[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do people vote in your country? The HUEland government always
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 9
File: Urna_eletrônica.jpg (295 KB, 1999x1311) Image search: [Google]
Urna_eletrônica.jpg
295 KB, 1999x1311
How do people vote in your country?

The HUEland government always boasts that Brazil has the most advanced and secure voting system in the world (pic related).

I refuse to believe that's true. Please tell me it isn't.
>>
We use a pencil and paper
>>
>using electronic voting
What the fuck is wrong with your country, Brazil?
Pencil and paper is the way to go
>>
>>56708358
>>56708406

I agree. I hear most first world countries use pen and paper.

They say electronic is safer but I feel like it's just a different way to manipulate the votes.
>>
>>56708104
>voting
>it's the current year

Bummer I will never have the chance to vote.
>>
>>56708496

IT expert here. It can be, if it's implemented correctly, which nobody does. Hence, pen and paper.

Most importantly though, when are our countries migrating to a Condorcet method?
>>
>>56708104
Ours is pretty standard. Sign your name, go into a private booth, select your candidates, and press the VOTE button to lock your choices and leave.

Each person gets one vote. Unless you are voting for Obama, then you can vote multiple times in different places.
>>
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 3872x2592) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 3872x2592
>>56708104
We put rocks in the bucket with our preferred candidates name on them. The buckets are balanced by a stick and whichever bucket is lower wins.
They used to have a blindfolded lady hold it but now with the size of our population it's too heavy.
>>
>>56708104

pen and paper here.

it still blows my mind that there is no way to vote remotely. i am aware there are lots of potential problems for abuse but there has to be some way to vote with your phone (for example, maybe you need to register your SSN with a specific device that you can use on voting day). then maybe voter turnout wouldnt be ~30% every fucking time.
>>
>>56708599
It's great, in Brazil you are required to choose which corrupt will steal you for 4 years.
>>
>>56708104
>sign your name
>go to the booth
>dial the number like you are voting for The Voice
>wait until "END" appears

Yeah, that's pretty ancient...
>>
>>56708104
Also, the company that made these voting machines was tried for corruption on the US.

But it must be safe, right? No way our government would lie to us :^)
>>
>>56709943
>Brazil claims to be technologically advanced
>has to buy voting machines from USA

Epic.
>>
>>56708104
>>56709603
>>56709775
>>56709943
Do BRs wipe their ass? My roommate is an exchange student from brazil and he opts to shower instead of wiping his ass.
>>
>>56708358
this
>>
>>56708599
RARE
>>
>>56708599

Holy shit how did you get access to the chan?

RARE
A
R
E
>>
>>56708599
you get to vote for a good future with that dank new credit score sytem
>>
>>56708104
Electronic voting is the easiest one to exploit.

Other countries do use it though.
>>
>>56708104
Depends on the state and county.

Where I live, Seminole County, Florida, we vote using paper and we feed the ballot into a machine. I don't know if it tallies the votes also, it probably does but there is also a paper trail.
>>
>>56709067
Online voting has been discussed numerous times, I think it can be done but obviously it would have to be worked out numerous times but I don't think it would be that hard.

I believe it can go something like this
>special website made to direct you to the right page for your district and pulls ballots made for your district (and maybe have it where districts can participate or not)
>put in SSN or License number
>server runs a check against a database to check your voter eligibility and registration
>IP check to make sure you aren't voting from China or some shit
>vote on your ballot, when you are done submit the vote
>your vote is then tallied and you can't vote again

I think it could work, but some holes would be voting online then going to your precinct and voting again.
>>
>>56708496
Electronic isn't safer in any way. Unless someone steals the ballot box or sets it on fire or something, the physical method is the best.

Electronic voting machines can be manipulated without anyone being aware, whereas tampering with physical ballots is a lot easier to spot. Rigging a vote is a lot easier when you just need to flip a few ones and zeroes instead of systematically destroying or disregarding individual physical ballots.
>>
File: valimised.jpg (66 KB, 900x585) Image search: [Google]
valimised.jpg
66 KB, 900x585
>>56708104

>at home ... online

>some old people still use pencil and paper
>>
>>56711481

That could be avoided with proper use of cryptography.
>>
>>56711607
Not if the machines themselves have some sort of exploitation baked into them.
>>
>>56711454

well that's why they'd have to use SSN/license # so your vote is only counted once.

my idea with the "device registration" would be to prevent someone from trying to vote using someone elses SSN.

either way i feel strongly that the pros of having a much wider turnout outweigh the risks associated with allowing online voting.
>>
>>56710329
When im about to take a shower i usually take and then go for the shower itself but besides that i do wipe my ass yes sir
>>
>>56708943
Why can't you just use stronger lady and smaller rocks? Especially since you pretend men are lady now.
>>
>>56711816

How do you know Mozilla doesn't steal your credit card number?

Exactly.
>>
>>56711599
Three independent security agencies (two american ones, one from EU) declared our E-voting unsafe.
What our parliament did? Said "fuck you". And that's it.
Oh, and when some inconsistencies came up, what happened? Like always, "classified for 70 years" and forgotten.
>>
America's voting is so secure that even dead people can vote.
>>
>>56712078
Firefox is open source, I doubt ballot machine software is.
>>
>>56711599
How does online voting work in your country friend?

I think that will be the next step here tbqh, it would probably make voter turnout increase further than it ever has. Downside is a lot of slacktivists would vote more, but I think it would also encourage those who haven't even bothered before to vote and open up a broader new electorate.

>>56711942
>either way i feel strongly that the pros of having a much wider turnout outweigh the risks associated with allowing online voting.

I do too tbqh, but I think before they do it they will have to extensively test this shit. I mean for one thing, could you imagine the tens of millions of votes that would be coming through? It could very easily shit itself, thats why I think a district-by-district basis would be wise or maybe state-by-state, that way its not just one big server farm taking in all this traffic.
>>
>>56708104
The town gathers and put their respective rocks in their candidate's bucket.
Whoever's is heavier at the end means nothing and someone from the electoral college votes for us.
>>
File: _80388398_img_6654.jpg (28 KB, 624x351) Image search: [Google]
_80388398_img_6654.jpg
28 KB, 624x351
>>56712165

You found the problem!
>>
File: 1448416713809.jpg (132 KB, 766x758) Image search: [Google]
1448416713809.jpg
132 KB, 766x758
>>56712294
Stallman was right again
>>
File: Theo.jpg (40 KB, 365x365) Image search: [Google]
Theo.jpg
40 KB, 365x365
>>56712417

Yeah, it's not just that though. Like I said previously, it's cryptography as well. Theo was right too.
>>
>>56712078

Open source software, you retard

The same reason you know Linux OS is not spying on you, while windows 10 most likely is and you'll never know for sure whether it is or not.
>>
>>56712268
There is still no proven correlation between electronic voting and its results.
Electronic voting in no way is controlling who is actually voting, or whether one is voting at all.
There is also no possibility of tracking your own vote.
>>
File: elecciones-2015-2078532w640.jpg (70 KB, 640x426) Image search: [Google]
elecciones-2015-2078532w640.jpg
70 KB, 640x426
We throw colored papers into a box, which is then loaded onto a donkey and taken to the local feudal lord's office for counting.

I wish I were kidding.
>>
>>56708104
It's easy as fuck to cheat.

Paper voting forever
>>
>implying the votes matter and not the vote counters
lol pretending --cracy works, stay spooky board
>>
>>56713708
>reptillian-contracts-facial-wiring-to-indicate-deep-concern.hoax
>>
>>56708104

I remember the story how people came to oversee the German elections and how they were sure that even in prim and proper Germany, there'd be electoral fraud and shit behind the scenes going on during the vote. Only when they finished auditing everything, they realized nobody gave a fuck, everything went avout smoothly, and people went on with their lifes.

I know, America. That must sound strange, to not make billion dollar fight for the Messiah out of every election. But I'm sure the next presidency will totally determine the fate of the world and Trump is the Kwisatz Haderach and what else
>>
File: images (20).jpg (26 KB, 479x307) Image search: [Google]
images (20).jpg
26 KB, 479x307
>>56708104
We use simple EVMs. Paper/stamp was discarded as making 800 million sheets would probably kill half of worlds forests.

Pic related. They're very simple systems and cheap as fuck. And trusted as the Election Commission makes them, which so far.has been without blemish.
>>
>>56713531

>forever
Nope, only until our leaders are willing to put in place the necessary technology (which we already have) to make the process foolproof.

>inb4 they'll never be
Fine, forever then.
Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.