[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The Troubling Trendiness Of Poverty Appropriation
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 4
File: benfwf.jpg (178 KB, 876x577) Image search: [Google]
benfwf.jpg
178 KB, 876x577
You can't make this shit up. (link to article in pastebin)

http://pastebin.com/wAwAaufU
>>
File: 1446632963229.gif (2 MB, 388x218) Image search: [Google]
1446632963229.gif
2 MB, 388x218
>>56746556
>poverty appropriation
I can't even comprehend this anymore
>>
>>56746556
>comfy small house on wheels
>solar panel
>quality wooden kayak
>this is poverty
>>
Ah fuck. That pastebin didn't have the link, I can't post it here because of the filter. Just google: The Troubling Trendiness Of Poverty Appropriation
>>
>>56746714
Basically hipsters. Spend all that money to look like a poor piece of shit, but still have a $600 iphone.
>>
I hate the stupid damn term but I do agree that rich entitled hipsters trying to look "working class" or whatever is cringey. I also hate the middle class people in London who try to act like gangsters and speak like fags.
>>
>>56747136
Poor people can have nice shit too. When I lived in Oregon, all the migrant workers lived in cherry shacks or trailers, but had brand new mustangs parked outside. You don't become poor/stay poor by being smart with your money.
>>
>>56746556
>Poverty Appropriation

Fucking liberal cucK weenies, what will they think of next?
>>
Place I used to work at had an antique store upstairs.
The lady was constantly dragging shit out of dumpsters and selling it for hundreds of dollars.
It was called shabby chic a few years ago.
It really disgusted me that people would spend shitloads of money to look poor.
>>
>>56747136
Actually a tiny home is the best many people can hope to afford these days without going into lifelong debt.
>>
>San Francisco’s Butter Bar, a trendy outpost that prides itself on being a true-blue, trailer park-themed bar, serving up the best in “trashy” cuisine and cocktails. With tater tots, microwaved food, and deep-fried Twinkies on the menu, the bar also serves cocktails that contain cheap ingredients, such as Welch’s grape soda.

She should have lead with this. (would probably get less clicks tho :^)
Still pretty stupid to be so upset by it but it fits the description of cultural appropriation more than people building chic, low-maintenance cabins.
>>
File: 1335855124584.png (68 KB, 278x237) Image search: [Google]
1335855124584.png
68 KB, 278x237
>>56746556
>Meet girl in college
>Good attitude, wants to be successful
>Becomes filled with feminist concepts and becomes independent
>I'm proud of her, she should do what she wants.
>decide to marry her
>2 years into relationship
>She nags me a lot but I still love her
>"Hey anon, I want an open relationship"
>4 years later
>What was once my tool shed has become a second home, complete with a cot, a TV, and a mini-fridge.
>Tyrone is coming over in a little while.
>On Tuesdays I like to browse the internet.
>Read this article.
>Realize how much I've harmed the disadvantaged with my lifestyle...
>I guess there's no place for me in this world.
>>
>>56746556
Thats the microhouse from Portlandia isn't it
>>
>>56747359
>this
I guess niggers blowing all their money on nigger trinkets are "affluence appropriating"?
>>
>>56746965
>living in a space the size of a jail cell
you first
>>
File: the fuck is this.gif (872 KB, 500x492) Image search: [Google]
the fuck is this.gif
872 KB, 500x492
>>56751552

>letting a FUCKING MEME LIFESTYLE become reality

you should seriously consider suicide
>>
>>56751950
>living in a space the size of a jail cell
I think you mean "sleeping in a space the size of a jail cell"
Since he's completely surrounded by nature
>>
>>56751950
I wouldn't mind it.
>travel with other people who have tiny houses
>find a place to park and camp out
>have a nice little campfire
>hang out and be chill
>relocate
>travel all over the USA
>>
>https://twitter.com/JulyWesthale
author
>>
>>56746556
>Who is St. Francis of Assisi for 500 Alex.

Any woman who complains of Poverty Appropriation should read up on St. Francis, he did a lot more while choosing poverty than these slacktivists would.
>>
>>56752100
canada what the fuck are you doing bro
>>
>>56746556
Why would I spend money on a house I'll only use to sleep in when I could spend it on travelling the world?
>>
>>56752282
Too much weed dude, lmao
>>
>>56751552
Literally a kuck shed.
>>
>>56751552
Just wait till she is pregnant with someone else's kid but expects you to pay for it!
Are you at least still fucking her as well?
>>
>>56746556
Poor people don't live in kek sheds.
>>
>>56750342

Yea, because everyone wants to live in trendy places because xD culture!

My current investment property, which I just closed on, is costing me just under $30k. Two car garage and everything. It's just out in the countryside.

Good houses are easy to find, but you will sacrifice your special snowflake urban culture to obtain it
>>
>>56746556

It has always been like that. German Ledehosen are an interpretation of Volkslich Leben made by nobles in South Germany in the second part of the 19th century.
>>
>>56752585
How the hell is a house only $30k? Is it a trailer, condo, or something else that would suck to live in and that's why it's only an investment property?
>>
>>56752130
>>56752254
>cant have people over
>not enough room to store things like gear,supplies, hobby stuff,work stuff
>constantly paying for fuel for generator
>having to deal with noisy generator
>not owning the land your dwelling is on+paying rent forever
you cant raise a loving white family in a shaq
>>
>>56751950
we can send you to africa where you have all the space in the world then.

let's see if house space size matters when you dont even have food or water faggot.
>>
How is living below your means something to be criticized
>>
>>56746556
>hurr pity me show me pity OH GOD WHY WON'T YOU PITY ME
>btw also agree with hating these people
Immaturity at it's best. People without any worthwhile skills, techniques or knowledge but are still affluent enough to afford computers and web hosting will still shitpost their opinion as if it means anything.

Meanwhile, I'll go back to my blog, otherwise I'll keep getting rejections because MORE WIMMINZ IN STEM!
>>
>>56752753
You don't need a generator (solar panels exist or you could hook it up to city power if you're in town) and you can own the land that it's parked on, nitwit.
>>
>>56752746

No, it's an all brick/wood house built in the 1950's. The interior is a little dated but should cost me $3-5k total to fix up.

Seriously, it's about where you live. I also purchased ~50 acres of land a few years ago for just over $80k. You can get it even cheaper out in some of the Western states.

Here's a place in the Auburn, AL area where my girlfriend attends college.

http://www.landwatch.com/Lee-County-Alabama-House-for-sale/pid/324140940

>that isn't even a good deal for that area to be perfectly honest.
>>
>>56753083
>cant raise a family
>not enough space to have technology that makes life easier or to fix things yourself like a dishwasher/washing machine/refrigerator,etc(you would have to pick 1 or 2 but not all)
>cant have family and friends over to stay with you
>not enough energy from panels need fuel anyway for when its not sunny
>rent fuel, solar panel maitenance,etc

the people doing this are hipster type people/migrants or the nuovou semi middle class who turn into migrants.

this is not a legit "stay put" live in structure
UNLESS you are legit "off grid" cabin in the woods esque
>>
>>56754223
>UNLESS you are legit "off grid" cabin in the woods esque
That's my plan.
>>
>>56752746
A lot of the price of a house is just demand led rather than the actual cost of the house itself, especially for older houses that have depreciated etc.

If all of the people who want to live in the area can't afford to pay much for a house then the price of the house will be very low.
>>
>>56751296
>welch's

Oo lala, look who can afford partially real grape juice. The rest of us have to buy synthetic grape flavoured water.
>>
>>56754509
then right on, seriously, I hope all goes well for you, getting some land living off of it would be amazing
>>
>>56754509
Is that even legal anymore?
Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.