[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why do Americlaps still use the penny? I mean come on. Its 2015
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4
File: penniesFI.jpg (70 KB, 700x400) Image search: [Google]
penniesFI.jpg
70 KB, 700x400
Why do Americlaps still use the penny?
I mean come on. Its 2015
>>
File: oliv.jpg (161 KB, 540x1296) Image search: [Google]
oliv.jpg
161 KB, 540x1296
>>56715518
>>
>>56715518

he actually made a good point in that segment, it costs 1.7 cents to manufacture a penny
>>
>>56715518
There must be at least a dozen documentaries about the penny.

It's 2015 and he already ran out of ideas for new topics?
>>
>>56715518

'Merican here. I think it's stupid too.
>>
File: JSxDpd0.jpg (109 KB, 1224x1632) Image search: [Google]
JSxDpd0.jpg
109 KB, 1224x1632
>>56715518
Shut the fuck up you dirty goy.
>>
>>56715518

Those teeth look good for chewing apart logs and underbrush to dam up the rivers of injustice
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FffTJk-gFKc
>>
File: image.png (272 KB, 1746x702) Image search: [Google]
image.png
272 KB, 1746x702
>>56715518
I don't understand either
Doesn't it also cost like a cent and a half to make one penny
>>
>>56715722

And they will be worth a whole lot more that that once they abolish them from circulation.
>>
>>56715518
Actually, this is something I can get behind.

I'm fine with pennies going away.
>>
>>56716597

I think most people would be fine with it, but it's not like flipping a switch, there are a lot of laws that need to be changed, government contracts that need to be renegotiated, and some portion of the population would want to make a big deal out of it for no reason.

There are bigger problems congress needs to address than the penny situation right now.

Like ISIS.

It's a stupid thing to care about regardless of the current year.
>>
>>56716263
>Cost of producing hard currency
>less than 5% of ALL currency
Look it up, most US currency is digital...

We have bigger issues than than...........
Pennies............
>>
the biggest problem I could envision is what would happen to all the producers whos raw materials needed for production may cost less than 5 cents a piece
>>
We're phasing it out. All transactions are rounded to the nearest 5 cents.
>>
>>56715654
dem british TEEF
>>
>>56715518
cut something that costs 1.99$ is just about 1$ and not 2, it starts with the number 1, u know?

and yes, that actually works in the USA
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.