[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why is the drinking age 21 in murica? It makes no sense at all.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2
File: dcw10pt1.png (203 KB, 780x1150) Image search: [Google]
dcw10pt1.png
203 KB, 780x1150
Why is the drinking age 21 in murica? It makes no sense at all.

Pic related
>>
Because MADD. It was 18 until they made a big enough of a stink to the government.
>>
Because nothing beneficial to society arises from getting drunk. Where as serving your country is as beneficial as you can get
>>
>>56769024
That's a cool opinion, doesn't mean you get to make a law about it.
>>
>>56767113
What doesn't make sense is a minor hanging about in a bar.
>>
>>56769024
some of the best literature in the world is written by fall down drunks.
>>
>>56768646
Madd is the biggest bunch of save the children cunts, I'm glad their former head got a dui for being 3 times over the limit the fucking hypocrite
>>
>>56767113
The brain doesn't finish mylenation until around that age. You're more susceptible to permanent brain damage from alcohol poisoning before that age.
>>
>>56767113
Because by the age of 21 brain stops regeneration so it's imperfect for people to become alcoholics.. idiots are easier to control.
>>
>>56769674
>>56767113
Also some studies have shown that critical thinking under high stress is also diminished before myelination is complete.
>>
>>56769024
So why make them wait until 21, an age where they have better things to do than drink?

I had 6 years of liquor before 21.
>>
>>56769797
because you're a nigger.
fucking nigger...
>>
protestants
>>
>>56767113
The federal government won't give states road money if their drinking age is under 21. That's the real reason, a lot of states held out.
>>
>>56767113

Highway funding is tied to drinking age

Libertarians were right the entire time.
>>
>>56769751
>can't think critically before 21, no booze
>but plz serve in the military where you can get maimed or killed
>>
>>56769836
It's completely normal here.
>>
>>56769797
>I had 6 years of liquor before 21.

And look how you turned out.
>>
>>56769978
>>56770043
I've traveled all around the country and there is only one state who's roads are amazingly maintained.

Virginia, go figure.
>>
>>56767113
Democrat wrote a bill that takes away a state's road money if you don't make the age 21. Democrat House passed it roundly, Republican Senate passed it after a fuck-it amendment, and Reagan didn't like throwing the veto at non-economic issues.
>>
Drinking age didnt stop retarded boots in my unit. Pfc got drunk as fuck and beat his wife ran off and blacked out at the PX
>>
>>56770393
>PFC making a scene
>PFC being a shitbag
>PFC not being recalibrated with pipe wrenches after muster
You fuckers were nearly as guilty as he.
>>
>>56767113
>Not having an uncle that gives you free booze since you were 13
smf ham tbqh
>>
>>56770269
>anime pic
well clearly better than you
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.