[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's the deal with the bosphorus
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 4
what happens if Turkey denies Russia access to the bosphorus? IIRC the Montreaux agreement says all black sea countries can use it almost without reservation. How does this intersect with Nato article 5?
>>
This question/observation is too intelligent for this board. We would much rather see more dank memes
>>
Probably the only reason Turkey is even in NATO.
>>
>>56680542
War.

Attempts to deny or limit our passage through bosphorus has been one of the premier cases of Russia going to war in the past.
>>
>>56680542
This only is for civilian ships. Military craft has a tonage limit.

Russia cant do anything. Its turkeys terretory. Russia has no authorety there.
>>
>>56680716

Forget the probably. Also it was a good strategic base for the A-bomb when bombers were a necessity.

Old Cold War bonds that are a detriment today.
>>
File: m9jpv.jpg (139 KB, 382x672) Image search: [Google]
m9jpv.jpg
139 KB, 382x672
>>56680606
here is a meme
>>56680542
If turkey denies access and Russia just storms on through, wouldn't that be an invasion of sorts? That being said it would also be a violation of a previous agreement, I dont know much about the Montreaux agreement. Could get a little dank depending on who attacks whom first.
>>
Why would Tonkey deny them access? Were they actually trying to send a message regarding Putin's support of Assad by shooting down the jet, or was the jet truly in their airspace and warned several times to leave?

If it's the former, then nothing will change. Putin will make a few more angry remarks and then carry on as usual.
>>
File: giustiniano.jpg (31 KB, 255x300) Image search: [Google]
giustiniano.jpg
31 KB, 255x300
How do i sign up in the russian volunteer legions?
>>
File: armenia.png (537 KB, 1432x1146) Image search: [Google]
armenia.png
537 KB, 1432x1146
>>56680815
Hello ahmed
>>
>>56680815

>Americans have no authority here, said every Iraqi government official before the USA invaded.
>>
Closing off the bosphorous would almost certainly be taken as an act of war by Russia

and Russia's response would likely be a nuclear first strike against Turkey's military.
>>
>>56681003
>all those pre genocide attacks
then you ask why we genocided armos, tsk tsk tsk
>>
>>56680725
this is true.
>>
>>56681067
>btfo on the reg by based Armenians
>nationwide effort to slaughter their women and children
>brag about it

You deserve to be gassed, Mehmet
>>
>>56681067

Fuck off, Abdul.
>>
CONSTANTINOPLE
CONSTANTINOPLE
CONSTANTINOPLE
>>
>>56681410
>>56681368
>rebel against the government
>lose
>cry about it a century later from glendale

cry more
>>
>>56680725
>>56680815
>>56680915
>>56681048

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Montreux_Convention_Regarding_the_Regime_of_the_Straits

I agree that Russia would probably (rightly) lose their shit and it would be a pretty clear-cut causus belli - but again how does the north atlantic treaty handle something like that? Does article 5 come into effect even if there's valid justification for war?
>>
>>56681521

I'm not even white. I just hate you Turk faggots who think Turkey is actually relevant. You are a backwards nation and Putin will liberate you.
>>
>>56681521
Enjoy celebrating being keks for Donmeh Jews. The Young Turks were Jews. Ataturk was a Jew.
>>
>>56681657
oh sure, another butthurt sandnig got rekt by turks so hard you are still mad about it a century later

cry more, putin will do jack shit but I really hope west kicks us out of nato so we can get closer to russia and iran rather than your sandy ass and eu. Our biggest mistake was to be in Nato not to shoot down planes

and when we are kicked out we would gladly let russia in an out from straits without having them fire a single bullet. A shame current islamist support syrian jihadist ( mind you the same islamist that were supported by west since 1995 to at least 2012)

>>56681793
another retarded sandnigger who is obssesed with jews. They don't exist anymore, western backed islamist (see above) infested every single branch of government and literally ruined the nation. At least jews had skill and ability.

For example foreign polciy departments were almost exclusively controlled by Jews up until early 2000's, islamist literally take it over and ruined it to the ground, as you might imagine here.

Ataturk was a secular atheist jew so I don't give a fuck
>>
>>56681597
>Does article 5 come into effect even if there's valid justification for war?

Why not? That just makes it clear that Turkey can't deny them access lest they start another world war.
>>
>>56682007

Fuck the Syrian jihadists, fuck ISIS and fuck the supporters of ISIS ( NATO, and other scumbags). I had my fingers crossed for an international alliance to fight ISIS but you with your insecurity because your dicks are so small had to shoot down a Russian plane that wasn't even in your country. Fucking idiots.

This is what happens when we let dumb fucking Camels be in charge of powerful weapons.
>>
>>56682210
ISIS is an American/Jewish invention and this entire conflict appears to be a proxy war between the US and Russia. There would never be an international alliance to fight ISIS because it isn't really a single entity. I mean you pretty much have the US throwing money and weapons at "ISIS," so it's pretty clear that the US is cooking something up and Russia isn't too happy aboot it.
>>
bumping for input.
>>
Nukes would fly
>>
>>56680542
>what happens if Turkey denies Russia access to the bosphorus?

Russia would consider that a casus belli, and act accordingly.

Article 5? I highly doubt NATO would start WW3 just because some savage like Erdogan going full retard. They'd consider Russia's reaction justified, albeit unfortunate.

From that point on, Turkey's done. They have a capable military, but taking on Russia is an entirely different game than slaughtering Kurds...I'd give them a week, tops, until their navy and air force would be gone.
And that's why I don't think it's gonna happen. Erdogan's an asshole, but not that delusional. He knows exactly how badly Russia could hurt him.
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.