[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>The universe exploded out of nothing >Then pic related
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 37
File: ear_anatomy_4.jpg (43 KB, 437x265) Image search: [Google]
ear_anatomy_4.jpg
43 KB, 437x265
>The universe exploded out of nothing
>Then pic related was created from nothing for no reason
So Atheists truly believe this?
>>
>>56753517

*yawn*

Hidden
>>
>>56753517
nice b8 m8
>>
Our eyes evolved from crystals. Isn't that weird?
>>
>>56753517
I believe in God, but the whole ear thing was by chance. Certain animals can see in infrared and humans cannot. Likewise humans have certain senses and biological traits that other animals don't have and vice versa.
>>
>>56753517
It was created from a more primitive version of itself. So that the animal can hear it's environment and have a better chance of survival.

The universe didn't explode OUT of nothing, because time didn't exist before the big bang.
>>
>>56753517
looks pretty simple to me. I don't know if your stupid or something, but I could make that easily in a few hours
also the universe didn't explode out of nothing silly
>>
>>56753750
For what reason did hearing evolve? A non sentient microbe decides it needs hearing (how would it even contemplate this?) Fuck off.
>>
>>56753872

> american education
>>
>>56753872
Random mutation.

Evolution doesn't occur because you want it to. Its a reaction to the environment.
>>
>>56753872
Microbes have no senses at all besides a primitive form of touch.
>>
>>56753872
>an American doesn't understand how evolution works

:^) what a surprise
>>
>>56753872

Just because you don't understand evolution doesn't mean it doesn't exist. It's like saying, "why do some molecules have chirality? MOLECULES WITH NO BRAINS?? Fuck off"
>>
Atheists are a bunch of degenerate shitwads who need to put their Goddamned ego aside for a minute and realize they may not know everything. FFS
>>
>>56754003
Then it's not random you idiot.
>>
>>56753872
random mutation. probably started out as something small. like a microbe being more susceptible to vibrations and then it mutated from there.
>>
>>56753907
>>56754003
>>56754009
>>56754023
>>56754028
>No one has been able to answer the question. Only ad hom and strawman
>It wuz randumb
>>
File: kvyTqeJzTpyWmJeuCXKF.gif (4 MB, 380x253) Image search: [Google]
kvyTqeJzTpyWmJeuCXKF.gif
4 MB, 380x253
>>56753872
>animals evolve because they just decide to
>>
>>56753661
what do you mean
>>
>>56754023
Evolution is just a theory and has never been observed, we don't have any evidence of transitional species. Just chimps then all the sudden humans. Monkeys don't shit out humans all of the sudden. Just like how humans don't randomly shit out horses.
>>
>>56754298
This. If it is because of the environment, then we should be able to control what mutations humans and animals have by providing and controlling what stimuli cause them.
>>
>>56753517

Where exactly in this picture do you go from complex organism to full blown omniscient sky wizard?

I don't see the connection.

Can you please embarrass yourself with some crazy sand people interpretation for us?

I need a good laugh right now.
>>
>yfw atheists actually think that this is their grandpa
>>
>>56754389
Kek
>>
>>56753517
>So Atheists truly believe this?
What did he mean by this?
>>
File: 1437425932432.gif (2 MB, 371x331) Image search: [Google]
1437425932432.gif
2 MB, 371x331
>>56754466
>WHAT ARE DOMESTIC ANIMALS??
>>
>>56754389
Thats because none of these retards understand anything. They just parrot what someone else said. Who knows how shit happened?
>>
>>56754298

But we have not and still do not control the environment. I found it funny that you called him an idiot for destroying your argument.

Christians, right? So fucking full of shit. You're literally no different than ISIS.

Does reality offend you, dumb nigger? Does the urge to kill rise inside of you every time you learn how evolution works?
>>
>>56753872
No reason. Evolution doesn't happen for a "reason."
>>
>>56754614
That fucking face
>>
>>56754457
>Just chimps then all the sudden humans.
But we do. Neanderthals, homo erectus, homo habalis, australopithecus afarensis etc.
>>
>>56754466
We do.

AntibacteriaI soap is creating more resistant bacteria that may cause large amounts of deaths in the future.

We force evolution all the time.
>>
>>56754521
Because of the mathematical improbability of just a 200 molecular part organism evolving. Even granted a 50/50 chance of a mutation being beneficial. Which evolutionists admit are extremely rare, and even that true mutations hardly ever happen.
>>
How does an event happen out of nothing, faggot?
>>
>>56754714
He didn't destroy my argument because I didn't present one. It was my first comment. You idiot.
>>
>>56754763

That dumbfuck is talking about quick, short term gigantic leaps of evolution. They cannot think long term. Their entire made up universe is only 5 thousand years old.
>>
>>56754725
Actually it does. It happens for species to be able to survive in their environment. Usually you faggots use the argument of the moth changing its color to hide from predators.

According to evolutionists it does happen for a reason. It's to survive.
>>
>>56754790
A man with a beard had to be there to fart the universe into existence duh
>>
File: 1388694925061.jpg (54 KB, 706x600) Image search: [Google]
1388694925061.jpg
54 KB, 706x600
>>56754856
>you idiot

Aww, did I hurt your feelings?
>>
>>56754763
But microevolution is different from macroevolution and that's not even argued by evolutionists. Single cell changes happen all the time in microorganisms. But having massive multi-cell mutations that affect the outcome of DNA in future generations is huge. If they are caused by the environment, then they are not random because they are brought on by natural stimuli.
>>
>>56753517
>muh strawman
saged
>>
>>56754749
That's not transitional. People say evolution happens over a great amount of time due to a long string of small changes.

Not a species suddenly transforming into a whole new species.
>>
>>56754964
No, it doesn't. Species being able to survive is a byproduct of the process, but it isn't guided by reason.

"Evolutionists" aren't a thing and you clearly don't know anything about evolution in the first place.
>>
>>56753517
dumbass, God did it. Atheists just think that God was created out of nothing for no reason.

there might have been another god that created god, but that other god was created out of nothing for no reason.
>>
>>56754985
You're an idiot.
>>
>>56754790
How did god came to be out of nothing, faggot?
>>
>>56753517
The big bang wasnt an explosion, we have no idea wtf it was we assume it was an explosion since the universe is expanding but we have no idea what to call it since explosions are only possible under macro physics and there was not even quantum physics before the big bang so......
>>
>>56754614
terrifying, in the case of this gif
>>
>>56755195
inb4 god is eternal
>>
Yeah there are a lot of theories that get lumped into the same evolution pile.

Big bang though... these guys will bitch and argue over if the universe is expanding, shrinking, expanding then shrinking, or is in a constant state along with a bunch of other garbage that's completely counterintuitive to the entire theory.
>>
>>56754655
>Who knows how shit happened?

No one. Neither atheists nor theists know. But both are convinced they do because they either have faith in some writings made a long time ago by some people who allegedly had contact with a higher being or they have faith in some more recent writings made by scientists.
>>
>>56755053
Yes. But over time, certain traits are going to appear in different, often isolated, groups of the same species that are going to set them apart from the others. (For example, in humans, skin color and facial features.)
If these differences are exaggerated to the point that the two groups will no longer interbreed either due to mechanical reasons or behavioral, we can classify them as 2 separate species evolved from a common ancestor.
>>
>>56755058
I'd rather say evolutionists rather than type out, "people who believe in evolution" over and over.

The mutations are considered random you dumb bitch, not the cause of the mutations. Just like how they say beneficial mutations are retained in DNA structure BECAUSE of the principle of survival of the fittest.
>>
>>56754457
>Just chimps then all of the sudden humans
>Hundreds of millions of years of various species evolving and going extinct that lead to the various human subspecies we have now is just "all of a sudden"
>>
>>56755195
There needs to be an eternal first being otherwise the gift of existence can't be passed on down the line.

It's like asking to borrow a book from someone who needs to borrow it from someone ad infinitum, you'll never get the book because no one actually has it.
>>
>>56755031
Mutation is not caused by environmental stimuli.

The success of the mutation is.
>>
>>56753593
>censors views contrary to his own
That's real rational of you
>>
Reminder evolution is only a theory and is not a fact
>>
>>56755299
What is the cause of the mutations?

Do you really think a moth is sitting around going "Shit i need to mutate my DNA to make my wings darker so I can survive in this environment easier"?

Holy shit you are way more fucking retarded than most. It's one thing to not understand evolution but to be this fucking clueless and still THINK you know what you're talking about is mindblowing.
>>
>>56755294
Skin color is due to the environment. It's not a random change, it's a product of exposure to their environment.
>>
>>56753872
Wtf you cannot be white if you have this level of IQ

>wow! 2015 new cars look totally different from cars in 1950!!!!!! Alien!!! God does it!!!
Yeah no shit. We discovered aerodynamic effeciency therefore we created new car body type.

Yet human's DNA is more complex than car design. Through thousands of years, it cannot evolve to adapt?
What the fuckihg shit is that?

We bettered car design so does it make us better than God? Because we fucking do the job that "God" should do! Evolving!
>>
>>56755472
>What is the cause of the mutations?
Heterogeneity
>>
>>56755442
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scientific_theory
>>
>>56755472
According to you there is no cause.

The cause is adaptation to the environment to survive.

Again the principal of the survival of the fittest.

Notice how you are the only one telling me I'm wrong?

It's because you are fucking clueless.
>>
>>56755211

The moment the hubble telescope was used they have found a lot more black holes than expected. Expanding? Are you sure about that? Why doesn't it effect gravity? Meh...
>>
>>56755478
Yes. Those African children in their mother's wombs are exposed to so much sunlight that their skin is black when they are born as opposed to all those white fetuses.
Skin tone can be affected by environmental conditions, in fact, environmental conditions account for most of your skin tone, but there are inherent genetic differences in skin colour between different ethnic groups.
>>
>>56755637
It's not empirical fact you faggot.

It's the by product of forensic science. It's a best guess as to why.

The only reason it is widely accepted as true is because the only alternative is creation.
>>
>>56755617
Thats a stupid analogy. Why did you type that?
>>
>>56755675
I said there is no REASON, not no cause.

Adaptation to the environment is the effect of a beneficial mutation, not the cause.

Literally cannot even grasp the concept of cause and effect. You are genuinely too stupid to live.
>>
>God was created out of nothing
>Then the ear canal was created from dirt for no reason

So Christians truly believe this?
>>
>>56755718
I'm not arguing the difference of Species.

I'm arguing that the cause of it at all is not evolution.
>>
>>56753517
You have some sort of alternative view worth considering? 'Coz I haven't heard one that passes mustard yet.
>>
>>56755675
Random mutation occurs due to the nucleotides of your DNA aligning incorrectly when DNA replication is occuring. This can alter protein expression, leading to new physical traits.
If this occurs in gametic cells like the sperm or egg, it can be passed on to children.
If the physical trait is beneficial, then obviously the individual has a greater chance of survival and passing on their genes.
>>
>>56755795
CAUSE IS REASON YOU DUMB BITCH
>>
they don't really believe that God doesn't exist.
>>
>>56753517
Anatomy books always made internal organs look too tasty.
>>
And yet all of these people assume the Christian god is the one that has to exist. How about none of these stupid religion gods and their books that contradict science.
>>
File: Laughter.jpg (508 KB, 1980x1540) Image search: [Google]
Laughter.jpg
508 KB, 1980x1540
>>56755914
>passes mustard
>>
>>56755952
No it isn't you illiterate fucking donkey.

If you want to ask "for what reason did hearing evolve" the answer is "none." Hearing evolved by chance and by the process of natural selection.

If you want to ask "how did hearing evolve?" that can be explained.
>>
>>56753517
>a magical sky man created the universe for no reason
So theists really believe this?
>>
>>56755944
Are you telling me retards are the product of random mutation then?

If so, I would have to ask how the perfect and complex CNS "evolved" or just the wonder of human anatomy and physiology in general.

As well as how does abstract theoretical thinking and altruistic love or compassion benefit man being able to survive.

There is no evidence suggesting that it would. In fact the opposite.
>>
>American flag
All we needed to know.
/thread
>>
>>56755952
It actually is you stupid fuck.
>>
>>56755764
It's much more than a guess, it has a lot of empirical evidence to back it up.
Creationism has none.
>>
>>56756096
Yes it is.
>>
>>56756163
>There is no evidence suggesting that it would.
All of that is actually really easily explained. Altruism isn't even exclusive to humans.
>>
>>56754182
Lel, most resonance people don't give a fuck but they defiantly don't rely on some bullshit books written thousands of years ago.

Religion is ez mode because all the answers are in the book or you pray and make it up.
Non religious belief relies on scientific method which is inherently more reliable and is also far more reactive to new developments and less likely to be bogged down in some stupid fucking dogma.
>>
>>56755952
The reason for mutation is radiation and faulty DNA replication.

The cause is either increased survival or decreased survival.
>>
>>56753517
And how does an ear disprove anything an atheist would believe in?
>>
>>56753517
>Not realizing that the Big Bang Theory is one of the biggest "Checkmate Atheists" in the history of science and religion

COME ON MAN IT'S 2015!
>>
>>56756249
No it doesn't. We have NEVER observed any mutation happening. Let alone a full blown change of Species.
>>
Why do idiots always throw the big bang theory and evolution into the same bag? They're not even the same field of science.
>>
>>56756310
You mean the reason for the cause is increased ability to survive holy shit.
>>
>>56753517
Evolution can literally be simulated with software. Nature is indeed fascinating, but it's not magic...
>>
>>56756284
There is no evidence suggesting that it would. You didn't anything about the perfect and complex production of the human body either.
>>
File: 1419842750088.gif (1 MB, 346x261) Image search: [Google]
1419842750088.gif
1 MB, 346x261
>Intersection between air and food intake tubes
>Ectopic pregnancies
>Baby skull wider than birth canal
>photoreceptors in eye behind blood-vessels
>Appendix in general
>Humans among the only mammals that can't self-synthesize vitamin C
>Crowded as fuck teeth

>yfw creationists think a loving god made this clusterfuck
>>
>>56753517
LOOK INTO TRILOBITE EYEBALLS.

SUPPOSEDLY ONE OF THE EARLIEST AND LEAST EVOLVED ANIMALS, YET HAS ONE OF THE MOST COMPLEX EYES ON EARTH.
>>
>>56756375
Yeah we have.
>>
>>56756375
>what are native americans
>>
>>56756487
Yes, there is.

And the human body isn't perfect at all.
>>
>>56756163
>Are you telling me retards are the product of random mutation then?
Probably. Recessive refuge could also play a part in it.

>If so, I would have to ask how the perfect and complex CNS "evolved" or just the wonder of human anatomy and physiology in general.
Consider that the first life form on earth was a single celled being. At some point, a mutation allowed it to become a multi-cellular organism, but in order to make this work more efficiently, it required some more advanced systems so that it could 'communicate' between the cells. Organisms that couldn't do this were at a disadvantage, so when a group emerged through a mutation that allowed them to communicate between cells, they prospered and their rivals died out. Essentially, do this same process of growing and updating the systems through competition and you get organ systems.

>As well as how does abstract theoretical thinking and altruistic love or compassion benefit man being able to survive.
Humans are social creatures who work together to survive, protecting members of your tribe is useful for survival.
>>
File: RuFWuwm.gif (385 KB, 500x436) Image search: [Google]
RuFWuwm.gif
385 KB, 500x436
>>56756424
Because they're HOT HOT HOT TOPICS

I CANT GET ENOUGH
>>
>>56756375
>We have NEVER observed any mutation happening
Moths and the E.Coli experiments
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/E._coli_long-term_evolution_experiment
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peppered_moth_evolution
>>
Necessity is the mother of all creation.
>>
>>56755718

If that where true then people who live in Egypt would be blacker than black people. And Mexicans wouldn't look like white people with sun tans. Because their skins are more exposed to sunlight. Black people atleast have trees to cover their skin. When your in desert area you don't have as much shade.

Its strange that people in jungles have dark skin while people who live in deserts simply look like white people with tans.
>>
>>56753872
This is bait, but I'll bite.
It doesn't decide. One day some organism is born with a random mutation. If the mutation is beneficial, it will be more likely to survive and pass it on. If it's really a huge benefit, the mutated organisms will be much more successful and may replace the original ones.
Example in humans: sickle cell anemia, which is really common in Africa because while it's a pain in the ass, if makes you immune to malaria, which is a major reason of death over there.
>>
>>56756510
>>photoreceptors in eye behind blood-vessels
Interestingly Cephalopods like squid evolved very similar eyes to us, but the blood vessels and nerves are behind the retina, instead of in front of it like it is in mammals. So squid and cuttlefish etc have no optic blind spot like we do, where our optic nerve goes through the retina.
>>
>>56756511

Evolution doesn't always lead to more sophistication or is always an improvement, it simply selects the form that is most adapt for the creature's current environment by natural selection.

People always think that things are always getting better and better through the evolutionary process, but that isn't at all. There is no end goal or a single linear path for evolution. The unfit simply dies and never get to pass on its gene. While the criteria for the "fit" changes constantly.
>>
Atheists, until you can actually find one Goddamn reason to prove us wrong, shut the fuck up and go flip your fucking fedora elsewhere.
>>
>>56755255
most shit ignorant post of the thread award for asserting that both sides have faith where faith is required for magic to be real, but this is FUCKING SOMEHOW ON PAR with hypothesis, test, evidence, evaluate of the scientific method, for purposes of any given proposition,in this case does magic exist
(of course it doesnt, grow up retard)
>>
File: 1446587216622.jpg (44 KB, 282x341) Image search: [Google]
1446587216622.jpg
44 KB, 282x341
>>56756781
Well shit, I wasn't expecting to learn this. Thanks for the fun fact m80
>>
>>56756840
Blind fish in caves are an example of this, they've slowly lost useless eyeballs that only cost energy to grow but performed no function
>>
>>56756863
Same to you, neither side can prove the other wrong. The universe is unknowable, faggot.
>>
>>56756438
I meant effect, not cause.
>>
>>56756903
Our eyes vs squid eyes are a very nice example of convergent evolution, where the same thing has essentially evolved twice with a key difference.
>>
>>56756863

What are you arguing exactly?
>>
File: 738px-Evolution_eye.svg.png (127 KB, 738x419) Image search: [Google]
738px-Evolution_eye.svg.png
127 KB, 738x419
>>56756903
>>56756993
Forgot image
>>
File: triggered.jpg (28 KB, 265x308) Image search: [Google]
triggered.jpg
28 KB, 265x308
>>56756781
>have no optic blind spot like we do

Fuck you, it bums me out every time I'm reminded of my blind spots.
>>
>/pol/ is all about statistics and facts and the differences between races
>many of them still argue against evolution

top jej
>>
>>56756733
Consider that being born with more melanin is going to be advantageous in a hotter climate since it shields your internal organs from the sun.
We can see that in colder areas of the world, the skin colour tends to be lighter at a population level, even at birth, whereas it is darker in hotter regions.
Of course, these changes are going to take a long time to appear at a population level since they need time to proliferate which is why some groups are mismatched due to recent migration, which is why Mexicans tend to be lighter than their climate would suggest they should be.
One also has to consider the sexual selection point. In many cultures, white skin is much more desirable than dark skin, meaning those with light skin will have more reproductive success.
tl;dr it's complicated.
>>
>>56756983
The reason of the cause is to lead to the effect to better survive.

Back pedal harder
>>
Research it yourself retard, it's a complex process and expecting an anon to hand feed you the information you want just because you asked a question is pathetic. The answer to any question you're asking is out there and supported by lots of evidence.
>>
>>56756593
Then it's not random. And the single cell followed a predetermined course set by "something".

The mathematical odds of evolution are practically none. For even a 200 molecular part organism.

Single celled organism can have millions of molecular parts.
>>
>>56757077
They have no cornea however, and focus their eyes by moving their eye instead of changing the shape of the lens like our eyes can.
>>
>>56756544
Okay let's see it.

Where is the evidence that abstract theoretical thinking and altruistic love is beneficial to mankind's survival.

The human body, and especially the human brain, which is the most complex things we know of in the Universe, appears to be specially designed to act in a cohesive manner in order for its complex systems to perform that necessary actions of keeping us alive.

Fuck off.
>>
File: image.jpg (35 KB, 625x626) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
35 KB, 625x626
Garbage argument is garbage. Look up "design argument refutation" or something like that if you're too stupid to realize how bad this argument is. Get your christfaggotry off this board.
Everyone please sage or ignore.
>>
File: 1303641399353.jpg (28 KB, 352x350) Image search: [Google]
1303641399353.jpg
28 KB, 352x350
>>56757351
T-Thanks man...

I still have blind spots though.
Although I suppose none of my natural predators can hide in those if close enough to be dangerous.
>>
>>56757316
>Single celled organism can have millions of molecular parts.
Modern ones do, ancient ones were probably a lot less complicated.

>And the single cell followed a predetermined course set by "something".
I would say that it is more akin to the cell being thrown into the water and having to learn how to swim. There is an efficient method to deal with different problems, and random mutations will benefit that method. Those who didn't get the mutation simply died out.

>The mathematical odds of evolution are practically none. For even a 200 molecular part organism.
Evolution is an excruciatingly slow process, but if it is given enough time, it will eventually occur.
>>
>>56757450
>abstract theoretical thinking and altruistic love is beneficial to mankind's survival.
Thinking abstractly led to tool use and communication, which allowed groups to hunt and survive more easily. Altruism, at least in a tribal group setting, leads to the survival prospects of the whole group increasing.
>>
>>56757450
>Where is the evidence
Waiting for you on Google.

I'm not spoonfeeding you shit that's common sense to everyone else who doesn't believe humans were created from some magical being who got bored one day and decided to play with some dirt.

"appears to be designed"

lol no, YOU fuck off

And if you wanted evidence that the human body isn't perfect you don't even need to leave this thread. Cephalopod eyes shit all over ours.
>>
>>56754466
We do.
We've engineered several hundred strains of Antibiotic resistant bacteria via chugging Antibiotics
Rats are immune to most poisons due to this same mechanism.

And that's not even getting close to how we've selectively bred mutations in animals that please humans.
>>
>>56757450

>appears to be specially designed to act in a cohesive manner in order for its complex systems to perform that necessary actions of keeping us alive.

And yet people kill themselves voluntarily. Such a perfect system right?
>>
>>56757703
Single celled organisms are single celled organisms. They don't fucking change because of the amount of time the earth has seen.

If mutations are caused because of various problems they are not completely random. If it's to serve a purpose, a better chance of survival it has a reason, no matter how small.

They need to be subsequent mutations.
A complex system is much easier torn down than is built up. It is much easier for something to go from a 4 part system to a 3 part system than to a 5 part system.

To say that evolution beat the odds that are so close to zero they might as well be zero trillions and trillions of times in succession is completely absurd.
>>
>>56753517
>god is perfect
>some children are born deaf

Do (false flaging) christfags truly believe this?
>>
>>56757816
Won't present.

Rest of post goes in trash

There is no evidence.
>>
File: domestication-of-the-banana.jpg (273 KB, 1536x1633) Image search: [Google]
domestication-of-the-banana.jpg
273 KB, 1536x1633
>>56758007
>we've selectively bred mutations in animals that please humans.
And plants. Just compare natural bananas with the fruit in markets today. Or how we've bred seedless citrus fruits to eat over time.
Or even the domestication and improvements we've made to wheat compared to its wild grass relatives.
>>
>>56758132
People kill themselves by choice. It is classified as a mental illness because we know that people aren't supposed to feel that way. Fucking shit tier argument.
>>
If the universe is expanding then why doesn't it effect gravity.

For example, if I have a table that slopes in the center to simulate gravity from the sun. And has infinite expanding edge around the table (to simulate an expanding universe) and I drop a marble on the table (simulating the earth rotating around the sun)

Why doesn't the expanse effect how the earth rotates around the sun? Why does gravity pull things clockwise but if you try making something rotate counterclockwise it instantly moves to the center without rotation?
>>
File: wheatdomesticated.jpg (55 KB, 706x497) Image search: [Google]
wheatdomesticated.jpg
55 KB, 706x497
>>56758249
>>
File: harveyputter.jpg (17 KB, 225x338) Image search: [Google]
harveyputter.jpg
17 KB, 225x338
>>56755404
Your understanding is wasted here, friend.
>>
>>56758285
But people's choices are governed by their perfect brains that God made to keep them alive, so how do you explain making the choice to kill yourself if you actually believe the bullshit you're spouting?
>>
This is /pol not /Sci fuck off troll
>>
>>56754298
The mutation is random, whether it stays or not isn't random, a random mutation might be good or bad for the species but the first mutation is still random.
>>
>>56758135

Single celled organisms do change, though. Base pairs will mutate (change) to other base pairs over time and when exposed to mutagenic materials. These mutations sometimes cause different proteins to be expressed, thereby resulting in differences of the organism. These differences can be positive, negative or negligible in terms of fitness. A positive mutation will be selected for as it causes the organism to reproduce better than other organisms. Over time, these mutations add up and greatly change organisms. I don't see what is so unbelievable about evolution.
>>
>>56753517

>Appeal to ignorance

If you want to convince an atheist of something, appeal to evidence next time.
>>
>>56758450
The brain is perfect in its ability to keep the human system working through various complex functions.

It's not perfect in the governing of feelings and thoughts. If it was everyone would be the same.

Depression is a product of the environment.
>>
>>56758135
You are confusing the cause and the effect.
Mutations don't happen to let the organism adapt. They are random.
An organism adapts thanks to beneficial random mutations. And then it passes the beneficial trait to its offspring. Or dies early in case of harmful mutations, and doesn't pass them on.
>>
>>56758135
>Single celled organisms are single celled organisms. They don't fucking change because of the amount of time the earth has seen.
Single celled organisms are simply organisms with a single cell, mate. They have their own DNA and RNA codes that can have mutations just like in more advanced organisms. And like multicelluar organisms, single cell organisms need to reproduce. In order to do this, they need to copy their DNA and mistakes can be made, resulting in a mutation and therefore a slightly different genotype in the next generation.

>If mutations are caused because of various problems they are not completely random. If it's to serve a purpose, a better chance of survival it has a reason, no matter how small.
The mutations are not caused by the problem, they simply occur by accident when the DNA is replicating. If the mutation just so happens to be useful, the individual will have a competitive advantage over its pairs.

>A complex system is much easier torn down than is built up. It is much easier for something to go from a 4 part system to a 3 part system than to a 5 part system.
There are efficient systems in nature due to the nature of physics. For example, many species have separately evolved similar eyes, fins, legs etc.
Some mutations will not make a difference, but others may eventually build on it. The systems will usually work primitively, then be built upon to work efficiently.
>>
File: 1438058803266.png (727 KB, 584x600) Image search: [Google]
1438058803266.png
727 KB, 584x600
>>56757570
>humans
>having natural predators
>>
>>56758496
Then why don't we see any single celled organisms evolving into multiple celled organisms?

We never seen it happen.
>>
>>56758303
Some systems rotate counter-clockwise. Most scientists believe that dark matter is the reason as the the gravity phenomenon.
>>
>>56758688
So two of the same species would need to have the same beneficial mutation for it to pass on 100% of the time.

The odds of that?

Practically none.
>>
File: I think you need to leave.jpg (50 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
I think you need to leave.jpg
50 KB, 500x375
>>56754457
>just a theory
a SCIENTIFIC theory
Fuck you and people you spout this uneducated garbage
>>
>>56758690
Do you have any examples of these random mutations in a species which were not beneficial?
>>
>>56758698
What about influenza?
>>
>>56758970
It's not empirical fact you faggot.
>>
>>56758999
Cerebral palsy in humans.
>>
>>56758612
>Depression is a product of the environment.
No it isn't. There is evidence it's genetic. And the mechanism of depression are biological. It's a disruption of natural hormone production and distribution, which is governed by the brain. If it were a product of the environment, everyone would develop depression when exposed to the same stimulus, but they don't.

Can you say literally ANYTHING that is not wrong? Holy shit.
>>
File: facepalm.gif (2 MB, 440x330) Image search: [Google]
facepalm.gif
2 MB, 440x330
>>56754964
>>56755299
>>56755675
>>56755952
>>
>>56759059
It is basically fact until someone comes up with a theory that works better.
>>
>>56759080
>>56758999
Or a better example is actually Cystic Fibrosis.
>>
>>56758612

>The brain is perfect in its ability to keep the human system working through various complex functions.

No it isn't. "Involuntary suicide" caused by failure of the brain to perform regulatory functions leading to organ failure is a thing.

Imperfect replication or execution of genetic codes leading to birth defects is another, with many such as malformed heart or underdeveloped brain is fatal or have drastically shortened life span.

Human is far from perfect.
>>
>>56758881
It doesn't need to be passed on 100% of the time. If it is beneficial, the mutated offspring will have a higher chance of survival and passing on the mutation. Of course, you need a lot of time to make this trait appear in every member of the species, and the trait probably needs to be something significant.
See my earlier sickle cell anemia example. It is an actual example of a mutation becoming prevalent in a region, because it's very beneficial in those conditions.
>>
>>56759059
>A scientific theory is a well-substantiated explanation of some aspect of the natural world that is acquired through the scientific method and repeatedly tested and confirmed through observation and experimentation
>repeatedly tested and confirmed through observation
>>
>>56759080
Cerebral palsy is caused by damage to the brain during development.

That's not a mutation. It's damage to the brain.
>>
>>56759059
Yeah it is. Evolution is a fact. The "theory" is the "theory of evolution by natural selection."

The theory explains how the fact of evolution happens.

Like gravity is the theory explaining the fact that planets orbit the sun.
>>
>muh random mutations that are apparently super common and result in the old species being completely supplanted

I don't know how they got people to believe this shit.
>>
>>56759196
>what is intelligent creation
>>
>>56759281
Cerebral palsy was my bad, I meant cystic fibrosis.
>>
>>56759279
It's still not empirical fact holy shit.
>>
>>56759343
I said 'better.'
>>
>>56759369
That's just a genetic disorder man.
>>
>>56759444
Considering its never had to change its stance unlike evolution, cough the pancreas was once considered useless cough.
>>
File: 1436418898587.png (847 KB, 1305x1131) Image search: [Google]
1436418898587.png
847 KB, 1305x1131
>>56759343
>Something with no proof is better than something with proof
>>
>>56759324
Because environmental conditions change over time and if you don't adapt to the change, you die out.
There is no point in giraffes having long necks if all the tall trees die out. So any giraffes that retain the trait will be disadvantaged and most likely will be out-competed by those with shorter necks.
>>
>>56759513
So you believe in unicorns and witches?
>>
>>56759525
There is plenty of proof.
>>
>>56759472
All genetic disorders arise from a change in the genes.
The only way genes can be changed is through mutation.
>>
>>56758750

Because it would take significantly longer for that to happen. Just because something can happen does not mean it will happen quickly. Evolution is a slow progression, not an instantaneous change from a relatively simplistic organism into a much more complex one.
>>
>>56759560
Do you believe in aliens?

With the size of the universe the odds of extra terrestrial life are quite high.
>>
>>56759668
That dodge though.
>>
>>56759622
Not from a change in the genes but from improper production of the genes. It's not an additional part of genetic material added to the human genome.
>>
>>56759740
Your own dodge though.

I'll answer yours if you answer mine.
>>
>>56759513
>What is Science?
We don't know everything, get over it
>>
>>56753872
all ears are is a device that feels vibrations in the air and sends the morse code to the brain that perceives it as sound

it evolved from organisms that were more sensitive to vibrations telling them when danger or foodstuffs was near surviving where other organisms that weren't as sensitive died off. over time the parts that could sense vibration became more complicated and more precise in what sort of vibrations they were detecting.

its not "hearing" its just vibrations, and there is nothing strange or unique about it. animals in the ocean "hear". bugs fucking "hear". its just vibration detection, be it air vibrations or water vibrations.
>>
>>56759824
So why are you so quick to dismiss an intelligent creator?
>>
>>56759761
>CF is caused by a mutation in the gene cystic fibrosis transmembrane conductance regulator (CFTR).
>>
>>56759761
>improper production
subjective. it is still a change in the genes and can be beneficial.
>>
>>56759792
I'd need to see some evidence first. The universe is so chaotic and hostile to life it's entirely possible that there isn't any other life.
>>
File: 1438447991848.jpg (84 KB, 612x690) Image search: [Google]
1438447991848.jpg
84 KB, 612x690
Silly creationists. Think some backward civilization on a cosmic grain of sand was made by a magic sky wizard.
>>
>>56759964
Give me an example of a beneficial mutation then.
>>56759952
If CF is a mutation then we must have an example of a good mutation happening.
>>
>>56760080
Belief doesn't rely on evidence.

Give me a yes or no based on the moment and then I will give you my answer.

To answer my own question I asked you, no. I don't think there is alien life.
>>
File: 1442721151868.gif (42 KB, 468x554) Image search: [Google]
1442721151868.gif
42 KB, 468x554
It's only as amazing as you perceive it to be. In it's own sense the human ear is really quite unremarkable.
>>
>>56756310
yup! Polar bears exist because of a DNA mutation. There is nothing that would have started off the whitening of the fur, it was just a freak accident that snowballed because the ones with that fluke continue to progenerate better as they survived longer... Give it a few hundred generations and viola! snow-white bears(with other differences from brown bears, that WERE evolution) in the arctic.

Cosmos actually did a cool scene about how fish evolved eyes... again, starts off as a mutation that snowballs into something insanely complex.
Interesting fact: Our vision is *SHIT* compared to what our biological ancestors had when we were still in the ocean, since we had multiple times more generations to adjust to water vision. That 'skill' is lost now, as it had no bearing on out survival, so it 'evolved' out of out species.
>>
>>56760110
Yet we have found no life elsewhere.
>>
I heard a voice once like a thought that wasn't my own. It told me to "Walk outside. I want you to see something." There I saw my grandmother who's a very kind and Christianly lady. She just cussed for no reason at all. Shit! Then walked inside as if nothing happened.

I didn't beleave in it myself intil I started taking a closer look at things.
>>
>>56760189
I very clearly said that I would need to see some evidence in order to believe it.
>>
>>56754749
>"we still haven't found the missing link!"
>they dig up the missing link
>"w-well where's the missing link between THAT ONE and us, huh?? checkmate"
>repeat forever
>>
>>56760120
Sickle Cell Anemia in African populations.
The this mutation causes blood cells to change shape, preventing maleria from infecting them and thereby reduce the risk of death by maleria.
>>
>>56760248
to be fair, we've only looked at two non-earth places so far
>>
>>56760297
If you saw evidence you wouldn't believe. You would know. Unless you only believe the theory of evolution now? Is that what you believe? I thought evolution was a fact that is known.
>>
>>56760120
>give me an example of a beneficial mutation then
gee, i don't know, the string of mutations that turned us into humans from a pile of goo?

lactase persistence - europeans can digest milk better

sickle cell as one anon said although there is a tradeoff

outside of humans, antibiotic resistance in some bacteria / pesticide resistence in insects
>>
>>56760248
Our range of search hasn't exactly been very extensive, and hasn't even touched a separate system yet with it's own sun (which is where another Earth-like planet would be) to a close enough degree in which we'd be able to detect life, were it there.
>>
>>56759913
I don't dismiss it, I'll believe the second there is undeniable evidence
>>
>>56754457
>Evolution is just a theory
That word doesn't mean what you think it means
>Never been observed
Drug resistant TB
>Don't have any evidence of a transitional species
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
>>
>>56760383
Didn't NASA say they were going to find evidence of alien life by 2020 or something?
>>
>>56760120
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HIV_immunity

>Human immunodeficiency virus immunity is the natural immunity of humans to HIV.[1] A small percentage of humans are believed to have partial to possible complete immunity to HIV due to mutations in CCR5 receptors. It is estimated that the number of people with some form of immunity to HIV is under 1%.[2][3][4]
>>
>>56760120

I don't see why you can't google this shit yourself.

Lactase persistance for Europeons.

Antibiotic resistance bacteria.

Changes in CCR5 protein, leading to resistance to HIV.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CCR5
>>
>>56759587

Have any examples?
>>
>>56760406
Evolution has mountains of observable evidence. Visit a museum sometime.

I think it's about time you responded to the unicorns and witches thing, since both of those are in the bible.
>>
>>56760406
belief is knowledge for rational, sane people.
>>
>>56759525
>implying there's proof for evolution
>>
>>56753517
>The universe exploded out of nothing

american education
>>
Threads like this remind me that /pol/ absolutely appeals to the lowest common denominator on 4chan, or at least is full of pathetic "LEL I TROLLED U GUISE I WAS PRETENDING" B8ers
>>
>>56760562
>The ears evolved so brits could bong

Bing bong bing.
>>
>>56760559
Just because you haven't googled it yet doesn't mean it doesn't exist.
>>
>>56760473
That's not believing. That's knowing.

Holy shit.
>>
>>56760542
Are unicorns really in the bible?
Do you mean the fellow with 7 crowns and 4 heads and his friends?
>>
>>56760559
Hello OP that thinks all Atheists inherently believe in the Big Bang, Your made up version Big Bang anyways.
>>
>>56754003
Based American proving that even despite society putting a person down, they can still rise above it. How come so many of your fellows can't do the same?
>>
File: blob-fish-600.jpg (109 KB, 600x439) Image search: [Google]
blob-fish-600.jpg
109 KB, 600x439
>>56753517
>christians believe this happened intentionally
>>
>>56760500
>>56760510
Well. Fair enough. But why only now has the mutation occurred? There was once a time where HIV didn't exist and the mutation didn't happen during that time. Yet when there is an actual need for the mutation it happens.

I still think Darwin's model is bull shit.
>>
Do people seriously reject evolutionary biology on this board? Try opening a book that isn't the Bible for once in your lifves.
>>
>>56760832
Imagine loading him in a cannon and firing him over the Turkish border while shouting DEUS VULT!
>>
>>56760542
Yes I believe there are (were) Unicorns and Witches.
>>
>>56760699
Job 39:9-12King James Version (KJV)

9 Will the unicorn be willing to serve thee, or abide by thy crib?

10 Canst thou bind the unicorn with his band in the furrow? or will he harrow the valleys after thee?

11 Wilt thou trust him, because his strength is great? or wilt thou leave thy labour to him?

12 Wilt thou believe him, that he will bring home thy seed, and gather it into thy barn?

>>56760914
And you have the nerve to say that evolution is non-sense?
>>
>>56760864
It's possible that the mutation existed before HIV, but because HIV didn't exist, we didn't know about the mutation.
Darwin was wrong on a few things, but his original theory has been expanded on and modified as new evidence appears.
>>
>>56753517
ya i do. your not special and you life has no meaning
>>
>>56760981
Darwin's model and people coming from apes?

Yes I do.
>>
>>56760884
Are you seriously implying they've even looked in the Bible?
>>
>>56753517
Nice bait m8
No that's an oversimplified way of putting it. Kind of like sayin all Christ fags pray to the imaginary sky God and everything developed from a spare rib
>>
>>56754003
>Its a reaction to the environment.
nothing existed so what was the catalyst and what was the reactant?
>>
>>56753872
Weeeeew lad
You sound like you watch a lot of nascar
>>
>>56761049
How is that any less logical than unicorns and witches?
>>
>>56761054
They probably looked for the scriptural "sources" their pastor or ID textbook told them refuted evolution.

Regardless, ID is worthless as a theory since it dosen't inform our understanding of biology in any way whatsoever.
>>
>>56760864

>But why only now has the mutation occurred

For the HIV one, it might've always been there, we simply didn't know until we started studying it seriously due to the AIDS epidemics. Some scientist theorized that it was a mechanism evolved in response to the black plague centuries ago.

>Yet when there is an actual need for the mutation it happens.

It happens because those that didn't have the beneficial mutation DIES and never get to pass on their genetic material. You don't have a choice in this matter, hence why it is random. A super plague is killing all of humanity and only 5 people have natural resistance to it and you're not one of them? Tough fucking luck.

>I still think Darwin's model is bull shit.

Darwin offered the basic concept, it has been improved over the years by hundreds of scientist. He get to take credit for the theory because he was the one who proposed it, not because what he proposed was perfect from the get go.
>>
universe exploded out of a super dense peiece of hydrogen.

ear evolved to keep the thing using it to hear from being prevented from reproducing and thus not continuing to hear.

Notice how the actual is different from the bait.
>>
>>56761019
>>56760981
Many different types of dogs can be developed this way, but they can never develop a cat by selectively breeding dogs. Natural selection can never extend outside of the DNA limit. DNA cannot be changed into a new species by natural selection. The same process of selective breeding is done with flowers, fruits, and vegetables.

New variations of the species are possible, but a new species has never been developed by science. In fact, the most modern laboratories are unable to produce a left-hand protein as found in humans and animals. Evolutionist fail to admit that no species has ever been proven to have evolved in any way. Evolution is simply pie-in-the-sky conjecture without scientific proof.

If natural selection were true, Eskimos would have fur to keep warm, but they don't. They are just as hairless as everyone else. If natural selection were true, humans in the tropics would have silver, reflective skin to help them keep cool, but they don't. They have black skin, just the opposite of what the theory of natural selection would predict.
>>
>>56760315
so you honestly believe that EVERY previous "version" died off? and in the entirety of modern observable history nothing has proven to evolve, yet you still believe in it?
>>
>>56754457
Hory shet
>>
>>56758249

>opening the banana from the wrong side

what is this 2014?
>>
>>56761375
Who taught you about evolution? Or how did you learn it?
>>
>>56761416
>n the entirety of modern observable history nothing has proven to evolve

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peppered_moth_evolution
>>
>>56761416
Yes, actually. Extinction happens often in nature.
We've observed evolution many times, be it through selective breeding, bacteria, rats or insects. There is undeniable proof of evolution.
>>
>>56761608
I see no refutation.

If evolution was 100% correct it would be scientific law.

Yet it's not.

End of story.
>>
Are christfags really this stupid or just shitposting?
>>
>>56753517
Past the ear drum it looks like a man offing something in a bowl to a not-so-giant giant squid.

Clearly it is a message. God is a squid.
>>
>>56761645
Evolution is one species turning into another you dumb bitch.
>>
File: NewGMan.jpg (37 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
NewGMan.jpg
37 KB, 600x600
>>56761375
>Show me a canine become a non canine
>>
>>56761375
Human technology can only do so much.
Species like cats and dogs have such vastly different DNA that it would be neigh impossible to recreate them from another animal, and even if one did manage to get a similar phenotype, the poor creature would probably have a bunch of horrible hereditary diseases.
Human skin uses melanin to control sunlight exposure, so making it silver is out of the question unless a random mutation made a new protein which can make skin silver, like how Europeans have different hair colours.
Similarly, eskimos cannot magically gain fur unless there is a lucky mutation for it. And even if there was a mutation, if the lady (or man)folk don't like your furry look, you're not passing the genes on.
Black skin is a thick layer that doesn't allow light to pass through it, unlike white skin.
>>
>>56761747
Did you reply to the wrong post? I asked you a question.
>>
>>56761375
Even if all of that was true you still have all of your work ahead of you, because evolution is still the best scientific theory explaining the diversity and inter-relationships we see in life, and it'll simply be that way until someone comes up with something better.
>>
>>56761747
Nothing is 100% fact in Science or else it wouldn't be Science
>>
>>56761752
Cthulhu fhtagn
>>
>>56761751
Oh they are this stupid. There is a strong mental block in their ability to reason
>>
>people still think there is a god

cute

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=462KBuAhncU
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 37

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.