[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Republicans Just Don’t Get Stephen Colbert: Fox News-Watching
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 212
Thread images: 32
File: tumblr_nu9ah78f021rfb51fo1_1280.png (241 KB, 545x502) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nu9ah78f021rfb51fo1_1280.png
241 KB, 545x502
Colbert's ratings are down. Republicans are refusing to watch him. Indeed, they are afraid to be challenged.

According to a poll published by The Hollywood Reporter, it seems that Colbert has a GOP problem. Only 17 percent of Colbert’s viewers are Republican compared to 31 percent for Fallon and 33 percent for Kimmel. While Kimmel is clearly the comedian that most appeals to Republican viewers, both he and Fallon have a fairly balanced split between parties. Colbert, in contrast, does not.

So why don’t Republicans like him? According to Callum Borchers in the Washington Post, the problem is that Colbert takes positions that will enrage the GOP on topics like the Syrian refugees. When he goes after these issues he tends to skewer the GOP, exposing the flaws to their logic, mocking their twisted so-called values, and revealing their penchant for re-writing history. Borcher tells us “Colbert knows how to bring down the house by painting conservatives as a bunch of backward xenophobes. He’s one of the best at it.”

Recent studies have suggested that there is a significant intelligence gap between Democrats and Republicans. It is smart humor and it is a sort of humor one never sees on Fallon or Kimmel. Even more importantly it is the sort of humor that is much less likely to appeal to Republican viewers because it depends on questioning beliefs and criticizing the status quo.
>>
Wow rude desu.
>>
File: colbert.webm (151 KB, 782x690) Image search: [Google]
colbert.webm
151 KB, 782x690
>>56741888
>Recent studies have suggested that there is a significant intelligence gap between Democrats and Republicans
>>
>>56741888
> US Jews on Pogrom Watch
>>
>the lowest common denominator is tuning out of a late night show that no longer caters to the lowest common denominator
Thank god there's still early morning entertainment shows with "Social Media Spaces" so mom can get her fix of last week's funniest cat videos.
>>
File: 1446651604459.png (206 KB, 430x318) Image search: [Google]
1446651604459.png
206 KB, 430x318
>>56741888
>When he goes after these issues he tends to skewer the GOP, exposing the flaws to their logic, mocking their twisted so-called values, and revealing their penchant for re-writing history.
Yeah it truly is a mystery why conservatives won't watch libshits spewing this garbage. It's 2015!
>>
>>56742181
Why are all Australians such good fun posters?
>>
>>56741888
>Republican viewers because it depends on questioning beliefs and criticizing the status quo.

the status quo is mass-unchecked immigration by an means necessary. that should be questioned not shilled
>>
This guy is just not funny and his Schick is getting old fast. We went from letterman who was funny to this cock.
>>
>>56741888
>Recent studies have suggested that there is a significant intelligence gap between Democrats and Republicans. It is smart humor and it is a sort of humor one never sees on Fallon or Kimmel. Even more importantly it is the sort of humor that is much less likely to appeal to Republican viewers because it depends on questioning beliefs and criticizing the status quo.

Sounds like literally cück humor, where you let someone else laugh at you, and mostly those high IQ university people like it.
>>
>>56741888
or maybe people grew out of shitty iq of 90 targeted political 'satire'
>>
The other day he was shilling a pro-communist movie called Trumbo with Brian Cranston. It was disgusting. The jews are pushing really hard with this communism is good bullshit.
>>
So how many liberals watch conservative media?
>pot calling kettle black
>liberals are literally having a maoist student revolution calling for safe spaces and no criticism
>>
>>56741888
>Colbert's ratings are down
>blame Republicans

nice trips
>>
File: 1448443179367.jpg (12 KB, 236x305) Image search: [Google]
1448443179367.jpg
12 KB, 236x305
After he had Anita Sarkeesian on and pandered to her I stopped watching his Comedy Central show.
>>
>tries to stump the trump
>gets the worst ratings of all time
>about to be pulled off the air
>claims people with different opinions are less intelligent, and that's why they turned the channel to kimmel/fallon

people work hard all day and want to relax when they turn on their evening talk show. they want fart jokes to calm them down before going to sleep. even democrats get pissed when someone is trying to brainwash them when they're too tired to process their favorite liberal brainwashing.

someone remind this guy that he's in the big leagues now. he still thinks it's his job to pander to energetic high school and libtards watching comedy central. he should be easing the minds of sleepy adults who come from various political backgrounds.
>>
>>56741888
>mocking their twisted so-called values

Totally written by someone who is able to see both sides of the argument.
>>
>>56741888
He should prolly change his act then because his job is to get people to watch his show not jerk off liberals.

Only time I watched him was when Trump was on.
>>
>>56742211

I just hope they don't dumb it down to appease the Rethuglicans. The show is really smart as is
>>
>>56741888
>watching TV
lol
>>
>>56741888
Oh no
People don't like to be talked down to
>>
He's worse than Seth Meyers. Bias is fucking obvious. Fallon picks on both parties equally. And the Roots fucking rock. Meyers and Colbert love picking on Rs and the bias is just stupidly over the top. Media bias extends way beyond the 'news'. They are actively campaigning for the D's. Don't want it in my late night. Plus their jokes are pretty shitty. Colberts band sucks balls too. And Meyers' band isn't even trying. My high school band penned for the violent femmes and we were better. In high school.
>>
>>56741888
>Recent studies have suggested that there is a significant intelligence gap between Democrats and Republicans.

I don't think you'll get an opposing argument from anyone here...
>>
>>56743028
They enjoy being talked down to, that's what the entirety of the media does, regardless of where it falls on the political spectrum.

What the people really don't like is having their opinions / world view challenged. When some fat dad clicks off Colbert because he's mocking some Republican's retarded policy, of which there are legion, it's the same sort of thing going on as when a limp-wristed liberal runs away from an argument with you over crime when you display figures that shows blacks disproportionately commit them.
>oh no, this doesn't jive with what I want to think
>it's inconceivable that I would think something that is wrong or less true than anything else, I'm the smartest
>ABORT ABORT ABORT DON'T LISTEN THEY'RE A SHILL
>>
>>56743641
>More young people go to college
>More young people a liberal
TOTAL INTELLIGENCE DIFFERENCE
>>
>>56742350
Letterman hasn't been funny in ages

Craig Ferguson is the only late night comedian in the last 10 years who has been worth watching, and even he had a huge decline in quality his last 3 years.

None of them are funny anymore because they just repeat memes that their college-aged female cousin shared on facebook. They don't tell jokes, they don't say anything original. They say things such as "Donald Trump doesn't want illegal immigrants...that's strange, neither did le Native Americans xD" and after hearing that at least 100 times even normies won't laugh anymore. Over half of them just show videos of cute puppies for the whole show like they think they're the evening news or something. Chances are that after an initial spike after moving to CBS (and a residual effect since they have more viewers than comedy central), he's actually been losing viewers from every party.

We make fun of attempts to be edgy on 4chan or just being a huge, illiterate asshole, but that's a comedians job and none of them are doing it anymore. They tow the party line but do it only in the safest way possible and as a result nobody wants to watch them.
>>
I stopped thinking The Daily show and The Colbert Report were funny when I stopped being a middleschooler 10 years ago.
>>
>>56741888
>>56742060
There are literally no conservative comedians. That should tell you something.
>>
>>56741888
>Recent studies have suggested that there is a significant intelligence gap between Democrats and Republicans. It is smart humor and it is a sort of humor one never sees on Fallon or Kimmel. Even more importantly it is the sort of humor that is much less likely to appeal to Republican viewers because it depends on questioning beliefs and criticizing the status quo.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IGl1CCprCeU
>>
>>56743887
>Implying I watch the media drool
>>
>>56744265

Comedy is a waste of time and mostly garbage, most standup comedians aren't even close to being funny and standup itself is a joke. Only the lowest forms of human existence are attracted to being comedians.
>>
I hope this real. I kekd.
>>
>>56741888
>the status quo
Yet democrats get elected. Seems weird, no?
>>
>implying colbert uses logic

He just creates an exaggerated version of the thing he doesn't like and then mocks it. Anybody can do that for anything.
>>
How worthless does someone have to be to have to write about television for a living ?
>>
>>56744066
It's okay to acknowledge there are a lot of dipshit hicks in the backwoods who espouse Republican views. The kind of people who believe a thing doesn't reflect its veracity. There are many wealthy, educated people who think vaccines are going to give their babies autism, and a ton of prominent Republicans who are the exact opposite of the hicks that make up the largest chunk of their base.

All groups need to stop letting their views be defined by the largest or most vocal part of them. That's how you get the Tea Party hijacking all conservative views, crazy religious extremists hijacking Christianity or Islam, SJWs hijacking liberals, and so on. Those groups will never be destroyed by the opposition yelling at them, because that only intensifies their resolve and feeds their persecution complex; they must be dismantled from within the group they are attempting to co-opt, because they draw strength from the swath of sane moderates who insulate those crazy views by defending the belief system as a whole.

For example, if every Christian were as butt-blasted about kiddy diddling as your stereotypical Internet atheists, the Church would have no choice but to hang those fucks out to dry ASAP. But because there are so many people who see "an attack on child-molesting priests" as "an attack on Christianity" and move to shield the whole organization (or at least suppress their own outrage), the Church is able to do remarkably little. Internal pressure is always more conducive to change than external pressure.
>>
If liking his jokes is dependent on agreeing with certain political stances to enjoy it, he'll obviously alienate some people. It's certainly risky to to make such jokes ate such a frequent rate on a major network.

> It is smart humor
I don't think any humor on American television is particularly smart. Political satire is almost always stupid..
>>
>>56741888
>build career making fun of republicans
>"waa, why aren't republicans watching me?"
>i know, maybe if i insult them more will watch me!
>>
File: colbert facepalm.jpg (26 KB, 720x406) Image search: [Google]
colbert facepalm.jpg
26 KB, 720x406
I like Colbert but his show focuses too much on politics for what is supposed to be a variety talk show.
Also his band sucks dicks.
>>
>>56744265
The comedians you call conservative lost their job becuase liberals and shit skins cant handle the banter kek
>>
>>56741888
Politics aside, he's actually a pretty funny guy.

Would have him on the dinner table for bantz/10
>>
>>56743887
It's hardly the same thing because the man clicking off Colbert wants to respond and argue but can't since it's a talking picture on tv while the liberal literally has no response to reasoned arguments.
>>
>>56744751
Underrated post
>>
>>56744265
bill burr
>>
File: 1447725550829.jpg (40 KB, 400x402) Image search: [Google]
1447725550829.jpg
40 KB, 400x402
>>56744265

> there are no conservative comedians
> I know this because the comedians tell me they aren't conservative

Your first time dealing with the media, huh?
>>
>>56742322
Wrongn not in yew es.
>>
He has shit ratings because he takes sides on politics while other talk shows do not mostly. If I was a libtard I wouldn't want to watch someone that disagrees with me.
>>
>>56744356
there's a reason comedy films don't win best picture
>>
>>56742623
Kuck, study your enemy
>>
>>56742897
Its on youtube, senpai
>>
>>56744265
Yes there are, it's just that the media favors liberals and don't want comedians on air mocking them because they are sensitive snowflakes.
>>
http://therightstuff.biz/2014/11/05/republicans-are-smarter-than-democrats/
>>
>>56741888

http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/tv/la-et-ct-stephen-colbert-ratings-drop-20150910-story.html

http://www.vulture.com/2015/09/daily-show-trevor-noah-debuts-to-soft-ratings.html

Seems to me like people in general are fed up with these shitty MSNBC-tier late night hacks.
>>
>>56741888
>I AM SILLY
>smart humour

Right.
>>
>>56744265
It doesn't exactly suggest a correlation between political affiliation and intelligence.

Rather, it is more indicative of what we already know: that media has a left leaning bias.
>>
File: 2015.jpg (135 KB, 763x652) Image search: [Google]
2015.jpg
135 KB, 763x652
>>56741888
>stumped by satire
Maybe they don't want to watch an unfunny metrosexual liberal set strawmen aflame for an hour, ever considered that?
>>
Bull shit. The fuckers not funny.
That just shows how easily amused the left is.
>>
It's not because he's making fun of conservatives per se, everyone is used to the imbalance. The reason no conservatives watch is because there's never been anything this mean-spirited in mainstream late-night before. He isn't doing the character anymore but he hasn't really toned down his political segments.
>>
CBS was retarded giving him the job in the first place being known to alienate viewers.
>>
>>56743887
Not really. I like seeing other world views and having mine challenged.

Problem is, most of these preachers don't bring anything new to the table.

When almost every single of their arguments (that are actual arguments and not "hehe Trump has silly hair here's a photoshop") has already been proven false two months ago, there's not much appeal to see them recycle them.
>>
>>56745520

To further my point, see:

>>56740841

http://www.salon.com/2015/11/24/trevor_noahs_just_not_funny_the_daily_show_is_a_trainwreck_i_know_because_i_watch_for_a_living/
>>
>>56745520

MSNBC already learning. Nigger Al relegated to Sunday morning, most of the talking heads removed from their daytime programming.
>>
>>56746024

Yeah, uh, you might not want to spam your little 2015 memes when trying to make an argument, thanks.
>>
>>56742060

http://wmbriggs.com/post/5118/
>>
File: 1447848042508.jpg (59 KB, 709x648) Image search: [Google]
1447848042508.jpg
59 KB, 709x648
>>56746423
I'm not making an argument, I'm just stating plainly why conservatives aren't tuning in to that liberal circlejerk kuckfest
>>
>>56745573
This is what most political satire boils down to. the extent an issue needs to be simplified to turn it into a joke is insane, and that makes this kind of satire bad for the discourse. I honestly think that it has contributed to the massive polarization we've seen over the past few years, and it's especially funny when almost every one of Stewart's criticisms of the media apply directly o himself and his peers.

In this context smart translates to affirms my viewpoint.
>>
>>56746423
C'MON
>>
>>56746402

The day they stop pandering to the mentally ill dick tucking faggot in a dress crowd is the day they start learning.

Until then, I'm going to watch their death spiral down the drain and hope lots of liberals working there end up on welfare or suicide watch.
>>
>>56744265

It tells me that Republicans don't get comedic joy out of hearing their opinions echoed by some schmuck on a stage.
>>
>>56744265
Sam Hyde is conservative as fuck.
>>
>>56744289

See

>>56746503
>>
Stephen Colbert the actual person is an odd, isolating person regardless of his political views and shouldn't have been given the show with that lack of charisma.
>>
File: 1421621712504.png (519 KB, 661x394) Image search: [Google]
1421621712504.png
519 KB, 661x394
>>56741888
>Colbert's ratings are down. Republicans are refusing to watch him. Indeed, they are afraid to be challenged.
Y-yeah that's why no one is watching him gosh darn republicans
>>
File: trey0_2493306b.jpg (91 KB, 620x387) Image search: [Google]
trey0_2493306b.jpg
91 KB, 620x387
>>56744265
>>
File: 1246492601948.png (211 KB, 529x321) Image search: [Google]
1246492601948.png
211 KB, 529x321
>>56741888
>why aren't you tuning in to be indoctrinated you nasty republicans? Afraid to have your worldviews challenged.

>we know why! Just look at this new study. It shows smart people are all lefties, it's scientastic! You're just too stupid to Laugh at Fallon and Kimmel.
>>
>>56746024
well said canadabro
>>
> Democrats more intelligent than Republicans

Are you serious? a coalition of druggies, negroes and faggots more intelligent than a party that represents the white average?

I mean really, even Pew recognizes republicans are smarter than democrats

see: http://www.people-press.org/2011/11/07/what-the-public-knows-in-words-and-pictures/

> Republicans generally outperformed Democrats on the current quiz. On 13 out of the 19 questions, Republicans score significantly higher than Democrats and there are no questions on which Democrats did better than Republicans. In past knowledge quizzes, partisan differences have been more muted, though Republicans often have scored somewhat higher than Democrats.
>>
>>56746024

I fucking hate maple niggers. but you speak truth.
>>
Oh yeah.

The Democrats are questioning the status quo.
>>
>>56747195

That link does not support my position. Mods please remove this person's post.
>>
File: 1447513651289.jpg (25 KB, 412x620) Image search: [Google]
1447513651289.jpg
25 KB, 412x620
>>56744265
Dennis Miller has had a solid career and is conservative as it gets.
>>
>>56746208
>Not really. I like seeing other world views and having mine challenged.

We also can't forget that leftists will try to ruin the life of someone that makes statements/produces content that challenges their worldviews in ways they find unacceptable.
>>
File: the_current_year.png (39 KB, 881x206) Image search: [Google]
the_current_year.png
39 KB, 881x206
>>56746423
Oh? This is the OP's author's twitter. Apparently it is still a great argument for anything.
https://twitter.com/mcclennen65
>>
>>56741888
>It is smart humor
The Cobert Report was pretty smart for the first 2-3 years. but it went downhill a bit, and the Late Show is the furthest thing from smart humor there is.

What I liked about the Report was his character "Colbert" was smart enough to actually stump liberal guests on his show. And he himself isn't a fully left person. But the late show isn't the Report, and he's not well suited to TV when his wings are clipped. Liberal shit is the only PC crap he's allowed to say right now.
>>
>>56741888
Or, I have no interest in late night talk shows.
>>
>>56747461
>mods pls censor this I'm tryggered
>>
what would colbert's ratings be like if he had similar republican numbers to the other two? would they be comparable?
>>
File: half hour.png (109 KB, 300x225) Image search: [Google]
half hour.png
109 KB, 300x225
>>56747541
>Dennis Miller
Dennis Miller's career shit the bed the moment he started down the road of injecting his Conservative shit into his routine.

He is pretty well unemployable, and sadly for him, his "intellectual references" go right over the head of the shows like FOX News, so he can't even get traction there.

There's nothing sadder than watching Dennis appear with Conservatives and his audience waiting for the punchline of a joke that he's already completed.
>>
>>56745501
nice cherry picking:
https://www.google.pt/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=liberal%20conservative%20iq

check this out, it's an actual scientific source :^):
http://content.time.com/time/health/article/0,8599,1968042,00.html
>>
>>56744265
That intelligent conservatives are busy doing more useful things with their lives?
>captcha is liberty
>>
>>56741888
>are afraid to be challenged
By a 7/10 comedian who does nothing but ridicule the right wing?
Sure, "afraid", yea, that's why.
>>
>>56744265
Humor is the highest form of intelligence.
Liberal Humor is shit.
Unfortunately for a republican to laugh heartily all he need do is walk outside his front door and have a look around.
>>
>>56746978
They are totally the opposite of conservatives, do you even understand 1% of South Park?
not being pc =/= conservative
>>
File: Newtster.jpg (56 KB, 402x402) Image search: [Google]
Newtster.jpg
56 KB, 402x402
>>56748141
Fox's 1/2 Hour News Hour, their attempt at "we funny too" is literally like enduring dental surgery from a comedy standpoint.
They did a skit with Rush Limbaugh as President and Ann Coulter as VP and it's just hard to watch on any level.
>>
File: imstoopid.png (47 KB, 980x642) Image search: [Google]
imstoopid.png
47 KB, 980x642
>>56747195

>http://www.people-press.org/2011/11/07/what-the-public-knows-in-words-and-pictures/

sadface
>>
>>56741888
Oh, we get him.
There's just no reason to watch some Jewish faggot spew nonsense.
>>
>>56748222

You do know that democrat voter != liberal right?

http://thinkprogress.org/yglesias/2010/02/04/196046/are-african-americans-conservative-or-is-ideological-self-identification-meaningless/

Self-identification is useless.
>>
>>56748141
>>56748438
Miller was conservative his entire career. I used to watch his show on HBO throughout my teens.
He may or may not be marketable now, but any way you slice it, he was successful. He's living well off his comedy, and that's the goal..
>>
>>56744265
There's plenty, Bill Burr, James Woods, everyone in the Redneck Comedy Tour, the reason you haven't heard of them is that liberals get offended easily and can't handle the "bantz" as pol would say.
>>
File: catch em all.jpg (244 KB, 1024x750) Image search: [Google]
catch em all.jpg
244 KB, 1024x750
>>56748928
GOT EM!
>>
>>56748928

>niggers are too stupid to know what liberal/conservative means

And?
>>
>>56741888
>they are afraid to be challenged
> exposing the flaws to their logic, mocking their twisted so-called values
> significant intelligence gap

You know it's this kind of smug self congratulating stick up the ass that makes people despise liberals.
>>
>>56744265
there was patrice
>>
File: Uncle Milty.jpg (273 KB, 600x772) Image search: [Google]
Uncle Milty.jpg
273 KB, 600x772
>>56749137
Miller kept his head-on-pants Conservative power level hidden on his HBO show, which I too enjoyed watching.

When he got to the point of appearing on Fox with comedic brilliance like "That Nancy Pelosi, she's so ugly, what is up with that?", because the chucklehead on that channel actually "got" that sort of thing, I was done with him, just like the rest of the Nation.

He can't buy a chuckle at this point.
Fuck, I grew up listening to some Ted Nugent. Sadly, I grew up and Ted didn't.
>>
Liberals can't take a joke at their own expense, conservatives can laugh at themselves...this is pretty obvious to anyone who has spent anytime amongst the two groups. It's not just me, the perverted /pol/ack saying that; it's the filthy liberals of SNL.

http://www.frontpagemag.com/point/217898/saturday-night-live-we-dont-make-fun-democrats-daniel-greenfield

Imagine how well a conservative comedians career would turn out if he constantly lambasted his majority liberal audience. So of course there aren't going to be a lot of them to speak of.
>>
File: Romney3.jpg (184 KB, 1280x800) Image search: [Google]
Romney3.jpg
184 KB, 1280x800
>>56749445
>Liberals can't take a joke at their own expense, conservatives can laugh at themselves

How are things in Bizarro America? Did your first White President work out?
>>
>>56749137
Is Miller too smart for the average American? I would say so, it must be s curse
>>
>>56741888
So the real problem is that Democrats wont watch it either...
>>
>>56749445
We need another Sam Kinison.
>>
>>56749791
Or hedburg
>>
>>56749542
Thanks for proving my point.
>>
File: 1353130514701.jpg (3 KB, 126x122) Image search: [Google]
1353130514701.jpg
3 KB, 126x122
ITT: Conan fans
>>
>>56741888
Nah he is trying the same old daily show formula

This is what republicans beleive and it is stupid see? I said it was stupid and strawman strawman strawman see?
Aren't republicans stupid and are I not so clever?
>>
>>56749542
>comedian makes joke about rape/violence/abortion/feminism
>thousands of liberals demand a public apology

>comedian makes a joke about God/guns/racism/whites
>conservatives scoff and change the channel

I think we know who's uptight here.
>>
>>56744265
then you aren't from here. /pol/ is consistently the funniest thing in the world because of all the conservative comedians here
>>
>>56741888
His ratings getting shittier and sinking. Even Dems won't watch his shitheap.
>>
>>56741888
If Colbert is what you Americans deem intelligent satire, I don't have much hope for you guys. His whole shtick is not-so-subtle sarcasm and being an obnoxious cunt.
>>
>>56744265
There are plenty, but if all you do is watch jew media you won't see them.
>>
YOU KNOW THAT JESUS HELPED BUILD THE GREAT WALL OF CHINA, RIGHT?

HAHAHAHA LEL IM A DUMB REPOOBLICAN TEEHEEHEE!

What a surprise Repubs don't like him. It's like asking niggers to enjoy blackface vaudeville.
>>
>>56750022
I thought that new one with the game of thrones dude was ok
>>
>>56744265
Bill Burr is kinda OK. Rowan Atkinson is conservative as fuck, and is pretty hilarious if you've ever watched his stand up.
>>
>>56748723

I didn't know how many women justices or who the bitch in the last question was.
>>
File: image.jpg (41 KB, 204x204) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
41 KB, 204x204
>>
File: 1269244649019.jpg (16 KB, 320x320) Image search: [Google]
1269244649019.jpg
16 KB, 320x320
>mocking their twisted so-called values
>>
File: 1431546367949.jpg (34 KB, 720x720) Image search: [Google]
1431546367949.jpg
34 KB, 720x720
>>56747633
CURRENT YEAR REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>56744265

Nick Dipaolo
>>
>>56744265

But liberals, especially in the last few years, have become massive lolcows. The problem is that we can't mock them in public because that would be un-PC.
Liberal shenanigans, especially that of the SJW variety, is absolutely hilarious.
>>
>>56749432
>>56751530
>>56745037
all great comedians and some of my favorite of all time. I liked them even when I was still bluepilled
>>
>>56749791

As much as this world needs another Sam Kinison or George Carlin, the world couldn't handle a them anymore, because people can't laugh at themselves anymore.

I hearken back a few months ago when even a milquetoast old hat like Jerry Seinfeld said that college campus crowds are too hostile an environment to outside ideas and comedic self-reflection to play gigs at anymore.
>>
>>56741888
>blaming Republicans
It's funny because his humor is garbage in its purest form and appeals to liberal teenagers in high school, and none of them watch late night programming just video games and twitch
>>
>>56742302
is this a meme, or does no one on this fucking site know what New Zealand is?
>>
http://nypost.com/2015/11/21/colberts-late-show-has-become-propaganda-for-democrats/

>liberal guest
>hey let's have a friendly chat where I nod and agree and you basically get t advertise yourself to the world :^)
>conservative guest
>ATTACK ATTACK ATTACK NO NO LET'S TALK ABOUT THIS DUMB POINT IM PRESSING ATTACK ATTACK oh it was lovely having you here now go pls

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dKxXtOyMmYc
>>
>>56741888
Republicans are just too stupid to understand humour
>>
>>56746024
This. Its not satire. Satire would be pointing out flaws in logic and showing someone as ridiculous or funny.

Half of these liberal comedic newscasters just say "hurr aren't Republicans so dumb for believing in the founding principles of this country and not blindly following the latest trends hurrdurr".

There is no joke. The "joke" is just calling conservatives dumb, and liberals laughing while smelling their own farts.

"Hurr, they aren't in favor of gun control after a shooting, aren't they stupid?"

"Hurr, they believe genderfluid asexuals don't deserve special privileges, aren't they stupid?"

"Hurr hurr hurr hurr hurr hurr hurr"

Its like shut up you stupid nigger you're not funny. Tell a joke, show some insight, say something worthwhile. It pissed me off for years that out of the two main comedic newscasters on Comedy Central, we have Jon Stewart, a Leftist, and Stephen Colbert, a leftist pretending to be the Right, and that was balanced coverage. Its fucking ridiculous.
>>
>>56753076
Nice try, faggot
>>
>>56746423
We triggered him guys. We did it!
>>
>>56741888
>Republicans Just Don’t Get Stephen Colbert
Oh, I "get" him, I just don't see why I should waste my free time being insulted by an asshole when I could be doing anything else.

FFS, they can't even write an article about it without being insulting.
>>
>>56753014

>people boo and hiss at democracy

No wonder nobody watches this fucking show. This audience is disgusting. If it was just two people talking at a table it would be improved, because this audience and their reactions are absolutely nasty, sneering jerks.
>>
>>56744265
>>56742060

Of course there are, they're just low key rather than obnoxious talkshow hosts.

Mike Judge is a conservative comedian. Ever noticed all the subtle lampooning of liberal archetypes in King of the Hill? It's a stark contrast to, say, Seth MacFarlane.
>>
>>56748368
I'm pretty sure they're libertarians. Hence why they make fun of both sides of the aisle
>>
>>56746328
>http://www.salon.com/2015/11/24/trevor_noahs_just_not_funny_the_daily_show_is_a_trainwreck_i_know_because_i_watch_for_a_living/
Daily show has always been shit but he brings it to a new level. It feels scripted as fuck and is just him, the "non-american immigrant but clearly is a source of reason because he's not american and can see from a different point of view" shilling his overlord's shit, I can't even tell if he's trying even or not.
>>
>>56741888
OP's too stupid to realize that people are tuning out because he stopped doing satire
>>
>why won't republicans watch left wing comedians?!
>becuz their dumb LOL!

What the fuck happened to the left to make them like this?
>>
>>56741888
Annnd how many losers watch these shitty programs?
>>
>>56741888
Why did he take a job where they need a republican then?
>>
>>56744141
>I've never watched Colbert in my life
>>
>>56747195
>I mean really
I MEAN COME ON
>>
>>56747461
Please present minority status identification that is provided by the Truth and Reconciliation Bureau and your request will be processed within five to seven business weeks.
>>
>>56744684

Your last paragraph is total bullshit you fedora tipping cocksucker
>>
>>56748368
They have publicly referred to themselves as "libertarian".
>>
>>56752770
What the fuck is New Zealand?
>>
>>56744356
Triggered
>>
Stewart had O'Reilly and didn't even read his book.

Does he do that often?
>>
>>56749636
>too smart for the average person

No, the problem is that Hollywood is run by leftists. They absolutely hate someone intelligent challenging their views. On a side note, he has a very successful radio show that airs nightly.
>>
>>56748368
There's literally a fucking term "South Park Republican"
>>
there are no conservative comedians
just like there are no afghan comedians
or no syrian comedians
or no iraqi comedians
or no saudi comedians
or no libyan comedians
or no chechnyan comedians

theres a reason why that happens

its called being a humourless cunt
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7iPaiylUYW0

Banter from the house of commons
>>
>>56741888
>intelligence gap

>not mentioning that libertarians scored higher than liberals who were closer to conservatives
>>
>>56748438
Red Eye was pretty funny when Gutfeld hosted.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qFPtUulyj-k

best conservative comedian i know

cant handle this banter
>>
>>56746423

yeah, uh, you might not want to talk like this is you don't want people to mistake you for a guy that takes sperm into his asshole on a daily basis, thanks.
>>
>>56742765
>>about to be pulled off the air
You have no idea how true this is
>>
>>56760017

Miller?

I thought his radio show ended after his last three year contract expired. Or did he get a new one or an extension?

That was a funny fucking show though. I remember him going on about a storm that passed through and a bathroom window broke and palm tree leaves ended up in the toilet and in the bathroom. And this random caller calls in says "Eh, Dennis, with fronds like these, who needs enemas?" I had to pull over I was laughing so hard.
>>
>>56749444

In other words, you don't like him now because he espouses views you're not comfortable with. Just say that instead of "he's not funny anymore!" because that's bullshit his style hasn't changed and in my opinion, he's never been funny.
>>
>>56741888
I love the left. Your show is dying because Republicans won't watch it so you write a rant on how it must be because Republicans are retards. It couldn't possibly be that they don't want to watch whiny cunts on tv. I'm on the left and I liked the daily show but Jon Oliver and Colbert have always been obnoxious as shit to me. Nothing they have done is original.
>>
>>56760224

This is like Jerry Springer for people who can count higher than the number of fingers they still have.
>>
>>56760681
Someones a retard

another republican i bet
>>
>>56755907
I haven't watched it since he's been on, what does he do different than Stewart?
>>
>>56759268

How dare you rapesume that I'm not a victim you cis white male oppressor?
>>
>>56741888
>It is smart humor
this is what triggers me the most desu: colbert is anything but intelligent. maybe he's not as dumb as his comedy comes across but the jokes are on the nose 24/7. not saying anyone else is any better but it says a lot about anyone who thinks the humor is smart by any means. most liberals come across as sheeps who think they've found enlightenment in this regard
>>
File: 1445953389007-1.png (56 KB, 960x720) Image search: [Google]
1445953389007-1.png
56 KB, 960x720
>>56741888
Only college liberals think someone being ironic is the high brow comedy

But just for the sake of triggering people, here's Colbert with Anita

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9L_Wmeg7OTU
>>
>>56742060
>intelligent
>watching talks shows
Nah. Intelligent people read books and tend to their hobbies.
>>
>>56760845

Be black, be not-American, be considerably less funny.

How many foreigners are actually successful in late night television? I don't exactly have a list of how many have been thrown into the crucible, but the only one I can think of off the top of my head that's been doing well has been Craig Ferguson, and perhaps -non-coincidentally- it's because he's the only one who doesn't spend his time shit talking his audience.
>>
>>56742371
This. Have you guys even seen the show? Here is a summary of every show.
> Boring Monologue
> Product Placement
> Interview guest that is not a politician
> Did you guys here about Trump?
> Product Placement
> Interview politician (if non liberal, have audience boo sign ready)
> Did somebody say Trump?
> Hipster appeal here (Star Wars usually)
> Seemingly original skit. Turns out to be product placement.
> End

Reddit: Wow such intelligence by Stephen. He agrees with all I think and clearly is a smart man. Evil republicans. Feel the Bern...(I hate my life)

It was enteraining at first, now it is just bland. The whole show feels like it literally targets reddit.
>>
>>56742765
>56742765
>tries to stump the trump
>gets the worst ratings of all time

And you know what's hilarious?
I invite everyone to take a look and make sure Late Show with Stephen Colbert is ordered by popularity

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMtFAi84ehTSYSE9XoHefig/videos?view=0&sort=p&flow=grid

and spot the most popular video. Trump plays the media like a fiddle

>>56742825
>Only time I watched him was when Trump was on.
Case in point
>>
>>56761080
The Truth and Reconciliation Bureau prides itself on its majority minority status thus cannot come from a place of power and thus we cannot rapesume you. We apologize for triggering you, though, and will present you with gold account membership to the next state sponsored White Man Pillory event in the diversity commune you reside in. Have a oppression free day, citizen :^)
>>
>>56743887
Of course they don't want to fucking watch something that constantly opposes their views. You know why? Because it's another political talk show that focuses on satire and picks one side to constantly shit on. It's not a show where you get to have meaningful debates between two opposing parties, it's a show where some self-righteous cock head craps all over the side he's chosen to pick on. You wouldn't want to watch a show that makes you stand your beliefs look retarded. It's completely understandable.

I like having my views challenged, but in a respectful level headed way. Not in a "look how fucking clever I am" way.
>>
>>56760224
This is how I think the American senate should be. Just throw a hundred people in a room and let the dank bantz roll.
>>
>>56746992

OH NICE AND CHUBBY BABY
>>
>>56761902

>Senate
>couple hundred

Come on now, this is the basic stuff!
>>
File: pistol_m1911_700_061.jpg (61 KB, 504x365) Image search: [Google]
pistol_m1911_700_061.jpg
61 KB, 504x365
>>56744265
Humor is a coping mechanism. Left-wing ideas literally flow from a lack of self-esteem and a sense of disempowerment, which causes depression. Everyone knows that comedians are all hugely depressed. Thus, they develop strong senses of humor to compensate for their inner pain.

Conservatives are the opposite. A sense of self-esteem and a sense of personal empowerment naturally results in a love of order, stability, and tradition, because the world seems to "work" for you, and so you see no reason to tear it down and ruin it. Conservatives don't become comedians because they're too busy doing actual work. They don't have a rotting vacuous pit in their hearts that needs to be filled with shrill, hysterical laughter.

Intelligence has nothing to do with it. Colbert is not an intelligent comedian.

Colbert is is a propagandist. He's made a career of using humor and satire to convey his hatred of conservatives and conservative ideas, and now that the conservatives have caught on and rightly told him to piss off, he's going full damage control.

Good. See you in hell, faggot. You were never funny.
>>
>>56762698
but where will Tumblr get their wacky gifs about wacky Conservatives now?

Are you saying they have to think for themselves? Might as well end it right there
>>
>>56759985

Hosts don't read a book daily. They skim the chapter headings and maybe the last few pages, plus whatever notes were forwarded to them. If it's someone like O'Reilly, who isn't going to just sit there and read the back of the cover (and you're also on good terms with them), you drop the "I loved your book" pretense and shoot the shit.
>>
>>56742878
>I really hope they make the show unprofitable and force it to be cancelled
>I really hope they keep ostracizing half of their viewerbase and destroying ratings just so I can keep my own little echo chamber
>>
>>56741888
Sometimes political satire is more politics than satire. it's not funny, it's not entertainment, and it's not relevant.
>>
>>56761316
>intelligent
>watching the brainwashing box

The Jew understands.
>>
>>56744684
Sounds like the crazies are growing and the Republicans are stuck with them, they are their core voters. If anything it is their own fault by filling their heads with loads of bullshit to keep them as Republican voters as there is no way Democrats can appeal to the madness.

They have completely fucked themselves though as the candidates have to appeal to these crazy people which means they act one way to win the nomination and then act a completely different way to try and win the general. Just as you saw with Mitt Romney, he was like a political transformer.
>>
TWENTY
>>
>>56746423
Johnny Oliver on suicide watch
>>
The left are in the strange delusion that they aren't the majority. You see this especially in Europe, people like ANTIFA think they are noble rebels against the state when in fact they are an instrument of state power, even receiving funding from governments.
>>
>>56741888
the Colbert report was suppose to be a parody
but as it turns out in his late show he just became the character
>>
File: dem-vs-pub.png (94 KB, 1095x598) Image search: [Google]
dem-vs-pub.png
94 KB, 1095x598
>>56744265

https://www.reddit.com/r/PoliticalDiscussion/comments/3s9sav/why_are_there_no_conservative_versions_of/
>>
>>56764996
FIFTEEN
>>
>>56767014

>people actually believe that line of thought
>>
>>56767346

Is it wrong?
>>
>>56767014
>There are certainly crazies on the far left [but Bernie Sanders doesn't count for some reason]
>>
>>56748368

>South Park Republican

>Fellow co-creator Matt Stone sums up their views with the comment, "I hate conservatives, but I really fucking hate liberals."
>>
>Recent studies have suggested that there is a significant intelligence gap between Democrats and Republicans. It is smart humor and it is a sort of humor one never sees on Fallon or Kimmel.

Only liberals would be so fucking stupid to slander an audience in an attempt at damage control
>>
It's because he isn't a good host. Nobody wants to watch him be himself. He was much better on the Colbert Report. Just like the Daily Show has lost shitloads of viewership. His new material is just unfunny and he doesn't have serious journalistic chops as an interviewer either.
>>
>>56767558
>only leftists are idealists
lol

>Conservatives tend to be comfortable with the status quo
People don't know the difference between "conservative" and "reactionary" anymore. Conservatism is for the status quo, reactionaries want it "to be like it used to be."

Most conservatives are classical liberals, but our current status quo is no longer that. So "conservatives" in this sense are actually reactionaries.

>1 and 2
It's more about hollywood being a left-wing circlejerk. People who are conservative tend to "hide their powerlevels" when starting out and only after they've gotten a significant amount of success will they consider even mentioning a political opinion.
>3
Apparently if republicans made comedy they'd only be able to make fun of minorities and poor people, and that'd be considered too offensive. Apparently wealthy white democrats don't exist.
>4
Oh, so Bernie Sanders, the left's Ron Paul, doesn't exist? And don't even get me started on Joe Biden
>5
Baseless assumption
>>
>>56741888
>Colbert's ratings are down.
People are refusing to watch him not just evil bogeyman republicans. I've never seen this Jew and never will, but I'm sure he sucks and is unfunny because he is a talk show host. Why are people still watching talk show shit is the real question.
>>
What makes liberals think they're intelligent? FFS these are the people who believe that objects are 'sexed' and that your gender is whatever you feel like. Not to mention have an even less logically defensible position on evolution than young earthers.
>>
>>56767558

Yes and very proud of how closeminded it is.

The first point is at complete contrast with current affairs as conservatives are much very against the statis quo and are skeptic and scornful of modern liberals and progressism.

The second post is outright closeminded, self back patting.

Their first point is partially true.
The second is just retarded. "Comedy tends to be popular with young people." Seriously? Is the argument that with age you lose your sense of humor, or is it that with age your sense of humor changes with your ideology and we already know how comedy favors liberal talking points, which is also typical of youth.
The third point is also a political talking point about how evil and mean conservatives are. Making fun of feminists, hippies, and other radicals of that nature are the first things that come to mind that don't assume Conservatives are the evil jerks of the world. Bill Burr, despite how liberal he is, is a great example of how "conservative" comedy works without alienating the "poor, minorities, and the disenfranchised"
The fourth point is purposely ignoring ridiculous politicians like Bernie Sanders and Killery Clintion. Muh free everything and comic book villain level lizard woman.
The fifth point is just plainly disingenuous.

Pretty much the entire thing is trying to paint conservatives as politic centric assholes and ignore the exact same quality in liberal comedians.
>>
>>56761403
I've heard nothing from him about Bernie other than he's an insane communist. The only politician I've ever heard Colbert mention liking is Ron Paul.
>>
>>56753935
idiocracy was not serious satire anon
>>
I'm pretty sure Colbert is a fairly devout Catholic, so I doubt he'd really be that much of a "degenerate ally" despite /pol/'s constant "us vs. them" mentality.
>>
>>56741888
His show fucking sucks. I even called him out on it during his first week! He basically brought his comedy central show to cbs. The format doesn't mash well with late night.
>>
>>56753935
>mike judge
>conservative
top kek
>>
File: 1426582609669.jpg (19 KB, 276x300) Image search: [Google]
1426582609669.jpg
19 KB, 276x300
>>56741888
>Republicans Just Don’t Get Stephen Colbert
>Repubs are not intelligent enough to understand his shitty grade school jokes
>mfw it has nothing to do with the fact that it's obvious leftist propaganda
>>
>>56744141
Letterman was the last of the conversationalists. Craig was also great at taking to people and making the interview less about the product and more about the person.
>>
File: Untitled.png (353 KB, 661x767) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
353 KB, 661x767
I mean

COME ON
>>
>>56741888
>So why don’t Republicans like him?
Because he's a liberal shill?
Even Catholics don't think much of him.
Thread replies: 212
Thread images: 32

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.