prosperous people.

>man wearing a Jesus hat, complaining about Spainish conquest
kek

>They should teach Columbus didn't discover anything, that he got lost
When she gets to middle school she'll learn that's what they do teach.
>>
>>56772502

he didnt do it.. the Spanish did.
>>
>>56772014
Do they even know he never stepped foot on the North American continent?
>>
>>56772295
>http://www.huffingtonpost.com/eric-kasum/columbus-day-a-bad-idea_b_742708.html

m8 go back to fucking school and learn something. that fucking article is awful.

first of all Columbus when arrived got some supplies and left for Spain to deliver the news.
he only left some of his crew members behind.
when the spanish got back they found all the crew members left behind dead.
>>
>>56775095
they have no clue.
>>
>>56772014
>that faggot with a nose ring and lisp
>>
File: 1446712490788.jpg (31 KB, 236x210) Image search: [Google]
1446712490788.jpg
31 KB, 236x210
>>56772014
>those beaners pretending to be injuns
>>
File: 1393378322452.jpg (68 KB, 420x510) Image search: [Google]
1393378322452.jpg
68 KB, 420x510
>>56774904
>>56775097
>m8 go back to fucking school and learn something.

Here, have an easy to read version for your malfunctioning brain.

http://theoatmeal.com/comics/columbus_day
>>
So are they just admitting that they lost and are still bothered by it? What's the point of this?
>>
>>56772466
Teach them how to make meth. Tribal OD, murder, and suicide by stupidity rate is through the roof since Breaking Bad hit Netflix and every niff in the country had the same idea at the same time. Breaking Bad plus Internet availability has done more damage to them in a few scant years than alcohol and smallpox could over centuries.
>>
>>56775667
The same way the Confederates lost and southern Burgerstanis are still bothered by it : ^ )
>>
>>56775549
>http://theoatmeal.com/comics/columbus_day
yeah from the fucking oatmeal.com
why dont you pick a real history book you turd?
>>
>>56775549
>le redditor neckbeard meme man
Next you'll tell me Tesla was the second coming of atheist autistic christ and Edison was literally a serial rapist
>>
File: 1353371801370.gif (1 MB, 400x267) Image search: [Google]
1353371801370.gif
1 MB, 400x267
>>56775739
Holy fuck, straya. Keep digging that retard hole. Did you even check the fucking source?

Open up, little guy! Here comes the airplane!

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0060838655/ref=as_li_qf_sp_asin_il_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=9325&creativeASIN=0060838655&linkCode=as2&tag=0atorgmarkdes-20

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0743296281/ref=as_li_qf_sp_asin_il_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=9325&creativeASIN=0743296281&linkCode=as2&tag=0atorgmarkdes-20
>>
>>56772014
kek i think the cameraguy was giggling while he was saying Christopher Columbus.
>>
She looks japanese with a tan
>>
File: 1443599045741.jpg (418 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1443599045741.jpg
418 KB, 1920x1080
>>56772014
Those Listerine swilling savages can go fuck themselves. They got conquered and then sold the rest of their land off for shiny beads and trinkets. No single person on the face of the earth lives on land that wasn't conquered at one point in time.
>>
File: 1444974202597s.jpg (11 KB, 250x246) Image search: [Google]
1444974202597s.jpg
11 KB, 250x246
>>56775710
kek.

i'm not from the South (grew up in California) but I think the Civil War was a tragedy that shouldn't have happened and I blame Lincoln, not the Confederates. Mistaken though the South may have been about slavery, they had a right to secede, and the South was right about the other issues that caused the war that are now overlooked (like tariffs).
>>
they all look inbred as fuck. Some of them appear to be barely functioning.
>>
>>56776031
This.
>>
The only reason Christopher Columbus "slaughtered and raped" their people was because they attacked when supposedly they would go back for more supplies for everyone. Over here, Christopher Columbus is still praised, not because he discovered America, but because he was the first pioneer to bring forth what is now America. He didn't discover anything, they literally just got lost but after learning that this was new land, the Spanish just came and conquered it, thinking "no one" had claimed it, when there were already people in these lands. Even though they claim HE'S the invader, he's really not, he probably didn't know he would be revered as an invader when he was leading the colonization of the island.
>>
>>56772599
I don't see why so much anger is attributed directly to him, rather than the colonist forces of Europe. I don't give a shit about them or sympathize with them either way, but it still seems weird.
>>
>>56772014
Columbus was a very brave man and should be regarded as a Hero. He did more in a few months for the history of mankind than the Native Americans did in their thousands of years of existence.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=94dY-QxjDiE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LJZtxLWUExo
>>
File: 1365395981770.jpg (42 KB, 310x425) Image search: [Google]
1365395981770.jpg
42 KB, 310x425
>>56772014
SHINY
BEADS
>>
>those evil europeans
>they came and raped and slaughtered indigenous people
>and built schools
>hospitals
>laws
>cities
>industry
>technology
>society

I told that to a libkek friend who told me she was going to stop celebrating thanksgiving, it shut her up very quickly.
>>
You ever wonder what the point of the complaining is? I mean, if whites are really as evil as they say we are, why would we care about their complaining?
>>
BLACK PEOPLE DISCOVERED AMERICA BEFORE COLUMBUS OR THE NATIVE AMERICANS
>>
>>56776196

The indigenous people raped and slaughtered each other as well, people need to drop this romanticizing of the injuns
>>
>>56774904
It was his crew. They actually wrote memoirs about stealing and raping native women on Columbus's ships.
>>
File: OyGevalt.png (319 KB, 1080x1920) Image search: [Google]
OyGevalt.png
319 KB, 1080x1920
>>56775931
>book author: "Howard Zinn"
>Zinn
Pic related, /pol/ is always right
>>
>>56776196
They're only seen as evil because morals. The colonization of the Americas was the best thing to happen in the world, but not for the indigenous people.
>>
>>56776197
There is no solution, its only mode is critique!

They ignore the colonization, rape, slavery, and mass murder of other civilizations, and think it is somehow exclusive to White Western populations.

All while believing race is a social construct.
>>
>>56776031
Many chiefs actually sold their tribes out for personal gain (usually booze and guns). This isn't taught in school.
>>
It is precisely because of Columbus' so-called atrocities that he should be celebrated. No society that demonizes conquest can be healthy.
>>
>>56772599
I would go back in time and shake his hand just because he pisses off people he never met and I despise.
>>
>>56772014
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=faNge-o0V-k

What are these abbos, some sorta nazis?
>>
>>56776275
>but not for the indigenous people.

I disagree. We taught them what alcohol is and they absolutely love it.
>>
>>56772014

Even taking aside Columbus's genocide and slave trading, he was a total fucking idiot and absolute shit explorer.

The fucking idiot literally thought he was in india. despite going the total wrong fucking direction, the geography looking absolutely NOTHING like india, the people not looking like indians, no indian structures of signs of indian culture in any of the people he came accross, etc.

Of course, he didn't know this, because was a bumblefuck retard who'd never been to india, or likely even been around much indian people or culture at all.

He just stumbled around at sea, got lucky and found inhabited land, then became a slave trader. that is the true story of Christopher Columbus.
>>
Anyone have that awesome clip of an American soldier BTFO of some Lakota Sioux over THEIR aggression against other tribes?
>>
>>56772014
Thats a mexican not a native american.
>>
>>56776353
Well, true. But you know only few of the indigenous people were grateful for it. They didn't know better though, so it seems as if everything he did was/is wrong to today's native americans. Can't forget that they actually WERE inferior at that time compared to the Spanish.
>>
>>56776367
He probably just saw people openly shitting in what passed for streets and went "This must be the place."
>>
>>56775739
Posts Huffington post
Gets butt blasted at someone else's source.

You're not even worth the meme arrows
>>
>>56772014
>He actually got raped from the Spanish since they didn't pay what he was supposed to.

Yeah, but that didn't stop him from raping lots of natives.

http://www.rawstory.com/2014/10/five-scary-christopher-columbus-quotes-that-let-you-celebrate-the-holiday-the-right-way/
>>
>>56772014

they say as they record this from within a presumably centrally heated building while being filmed on a piece of photographic and storage technology that allows them access to a network of distributed communication technology that can reach across the entire globe with a message that they are guaranteed the absolute right to express due to a political ideology of a nation that now gives them complete governing rights equal to every other citizen.
>>
>>56776367
You're completely lacking and skipping a whole lot of info. Educate yourself, nigger.
>>
>>56776277
If there is no convincing them that we are not evil monsters hellbent on the destruction everything, maybe we should fulfill their prophecy.
>>
>"Fake"
>shows a native with dyed blonde hair

My sides are rotating around a celestial ppoint of origin.
>>
Columbus was a bad person but so was pretty much everyone back then.
>>
File: face-with-tears-of-joy.png (58 KB, 256x256) Image search: [Google]
face-with-tears-of-joy.png
58 KB, 256x256
>>56772014
>personally and irrevocably butthurt about something that happened more than 500 years ago
>>
>>56776367

You sound like an angry poo in loo. Oh look, your ID is the same color as your skin!
>>
>>56776588
How could you judge that poor innocent little girl coming off the boat away from tyranny in Europe?
>>
>>56776546

Tell m,e what info I missed, that made this dipshit think he was in india, when he was in the godamn Americas?
>>
>>56772014
I would creampie her.
Native Americans are pretty hairless like Asians. I bet her pussy is smooth and soft. Imagine her moist pussy wrapping around your cock.
>>
>>56776602
WE WUZ CHIEFS N SHEEIT
>>
>>56776367
That sounds like some sort of Neo Nazi conspiracy theory.
>>
File: 1446263805651.png (117 KB, 763x652) Image search: [Google]
1446263805651.png
117 KB, 763x652
>>56776367
>The fucking idiot literally thought he was in india. despite going the total wrong fucking direction

Going the "wrong direction" was the point. He financed his expedition trying to find a shorter direct route to India.

At least have some fucking knowledge before trying to spout off.

> the geography looking absolutely NOTHING like india

The geography of the islands isn't very different to the islands outside India.

> the people not looking like indians, no indian structures of signs of indian culture

Again he believed he was at the outskirts of the mainland of India. There was little direct contact with Indians and no good way of knowing what some natives on islands outside of India would look or behave like.

>Of course, he didn't know this, because was a bumblefuck retard who'd never been to india

An extremely long and hazardous journey that few made. The majority of trade was not direct from Europe to India. It was a series of trade routes, each taking a big chunk of profit.

Hence back to point one about why he attempted this and why people wanted to see it succeed enough to finance him.

Why do I know this and you don't you worthless excuse for american?

> got lucky and found inhabited land, then became a slave trader

He didn't get lucky, he didn't find India, he didn't even find a place of civilization and riches to trade with. The only fucking thing of value on the islands were people. Slave trading wasn't unique or novel to Columbus. He took slaves because it was the only real value he could find to justify his expedition to the financiers.
>>
File: IMG_20150808_215704.jpg (11 KB, 299x169) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20150808_215704.jpg
11 KB, 299x169
>>56776602
They just don't know any better.
>>
>>56776648
Because if the Americas didn't exist, they would have ended up in India. They didn't know America was there before they reached it.
>>
>>56776666
They are Asians, as much as I'm European.
>>
>>56772014
I never realized native Americans were such shamelessly dumb savages until more recently

Good fucking riddance
>>
>>56776367
>despite going the total wrong fucking direction
You can't be serious
>>
File: 1448489163514.png (1 MB, 1080x1077) Image search: [Google]
1448489163514.png
1 MB, 1080x1077
>Be injuns
>Number in the millions
>Have an entire continent for your people full of resources
>Get conquered LITERALLY by a couple boats full of Spaniards

The absolute madmen
>>
This thread is triggering.

Nobody talks about Native American genocide. Everyone thinks genocide is simply killing millions of people. Yall ignant
>>
>>56776648
Columbus did a miscalculation and thought the distance between india (which was the european name for all of Asia) was shorter then it really is .
>>
>>56776769
How much is that? 50%?
Would you creampie her?
I bet she has a nice soft ass.
>>
>>56776031
troo. Was going to say Africa but then realized european nations conquered most of it at one time or another
>>
>>56776648
>>56776729

Aside from that, Columbus was just trained to be sent to explore mainly to focus on getting riches, and expand the christian faith (Don't remember if it was christian faith or whatever). The only thing that happened instead was that on his first voyage, which's purpose was to buy spices from India, he got to the island La Hispañola, obviously lost, and the Queen back then had ordered Columbus to colonize the land, being convinced by the Queen that by doing this, he will be remembered as a great conquistador. Among those lines, don't particularly remember everything.
>>
>>56776532
The first quote isn't surprising at all. Christians have never liked Islam and they were especially unhappy with Jews in a period so close to the inquisition.
The second quote is basically a compliment in a culture where slavery is ordinary.
The third quote just confirms that the locals couldn't put up much of a fight and Columbus was being a badass.
The fourth quote is admittedly really uncool. As a Christian, Columbus shouldn't be supporting this sort of thing.
The fifth quote is really only worthy of note when you consider how evil the natives must have appeared from the perspective of a Christian at the time. These people sacrifice each other, wear bones, aren't Christian, attack white men, and are sexually degenerate. It's pretty easy to see how Columbus might think of the locals as the spawn of the devil.
>>
>>56776266
>>56775931
Zinn's A people History of the United States is a book from the perspective of the victims of various movements. It is an idiotic editorial, it displays all of the costs and none of the benefits to come out of the movement, and all movements have victims whether you believe those victims are moral people or not.

The essence of the "thanksgiving" argument is would you rather have Natives or America, and then only listing that natives were killed, enslaved, raped, and died of disease. Pretty one sided there, why would you ever pick America?

Tangentially, it is also funny to me that moral relativism arbitrarily gets thrown out here and doesn't count in an argument against a leftist. Who are you to say killing, raping and enslaving are bad? It is a part of white 17th century culture.
>>
>>56776902
But do you not see that all people are the same no matter their colour? What are you some sort of racist?
>>
>>56776196
Nigga, the Aztecs had all that.
>>
>>56776347
got a good laugh outta this
>>
File: images.jpg (4 KB, 225x224) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
4 KB, 225x224
YOU ALL FORGET COLUMBUS DIED UNKNOWN AND IN POVERTY. THE SPANISH LITERALLY FUCKED HIM UP.
>>
>>56772014
cry more you fucking savages, just accept your defeat
>>
>>56776952
>killing raping and enslaving part of 17th century white culture
Killing, raping and enslaving has always been bad. The same ignorance you see in others for thinking otherwise reflects back on you. Are you an "enlightened atheist" by any chance?
>>
>>56776902
Oh, their culture was ludicrously fragile, too. And their whole way of life. The shit that killed the most of them didn't even have them in mind.
We put the screws to them on accident, then reactively fucking crushed them when they got irate about being unintentionally eradicated and launched raids.
Didn't help that any deal you made with the previous chief was void after the old man caught a rock to the back of the head from his successor and all of a sudden the Blackfoot tribe has raped another family to death despite what you understood to be a truce.
>>
>>56776725
Oh crap the nigger lover jas it right.

>>56776287
Hahahaha oh god imagine how triggered the leftists would get hahahahaha

>>56772180
The australian abos are also very resilient. You can still see many full blooded abos everyone living the welfar life and mating with other smelly abos.

Ia there even a 100%full blooded native infian alive?
Or have they all been watered down by the euro super seed?
>>
File: 1432355643800.jpg (729 KB, 2016x2685) Image search: [Google]
1432355643800.jpg
729 KB, 2016x2685
alright here me out /pol/
I once heard that the spanish called the native people "una gente en dios" which translates to a people of God.
it was later just shortened to endios then indians
any truth to this theory? I like to believe it but i've always been taught they were thought to be Indians from India
>>
File: 53a070a73c905.preview-620[1].jpg (127 KB, 620x720) Image search: [Google]
53a070a73c905.preview-620[1].jpg
127 KB, 620x720
>>56772014
Is anyone on this thread actually doing any research on Columbus? Or are you all just making stuff up?

Columbus did commit atrocities in the Caribbeans as told by firsthand accounts.

http://rapidcityjournal.com/now/today/rcj/top-atrocities-committed-by-christopher-columbus/collection_76ebb2b8-f63d-11e3-a137-001a4bcf887a.html

>f captivity and death weren’t enough, Columbus and his men had a particular reputation for cruelty. Bartolome de las Casas, a young priest who participated in the conquest of Cuba and wrote a history of the Indies, describes the treatment of the natives: “Endless testimonies . .. prove the mild and pacific temperament of the natives.... But our work was to exasperate, ravage, kill, mangle and destroy; small wonder, then, if they tried to kill one of us now and then.... The admiral, it is true, was blind as those who came after him, and he was so anxious to please the King that he committed irreparable crimes against the Indians.... “ Las Casas describes how Spaniards rode on the backs of natives. How the Spaniards "thought nothing of knifing Indians by tens and twenties and of cutting slices off them to test the sharpness of their blades." Las Casas adds "two of these so-called Christians met two Indian boys one day, each carrying a parrot; they took the parrots and for fun beheaded the boys."

You could understand how the leader of a genocidal movement and cruelty on the Caribbean islands isn't all that well loved by Native Americans.

The Southern Americans don't exactly like general Sherman for his acts during the civil war. Even today, most Southerners avoid naming their children "Sherman" for this very reason. If there was a Youtube video about what Southerners thought of general Sherman, you would get a lot of the same responses these Native Americans have to Columbus.
>>
>>56777239
Nah, that's bullshit.
>>
>>56777164
I shouldn't have included that because it is not directly related, but I hear moral relativist arguments i.e. that absolute or universal morals don't exist and that acts must be seen in the context of their culture. That is crap and a nihilistic position, it is trivially true when you walk it back to nihilism but it is not useful.
>>
>>56777164
It's 1642 don't you know!? Get with the times heathen.
>>
>>56777239
I can't verify, but that sounds like something invented later on, to be honest. Spanish in the Empire thought the natives were lazy, irreligious, and promiscuous.
>>
>>56777343
Sounds like the Spaniards of old were more observant than their modern descendants.
>>
>>56775097
Actually I think they 'disappeared'. I do not think they found any corpses.
>>
>>56777341
>1642

not actually 1492
>>
File: 1446748399733.png (1 MB, 860x718) Image search: [Google]
1446748399733.png
1 MB, 860x718
>>56772014
>be American of Italian descent trying to celebrate Columbus Day
>get shit from Amerindians
>look to Spanish for support, Catalans start claiming Columbus as theirs
>Scandis start chiming in about muh Leif Erickson

>mfw I slid the discussion towards Italian explorers like John Cabot and Giovanni Verrazzano.
>>
>>56777278
I understand why natives don't like him. I just don't care.
>>
>>56777278
Bull shit, they avoid the name Sherman because it's gay and that spook Nutty Professor had the name
>>
>>56776494
hahaha wow
>>
>>56776518
actually i quoted you tard
>>
File: 1265175864058.png (190 KB, 483x418) Image search: [Google]
1265175864058.png
190 KB, 483x418
Columbus day is the celebration of the inevitable unification of both the new world and the old world.

I'm not going to feel bad just because Europeans didn't (in fact, no one did) have an acute understanding of germ theory or the devastating effects of introducing foreign biological material to new lands. It's not Europe's fault that North America lived in a bubble and was completely isolated from the rest of the world.

The net gain for humanity at the the demise of native americans has been substantially higher than its loss at this point, and I have a lot of trouble feeling bad just because a couple of warfaring tribes got fucked over by what was essentially an act of god.

Fuck anyone who says "Fuck Columbus Day".
>>
>>56777467
It's most common for Georgians to take offense to Sherman.
>>
There are thousands of full blood natives left
You guys are morons
>>
>>56776648
He thought he was on the spice islands, not India. Nobody had any fucking idea what India looked like then.
>>
>>56777022
up north they didnt
native americans were retards

Aztecs Mayans and Incas were like 1st world civilizations compared to North American indians. They deserved to be wiped out to be honest family.
>>
>>56777533
>they claim there used to be 10 million
>there are only thousands of pure blooded ones left
Not bad
>>
Yeah fuck Columbus and Europeans. I would much rather live in a world with the natives that still didn't know what a wheel was or how to operate it.
>>
>>56777320
I agree that morals should be analyzed in the context of their culture, and thanks for pointing it out. I realize that morals are subjective up to this date, and well, nobody in the waking world we live now think that it is fine for people to kill, rape, and enslave. We're much more advanced than we think ourselves to be.
>>
>>56777533
>THOUSANDS
Color me fucking corrected in this country of millions.
>>
did christopher columbus even go to the USA?

thought he only explored the caribbean
>>
>>56776111
Actually Columbus kidnapping Native Americans is the first documented violent act between Euros and Natives. This was closely followed by Columbus stealing whatever he wanted, and killing and injuring any Natives that objected.

Fun Fact: Columbus thought he was going to China, and thought that the Chinese understood Hebrew and brought Jews with him to act as interpreters.
>>
>>56777615
So you would rather live in a world where everyone was stupid? Then how would progress happen? Will you do everything yourself?
>>
>>56777425
Joke still works, they were "oppressed" by then.
>>
Columbus was just a explorer, if we were talking about Juan Ponce de Leon now that is a whole different story.
>>
>>56777615
sometimes i fantasize about living as an indian. Just living off the land, hunting, swimming, killing, dancing, fucking. Doesn't seem all bad but shit is pretty good right now. Life is easy and comfortable.
>>
>>56772014
so in this video, they complain that he found new world?

I don't understand, what is it that they don't like about him, exactly?

Not like he had anything to do with mass colonization other than proving it was easy to do so.
>>
File: 2000px-Viajes_de_colon_en.svg.png (464 KB, 2000x1340) Image search: [Google]
2000px-Viajes_de_colon_en.svg.png
464 KB, 2000x1340
>>56777681
You're correct, he never made it to the future states.
>>
>>56775549
> A People's history
> both of which uses primary sources such as eyewitness accounts
HAHAHAHAHAHA

Nah. That book is laden with secondary sources.
>>
>>56777533
They are also hyper centralized like in WA, ugh, fuckin hate natives. Disgusting drunks/meth heads
>>
>>56777697
Can we get a fun source for that fun fact?
>>
>>56777681
He never set foot on the USA.
>>
>>56776367
He also named the Indian Ocean after Native Americans for some reason.
>>
>>56777777
checked
>>
>>56777753
yeah remember to shit in a designed street
>>
>>56777777
checked
>>
>>56777777
Just like your statehood
>>
>>56777605
I'm surprised that there are a thousand pure blood anythings in this country.
>>
>>56777753
You can join ISIS which is the closest thing we have to it

>and thought that the Chinese understood Hebrew and brought Jews with him to act as interpreters.

Lost tribe of Israel confirmed
>>
>>56777533
Hahahaha! Nobody is full blood of anything man, I'm white as fuck and my great great great great great stole an Incan
>>
>>56777777
based
>>
>>56777697
I know about the first paragraph you wrote, thanks for clearing it up, but never had I learned about that "fun fact". Source? In my school they taught us that he was heading for the spice islands, but no mention of china or anything close to that. At least I don't remember that detail.
>>
>>56772014

I hoped this was another Luke 'I actually have full-blown-AIDS' Montgomery video.

Disappointed senpai.
>>
>>56777615
Also one of the few cultures that never discovered ethanol. Despite their neighbors to the south drinking it fucking extensively.
They're just not a curious or inventive people.
>>
>>56777777
The USA didn't exist as a nation when Columbus arrived..

And checked
>>
File: 1448422811765.jpg (296 KB, 1044x1165) Image search: [Google]
1448422811765.jpg
296 KB, 1044x1165
>>56777757
I'm no historian, but, how the fuck do they end up with these sharp jagged edges and shit like that on these lines in the middle of the fucking ocean? Were these faggots uploading Loran points or something to a server?
>>
File: 15985498595.jpg (9 KB, 183x183) Image search: [Google]
15985498595.jpg
9 KB, 183x183
>>56777777
>>
>>56777810
>thinking native americans were technically advanced enough to build streets
shit tier banter m8
>>
I bet she has a great job and totally doesnt have a different diseased cock shuttling out of her face, pussy and ass every single weekend :)
>>
File: herman cortes.jpg (50 KB, 644x362) Image search: [Google]
herman cortes.jpg
50 KB, 644x362
>>56772014
Herman Cortes>Chrisopher Columbus

literally beasted the fuck out of Aztec/Mexico
>>
>>56772014
My native American friend is celebrating Thanksgiving with his native American family. They could not care less about this ancient bullshit.
>>
>>56777929
you said indians not native americans ;)
>>
>>56777893
They were navigating the ocean in sailboats. Sometimes the wind just doesn't cooperate.
>>
>>56777890
Colonization of the Hispañola was pretty much step to the existence of the USA. They kept exploring the land upwards and from there on it became history. Literally.
>>
File: 1380857501750.gif (3 MB, 446x250) Image search: [Google]
1380857501750.gif
3 MB, 446x250
Average city USA:

>Columbus Boulevard
Beautiful, stores, lively, just overall comfy

>MLK Boulevard
EBT
>>
>>56777893
maybe they took notes of every move they did once they were in open water
>>
>>56777942
Based cortes
>>
>All these people saying the spanish did all the bad shit
He was governor of the indies until he was fired for cruelty
>>
>>56772014
How about fucking yourselves for being backwards ass useless weaklings?

You had a continent that's extremely rich in natural resources, you had crops that yield much more produce that any plant Europeans cultivated. You had a tremendous advantage in your hands, and a couple hundred hungry explorers made you their bitches.
>>
File: 1444776339244s.jpg (3 KB, 125x97) Image search: [Google]
1444776339244s.jpg
3 KB, 125x97
>>56777777
This is now a positive repeating integers thread.
>>
>>56772295
>Posting HuffPo unironically
Fuck outta here with your faux-intellectual bullshit
>>
>>56777777
This should be the American flag. It gives those 70s' biking vibes.
>>
>>56777976
same shit different smell desu senpai you knew what i meant
>>
>>56777984
Nigger the point is the faggot should have just drew a straight line port to port, they don't really know the exact course they got there other than inferred information about ocean current and prevailing seasonal winds, which don't always hold true.
>>
>>56777697
The first violent interaction is when natives attacked Lief Erikkson's Viking settlement, and a pregnant Viking woman scared off the natives by shrieking like a madwoman and waving around a sword and shield.
>>
Why are they so intolerant of refugees?
>>
>>56778071
>less information instead of more is better!
Maybe historians know better than you.
>>
>>56777431
Amerigo Vespucci was a badass.
>>
>>56777997
I might believe something like that, I am a very experienced modern navigator, the only thing I could think of to where they could get any type of detail like they show in that map is some type of relative celestial measurement, and that would be very relative
>>
>>56772330
Most indians died of some sort of plague before white folks ever showed up
>>
>Christopher Columbus brought upon the Genocide of first nation peoples
>Honoured and celebrated
>Hitler brought upon Genocide of jewish people
>Hated

I dont understand America
>>
>>56777893
lmao. siri told them to take sudden turns which caused columbus to have to reroute his paths
>>
>>>56772014 (OP)
>How about fucking yourselves for being backwards ass useless weaklings?

Honestly, they should be grateful. However, there's no need to call them as such since in 1492, very primitive societies still existed, just like very little exist today. They just didn't make any breakthroughs in time.
>>
>>56777776
Columbus's diary says he ordered Natives forcibly
detained on the first day of contact.
>>
>>56778060
I know, right? I love Puerto Rico's flag.
>>56778038
"b-but muh native americans didn't NEED to use these resources"
Shit, nobody needs to. You're just a lazy society if you chose not to.
>>
>>56772014
>that faggot indian
>>
File: Morro.jpg (287 KB, 800x1118) Image search: [Google]
Morro.jpg
287 KB, 800x1118
>>56777798
>>56777814
>>56777849
>>56777890
>>56777895

Sepai can now I be 51st state now?
>>
>>56777697
This wasn't a bad plan when you consider that the Portuguese used Jews to negotiate with Muslim spice merchants in Africa, India and Malaya.

>>56777893
I assume it's guesses based off of ships logs. Remember, they had no idea of actual longitude (clock based), only latitude (star based). Also they didn't understand the Gulf Stream the first time they sailed on it.

>>56777777
Nice

>>56778119
Wasn't his brother a close friend of Machiavelli?
>>
>>56778172
Native Americans = untermensch non-whites

Jews = white-passing minorities
>>
>>56778172
>HITLER DIDN'T LEAVE ANYTHING FOR THE GERMANS
>HITLER LOST THE WAR YOU CUNT
>>
File: latest.jpg (54 KB, 538x346) Image search: [Google]
latest.jpg
54 KB, 538x346
i love these threads, every pro conquer argument sounds like vorgon rhetoric

>not our fault your cultur lags behind
>>
>>56778200
Look here 4 square, I don't speak to some spic nigger about history, you've only ever been the mule.
>>
>>56772014
Why are the natives always so ass blasted anyway? Shit happened to their ancestors ages ago and they can live in America today just like anyone else. I mean, its not like they're going to get their land back anyway.
>>
>>56777164
It's 1492, come on
>>
>>56778260
>>HITLER DIDN'T LEAVE ANYTHING FOR THE GERMANS

The Autobahn

Fanta

Volkswagen

V-2 Rocket
>>
>>56772014
>We don't have a day for Hitler
Indeed we don't.. and that's a tragedy.
>>
If the natives really wanted to keep their land they should have won
>>
>>56777221
>Hahahaha oh god imagine how triggered the leftists would get hahahahaha

0% triggered. Leftists are immune to facts. It's common knowledge that African niggers sold each other into slavery, both to other chieftains and to the white men who arrived from across the sea. Indeed, Africa is the only place where you can find countries where slavery is still considered culturally acceptable in the modern world.

Leftists simply do not give two shits or a fuck about the fact that niggers are naturally barbarous, and they'll have the same reaction when faced with facts about firewater drinkin' injun joe.
>>
>>56776205
WE
>>
>>56777320
Prove objective morals, then

Subjective morality makes much more sense, logically
>>
>>56778280
I can't read Arabic sry
>>
>>56778172
Jews weren't affected by Columbus
>>
>>56778219
Well I know that part. I wanted a source on the Jewish translators thing.
>>
>>56777533
But Columbus killed 6 million natives!
>>
>>56778298
To be fair, bad government policy by liberals locked them into perpetual poverty and government dependence. It's not too different from public housing and the blacks, except natives have even less of a chance to succeed.
>>
>>56778363
The irony of that statement.

You realize that his country is being flooded by Arabs the same way the Columbus flooded the Americas with Europeans right?
>>
>>56778402
six trillion,check your privelege!!!!!!!!!!
>>
>>56778327
Yeah, they should have worked together instead of just killing eachother for us.
>>
>>56778310
I suppose, since it's BACK THEN. Just noting that. Still considered primitive compared to the beliefs people hold today. At least that's my opinion.
>>
>>56777850
Columbus carried three letters of introduction from his royal sponsors, one addressed to the Emperor of China by name, one to the Emperor of japan with a blank space (no one in Spain knew the name of the Japanese Emperor), and one generic, just in case.

Columbus tried repeated to have the Chinese letter delivered by Native courier. He also told Queen to her face that he had stood on the mainland of China.
>>
>>56772014
chisopher columbus was a jew. a fucking jew!

https://www.jewishvirtuallibrary.org/jsource/loc/loc12a.html
>>
>>56777212
If you truely believe that the genocide was unintentional you've got some research to do. Lets pretend scalps didnt have a price and that indigenous children were forcibly taken from their homes and made to forget their culture. An act of genocide. This shit happened for years and is still happening. My culture will be forgotten and we will become dinosaurs but I guess that shit dont matter because technology came from the united states of murrica and no other nation is capable of technological advancements.
>>
>1:23
We are all just as guilty
>>
File: 1446689612563.jpg (70 KB, 640x472) Image search: [Google]
1446689612563.jpg
70 KB, 640x472
>>56778429
They are in no fucking way similar you fucking retarded abo
>>
File: 1445613510724.png (586 KB, 452x804) Image search: [Google]
1445613510724.png
586 KB, 452x804
This is very clever.
>>
>>56778497
It's tragic for you, but not for others. What're you going to do about it?
>>
>>56772014
http://www.cnn.com/2012/05/20/opinion/garcia-columbus-jewish/
>>
>>56772477

You realize the same could have been done at multiple points in history right.

If the Romans wiped out Germanic barbars
>If barbars hadn't been absolutely shit at civilization, they might still be around outside of a few shithole reservations

If Western Civilization had been wholly wiped out by the golden age of Islam.
>If kafir hadn't been absolutely shit at civilization, they might still be around outside of a few shithole reservations.
>>
>>56777929
There were pre-contact roads throughout Florida. Well documented by the first Spaniards to arrive there. Also common in Arizona and Ohio.
>>
>>56778291
>Look here 4 square, I don't speak to some spic nigger about history, you've only ever been the mule.
>spic nigger

Well shit I'm sorry my country of birth makes you feel that way. That's too bad. At the very least I'm not a disgusting american.

>implying I'm even black

The nigger here would be you, you grotesque, educated filth.
>>
>>56778587
It could have been, but it wasn't
>>
>>56778509
ONATHA SHRIMP ON THA BAHBIE
>>
>>56778587
>could have
Exactly. The strong survived.
>>
>>56776880
so why didnt the indians (especially in north america) develop an advanced civilisation? aren't we all equal? the incas and aztecs did have an advanced civilisation but it was not advanced enough obviously.
>>
>>56778111
Underrated post
>>
>>56778415
Well, without CC I wouldn't be here.

So fuck the natives, not my fault they didn't want to bend over and take it like a champ.
>>
>>56772014
Whites are being kucked out of existence everyday. Their breeding ground that they crawled out of (europe) is being taken over by muslims

The devil will get their comeuppance and it'll be glorious
>>
File: 1426396499449.jpg (170 KB, 770x500) Image search: [Google]
1426396499449.jpg
170 KB, 770x500
>>56778615
yeah yeah yeah, chirp chirp chirp, just keep sending us black mexicans to play beisbol and shut the fuck up
>>
File: 1447270691681.gif (1 MB, 250x190) Image search: [Google]
1447270691681.gif
1 MB, 250x190
>>56778615
>educated filth.
>>
>>56778558
I suppose point out that yes, government policy by the US can be [easily] construed as cultural genocide. And that these legislative actions can be currently corrected through more than just outpourings of white guilt.

>>56778615
I am reminded that it is every Dominican Republican's shame that they share a border with Haiti. How unfortunate.
>>
>>56778093
No primary sources exist for this, mostly tertiary and some secondary. Certainly a possibility.

And of course those North American Eskimos that reached Germany in the 1100's were poorly treated.
>>
File: 1439158871719.jpg (14 KB, 279x229) Image search: [Google]
1439158871719.jpg
14 KB, 279x229
>>56778488
I must've forgotten about china, but I did remember the letters. I remember failing some of the tests surrounding the purpose of the voyages. Thanks m8.
>>
>>56778247
Yeah,I heard it too
>>
>>56778736
What're you doing?
>>
>>56778762
What if we don't want it corrected?
>>
File: 1448424261425.png (272 KB, 400x800) Image search: [Google]
1448424261425.png
272 KB, 400x800
>>56778789
Waiting 2 hours before I go sit in a deer blind for a while, you?
>>
>>56778312
you forget the part where he rebuilt the german economy from the ashes
>>
>>56772466
It's some ol' bullshit alright.
>>
>>56778165
You're stupid LOL
>>
>>56776111
>my country men could never make anything new
>>
>>56778165
Was the plague named "grain alcohol?"
>>
>>56778672
There were. There was a giant city at Cahokia that no longer exists except in ruins. There were the civilizations in the Rocky Mountains that faded away once the environment changed (desertification) and forced people into subsistence living and nomadic lifestyles.

>>56778718
not saying I'm not glad I exist either, but I was pointing out that the natives not only got fucked hard, but got fucked even harder by the typical left-leaning politicians who wanted to 'help' them.

Fun fact: Andrew Jackson slaughtered an entire tribe except for one baby boy who he raised as his own son. He did love the kid but I am sure it was an odd relationship.
>>
>>56778497
You're crying about your ancestral mercenaries getting paid per kill? Wew. Lad.
>>
>>56778633

It could have fairly easily been. I don't think European civilizations are better for having been more advanced at a certain place in time than some others. There are plenty of others where European civilization was still backwater compared to other places of the world and susceptible to being conquered(and much of it was, in fact, conquered)

I mean, once again, Japan had none of the technological innovation the West brought(and also didn't even invent) but they embraced it.

European civilization is what it is largely due to the influence of Mediterranean and Middle Eastern people.

All I'm saying is that you aren't really special.
>>
>>56776367
>tfw columbus shouldve put 'america' in his gps
>tfw columbus steps on newfoundland and savagely starts beating and raping everything in sight
>tfw native americans got their shit rocked by conquerors, when they themselves were conquerors in their own home.
>tfw people discredit a person for laying the foundation for the civilized life they live today
>columbus found america so you could use your genocidal half-breed genes to slander him on the internet
>>
>>56778736
>>56778745
woops, meant uneducated*** my bad
>>56778762

I don't feel shame for living besides Haiti. I mean, you could think of why it's bad, it actually gets out of hand sometimes, but it's easy to deal with when you live among the high class citizens. Fucking Haitians. Besides, not that I'd prefer a Haitian over an American, but honestly, there's no difference when you're talking with someone on /pol/ for that matter.
>>
File: BOZO.jpg (239 KB, 1013x863) Image search: [Google]
BOZO.jpg
239 KB, 1013x863
>>56778497
Get a fucking load of this PROUD FIRST NATIONS WARRIOR. Fuck off man, go back to the res and pound some mouthwash you fuckin river spook.
>>
>>56778831
Uh, I'd say you're an idiot, or more accurately, monstrously ignorant and cruel on account of your ignorance. I'm not even a liberal.

I should note that there are numerous reservations that do well today even -gasp- without the use of casinos, but government dependency and welfare is a surefire way to lock someone into abject poverty, and this dependence affects most natives today.
>>
File: 1444697001396.jpg (194 KB, 650x813) Image search: [Google]
1444697001396.jpg
194 KB, 650x813
>>56772014
The native americans in the USA and Canada are one of the few native people who I will actually stand up for. They fought hard to maintain there Sovereignty and in the end they were defeated by treachery not force of arms.

The Sioux Treaty of 1868 is still a valid treaty and has never been honored by the US government and what the British and Canadians did to the Chief Tecumseh after the war of 1812 was disgusting.

Tecumseh was a great man by any ones standards.
>>
>>56772014
fuck you man
>>
>>56778359
I don't need to prove any objective morality to say moral relativism is a bad position.

There are different strengths of moral relativism, it is very easy for anyone to agree with the weakest forms that say different people have different morals. Really everyone should agree with that, we know that different people hold different positions on what is good and bad and that they are not just lying about those positions.

It is hard though to agree with stronger forms of moral relativism which take it a step farther and say: there are many different moral systems and therefore there are no good or bad moral systems. I will freely admit that this is not an untrue position, but it is also not a useful position. As an analogy there are many math problems that have a trivial solution of 0 forever along with other interesting solutions and that strong moral relativism is like that 0 solution and that by holding that that is the only solution you're discarding the actually useful ones.
>>
Columbus did nothing wrong.
>>
>>56779051
I understand what you're saying, but I disagree.
>>
>>56779192
And on this day a new maymay was born.
>>
>>56774904
>>56772502
>>56776367
Christopher columpios was veru good person he bring gold to my country for our kings to spend on partys, meth and prostitutes and shit oke?
>>
>>56779118
Oh I'm cruel, but it's not from ignorance
>>
>>56778784
Here's something

http://schillerinstitute.org/educ/hist/2013/ingraham-machiavelli.html

>In the first post-Savonarola government Guido Antonio Vespucci, an uncle of the explorer Amerigo, is named Gonfalonier, and he, together with Lorenzo di Pierfrancesco, sponsor the election of Machiavelli to two positions in the new government – Second Chancellor of the Republic and Secretary to the Committee of the Ten of War. Agostino Vespucci (Amerigo’s cousin) is elected as the chief assistant to Machiavelli, and later he would become Machiavelli’s liaison with Leonardo da Vinci.

>In July of the same year it was also Machiavelli who secured the commission for Leonardo to paint the fresco of the Battle of Anghiari, and he assigned Agostino Vespucci to aid him.

>On June 25, 1474, in response to a letter from Fernāo Martins, the Canon of the Cathedral of Lisbon, Toscanelli sent Martins a map, together with his proposal for a westward voyage across the Atlantic. At that time Martins was acting as the agent of King Alfonso V of Portugal, with whom Toscanelli had already corresponded on the subject of an Atlantic voyage. Later, between 1480 and 1482, when he learned of Toscanelli’s proposal, Christopher Columbus initiated a correspondence with Toscanelli and received from him copies of both the 1474 map and the letter sent earlier to Martins.

>Toscanelli’s map would then become the guidepost for Columbus’ heroic 1492 voyage of discovery.
(This map) >>56778247

>In 1474, when Toscanelli began his correspondence with Christopher Columbus on the possibility of a “western voyage,” he was simultaneously training the young Amerigo, and it seems very unlikely that Amerigo did not read that correspondence, particularly since he had full access to Toscanelli’s scientific papers and maps.
>>
>>56779127
>the Native Americans
>the Native Americans
Yeah, that famous Native American Nation which was entirely peaceful and dindu nuffin
>>
File: 1447942749972.png (41 KB, 383x419) Image search: [Google]
1447942749972.png
41 KB, 383x419
>>56779127
>complaining about war crimes
>lives in SOUTH AFRICA
>>
>>56779078
Ha ha, I only say that because I always took that people from DR identify more with their spanish heritage and don't want to be associated with poor black (violent) Haiti. Even blacks from DR will say "I'm not black I'm Hispanic!"
>>
>>56666666
>>
>>56779090
Come at me cowboy, ain't afraid of your mcdonald cheese burgers.
>>
>>56779260
Ha ha, you likely are, but let's not argue semantics!
>>
>>56778667

Hardly, the methods for genocide just weren't as refined. The technological disproportionate wasn't as great. European conquest is a result of coming up technologically at the right time in the right place. It inherited much from non-white cultures and waged the right wars(ones it would easily win)
>>
>>56779379
>people who disagree with me are ignorant
>>
Is Hispanola mostly Spanish rather than native? I read that something like 98% of the native population died
>>
>>56779288
Where did I say that? Point it out to me please. I know full well that they were a bunch of warring tribes, I don't glorify them like the filthy hippies do.

I have nothing against nations conquering other nations in the past it was just the way of the world back then and if you were not strong enough to defend your own people then it's your fault.

I am talking about the treaties they made with them later when a couple of great men did get there people to unite and adapt to the modern age and even with there co operation they were betrayed.

Tecumseh destroyed US soldiers and militia in the war of 1812.
>>
>>56779318
We're already at war, I'm winning with the slow death of reservations and ebbing treaty rights, now fetch me the finest squaw of the res that smells of lavender and paint thinner.
>>
>native americans get conquered
>AH THEY DESERVED IT FUCKING NIGGERS NEXT TIME FIGHT BACK
>the west gets conquered by immigrants
>ABLOOOABLOOOO IT'S THE JEWS
>>
>>56779400
>It inherited much from non-white cultures and waged the right wars(ones it would easily win)
That would make it a smart move.
>>
>>56779502
>/pol/ has a single mindset
>>
>>56779282
I think it was in the 1470's when Columbus visited Iceland and was told about the Chinese stopping there in the 1420's.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 46

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.