[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Were the 1990s a better time politically for the West, or was
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 79
Thread images: 21
File: clinton.png (286 KB, 675x422) Image search: [Google]
clinton.png
286 KB, 675x422
Were the 1990s a better time politically for the West, or was it the same as it is now?
>>
>>56771959

Clinton

>Gutted the military.
>Left us open for 9/11
>Destroyed the housing market
>Took credit for the good economy that was actually created by the rise of tech firms
>Made a disgrace of the white house
>Destroyed the housing market

Clintons are human garbage.
>>
No, it's always been shit, but there is more shit and people are more aware of it now.
>>
File: 1441854695867.jpg (103 KB, 354x640) Image search: [Google]
1441854695867.jpg
103 KB, 354x640
>>56771959
only reason it is looked back on fondly is due to the .com boom of the 90's
>>
>>56771959
90s was the beginning of the end because without the Soviet Union as an ideological counter, you could no longer shame people into supporting free speech as part of the American ethos, thus the rise of political correctness and the SJWs of today.
>>
>>56772062
>gutted the military
not nearly enough
jesus christ how much do you think we need to be spending? at some point its all military industrial complex pork, and Clinton somehow managed to keep Lockheed's grubby little fingers off of some of our national debt.
>>
File: Clinton Death List.jpg (545 KB, 897x1850) Image search: [Google]
Clinton Death List.jpg
545 KB, 897x1850
>>56772217

You're human garbage.
>>
Yes it was. There was hope.
>>
File: goldeneye.jpg (73 KB, 530x348) Image search: [Google]
goldeneye.jpg
73 KB, 530x348
>>56771959
To understand how the 90s were back then you had to be born in the 80s.

>No internet
>No cell phones
>Music came in cassett or cd formats
>Games for PC were either cd or floppy disc
>Games on the consoles were all cartridges
>90s music was pretty weird and random
>People actually enjoyed being recorded on VHS back then unlike today
>Everyone went to the library to either to read, study or use the Computers.
>Bill clinton was a fucking idiot
>It was common to see people tying shirts around their waist
>AOL was the shit and kids who had on their PCs were the cool kids on the block.
>7 Eleven was a bid deal back then
>90s anime was pretty awesome
>People confused david hasselhoff with dan marino of the miami dolphins
>Pokemon was the shit and now it's just shit
>>
Thank god Clinton punished those ugly Serbs for trying to remove our delicious Kebab friends though.
>>
>>56772376
fun fact, the biggest Goldeneye player/streamer is a huge Pro-Trump guy
https://twitter.com/RWhiteGoose/status/641743744342073344
>>
File: 1.png (131 KB, 900x2377) Image search: [Google]
1.png
131 KB, 900x2377
>>
>>56771959

clinton was the last president to get away with every fucking piece of shit the smiling cunt did - he was the worst but you had dialup so you never knew.

Literally the cause of all the problems we have today, INCLUDING diabetes, but the biggest problem with that is it doesn't kill quickly, so it's costly.
>>
File: 25237.jpg (85 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
25237.jpg
85 KB, 640x640
>>56772376
>born in 86
>remember all of that
Thanks for the feels bro.
>>
>>56771959
It's irrelevant what Clinton did or did not cause. The 90's were idyllic compared to this neo-Coen cesspool.
>>
>>56772684
It has everything to do with our Horowitzic immigration policy. The Jews have really outdone themselves this time. Because nobody even calls them out or is even aware of it... They've finally seemed to best the West. Quite an impressive job
>>
>>56772376

>>People confused david hasselhoff with dan marino of the miami dolphins

Holy shit I kek'd ANCIENTFAG CONFIRMED.

Dude when I was a kid I had dreams OJ Simpson was going to come get me in his white van or bronco or whatever it was. He scared the shit out me when I was a kid.

>>90s music was pretty weird and random

Yeah it's funny because it's like per album and artist too. Which is why there were so many one hit wonders. And a bunch of unknown bands then are out kicking ass today.

Also I played Goldeneye for hours. I loved that game. I was just watching the movie on a marathon lately and the movie made me nostalgia hard for the game. The designs were actually really spot on.
>>
>>56772581
If only 9/11 never happened. I wonder where we would be at.
>>
File: 1447045372061.jpg (132 KB, 736x460) Image search: [Google]
1447045372061.jpg
132 KB, 736x460
>>56772565
nice i played that game dusk till dawn
>>56772676
np bro
>>
>>56771959

>AWB
>Import bans on Norinco firearms
>Ban on SVD rifles
>Ban on CC on military bases including the fucking military

Fuck you Bill
>>
>>56772901
Probably in a better place. Bush's entire platform was about getting us out of foreign entanglements and bettering our nation.
>>
>>56771959
Okay, so do you remember how 2015 is worse than 2014?

Well go back twenty five years of things getting worse. 1990 was 25 years better than today.

Decades of tacos ruining everything, decades of china and mexico stealing jobs, The middle east was somewhat stable because it was full of dictators who held an iron grip over mudslimes.

YOU FUCKING BET IT WAS BETTER BACK THEN.
>>
File: image.jpg (24 KB, 300x240) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
24 KB, 300x240
President Bob Dole is not proud of the modern day Republican Party and how they are all racist
>>
>>56773039
You know I've come to think all that was a protectionist scheme for American manufacturing. We quit buying cheap import surplus and started buying new expensive guns made in the USA.
>>
Ask Latin America how the Clintons turned out for them.
>>
>>56772901
It would be the same. Iraq was coming anyways. Afghanistan would probably have been skipped.

You'd still have economic refugees, it just wouldn't be quite so bad in Europe.
>>
>>56772889
Yeah man im old and shit but i wish i was young again to relive the 90s all over again.
>>
File: 1448341991603.png (157 KB, 516x440) Image search: [Google]
1448341991603.png
157 KB, 516x440
>>56772901
>>56772327

>tfw the hope is gone forever

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DL7-CKirWZE
>>
>>56773157
Its a good thing Trump is running. He's protectionist instead of free trade. Free trade isn't even a partisan issue, both parties always vote "free trade."
>>
>>56773077
>Bush's entire platform was about getting us out of foreign entanglements and bettering our nation.
Lol what are you smoking?
>>
>>56772269
George "Dubya" Bush started a business funded by the Bin Ladens
>>
File: C315-2.jpg (51 KB, 682x450) Image search: [Google]
C315-2.jpg
51 KB, 682x450
Was Reagan a good president in the 80s?
>>
>>56773077
I remember people basically calling Bush a pussy for his crypto-apology to the Chinese for the Hainan Island incident.
>>
>>56773836
Considering people think Obama is a good president I doubt anyone could really tell the difference.

What you can say is that Reagan wasn't a bitch, the policies he advocated he had planned decades ahead and the man had charisma and the balls to use it.

Whether he was actually a good president, I don't even know, but he felt like a good president.
>>
>>56772217
Military might is one of the few reasons the US has any power in the world. It allows your influence to extend everywhere.
>>
File: pity.jpg (137 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
pity.jpg
137 KB, 1920x1080
>>56772376
Even better. Be born in the 70s
>>
>>56773836
It's hard not to improve upon the bulk of the 1960s and 70s leadership, so yes.

Johnson, Nixon, Ford, and Carter didn't exactly set high bars for excellence in leadership. So while Reagan might be a mediocre president in the totality of the life of the nation, compared to those 4 he's a god damned Jefferson or Lincoln.
>>
File: whhhhut.gif (2 MB, 236x224) Image search: [Google]
whhhhut.gif
2 MB, 236x224
>>56772217
>and Clinton somehow managed to keep Lockheed's grubby little fingers off of some of our national debt.

nigger, are you retarded?

Clinton renegotiated the (now indefinite) contracts with boeing and lockheed and ending up tripling the cost of deployment
>in addition to lockheed very literally owning military bases and equipment

That along with his brilliant idea to sell public utilities (all to balance the deficit) screwed us almost as much as the graham leech bailey act
>>
>>56773718
If you're talking of Arbusto Energy, the man involved was an associate of the bin Laden family, and but one investor of many.
>>
>>56772940
They started selling surge in gas stations near me again for some reason. I'm not complaining, but it came out of left field. I thought that delicious ambrosia was gone forever.
>>
>>56771959
>Conservatives keep sending you a good budget until you stop vetoing it.
>Take credit for it after the new batch of kids turns eighteen.
You're not fooling anyone over thirty, Clinton.
>>
>>56774284

Nixon and to a lesser degree Carter were both great leaders (with the exception of Carters foreign affairs fuck ups and Nixon pissing off his kike handlers)

Carter got totally fucked by LBJs excessive spending during Vietnam, which Paul Vockler was able to fix only by creating an intentional depression to combat the stupidly high misery index in Carters early years.

Carter got fucked, Reagan got fucked by the same move, then HW and Clinton got to reap all the benefits
>in addition to the shitload of cash Reagan put back into the private sector right before the 7 year boom started
>>
>>56774492
Politicians take the credit when it's sunny outside, then blame the weather man when it's rainy.
>>
>>56774348
>Sept. 11, 2001, members of the Carlyle Group - including Bush senior, and his former secretary of state, James Baker - were meeting at the Ritz Carlton Hotel in Washington, D.C., along with Shafiq bin Laden, another one of Osama bin Laden's brothers

How about this nugget
>>
>>56771959
90s was only good because social justice bullshit wasn't a thing.
>>
>>56774563
Carter challenging the Soviet Union on it's human rights record is under appreciated.

A workers paradise that needs gulags and barbed wire to keep citizens in is clearly a miserable place to live.

And Nixon taking advantage of the Sino-Soviet split probably helped end the Cold War more than Reagan's balloon-busting military build up did.
>>
>>56773354
Free trade isn't bad amongst peers. We haven't had the shitshow with Canada for nafta we've had with Mexico.
>>
>>56774739
didn't you ever play greebles?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tMnthmrB-eo
>>
File: based nixon.jpg (139 KB, 569x400) Image search: [Google]
based nixon.jpg
139 KB, 569x400
>>56774816
Its true; carter always gets a bum rap for the hostage crisis, much like Nixon and watergate

People completely forget that he singlehandedly opened relations with China and stopped the draft

Lesson: never piss off the jews
>>
>>56775064
>singlehandedly opened relations with China and stopped the draft
in retrospect maybe he shouldn't have.
>>
File: then and now.jpg (86 KB, 960x640) Image search: [Google]
then and now.jpg
86 KB, 960x640
>>56772376
>born in 91
>got to grow up with great 90's cartoons
>got to watch late 80's early 90's action movies on tv
>last generation to watch Mr Rogers
>vidya was still fun and with 3D was very experimental
>remember when the internet was still mostly just a research tool used for school projects
>schools had a NASAboner
>security was still lax as fuck, you didnt need to go through 15 x-ray machines to get on a plane or go up the statue of liberty
>the future seemed bright and people were eagerly awaiting the turn of the millenium

if only the knew...
>>
>>56771959
In the 90's, the US sponsored China into the Free Trade Agreement, despite the fact that their books looked all wrong, and then did (and continue to do) nothing while China fudges their numbers. In short, the 90's was the point that the US government essentially started going to Check into Cash. Tons of money and opportunity upfront, but now they have to pay it back. They pay it back via production job loss and constant debt running.
>>
>>56772901
>>56773077
I often wonder what Bush's presidency wouldve been like without 9/11 and all that followed.

I assume he wouldve been an alright president, he certainly had the charisma to be a good follow up to Clinton.
>>
>>56775360
>couldn't make a phone call if you were on the computer at the same time
>>
File: tumblr_lkcdzou4M71qc0p7do1_400.gif (338 KB, 250x165) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_lkcdzou4M71qc0p7do1_400.gif
338 KB, 250x165
>>56772940
>>
>>56775520
>you didnt just open the browser and go online
>you had to "turn on the internet"
>>
>>56775442
I had a talk about this a few weeks ago. Bush would have been a great President without a nation altering event like 9/11. Imagine Jimmy Carter in 1941 instead of FDR.
>>
File: 6801-1.jpg (109 KB, 690x607) Image search: [Google]
6801-1.jpg
109 KB, 690x607
>>56774140
With you there bro. I remember wanting a double tape deck for christmas so i could copy my friends commodore 64 games.

When the internet started arriving... free games... i spent 12 hours downloading the original Civilization from an off the planet ftp server...

Worth it.
>>
>>56771959
He turned the white house into a massage parlor, and the Lincoln bedroom into a motel.
>>
File: ANDROMAD.gif (79 KB, 531x233) Image search: [Google]
ANDROMAD.gif
79 KB, 531x233
>>56775360
You missed some of the best shit
>>
>>56775520
90's BTFO

Anyone reminiscing about "how great" it was in the "olden days" is just Disillusioned nostalgic's.

yeah sure you have all of the SJW gay cum niggers, but do you honestly believe quality of life has gotten any worse? If it did, wouldn't there be a truly stunning amount of statistics showing it was? For a moment do you think the general entitled North American public would ever let their quality of life slip as an entire average without becoming extremely angry about it?

Even if the dindu's and the illegals are dragging down quality of life averages in the States, HDI and quality of life is still rising as an average because life for everyone else is improving at a substantial rate.
>>
>>56775696
he deflected the attention from US involvement in the Bosnia-Serbia conflict very effectively i thought.
>>
>>56775663
then again, he still had Cheney as VP, and in the end, Cheney (and Rumsfeld) were everything that went wrong with his presidency.

Cheney was the real president for like 6-7 years before Bush realized he got used like a chump and stopped even speaking to him
>>
>>56775809
His conduct there was utterly disgraceful and comtemptible.
>>
>>56775787
>but do you honestly believe quality of life has gotten any worse?
>whites are now a minority
>everyone is fat and foods have gotten worse
>wages have stagnated leading to a shitty quality of life

yes, id say it has.

>would ever let their quality of life slip as an entire average without becoming extremely angry about it?
you are underestimating not only how gradual it was, but how stupid the people are.
>>
>>56775787
Anon, that was the only post I had made in this thread and I didn't say a word about things being "much better." I do miss a lot of things like stores which no longer exist, certain fashion, music, and animation.

And, from my own experience, I'm able to argue that things -were- better for myself because my family was still together and I grew up in a nice area.

Try not to be so reactionary. There's no harm in reminiscing about things you once enjoyed.
>>
File: VT-SUN3.jpg (43 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
VT-SUN3.jpg
43 KB, 640x480
>>56775787
I can access a live feed from my house, on a device that 6 hours work will pay for, at a cost less than i would earn at work in less than 5 minutes. We live in unbelievable times.

>>56775857
May have been, but noone paid attention because he fucked a fat intern. And cigar. Imagine if Bush had been caught banging his interns a week before the Iraq invasion.
>>
>>56775787
There were jobs and people could afford ten year mortgages on houses.

Inner city crime was higher, but that was about it.
>>
>>56772889
My best friend and I growing up were skipped school on Fridays and after coming out of the arcade stalked a guy in our neighborhood who looked like the the unabomber.

Good times.
>>
>>56776027
You played any Galak-Z?
>>
>>56775947
Also, I forgot to add that I didn't have people shoving it down my throat how bad religion and gender roles were. I didn't have people screaming about pc and how I can't say this or that. I was able to have birthday parties in school and bring my friends pizza or goodie bags.
>>
I am under no impression that somehow the 90's are better than now. I spent my pre teens in the 90s and most of my teens in the 00's. You tend to remember you pre teens in a good light and teens in a bad light. But 2004-07 was not a fun time for anyone in America I think. Lots of war news, soldier deaths, rising insurgency, etc Probably why fucking reality TV is so popular now, something to distract people.
>>
>>56775064
>Lesson: never piss off the jews
This. Barry Goldwater was a half-kike social-liberal that ended segregation in his state. But he was always weary of the Israeli lobby and certain provocateurs who happened to be predominately Jewish, and when he opposed the 64 Civil Rights Act on constitutional grounds all hell broke loose. He was slandered from DC to his home town as a Nazi and it haunted his political career the rest of his life.

He had a decent shot at the presidency at one point, too.
>>
File: ISW550X.jpg (391 KB, 1601x2150) Image search: [Google]
ISW550X.jpg
391 KB, 1601x2150
>>56772376
>>No internet
No.
>>No cell phones
No. Bag phones, car phones, Startac. Fuck you.
>>Music came in cassett or cd formats
muh walkman. Hiding it in your backpack because they weren't "allowed" in school.
>>Games for PC were either cd or floppy disc
>tfw 13 floppy discs to install Windows 95
>>Games on the consoles were all cartridges
Sega CD and Saturn, fuck you
>>90s music was pretty weird and random
Yes.
>>People actually enjoyed being recorded on VHS back then unlike today
Some people? Camcorders were fucking weird.
>>Everyone went to the library to either to read, study or use the Computers.
Trufax.
>>Bill clinton was a fucking idiot
Not gonna disagree
>>It was common to see people tying shirts around their waist
Flannel. Ripped jeans... Cutoff. Ugh.
>>AOL was the shit and kids who had on their PCs were the cool kids on the block.
Cool kids? No, only us fucking nerds were on there. >tfw switching from AOL to local provider to brag to fellow nerds
>tfw using Internet for free on netzero and using IE to avoid ads
>>7 Eleven was a bid deal back then
Slurpee
>>90s anime was pretty awesome
Sure
>>People confused david hasselhoff with dan marino of the miami dolphins
Everyone with that haircut looked the same
>>Pokemon was the shit and now it's just shit
>tfw saving lunch money for cards
>tfw opening booster pack and CHARIZARD
>>
>>56771959
In Canada, no. Constitutional crisis in 1990/1991, federal sales tax added in 91, Global recession in 92, federal government was a mess, chretien gets elected, Quebec threatens to separate in 95, does not pass by a very narrow margin, feds piss away a bunch of money to try to expouse the benefits of a United Canada, (was found out about 8 years later resulting in their downfall) military was gutted, can't think of much else.
>>
File: jscott-campbell-80s-collage.jpg (186 KB, 500x460) Image search: [Google]
jscott-campbell-80s-collage.jpg
186 KB, 500x460
>>56774382
Really? you can make a shit load of money on ebay if you sell them???
>>56774140
That too you probably played some old good games before my time.
>>56775360
2001 is when shit hit the fan but we didn't feel it until obama took office.
>>56775548
good times
>>56776337
Some of those i have correct i mostly didn't know about them since i was still young.
>>
>>56777569
90's cartoons > 80's toy commercials
>>
>>56777569
Alot of those shows lasted through the early 90s.
>>
>>56777755
>>56778708
Thread replies: 79
Thread images: 21

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.