[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Daily reminder that hate speech is not free speech
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 5
File: 1-2-hate-speech-free-speech.jpg (146 KB, 1207x907) Image search: [Google]
1-2-hate-speech-free-speech.jpg
146 KB, 1207x907
The first amendment doesn't mean you get to say whatever you want. It means you can say what is right.

The Non-Aggression Principle means that people have a right, implicit in the ninth amendment, to not be victims of hate speech.
>>
>>56761882
That's a pretty bold interpretation of an amendment that literally states:
>The enumeration in the Constitution, of certain rights, shall not be construed to deny or disparage others retained by the people.

>[T]he ninth amendment does not confer substantive rights in addition to those conferred by other portions of our governing law.
>>
>>56761882
Nice bait, faggot.
>>
>>56761882
who is it that decides what's hate speech
it can be someone telling you something they don't like.
the free exchange of ideas
or criticism of the government
>>
>>56761882
>Not be victims of hate speech

Don't be around people who hate you? Seems like a pretty obvious solution.
>>
Reminder "hate speech" is a bullshit Jewish construction meant to police goyim.
>>
>>56761882
>It means you can say what is right.

And who decides what is right?
>>
>There are people so brainwashed they think this is true
Hate speech is just another form of censorship the left champion in order to silence those who say things that hurts their feels. Look at most of Europe, they cheered on their hate speech laws, now they can’t say anything bad about the invas….mass immigration that’s going on otherwise they could face a couple months in jail.
>>
>>56761882
is this shitposting?
>>
>>56761882

how come feminists can speak then?
>>
File: 1396054052844.png (67 KB, 625x626) Image search: [Google]
1396054052844.png
67 KB, 625x626
>>56761882
>>
>>56762516

Si!
>>
>>56762337
China is that you?
>>
>>56761882
Maybe you faggots grow a skin and a backbone. Too much effort?
>>
>>56761882
The problem with this:

Someone does somethings awful
You don't have the right to speak your mind about him/her

While the so-called "hateful people" get mugged, have their families and children bullied, end up in jail...

Face it: Nothing can abolish violence.
>>
>>56761882
The Supreme Court disagrees with you.
>>
File: I8yYHA4.png (55 KB, 625x626) Image search: [Google]
I8yYHA4.png
55 KB, 625x626
>>56761882
>>
>>56761882
I say we just start labeling privilege checking as hate speech.
>>
>>56761882
I know this is bait, and weak one but ... "hate speach" is a made up BS term by those crybaby millenials playing the victim competition. They think the louder you cry the more attention you get. They will get BTFO by reality whne they have to go to work. Where noone gives a fuck how you feel, you have to do your job. That's of course if they get hired. Noone is looking for people with gender studies diplomas.
Btw "hate speech" is nothing but an attack on free speech and all it will accomplish is pushing people to far right. Not my favorite outcome but i will enjoy seeing leftists hanging from the trees and lightposts.
>>
>>56761882
Your opinion opposes mine, which makes expressing your opinion hate speech against my belief structure, which means you have no right to express it. Checkmate, liberal.
>>
>>56761882
Show current precedent justifying the censorship of insults in in US publications and explain the 99.9% of people who take their insults without being silenced.
>>
>>56763066
but dear Poland, don't you know about vicious women running HR?
That ruined my last job really.
>>
>>56763066

>the victim competition

That just crystallized a bunch of political things for me. Thank you and I'll probably be using it. Because they are actually in a "competition" to be more of a victim than the next "victim".

Hah!
>>
>>56761882
OP deserves to be raped.
>>
>>56761882
K dirty nigger
>>
>>56763407

Agreed, but mostly for low-quality bait.
>>
>The Non-Aggression Principle
Looks like I can now disregard everything else you've said.
>>
>>56761882
Daily reminder that literally every limit on free speech has been used to oppresse the political minority.
>>
>>56761882
And liberals were selected to be the ones to dictate what is right and acceptable, and what needs to be silenced and punished.

I'm sure that's in
>>
Ignorant free speech often works against the speaker. That is one of several reasons why it must be given rein instead of suppressed.

Anna Quindlen
>>
>use words like "rip" and "destroy" to describe the effect of speech you don't like
>black youfs knocking out random white people is a "game"
>>
It is a paradox that every dictator has climbed to power on the ladder of free speech. Immediately on attaining power each dictator has suppressed all free speech except his own.

Herbert Hoover
>>
>>56761882
Most hate speech is allowed.
Threats are not.
Threats are a part of hate speech.

I do not have a freedom to threaten people and not be punished. Saying "I will kill all niggers tonight downtown" is both hate speech and a threat. The government can come after me for that.

Saying "All niggers are terrible people." Is just hate speech. I am not threatening anyone. What I said is still a terrible thing. But I am allowed to have that opinion and allowed to verbally say it. No matter how dumb it is. The extreme I can take that to is to say "I wish all niggers would die." I still have not threatened anyone, it is still an opinion. I can even say, "I want the police to kill all niggers." A terrible terrible thing but still not a threat.

Replace the word "niggers" with rich people, poor people, republicans, or democrats, religious people, atheists.
"I will kill all rich people tonight downtown" Is still a threat.
"All rich people are terrible people" is only hate speech.

Same with harassment vs criticism. Hate speech is a terrible thing in some regards. But it is not something that will destroy a society.
>>
>>56761882
gas yourself traitor
>>
Fear of serious injury alone cannot justify oppression of free speech and assembly. Men feared witches and burnt women. It is the function of speech to free men from the bondage of irrational fears.

Louis D. Brandeis
>>
>>56761882
3/10
poor quality bait
>>
>>56761882
then what you call free speech is not free.
>>
Free speech is meant to protect unpopular speech. Popular speech, by definition, needs no protection.

Neal Boortz
>>
>>56763716
step up nigga
here it is direct ad Hitlerum, with mentions to the 60 gazillions, the act of vomiting and "the darkest hours of history"

Get the bubonic pest, it'll be an easier way for you to be accepted in France than speaking the truth.

Also for those who know about based Dieudonné, the dude is soon to face jail time for exposing da j00s.
>>
File: mfwfullonautism.gif (2 MB, 300x164) Image search: [Google]
mfwfullonautism.gif
2 MB, 300x164
>>56763784
I knew liked that mothafucker
>>
Can we agree then that calling 2nd amendment supporters violent terrorists constitutes a hate crime?

Shit is really unnerving.
>>
File: 1440207110653.gif (3 MB, 438x383) Image search: [Google]
1440207110653.gif
3 MB, 438x383
People actually falling for this /b/ tier bait.
>>
>>56761882
go preach somewhere else.
>>
>>56761882
When, precisely, did the constitution get ratified to fit your hyper-sensitive definition if free speech?
Of course, this is likely just juvenile bait
>>
>>56761882

So I'm allowed to say fat tumblerinas are not only a drain to society as a whole, but are actively undermining the intent of the founding fathers and the world would be better without them?
>>
>>56763349
Because it's exactly that. Like those attention whores on the Mizzou Uni. They got mad at Paris massacre for "stealing the spotlight". Because french were "the biggest victims" at the moment and not SJWs.
>>
>>56763348
Are you working at tampoon factory or something ?
>>
>>56761882
This post is hate speech and I demand you take it down.
>>
>>56761882
"You're only allowed to say what's right"

>Blacks commit a substantial amount of crime for their population percentage.

"No you're only allowed to say what I SAY is right"
>>
>>56761882
>that pic

I know this is bait, but you have no right to self-respect or sanity under our constitution. You do, however, have free speech, which has been clarified time and time again by the Supreme Court to include just about any filthy and hateful thing imaginable.
Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.