[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Red pill me on Hunger games politics Is snow right or do you
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 1
File: mockingjay-poster.jpg (2 MB, 2400x2400) Image search: [Google]
mockingjay-poster.jpg
2 MB, 2400x2400
Red pill me on Hunger games politics

Is snow right or do you stand with the rebels?
>>
This movie is my new litmus test for retards with shitty taste.
>>
>>56701974
it's lame like I think the whole concept is kinda of boring plus the actors aren't that cool. my fav movie is Akira by the way
>>
>>56701974
Let me guess, it pulled a "love always wins" liberalist ending while Snow was trying to contain chaos by locking the shit-skins into shit districts?
The ending is basically Armageddon in the future?
>>
>>56702047
Canadian tried to tell me it's a metaphor of America. I said, Whatever, show me your tits or get out.
>>
>>56701974
#jlawstitsout4thelads
>>
>>56701974
>movies made for 13 year old girls
>politics

no
>>
>>56701974

I actually loved the last book just because of how intense it got, but that was back in high school.
>>
Yawn
>>
>>56702119
actually I really like the ending and the entire series if you ignore some of the stupid young adult shit. So there was some civil war half a century ago and the winners became oppressive. the war is never really touched on, and no side is ever depicted as in the right, it is just a fact that the capital won and is now a dick to keep the losers in line. all in all only a few of the districts are actually that fucked over. during the new civil spawned from katniss being a dumb bitch who doesn't think about consequences and also being attractive, the leaders of the rebellion are protrayed as just as oppressive, if not more so, than the capital. [spoiler]after the war, when the new president suggests implementing a hunger games for the capital's children, katniss pretends to go along with it, demands to be able to kill snow for her support of the new hunger games, and during the execution actually assassinates the new president instead.[/spoiler] No love always wins shit, just an anti-authoritarian narrative with a main character that is powerless the entire series, because she is nothing more than a symbol and has no control over what that means.
>>
>>56702630
That's funny because in the first movie there was an district that was full of niggers yelling that katniss icon shit thing.
>>
>>56702747
I think it is because the apocalypse happened so long ago, and then the war causing more barriers for migration, that each district ended up becoming racially homogenous over time, and that district just happened to be mostly black or whatever. I never got the feeling it was segregated racially, just geoogically.

that district had a lot of unrest because it basically only exported apples, so the capital didn't give much of a shit about them. the districts that produce plutonium, soldiers, engineers and such are treated very very well actually, apart from taking 2 of the kids every year to kill off in a reality tv show.

also they were yelling and shit because katniss didn't think about the consequences of being in a fight to the death, last man standing arena, and went and got attached to a little girl from that district. So when she inevitably died, katniss got super upset, which is the first time that really happened, because everyone else that participated in the hunger games went into it with the it's you or me mentality. Katniss was being a complete idiot, I don't know if she thought they could both survive or what, but in the end it won over a lot of the outer districts because she was symbol of them not being enemies, and not playing into the divide and conquer shit, so I guess that is love always wins. but I in the end the reason why katniss is a good hero of the story isn't because she united people or was compassionate, that was going to happen anyway because the outer districts were at a tipping point already and district 13 was already planning for and gearing up for a war. She was hero because she killed the only other power hungry person in the world.
>>
It's literally the most hamfisted, brick-to-the-head depiction of economic/political issues that you can find. That said, it might be a good stepping-off point for Normies to actually learn shit about the world they're living in.
>>
>>56703614
In my head I always justified it as all the smart people died during the apocalypse and war and shit, so nobody knew what to do and there wasn't any records or history to fall back on to learn how to set up a society.

That is why the capital is so obviously oppressive, and why nobody seems to know how to wage war effectively.

sure, the actual reason is that the author lacks subtlety, but this way my autism is satisfied. I kind of love the movies because they address it, and rewrite all the stupid, overly oppressive shit the capital did in the second book was actually a rebel agent doing it on purpose to incite a rebellion.
>>
>>56703494
Every movie that ends with "love always wins" deserves to die.
I mean, just look at fucking INTERSTELLAR, that movie was epic as fuck except the last 30 minutes and fucking Anne Hatheway love bullshit, you think you would send up an Astronaut that believes love transcends space and time would be the best option to save humanity?

fucking kek, Jews are really destroying Hollywood.
>>
>>56701974
The fundamental idea of the book is great, pacifying a population with bread and circuses. If she didn't put such a ludicrous spin on it with teenage martyrs and killing children for keks it would've been a good book.

Both are far from great. Best case is internal revolution in the Captiol to a more democratic, just one. But the book gave the impression they're all pacified babies, so revolution is the way.
>>
The entire thing was a merger of animal farm and battle royale.
>>
>>56703835
I loved the first parts of the movie so much that I completely excuse all that shit at the end as hatheway and mcconaughey going slightly insane from extended space travel and trying to wrap their heads around shit that we don't even remotely understand.

in the end it isn't love always wins, it is time travelling nth dimensional aliens who might be future humans always win.
>>
>>56703835
Without love, there's nothing. They're right. I'd rather have a loving woman save humanity than a cold edgelord
>>
>>56703835
>not sending one of the few remaining doctors in earth because she believes in love and shit
In the movie it's clearly shown she's hysterical. You mean how the movie essentially was about love when it could've been a great film about relavistic effects on human relationships/psyche/emotions and the idea of space exploration but it was too sappy.

Still great even if half the movie was unnecessary. The "Think of ourselves as a species" is a great line.
>>
>>56703995
You're retarded, there's crapload of movies that's successful without love bullshit and real character connection instead. See Terminator 2. You also realize there was literally no connection between Hathaway and Matthew? You literally could delete her character and the Movie would still be far better with that crappy ending.
>>
>>56704128
You don't get the point, they're sent on a mission to think logically, if they're emotional they're gonna die. Hatheway goes total shamalon and asks the crew to trust her love instincts and travel to Edmunds planet, this is outright offensive to the theme of the movie.
>>
Now that the last movie is out I can pirate these and do a marathon this holiday season.
>>
Battle Royale was much better
>>
>>56704260
they are sent on the mission to be adam and eve. they weren't sent to be logical, they were sent to survive at any cost. Hatheway saying she thought that planet was better because there was a dude she wanted to bone and have babies with is exactly the sort of survival instincts you want. there was no logic behind the decision to go to dr. mann's planet. both planets were giving the same positive signal, so it was literally a gut reaction.
>>
>>56704775
Obviously she's gonna bone a guy if the planet would instakill you in a second, there was no proof the planet was safe. If she wanted babies there's pretty many people on the Endurance she can hook up with.
Matthew chose the logical safe approach, which would've worked if Dr Mann didn't turn total psycho.
>>
>>56705017
his reasoning for choosing mann's planet was it was mann's planet. his speech was literally "shouldn't we trust this guy more than her vagina" which isn't really logical. I mean he isn't necessarily wrong, but it was still a judgement call based on opinions of people and not on any concrete evidence.
>>
>>56705216
His planet was closer, Edmunds was the last planet, if they chose Edmunds they never could visit Manns planet.

Hatheway was literally the drama bitch trying to share her opinion similar to feminists.

If it wasn't for TARS all of them would've died long ago. TARS was the one calculating based by logic to keep the crew alive, Matthew still managed to dock the aircraft, but in terms of percentage it was literally 1 against 100.
>>
>>56705472
I thought they had enough fuel to visit one and return home, or enough to visit both.

either way you are entirely right about TARS. TARS was the hero we deserve
>>
>>56705216
>his speech was literally "shouldn't we trust this guy more than her vagina" which isn't really logical.

You mean "shouldn't we trust this guy with years of experience working off the facts we have at the moment more than her vagina-feelings based on emotion", which seems pretty logical to me, bub
>>
>>56705626
That scene really destroyed the brilliance, it literally was amazing till Hatheway/The deus ex machina ending happened.
Also, yeah TARS was by far the best & important character of the entire movie.
>>
I came in here expecting a fappening dump, boy am I disappointed.
>>
>>56705626
but the other guy was just as qualified, but because she wanted his planet to be the one they instantly disqualified it. the logical thing to do would have been to just say ok you are too involved, your vote doesn't count, and either vote based off the readings they were receiving, or let TARS pick, not "she wants it, she is being illogical, therefore she HAS to be wrong and mann's planet is the superior option."
>>
>>56705911
Remember that Mann was considered the greatest scientist. It's frigging Space while being next to a black hole, unless you act logically you're gonna get destroyed in seconds.
>>
I am asking miself why is lately global media so interested in revolutions, making shits like Asassins Creed, this Film, etc.
>>
>>56706045
I only remember him being the greatest because he convinced 11 people to follow him on a suicide mission, but if they actually state he is the smartest of them all then choosing his planet would be a bit more logical. but didn't the other planet have more promising data?
>>
>>56706237
The first planet had time dilation, the doc who landed got instakilled, but since of the dilation by the time Endurance landed she was only dead like 5minutes.

The second one was Mann, who sent false data and turned completely Psycho.

The last was Edmund who sent similar data to Mann.

2/3 of them were death traps, only Edmunds was habitable, since Edmunds was the furthest away and the Endurance thinks all 3 is habitable the best approach would be as they did.
>>
>>56706489
Although Manns planet actually could be colonized if they had terraforming Tech, the water planet though was literally hell.
>>
>>56706489
hatheway said edmund's planet looked better, but she could have been lying to try to save her boyfriend. They should have just let TARS make all the decisions. he didn't trust Mann from the start or he wouldn't have locked the endurance.
>>
>>56706789
Hatheway was full of shit, only reason she chose Edmunds was because of her connection to him, and then started spouting mumbu jumbo bullshit.
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.