[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Colorado College students expelled for posting South Park reference
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (377 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
377 KB, 1920x1080
So is merely even showing this picture or saying the word nigger to discuss it now a crime?

>Colorado College students apparently have been suspended or expelled over racist comments made in recent weeks on the anonymous smartphone app Yik Yak.

>The expelled students posted a controversial reference to the television show "South Park," according to threads on Yik Yak and other students. The expelled students reportedly have appealed the administration's decision, said a student who asked to not be identified.

>The expelled students allegedly are linked to a post referring to the 2007 season opener of "South Park," an animated adult television series based in fictional South Park.

>Titled, "With Apologies to Jesse Jackson," the episode features the character Randy appearing on the "Wheel of Fortune" game show. During a bonus round puzzle, which has the category "People Who Annoy You," the puzzle board shows the letters "N_GGERS" as the solution. The students' post captured a screenshot of that image. In the show, Randy answers the "N" word. The actual answer is revealed as "NAGGERS."

http://m.gazette.com/sources-colorado-college-students-expelled-for-posting-south-park-reference-on-yik-yak/article/1564265
>>
>Those "Nigger Kids"
>>
yik yak has been a sjw stinkhole since day 1

but people who post things on there thinking they're anonymous, when you have to confirm your account with your phone number, are straight up retarded
>>
>>56724917
What is Yik Yak even?
People here don't use it as far as I know
>>
>>56725055
You are correct. Peoples livelihoods are subject to their opinions and speech they put into the public sphere. But posting this reference to South Park was enough to trigger people and get them punished by the school?
>>
>>56725055
It doesn't matter, freedom of speech is more important than college.
>>
>>56725276
I'm not seeing any direct quotes anywhere, only that there was a reference to the episode involved and that their friends said something like 'it wasnt so bad'.

>>56725286
private school, if it's in the code of conduct they cuct themselves
>>
>>56725209
It's like a location aware pseudo-anonymous reddit where anything with more than 5 downvotes gets deleted. The only posts you see are within a 5 mile radius or something like that. Not sure about other parts of the country but here in boston it's the embodiment of what 4channers accuse reddit of being.

I highly recommend checking it out because it's the closest thing there is to /b/ for normies. even though i hate that word.
>>
File: image.jpg (104 KB, 554x1028) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
104 KB, 554x1028
>>56725689
It seems like due to the semi-autonomous trolling environment that yik yak is, there was a knee jerk reaction to punish the students who reposted something from a cartoon that is on national tv.

I wonder, does the school censor out Comedy Central from the campus to ensure this episode is never seen by fragile students?
>>
>>56726378
This is really the point. Censorship of cable-TV tier standards at a place of learning.
>>
>>56725055
What are fake phone #'s and emails?
>>
>>56724917

So who was it that found out who they were and reported it to the college? Private no-lifes, or investigators working for the school or what?
>>
>>56726378

You're kind of making a big leap there

The joke would have never been allowed on TV in the first place if it wasn't in the context of that episode, which revolved around the whole news cycle with these things.

It really depends on what was posted and there's no sense in reacting to this story until some facts come out

I personally believe people should be allowed to post whatever the fuck they want but that's beside the point

>>56726710
I'm not saying it's impossible or even hard. You can't enter 555-1234 though because you have to enter a verification code that's sent to the number. Obviously there are numerous other ways but that's not my point. The app claims it's anonymous and 99% of the kids that download it simply do not understand that it actually isn't.

>>56727012
Yik yak seems like they're pretty quick to comply with information requests.
>>
>>56726378
GOD DAMN I WANT THAT CAPCHA
>>
>>56726378
COME ON BABY LETS GO CAPCHA
>>
The answer was actually NAGGERS so in effect he can sue for wrongful expulsion.
>>
File: image.jpg (114 KB, 1252x1252) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
114 KB, 1252x1252
>at a University
>a place where you are supposed to have freedom of ideas
>two students get expelled for posting something aired on cable fucking tv

Where were you when free speech died
>>
>>56724917
>CC, a private liberal arts college.
No one can hurt me in my safe space~
>>
>>56724917

pretty ironic considering how that episode played out
>>
>>56724917
>2007
Holy shit I thought that was within the past few seasons
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.