[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
This is gonna sound kind of stupid, but I want to learn more
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 5
File: Bosnian rainbows.jpg (308 KB, 1000x667) Image search: [Google]
Bosnian rainbows.jpg
308 KB, 1000x667
This is gonna sound kind of stupid, but I want to learn more about politics because many of my favorite musicians are political. Pic related; the band Bosnian Rainbows. It occurs to me I know nothing about Bosnia or even where it is on a map. Does anyone know of good documentaries on it?
>>
I'm sure they're liberal, which isn't what you should be.
>>
>>56732903
Are you joking? Or are you actually mentally retarded?
>>
>>56732997
uh, I'm not joking.

>>56732991
I guess they are liberal, but I want to understand their views because their art means a lot to me. I know they are feminists and they have some new ideas about it, but I can't find anywhere what they are specifically, and I don't know anything about Bosnia.

I know their guitarist is friends with John Frusciante, who made music to support All Lives Matter, so they can't be that liberal right?
>>
>>56733503
Becoming political because of your idols is ludicrous.
>>
File: 1447963618502.png (36 KB, 153x215) Image search: [Google]
1447963618502.png
36 KB, 153x215
Muslim slavs desu senpai. Smell bad, but work just as hard as any typical american.

Some of their women look really good from teens to mid 20s, then it's all down hill from there.

Knew a bunch of em in Upstate NY growing up and even dated one for a few years. Pretty easy to get along with for the most part. Aside from that nothing much else to report.

Did I mention they smell bad?
>>
>>56732903
>>
>>56733503
Today's feminism is a lot different from what it was 100 years ago; there is too much decadence and political correctness in that movement today. Feminism is to strive for the equal rights of men, that is all.

Judging by pic related id say they do a lot of drugs too?
>>
>>56734203
>Feminism is to strive for the equal rights of men,
bit of a typo but I get what you mean.

Idk what they specifically think about feminism, but my understanding is that they are critical of current and past forms of it and want to make a new thing.

Also they probably do do drugs but definitely not as much as they used to.Guitarist used to be addicted to heroin but that was a long time ago now.

>>56733642
why >>56733642
s it bad? I just wanna learn more.
>>
>>56732903
tl;dr a bunch of shitskins who think their 5 square miles of barren land is really REALLY important, but 1/3 of them are catholics (croats) 1/3 are orthodox (serb) and 1/3 are muslim (bosniak).

The rest of the world gives literally zero shits about them, their useless lands, or their backwards culture.
>>
Musicians are good at performance or song construction, not academics. You get the occasional high minded intellectual strumming a guitar, but generally speaking, these people have very safe, comfortable, and pedestrian opinions and rather lacking educations on issues, but will make art that is "emotionally charged", creating a false sense of depth. These people are good at song craft and eliciting an emotional response first and foremost. A deep rational message, based on facts and evidence and a clear study of history and evidence, is probably not included.
>>
>>56735021
if you ask me a musician that travels the world likely has more qualifications to talk about politics than most of the population here that learns politics by traveling the internet.
>>
File: 1335450979561.jpg (14 KB, 134x153) Image search: [Google]
1335450979561.jpg
14 KB, 134x153
>>56735628
Because surely, the musicians have a lot of contact with national politics of the different countries they tour in and it's part of their interests...
>>
>>56734203
Dear Modern Feminist:
http://pastebin.com/btj7r3jT
>>
>>56735931
no, because they had the intelligence and work ethic to become successful in a highly competitive field while 4chan users only have shitposts and dank memes to certify their intelligence.
>>
>>56732903
Is that Andy Kaufman on guitar?
>>
>>56737075
Kek, what does that have to do with politics? Any random faggot with a talent and practice can play an instrument, but it doesn't make him an expert on politics. And even though a lot of musicians and other (semi)famous people are very loud about their political beliefs, it doesn't make them any more knowledgeable on the topic.
>>
>>56737368
>Any random faggot with a talent and practice can play an instrument,
that doesn't mean they will be successful

Literally anyone can post on pol, you don't even need to know how to use a toilet to post here, so if you come here an read what people say how does that make you better than someone who listens to what a successful musician has to say?
>>
File: FAP_MATERIAL.jpg (56 KB, 630x359) Image search: [Google]
FAP_MATERIAL.jpg
56 KB, 630x359
>>56732903

>Bosnian band

Kek.
>>
>>56738196
>implying I don't read books and the papers, watch the news and read news online and come on 4chan to shitpost and laught at autism

Besides, my studies have to do with politics.
>>
>>56738752
you unsubstantiated appeal to authority doesn't invalidate my point. Omar Rodriguez Lopez has been doing political activism since before you got boners and you are still a shit poster. He's more qualified than you are.
>>
>>56738322
Good job with that srebenica thing btw, Serbia.
>>
>>56739697
>political activism

Like what? Enlighten me, I looked him up and found nothing.
>>
>>56740027
this post makes me think there is sometimes something there when people say 'its 2015.' because I really can imagine what someone who posts this in 2015 is thinking. They are posting something so completely redundant that there are literally thousands of posts identical to it. It's just so pointless and meaningless.

>>56740210
it's not like it's his main gig or anything. I'm kind of a super-fan so I've gone through all the obscure stuff. Back when he was in At the drive-in they made a music video advocating for women who suffered abuse in this area of mexico and stuff and they ran into problems cause the MTV executives didn't think it was the kind of sexy hip product they wanted. He origins are making punk music and there's always been a political aspect to a lot of his shit. I could probably tell you more if I spoke Spanish of knew more about it in general.

I made this thread cause I know there are large gaps in my knowledge. I know it's silly and stuff. I'm not a dummy who is does whatever my idols think. I'm just interested in it.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.