[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Make america kek again
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 7
When was America great exactly ?

This is not some kind of bant trying to say the USA were never great, they clearly were, but what time exactly your average Trump supporter is pinpointing when he's talking about "Making American great AGAIN" ? When exactly is supposed to be the perfect time and role model for Trump new era ?

Please answer.

Also why the five stars ? It's everywhere. Is Trump an hotel or something ?
>>
>>56716287
stop questioning my feel good propaganda
>>
ending all the absolutely retarded policies driven by foreigners, lobbyists, communists, etc
>>
>>56716381
Hi. I'm Canadian. I don't read questions before answering them.
>>
>>56716330
I'm starting to think that's what it is. Even Trump himself wouldn't be able to answer this because it would mean endorsing a president and a line of actions... and he clearly doesn't want to do that because as soon as he details his political vision, people will be able to tell him exactly why he's wrong.
>>
>>56716753
He's given opinions on some of the most important issues
Deport the illegals & anchor babies
Fix economy
Slash regulation
Fix taxes
Bomb the shit out of muslims
etc
>>
Ask a real question on /pol/. Get no answer.

Maybe I should trying to say Trump is a nazi, walls never going to be built and wouldn't work anyway, asian immigration is much more dangerous on the long term than mexican immigration and women should rule the world. Also a cute politician girl as pic. Can I get answers now ?
>>
>>56716287
1950's when the country was objectively doing the best on a world stage.
>>
>>56716753
Remember hope and change

kek
>>
File: 1446970244357.png (144 KB, 400x322) Image search: [Google]
1446970244357.png
144 KB, 400x322
>>56716287
>>
>>56717127
opinions, not ideas, no laws, no course of actions.

>>56717195
So... FDR, Trueman and Eisenhower ?
>>
>>56716287
End of WW2-civil rights movement
>>
File: 1193614495025.jpg (290 KB, 1024x755) Image search: [Google]
1193614495025.jpg
290 KB, 1024x755
>>56716287
obviously he means the 1980s-90s
when not only America, but the world was great
>>
>>56717370
So the period of time with the highest taxation rates, heavy administrative control and huge help effort to foreign countries ?
>>
1950-1985
>>
>>56717508
Clinton and Bush sr. ?
>>
>>56717570
Reagan is the end of America being great ?
>>
>>56717334
Eisenhower for sure he did initiated operation wet back m8
>>
>>56717666
Amnesty yes.
>>
>>56717719
Somehow I don't see Trump being able to say so. Especially during a Republican Debate probably happening in Reagan toilets or something.
>>
>>56716287
Depends what you mean by great. The 1800s saw industrialisation in a scale never seen before without a dictator. This era was full if muh freedoms too. USA probably started dying after ww1 I'd say
>>
>>56717799
He does not have to say this m8 I was responding to another post,trump is talking about way before him think Eisenhower and operation wet back
>>
>>56717807
>USA probably started dying after ww1 I'd say
That would be Europe. Before ww1, the USA were NOT seen as the strongest country, not even one of the top contenders.
>>
>>56717882
Well, when you're talking about making USA great again, you have to explain what made it NOT great in the first place.
>>
>>56717807
Actually it was probably after 1913 when the fed reserve came about that was the beginning if the end, that's when the path to stupid money got going I'd say. It seems from this point onwards federalism started to get stronger and stronger
>>
>>56717601
Reagan. Bush. Clinton.
>>
File: 1443053241327.png (731 KB, 754x733) Image search: [Google]
1443053241327.png
731 KB, 754x733
the 60's were the end of America being great

Post 1995 the country went into a big time decline and never recovered, economically or culturally.
>>
>>56717921
You asked when was usa great not strong.
>>
>>56717508
90s is when the world started to go shit. He's referring to the Reagan period like every other con.
>>
>>56718096
true but somehow I think it means the same for Trump

>>56718035
Well this guy >>56717882 think reagan ended it
>>
>>56717986
Liberalism/weakness globalization over nationalism and politically correctness he goes over this quite a few times.
>>
>>56716287
>When exactly is supposed to be the perfect time and role model for Trump new era ?

The era before Bush 2 when the world didn't hate the fuck out of us.
>>
>>56718195
I never said he did I said he is a part of it I was referring to a post form two other anon use the site id's m8
>>
>>56718042
>tfw born in 1995
>>
File: 1440794681982.jpg (130 KB, 665x668) Image search: [Google]
1440794681982.jpg
130 KB, 665x668
The 60's were the beginning of social justice warrior bullshit. The "baby boomer" generation was the first generation raised on TV; completely and totally produced by kikes.

This is where you had niggers invading schools and holding people hostage, civil rights laws, the immigration laws were passed, etc.

I'd say that was fucking up the country until 1995 when Clinton was president. That's when MTV really hit its stride and NAFTA was passed.

It was all downhill from there at turbo speed.
>>
>>56716287
America pre-1965
>>
>>
>>56716287
pre-1912
>non-interventionist
>income tax was considered unconstitutional
>no Federal Reserve
This was the greatest period of economic growth for any country in the history of mankind, and we went from colony to wealthiest country in the world in record time.

pre-Civil War
>no central bank
>state rights were respected
>>
File: 1448352955911.jpg (226 KB, 777x1000) Image search: [Google]
1448352955911.jpg
226 KB, 777x1000
>>56716287
The five stars are probably something to do with the fact that he is a real-estate mogul, yes.

The USA was great, I'm not going to sit here and explain to you, a kek who lets muslims fuck his daughter and doubles down on refugees after he gets bombed.

Around the 60's is where things fell apart, with the immigration act of 1964, radical femenism in the 70's, and a whole slew of political corruption by jews and other greedy cretin from that point foward.

Read a history book instead of make these stupid uneducated "HUURR TELL ME ANSWERS" Posts on a taiwanese knitting forum.
>>
>>56716287
It's playing Reagan's tune. America runs on motivation and unchecked ambition promoting a huge work ethic. It's a frontier attitude that all problems are just temporary and can be fixed with a little more work, the "can do" spirit. Regulations and laws and the economic slowdowns that are associated or draw attention to them dampen this will and make America seem like just any old place. This is what was happening in the 70s with the oil crisis, Vietnam, Nixon being a criminal, the Iran embassy and the Carter presidency with stagflation, crime and rioting in the cities, etc. For most people in the 1970s everything was perfectly fine but the zeitgeist was that everything was going to shit and nothing could be done about it. Reagan came around and just acted like America was the greatest goddamn thing that ever happened on planet Earth and everyone got back to work.

It really has nothing to do with what America is doing or does or whatever, it's about what Americans are and what drives Americans to do what they do. America was empty woodlands when it was colonies and just after the revolution, but it was fucking great. America suffered through civil war and economic depressions in the 1800s, but it was fucking great, because our destiny was in our hands. Americans lived in little huts with tin roofs or in wagons or whatever during westward expansion, but it was fucking great, because they were in control of their lives. America got pulled into two world wars and it was awful, but it was fucking great because it just gave us more opportunities. All of these eras had terrible shit happening and things that were clearly not great. It doesn't matter what's actually happening, what matters is what we can make happen.

This is part of the reason Obama seems like such a fuckwad to everybody, he's an equivocating douche who is apologetic and pandering at every opportunity.

>>56718342
confirmed for this guy causing all of America's problems
that or newt gingrich
>>
I think it's more about attitude than materialism or accomplishments.

America, in fact all western nations are in the throes of an identity crises where only subversive narratives are allowed to exist in the media. Our culture of self-criticism has reached an absurd level where we ignore facts and change history to undermine our own culture. The moral authority of our culture has been ignored in favor of moral relativism.

It's not just about America, France. You will become great again as well.
>>
>>56719002
>Around the 60's is where things fell apart
more like the 30's and FDR

It's only good because it's a symptom of WW2 propaganda and muh greatest generation
>>
Probably during the industrial revolution and right after ww2 before the whole civil rights garbage.
>>
>>56721975
Not AFTER WW2
WW2 is the whole problem in and of itself
A grand war alongside communists against "evil nazi racists/evil imperialist japanese"
Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.