[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I don't understand, why would people be against ID's
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 167
Thread images: 19
File: image.jpg (156 KB, 1275x559) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
156 KB, 1275x559
I don't understand, why would people be against ID's to vote in America?
>>
>>56754041
cuz its racist
>>
>>56754041
More illegal mexican immigrants voting democrat
Look at the only state that lets them vote
>Commifornia
>>
harder to import voters
>>
>>56754041
I dont understand, why would people be against ID's to buy guns?
>>
>harder for people of color, women, younger voters, and seniors

So basically everyone but white male adults. This person is assuming that everyone else is incapable of showing identification, racist/sexist/ageist/ableist much?
>>
the rights of illegal aliens to vote democrat SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED
>>
Because being a registered voter should be enough and needlessly complicating the voting process serves no purpose other than shrinking the number of potential voters.
>>
>>56754041
How can Dembots expect the dead to produce ID?
>>
Dats raycis
>>
>>56754041
It makes it harder for everyone to vote, which is a good thing. Optimally, we should encourage as few people as possible to vote.
>>
>>56754041
sounds like our ID laws arent strict enough
>>
>>56754372

You forget that the hospital won't sign/release a birth certificate until after the hospital dues were paid in full.

>>56754409
and the names and social security numbers from the local graveyard that are still registered and still voting is A-OK in your land?
>>
>>56754993
M8 just because it happened on the simpsons doesn't mean it's an issue in real life.
>>
>>56754041
>only this many people were found guilty of illegally voting so it's not a problem!
They don't even fucking check and that's why no one is being found guilty. Eurofags can come to America and vote for Trump by the droves and they wouldn't find out
>>
>>56755207
I'm sure some Ameribro will tell me the exact event but that was a real thing that happened
>>
>>56754041

Most people need a Driver's license, a State ID, a Passport, or some other form of photo ID to work/drive/function in society.

There is literally no excuse for this. Unless, you know, you don't want accountability in votes.
>>
>>56755577
No? I'd have trouble registering to vote.

>>56755692
Oh I'm sure it happened, but that doesn't make it an issue.
>>
>>56754993
What the fuck is wrong with voter ID, you fucking americans.

Everyone here has to pay for an ID, roughly 5-10 euro per year, and everyone is sent a piece of paper they have to hand in whilst voting.

Racist, sexist, transphobic and otherkinbigoted, I guess.
>>
>>56754041
the only people against presenting an ID to vote are people that cannot legally vote and the democrat candidates that want those peoples vote.
>>
>>56754041
>I don't understand, why would people be against ID's to vote in America?
Me neither. You have to show I.D just to walk down your own street if a cop feels like making you show it to them, but you can vote for a president without an I.D? Odd.
>>
File: 1290535109600.jpg (3 KB, 126x126) Image search: [Google]
1290535109600.jpg
3 KB, 126x126
>>56754041
>Don't check for fraud because you can't detect it anyway, due to no ID being required
>Only the few that were dumb enough to get caught in a non-ID system, and then admit to it, count as cases of fraud
Shocker.

Pretty fucking funny, some guy voting for Eric Holder (US Attorney General)
>I'll be back faster than you can say furious
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P5p70YbRiPw

>>56754246
>"shall not be infringed"
>>
I mean the laws are pretty blatantly about reducing voter turnout but I support it regardless.

Illegal immigrants being able to vote in California is a fucking travesty.
>>
>>56756748
>Photo ID to vote does not infringe voting rights
>Photo ID to buy guns infringes 2nd amendment
Can you help me out here? I haven't been keeping up on my mental gymnastics lessons.
>>
>Australia
>Compulsory voting
>ID required
Why the fuck do Americans make such a fucking fuss about everything, how hard is it to bring an ID card on the day you need to vote (which occurs once every 4 years)
>>
>>56757150
Which amendment explicitly guarantees the right to vote, again?
>>
>>56757667
Three of them, actually.
>15th
>19th
>26th
>>
>>56757667
26th.
Section 1. The right of citizens of the United States, who are eighteen years of age or older, to vote shall not be denied or abridged by the United States or by any State on account of age.

Section 2. The Congress shall have the power to enforce this article by appropriate legislation.
>>
I dont understand why people are so against it. All you fucking need to vote up here is a driver's license and the face to match, and if you're of voting age you should have at least that. I cant comprehend the das raycis argument, there's literally no harm in making sure that the person that's voting for the future of your country is in fact the person they say they are.
>>
File: 1445039510264s.jpg (3 KB, 125x119) Image search: [Google]
1445039510264s.jpg
3 KB, 125x119
>>56758215
15th
>on account of race, color, or previous condition of servitude
19th
>on account of sex
26th
>on account of age

>>56758216
>on account of age

Again, which one explicitly guarantees the right to vote?
>>
>>56754041
Libs think it's a form of poll tax. We all know that's complete bullshit since there's no way that you can function in society without having proper identification.
>>
File: image_41.jpg (37 KB, 780x570) Image search: [Google]
image_41.jpg
37 KB, 780x570
>>56758381
Fuck off commie
>>
>>56758216
do libtards just pretend section 2 isn't there or something?
>>
>>56754041
If you're too lazy to get your ID then you don't deserve to vote.
>>
>>56754409
You have no idea what you're talking about. In my state, you need only walk into a polling location and sign a name (it could be any name, they'll never check) on a piece of paper, and then you're free to vote. Literally anybody can vote this way. Nobody asks for ID, you can sign whatever generic name you want "John Smith" and there's no way for them to know you're not registered.

Democrats want to keep this inherently broken system in place because it benefits them. They do nothing out of the kindness of their hearts or for the good of the Republic. Every single thing they advocate benefits them materially in one form or another. In this case, voter fraud benefits them, because Democrats can't win elections otherwise.
>>
>>56754041

Because Democrats would lose the votes of illegal Mexicans and niggers too old or too lazy to have any ID. That's why they oppose it.
>>
>>56755759
>There is literally no excuse for this. Unless, you know, you don't want accountability in votes.
Tons of older people don't have photo ids.

also,
>national identification cards

but keep on jerking off with everybody else here
>>
File: 1418265714363.png (291 KB, 619x406) Image search: [Google]
1418265714363.png
291 KB, 619x406
>>56758507
So you admit defeat. The right to bear arms "shall not be infringed".

However, the (implied) right to vote, does allow for restrictions. Just not restrictions based on race, color, previous condition of servitude, sex or age.
>>
>>56758248
>there's literally no harm

There is if you are a Marxist and are worried that illegal Mexicans and niggers too old or too lazy to have ID might not get to vote for the Democrat.
>>
It's 2015, everyone has ID, so it shouldnt be hard to show your ID when you vote, I mean, you need to drive to the voter box anyways
>>
>>56754041
>That's un-American
Literal appeal to patriotism.

I never hear of complaints about requiring ID to vote in Canada.

The only reason dems don't want it is because they know there would be accountability in voting. All the "patriotic" freedom shit is a hill of beans.
>>
>>56758674
I actually agree with you now that I read the argument, but they would count any kind of restriction as racist/sexist nowadays.
>>
Requiring IDs to vote only makes it harder for illegal immigrants to vote

That being said, if it actually did make it harder for the youngest and oldest voters, and women and people of color to vote, that would be a good thing and something I support. Sadly, that's not how it works.
>>
There was the big deal over this shit but in maryland, in order to vote, you have show ID the first time you go to vote.

Everyone is upset about this stuff but Maryland does it anyway.
>>
>>56758674
You do need to show photo ID in order to buy a firearm, Sweden.
>>
File: image.png (67 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
image.png
67 KB, 500x500
It's too hard to go down to the DMV to take part in the most fundamental part of a democracy.
>>
>>56754041
In America it's widely believed (and not for no reason) that niggers and millennials won't bother voting if it mildly inconveniences them.

The right knows this and tries to push for voter ID so that they can win more elections. The left knows its constituents are all retarded and lazy so they try to prevent it.

Voter fraud by individuals is incredibly rare in the U.S., less than 0.1% of all votes, and most estimates are an order of magnitude lower. Voter ID is unnecessary in a civilized nation and just wastes money. It's a worthless topic for people to fight over.
>>
>>56759313
This and some shit that the poorest won't have a voice because no id.
>>
>>56759003
>upset

What the fuck is there to be upset about? You need ID if a cop stops you, you need ID to buy alcohol, you need to sit an exam. Why would people be opposed to ID's when determining who runs your country?
>>
>>56759436

It may be wildly different in other states but in Texas it costs 16 dollars to get one.
>>
>>56759313

You mean DETECTED voter fraud accounts for 0.1%. You honestly believe that illegals don't vote?
>>
>>56758873
I'm for voter ID because it's resonable to check if someone's a citizen or not in that case. The politicians are supposed to represent the citizenry, after all. But US votes are all done and run through a jew box, anyway, so I would actually question the justification of it in the end, not based on rights to vote, but rather on the grounds that the system is so corrupt anyway that it doesn't even matter anymore.

>>56759004
Yeah, but that's only because your system has been corrupted over the years. It's still legal to sell a gun to a guy in a parking lot, no names exchanged, isn't it (I really don't know/not up to date)?

>>56759313
>niggers
How do you get gibsmedat without ID? How do you buy 40 oz? How do you drive a car with spinners while on welfare? I don't get these people.

Voter fraud by individuals is incredibly rare in the US
>by individuals
Wording. Yeah, because organised voter fraud isn't bad.

Enjoy: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P5p70YbRiPw
>>
Voter ID matters because it can change elections

Obamacare wouldnt have been passed if the felons in Wisconsin didnt vote
>>
>>56759642
>gibsmedat without ID

I've been wondering the same thing. I'm assuming you don't need one considering you don't even need one to register for school.
>>
>>56755577
dude, the first mother fucker who goes in there and someones already voted in his name.
>>
>>56759600

They really don't. Illegals stay the fuck away from public institutions of any kind.
>>
>>56759993
What do they do then? Show their ID?

Oh wait.
>>
>>56756128
>You have to show I.D just to walk down your own street if a cop feels like making you show it to them
>You have to show I.D just to walk down your own street if a cop feels like making you show it to them

umm, no
>>
>>56760175

Not in sanctuary cities
>>
>>56754041
Liberals want 20 million illegals to vote for their gibsmedat policies.
>>
>>56760175
Except California's DMV that offers them a driving license.
>>
>>56759726

>felons in wisconsin

don't you mean spics in california?
>>
>>56757309
you know nothing of America fag. theres one vote or another almost every year and a half
>>
>>56760327
Nope
>>
>>56754041
Do people not carry ID around?
>>
Seriously who the fuck does not have a photo ID?

There are so many things you need one for, I don't see how you could function in society without one unless you are part of the 'informal economy' AKA drug dealer, petty criminal, illegal migrant getting paid cash under the table
>>
>>56760202
fuck ya. if i walked in and they said i was already there we'd settle that shit. see i could just walk in and say im someone else and vote for them but i couldn't just register to vote as a non citizen. it would be called out immediately
>>
Felon here, voting for Trump if he wins the nomination.

>walk into polling station
>give them fake name and address
>vote as usual

Easy as that.
>>
>>56759642
>But US votes are all done and run through a jew box, anyway,
is this literal? There's a million different types of voting machines in the US.

>It's still legal to sell a gun to a guy in a parking lot, no names exchanged
It depends, but for your purposes, no.

>What do they do then? Show their ID?
They figure out who committed fraud and arrest them. You notice how in that video you linked he says "if you are who you say you are" or whatever? That's because if he said he was Eric Holder and voted, he'd be committing a crime and could end up in prison. That's also why the guy scampers out of there like a retard pretending he forgot his ID even though he's told multiple times he didn't need it.

>>56760233
seriously
>thread full of people under 18
>thread full of foreigners
National ID cards are one of the least likely things to happen in the US. Americans are almost universally opposed to the idea.

>>56760508
Plenty of people don't, and most people are generally opposed to the idea of having to be identified for anything. Driving is the #1 reason why anyone in America would ever carry ID. Buying alcohol might be #2, but that only applies to people who look like they're 18.

>>56760677
>Seriously who the fuck does not have a photo ID?
Tons of older people don't, and don't really need it for anything. Your identity in America matters very little as long as you pay the bills on time.
>>
>>56761263
Lots of people don't vote. All of those votes count. Dead people have voted in the past, even.

How are they going to catch you if fraud IS found out (>implying Tyrone is going to get his ID just to vote for some poo-lee-tee-shun), do you think they have time to find you in the footage of low-quality surveillance cameras, months after the fact?

>Oh shit, there he is, it's that guy with the black baseball cap, guy number #55225 to walk into this place
>I remember him out of all of them
>Which name he signed as well, yep, yep, that was it, I've got you now, fraudster!
Repeat thousands of times. Enjoy.
>>
>>56759642

>It's still legal to sell a gun to a guy in a parking lot, no names exchanged, isn't it

Depends on the state whether you need to document a private sale.

But in terms of "no names asked"? If you sell a gun to someone who legally can't buy one at a store, that's called a straw purchase, and you will go to fucking jail.
>>
>>56755759
I don't understand this. In Israel we have 2 IDs minimum that we have to carry with us.
One is an actual ID
Second is a JEW ID, that states how pure of a Jew you are. Arabs instead have to carry heir arrest sheet.
>>
>>56754721
its hard to vote in my country. need a passport and a license for carrying said passport, a license for voting and a license license for each license.
>>
>>56758656
>Tons of older people don't have photo ids.
they have passports. if they don't they should take an hour of their life to get a new one.
>>
>>56761687
>how do you catch criminals
The same way you ever do.

Election systems based on millions of votes largely do not matter on any individual vote. You're talking about 1 out of 20 million. A single instance of vote fraud matters as much as a single ballot being lost, miscounted, or whatever. It just doesn't matter that much.

Anyone who perpetrates voter fraud on a large scale is making it easy to be caught. You can walk in and vote for someone else, and risk going to prison, but if you try to cast ten or a hundred or a thousand votes then you will sure as shit be easy to catch. All while doing something that has a negligible chance of affecting an election.

You should take a look at what happened in Florida in the 2000 presidential election, because it was basically begging for vote fraud and is the closest important election the US has ever seen. Vote fraud has almost zero impact on American federal elections, and probably zero impact on state elections.

>>56761997
that makes perfect sense in Norway, but it doesn't in America. Older people are probably even less likely to have passports.

>“More Americans have passports now than ever before,” says Ken Chavez, spokesperson for the Bureau of Consular Affairs at the US State Department. Over one-third of the population to be exact, or nearly 110 million out of 313 million Americans. That’s more than double the number of US passports in circulation in 2000 (48 million) and around 15 times 1989’s 7 million.
http://www.forbes.com/sites/andrewbender/2012/01/30/record-number-of-americans-now-hold-passports/

Americans hate ids, and they especially hate the idea of national ids. You'd probably be amazed if you saw how it worked. Your credit history, which is data gathered by private companies, is often more important than who the government thinks you are.
>>
>>56761997
and 3 to 6 months. and a 30 dollar photo. and the 300 dollars for the passport itself
>>
>>56761837
Israel is surrounded by terrorists and america isn't.
>>
>>56761997
most people in america don't have passports, you don't need them to go to canada or mexico and traveling further than that is usually very expensive so most people never do.
>>
>>56759313
http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/york-when-1099-felons-vote-in-race-won-by-312-ballots/article/2504163

At least one senator seat demonstrably proven to have been stolen by illegal voting.
>>
>>56754041
Its a massive fraud being committed by the entire left, they know that having this requirement is reasonable and wouldn't stop citizens from voting. They just want to make it as easy as possible for illegals to vote, because they always vote D.
>>
>>56762720
about 1/3 of people vote and because of swing states only 18% of population's vote matters at all so it's not that hard to influence a voting pool of ~23 million in just a few states.
if you don't think illegals vote you crazy. why wouldn't they vote at the public school they bring their kids to and are known at?
>>
>>56754381
reusing this
>>
>>56754041
>Requiring people to show identification makes it harder for
>people of color
>women
>younger voters
>seniors
>to vote

Okay, the "people of color" argument, fine, whatever. I'm going to give you that out of charity because nogs are lazy as fuck and don't want to do shit.

HOW THE FUCK DOES IT STOP WOMEN FROM VOTING? Do women not drive? Do women not travel and thus not have a passport?

Younger voters? Well thats the thing - we don't want younger voters voting. Part of the ID laws are to make sure only people of voting age are voting - and if you don't have your drivers license by the age of 18 you are not really important and have your priorities fucked up - this applies to every generation.

If a Senior has no identification after working their entire life and is now in retirement - they are illegals. They can not vote. It is literally impossible to spend half a century in America and at no point ever get some form of ID.

Every country in the world requires people to show ID to vote.
>>
>>56763235
and niggers. they don't even have a library card to show for.
>>
How do you know that there's that little voter fraud? What can you even check if they're not allowed to ask for ID?
>>
>>56755868
>Oh I'm sure it happened, but that doesn't make it an issue.

It happens more than you think. Hell, there was a fucking joke in married with children about it.

It went like al: oh yea my aunt, she's real active in politics...in fact, the only one more active in politics is her husband - bud: ain't he dead al: yes
>>
File: 47584563454354.png (40 KB, 1232x625) Image search: [Google]
47584563454354.png
40 KB, 1232x625
>>
>>56754041
>I don't understand, why would people be against ID's to vote in America?

Because its too expensive for a voter to get an identification card!!!

It costs $4.00 to get one in my state. OUTRAGEOUS!
>>
>>56762785
>30 dollar photo
Use a photobooth, you faggot.

>300 dollaridoos for the passport itself
Jesus christ, america. Passports (including photos) are free here.

A passport is overkill, anyway. All you'd need is to get an ID with a cheap photo. You could put a nigger to work taking these photos, because all you'd need to do is line up against a pre-set camera, and push a button.

>>56762874
>Israel is surrounded by terrorists and america isn't.
Indeed. The enemies of the US have already infiltrated the country at the highest levels. You're being fucked, but your asshole is so gaped that you don't even notice anymore.
>>
>>56763479
>nearly 1 in 2
>aka less than 50%
>the majority of americans rate it as having a negative effect
what the fuck am i reading
is this a troll?
>>
>>56763580
no their target audience is just that stupid
>>
File: laugh.gif (2 MB, 286x258) Image search: [Google]
laugh.gif
2 MB, 286x258
>>56763479
>this how complex of a worldview and thoroughness of research leftists have
>>
>>56763479
Obongocare is retarded because it just forces everyone to buy private insurance. True universial healthcare wouldn't force people to buy something for themselves. Nothing else does this, but I do have to say, it's a really smart way to give your friends in the insurance business some of that well-needed money. Since it's private, guess who picks up the tab, by the way?
>>
>>56762720
You act like state ID isn't basically national ID already. Cops will see warrants from other states if they run your driver's license, shit's connected now.
>>
>>56763494
how much time and money would be spent on public transport picking up your birth certificate then your state id? "15 dollars and a whole day off from work?
>>
>>56763314
everything that makes an illegal vote matter more makes it easier to spot and catch people committing vote fraud

if swing state votes in presidential elections matter more, then people in those states are more likely to vote, and their votes are more scrutinized.

Photo ID laws as a means to stop illegal immigrants from voting doesn't make any sense, because driver's licenses are the most common form of photo ID that is acceptable anywhere and it's one of the first things illegal immigrants are able to or should be able to get. Focusing on culling illegal immigrants from voter registries and preventing them from registering in the first place is not only better at fixing that problem, but it causes less problems for legitimate voters.
>>
>>56763580
Obamacare was great for me.

My ER deductible was $50
Under Obamacare plan it was $500

My monthly premium was $376
Under Obamacare plan it was $499

Even though it was the exact same company (Blue Cross Blue Shield), they literally treat you completely differently because obamacare policy holders are "ghetto insurance".
>>
One big aspect everybody missed, ID is only half of the equation. The other half is mandatory voting.

The Marxists want both mandated voting and voting without identification. If voting is mandatory and ID is not required, then technically even if you don't have ID you're still required to vote and anyone who attempts to impede you is forcing you to commit a crime.

Why would the Marxists want this? Because it makes it that much easier to rig an election, and put the "proper" person in power.
>>
>>56763479
>healthcare is a basic human right
>I have a right to your services, Doctor, so you must provide them or you are robbing me of my human rights. Payment? Go see the government, they'll pay you (in an amount it chooses) from money seized at gunpoint from you and others like you.
>>
File: 29049329572.png (50 KB, 1304x641) Image search: [Google]
29049329572.png
50 KB, 1304x641
>>
>>56754041
I have no idea how anyone manages to go more than a couple years without an ID, unless they're a shut in.

I see nothing wrong with requiring an ID to vote because voting is a right that's supposed to be reserved for citizens. Given that the only way to know who and who is not a citizen is to identify them, it seems logical.

There's no point to citizenship if non-citizens can do everything a citizen can.
>>
>>56763689
>True universal healthcare wouldn't force people to buy something for themselves.
socialized healthcare doesn't have a snowballs change in hell of passing in america so the lefties went with heavy regulations on health insurance industry to basically kill it. soon all health insurance companies will be bankrupt and they will use this to push for nationalized health insurance. this was the plan all along IMO.
>Since it's private, guess who picks up the tab, by the way?
insurance premiums and deductibles have exploded. american health insurance is 26 times more expensive than germany as on 2015 and its going up by 20-25% in 2016. also some health insurance companies are seeing losses of 500 million on the exchange for 2015
>>
>>56763705
yeah but it means your state relying on some fuckwad state having their shit together. That's good for things like flagging people as felons or wanted or whatever, but not good for proving an identity or proving that someone is not wanted.

It's also stupid easy to have licenses from multiple states.

The problem is that most people don't want a national ID, but they want some of the perks of national ID. I mean do you really want a fucking federal id card? That will start being demanded all over the place?
>>
>>56763479
>nearly one in two americans
meaning less than half of the population
>access to healthcare is a basic human right
you have access, you just have to pay for it yourself.
>by making healthcare coverage mandatory
you fuck over a lot of people economically.
>>
>>56754041
Please post sauce website. I need to do my homework for when my ultra liberal and her dirty greek husband come home to Texas from NYC for Christmas. She got BTFO by my dad last year over BML and was in tears and locked herself in the bathroom for 45 minutes because of it.
>>
>>56763741
getting a drivers licence is only easy for illegals in some states. in my state you have to have a birth certificate and SSN.
>>
Democrats call voter ID requirements racist, sexist, classist, etc, but the only reason to oppose voter ID requirements is to facilitate voter fraud. There's literally no other reason, and the charges of racism and sexism are a red herring.
>>
>>56764092
*ultra liberal sister. Im drunk as fuck right now.
>>
>>56763987
saw a video about this. the whole system makes universal healthcare impossible.
a better idea would be to whip the insurance companies in line.
>>
File: 1447213868908.jpg (33 KB, 244x388) Image search: [Google]
1447213868908.jpg
33 KB, 244x388
>>56763871
They completely misrepresented the right wing argument. The problem is that legal immigrants will take from the welfare system, not illegal.
>>
>>56754041
Cuz dem programs
>>
>>56763871
>the largest group of welfare recipients are native-born citizens
Well yeah, because how the fuck can you get gibsmedat if you don't have papers that say "US of A" on them?

>undocumented immigrants
>undocumented
Nip that shit in the bud, America. That doublespeak is only going to keep multiplying.

>>56763987
>losses of 500 million
Won't the just increase their prices collectively, and force people to take more extreme measures to afford healthcare?

Your assessment makes sense, however, won't this take the whole system down as more and more hospitals get hit with people being unable to pay, or even go in the first place?

>>56764092
>dirty greek husband
I'm so sorry, Anon.

>>56764100
Getting a drivers license doesn't mean you can vote, though?

>>56764248
>whip the insurance companies in line
The whole insurance company/hospital charging for care is a downwards spiral.
>>
>>56763871
>the largest group of welfare recipients are native-born citizens

well I would certainly hope so
>>
>>56764003
State ID cards are already standardized/in the process of because of the REAL ID Act of 2005. Once standardization is complete there isn't a point to have federal IDs because state IDs will serve that purpose.
>>
>>56755943
American constitution says there can be no test implemented to vote, but free IDs would easily remove that.
Honestly the whole campaign against it was
>it doesn't happen much
>its racist sexist homophobic and poors can't have it
>implying voter IDs are their own thing and not just carding people for IDs
>>
>>56764257
these slides are intended to teach liberals how to argue with conservatives about hop-button topics.
>>
>>56764003
>The problem is that most people don't want a national ID

You have one, its called your social security number.
>>
>>56764451
You literally cant do anything in America without some form of ID. Voting shiuld be the same.
>>
>>56764100
yeah that's the point, it's a disorganized system. It's not national, but states are basically forced to accept out-of-state licenses. Driver's licenses are simply not good identification and trying to design systems based on it as identification are bound to have giant failures. I know people who have moved states and kept their old license, even though they're supposed to get new ones. I know people who have moved states and gotten new ones, but still had their old ones.

Requiring a license as proof of being an eligible voter might actually make it easier to commit some kinds of vote fraud if people come to trust a license as valid id. It also causes problems in situations like out of state students or other people with multiple residences. It also creates a stronger market for id fraud (like making fake licenses) if driver's licenses are considered to be a "strong" id.

>>56764169
>the only reason to oppose voter ID requirements is to facilitate voter fraud
There are plenty of reasons to oppose voter ID requirements, namely that our systems of identification are bad and everyone opposes making a solid one.
>>
>>56764346
>Getting a drivers license doesn't mean you can vote, though?
you can vote without an ID, you can vote no matter what. if you wanted to you could spend all day going to different polling stations and voting multiple times. people just trust you not to.
>Won't the just increase their prices collectively, and force people to take more extreme measures to afford healthcare?
yes, that is what's happening. but ACA (obama care) sets price caps which is why insurance companies are getting killed on the exchange and leaving one by one. as rates get higher more people are forced to go without and there is less healthy people to subsidize the sick with high rates and it keeps on getting worse.
I think in less than 2 years people will demand it's repeal. if a democrat is in power it will probably just be amended and the suffering will continue.

>how the fuck can you get gibsmedat if you don't have papers that say "US of A" on them?
by using public schools and countless other tax payer funded things for FREE
>>
>>56754041
This is great, they dont raise any of the actual opposing points so theyll just be btfo while going in confident
>>
File: family_values.png (36 KB, 1176x586) Image search: [Google]
family_values.png
36 KB, 1176x586
>>
>>56764573
lots of people dont have the original SS# card. it takes time,money, and more of both of thoughs if you dont have your birth certificate
>>
>>56764835
Yeah I was just thinking about this. Thanksgiving already happened here but all you Americanons should bait people on kikebook into getting into these arguments with you, they'll be so unprepared you might red-pill them
>>
>>56764573
your SSN is explicitly not supposed to be used for identification, and there are massive problems with it because it's been used for identification. There are also massive amounts of people with bogus SSNs. SSNs weren't even required until around 1990, you only had to get one once you were employed and had to pay the tax.

>>56764629
>You literally cant do anything in America without some form of ID
>literally cannot do anything
when was the last time you used your identification?
>>
If you're too lazy to get a fucking ID why should you even be allowed to vote?
>>
>>56754041

How do all these people who don't even have a government-issued ID get by? Assuming that they life on welfare and entitlements, how are they getting these benefits without proper identification to prove who they say they are?
>>
File: 20141121_decree.jpg (50 KB, 557x363) Image search: [Google]
20141121_decree.jpg
50 KB, 557x363
>>56754041
Makes voter fraud harder.
When you got 15 million people you're trying to get dependent on government so they then vote democrat for fear of the their loss of free Gov money, ID's are a problem.
>>
>>56765331
In any case, Trump will lose the illegal alien vote if he keeps pushing the hard line about immigration.
>>
>>56754041
Women don't carry ID?
Is ID sexist?
>>
>>56754041
No one is against voter ID laws. The Democrats are the ones who made this an "issue" because they know that the majority of fraudulent votes committed benefit the Democrat party.
>>
Because it disproportionately stops those who would vote democrat.
>>
File: 1440631747664.jpg (65 KB, 600x660) Image search: [Google]
1440631747664.jpg
65 KB, 600x660
>>56754041
Why should you be allowed to use the force of government to affect my life if you aren't even responsible enough to have identification? How does anyone get anything done without identification?
>>
>>56754041
>ID's would make it harder for the young, women, or people of color

Wouldn't this stop profiling if they just showed a US ID? Then no one could stop them. Without ID's they could say "You look too young" or "You look Canadian" and kick people out. SJW's are getting to stupid guys
>>
>>56759313
>Voter ID is unnecessary in a civilized nation

> America
> Civilized Nation
> America

Maybe when you get your niggers under control you can come sit with the big boys.
>>
File: 1435078967168.png (67 KB, 230x230) Image search: [Google]
1435078967168.png
67 KB, 230x230
>>56765757
>You look Canadian
>>
>>56764943
>We love family values too!
>That's why we fight for the ability to choose to kill our children with no consequences :D
>>
File: 1447940440465.jpg (74 KB, 463x702) Image search: [Google]
1447940440465.jpg
74 KB, 463x702
>>56763479
People wouldn't give a shit about this if Obama's name wasn't on it. It's actually a good thing as it allows people to stay on their parent's health insurance til they're 26. Which is great given the shitty economy. "But muh private businesses shouldn't be forced to pay!" First off, those fuckers will ALWAYS find a way around it by cutting hours here or there. Second, rarely ever do business owners give an actual damn about their employees, so making them offer a semblance of protection to their workers is pretty good.
>>
>>56754041
because if you need an ID, then the illegals cant vote democrat. There are 11 million illegals in this country. That is 11 million less democrat votes out of a maximum of around 300 million. if the vote was split 150m to 150m, that would be almost 10% of democrat voter base
>>
Voting isn't a right. It is a privilege of being a citizen of a country you dumbfuck.

Just look what happened to your own country.
>>
>>56754041
More barriers to fraudulent voting means less votes for these people.

>>56754246
Two completely unrelated topics.
>>
File: 1445789564150.png (980 KB, 1280x636) Image search: [Google]
1445789564150.png
980 KB, 1280x636
>>56766116
I think you're simplifying it a bit too much. Even as a pro lifer I can somewhat understand the need for legal abortions to be an option. Women will find a way to abort regardless and will often do so in fucked up ways. Like using a coat hanger or (the example I know first hand) drink so much in hopes they miscarriage (although the baby just ended up being born with FAS). Also one less baby being born into a ghetto family is one less criminal I have to deal with later on. Do I still hate abortions? You bet. Should there still be legal ways of doing it. I certainly think so.
>>
>>56766210
but youre wrong.
>>
File: 1444856556203.jpg (60 KB, 630x443) Image search: [Google]
1444856556203.jpg
60 KB, 630x443
>the biggest worldpower has no voter-ID
>in a time where I can order, pay and track my fucking Pizza online

Why? How?

Here everyone gets a letter before a vote, you bring that together with a ID to your local voting booth, and they have a list with all loval voters names there, they beeing a commision made up by a representive of all parties to avoid fraud + a neutral party
>>
>>56766575
You're correct, and I share your views, but I was much more taken aback at how coolly the person replied. She or he basically just flat out lied saying that abortions promote family values.
>>
>>56766173
get a job you fucking leech your parents are tired of paying for you
>>
>>56766173
demonizing business owners is a mistake. they don't screw employees out of malice they have to remain competitive or they can't exist.
>>
>>56754041

HAHAHAHAHA because getting ID is soooo fucking hard.

I don't know why liberals in America even care, these people can't be bothered to get ID so they sure as hell aren't going to actually turn up and vote anyway.
>>
>Try to buy the brewed jew without ID
no
>Electing the ruler of the free(kek) world
sure no prob
>>
>>56766210
obama won by 5 million votes last time.

he probably would have lost if there were voter id laws in effect
>>
>>56766811
I have a job, but newsflash health insurance isn't cheap for a guy like me with pre existing conditions you NEET.
>>56766865
>Don't screw employees out a malice
I hardly doubt the two times I got injured on the job, they didn't want to give me worker comp to "stay competitive". Out of the 4 jobs I've worked only one didn't treat me like shit and skimp on safety.
>>
>>56766770
Americans are either corrupt/cynical or ideological to the point of stupidity.
voter laws are always made with the intent of giving one party the advantage and most people don't think anyone would be evil enough to vote twice or vote if they are not eligible.
>>
>>56764943
I love family values! Like killing babies!
>>
>>56754041
If you're too lazy to get a fucking form of ID you should be considered too lazy to get a fucking vote
>>
>>56767147
businesses can be bankrupt by worksmans comp claims.
worker insurance is just another regulation that makes YOU pay more by having a shittier employer because he can't afford all the bullshit.

if you are treated like shit then find a new job. beauty of the free market.
>>
>>56767236

yeah but what is preventing anyone from voting, like 40 times a day, possible in different states and timezones?

Also holy fuck, how hard is it to get a fucking ID? How can you trust anyone who is to lazy to go to any fucking office once in their life to get a ID to make a reasonable vote?
>>
>>56767713
>yeah but what is preventing anyone from voting, like 40 times a day, possible in different states and timezones?
nothing is preventing it and voting lasts all day.

>Also holy fuck, how hard is it to get a fucking ID?
its free here. drivers licence is only 8 bucks. it differs from state to state but its easy.

>How can you trust anyone who is to lazy to go to any fucking office once in their life to get a ID to make a reasonable vote?
it would discourage a lot of people, the poor who can't get a day off and take the bus (so no drivers licence) and the criminals and illegals, almost all of whom vote democrat which is why republicans want voter ID laws and democrats don't.
there are other voter laws too like district gerrymandering.
>>
>>56762720
One person may not vote ten or even 100 times, but if 10,000 people vote twice?

Its like 50 people putting in 50 cents for a pizza or 2 people paying 25 dollars each.
>>
>>56768578
12.50 each, it's late
>>
>>56754381
Fucking ace.
>>
File: goddamnit comrade.png (798 KB, 558x884) Image search: [Google]
goddamnit comrade.png
798 KB, 558x884
>>56763871
>>56763479
>>56754041
Fuck I just noticed the smiley and frowny faces, like this shit is a goddamn coloring book for liberal retards
>remember kiddies, questioning your government is baaddd
I want off this ride
>>
>>56761189
What is to stop me from voting trump if I am in America during elections?
>>
I remember when I was 19 and it was the first time I was allowed to vote. I brought my social security card, driver's licences and my birth certificate. I didn't know exactly what I needed but I assumed I needed to prove who I am. I need my drivers licence with me to rent a dvd.
>>
I would be for being an ID to vote if every American could obtain their own ID for free. Otherwise I would consider it a poll tax.
And if you think that is dumb because you need an ID to get a job, then you should agree with my first statement. How can you pay for something if you don't have a job?
>>
>>56764248
Link
>>
>>56771827
Needing an ID*
Fucking mobile.
>>
File: image.jpg (24 KB, 300x240) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
24 KB, 300x240
IDs didn't prevent a black man from mugging an old white morman man
Thread replies: 167
Thread images: 19

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.