[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Girls in the boy scouts
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: tmp_21641-promise_21820592328.gif (105 KB, 600x518) Image search: [Google]
tmp_21641-promise_21820592328.gif
105 KB, 600x518
>Allie, one of the Unicorns, responded after the meeting: “I’d like to see them standing up like they did for the gay scouts and the gay leaders.” She noted that several of the officials had been early supporters of gay people in scouting.

http://mobile.nytimes.com/2015/11/23/us/girls-in-california-are-latest-to-seek-to-become-boy-scouts.html?referer=&_r=0
>>
>>56704583

Girl Scouts exists, why does she want to join the Boy Scouts?
>>
>>56704660
Cause dem boys sexist
>>
The whole point of Girl Scouts is to give girls confidence and build them up. Putting them in Boy Scouts places the girl in the social element that Girl Scouts was trying to isolate them from. If someone wants a mixed bag, the campfire organization is the way to go. Let the scouts keep their respective sexes.
>>
>>56704660
Because she wants to be an empowered womyn and break down the patriarchy that is Boy Scouts. Honestly let them, it'd be good to have females learn actual leadership and very basic first aid and survival skills. They'd probably learn a lot getting their hands dirty. But that's coming from when I was in scouts and since I lived in a military town all of our adult leaders were active or prior military, most notably USMC officers which was cool as fuck. Got to go to Marine training grounds, taught SABC by combat corpsmen and rifle shooting from actual range masters. From what I understand scouting is pretty shitty in other states.
>>
>Huh. From reading many of the comments, it seems I'm the lone voice here, but I say "Bravo, Unicorns!" The Boy Scouts is yet another boys' club. I'm proud to see young feminists fighting the fight. Which fight? The one that supports the truth that gender does not determine who you are or what your interests will be. (A truth that is true, I would think, for many of the boys currently in Boy Scouts who might be better suited for the activities of Girl Scouts. Perhaps part of the issue is that we think dividing clubs up according to gender is appropriate to begin with).

>To people who say that the girls should just change the nature of the Girl Scouts, I think you are overlooking a crucial point. The "Boy Scouts," as well as the "Girl Scouts," are clubs that society has entrenched associations with. Part of wanting to be in the boy scouts, I imagine, is not just the activities, but the ability to say "I'm an Eagle Scout" and have that have some clout in a way not popularly associated with the girl scouts. The "separate but equal" argument has never gone very well. I fail to see any difference between telling a girl scout "you can do the same activities in your own club" and telling a minority that he or she is excluded from an all-white country club, but that he or she can surely play golf and socialize with their "own kind" if they so choose.

I want to kill these fucking people.
>>
>>56705054
What the fuck. The top rank in girl scouts nets the exact same respect and points for schools as Eagle Scouts. They seriously just have terrible penis envy or something. All they want to be is be men.
>>
File: smug animé girl.gif (64 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
smug animé girl.gif
64 KB, 300x300
scout girls are ugly as sin so it literally does not matter
>>
>>56704660
Because feminists want to take everything males have, including cultural experiences. They'll of course demand the girls in the Boy Scouts get their own private tents and private leaders and private events and private everything in order to protect their precious super special vaginas from the evil penis beasts, though. "Equality" just means the boys have something they want. Once girls have everything plus additional privileges, they don't yield them and smugly enjoy them.
>>
>>56704583

/pol would probably be interested that the founder of Scouting For Boys, Baden-Powell, came up with idea while on campaign in Southern Rhodesia during The Second Matabele War. He was inspired by an American there with them, Frederick Russell Burnham.

Both are very interesting characters worth spending a few minutes to learn about.

If only scouting was anything like it used to be.
>>
>>56704898
> implying boy scouts still teach any of that
Seriously, boy scouts are now just a way for the common jew to breed salesmen.
>>
>>56704583
Boyscouts. You let women/girls in its nolonge boyscouts anymore.
>>
Eh, as far as I"m aware all Scouting organizations are mixed here and they seem fine. Never took part in any of that, though.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.