[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Being able to own a gun should require a mental-wellness exam.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 8
File: 9999 CRITICAL.gif (2 MB, 530x291) Image search: [Google]
9999 CRITICAL.gif
2 MB, 530x291
Being able to own a gun should require a mental-wellness exam. prove me wrong.
>>
>>56671487

Being able to vote should require a mental-wellness exam.
>>
>>56671487
Sounds legit... There needs to be some sort of non marxist vetting process on who decides what mental wellness means though.
>>
>>56671546
How about a literacy and competency on voting issues test?
>>
>>56671487

US stats seem to indicate otherwise.

How's shilling for the mental health industry? Pay well?
>>
>>56671487
SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED
>>
Not just for owning a gun. Police officers, soldiers, and armed guards should be tested just the same.
>>
>>56671626
how about not wanting to walk into an elementary school and start unloading rounds just because
>>
>>56671938
Great idea Canuck

>>Do you want to waste an entire school Y/N
>N
>>Here's your gun Mr. Childshooter
>>
>>56671487
Mental-wellness exam will never be a clear-cut diagnosis so you argument into the trash it goes.

We have this exam in Europe and people still kill innocents from time to time.
>>
>>56671938
so what are your red flags for preventing that?
>>
>>56671487
No a test of impulse control determines who gets guns, you will given a series of test that are designed to trigger your self defense instinct.
>>
>>56671546
Clicked on thread to post this. Glad to see that it's the first reply.
>>
>>56672123
How about you need 100% approval from your immediate family members.

If anyone in your family thinks you are unfit to own a firearm, you can't own it.
>>
>>56671487
If we had mental welness exams that worked, we should be using them before people got drivers licences.
>>
>>56672264
I don't know bro, family is biased and it's the only group on which you can have really great influence.
>>
>>56671487

Because it's against the law to discriminate people.

Should you have a mental-wellness check to have a right to a fair trial, exercise your freedom of speech, or vote?

ALL AMENDMENTS ARE EQUAL
>>
>>56672099
>>56672157
i'm just saying in general.
If the fuck turns out to be a wackjob, he doesn't get the firearms. Simple as that.
And if you wanna go full nazi, make it two parts:
Wellness exam and background check, a clean police record even
>>
>>56672264
>Moms afraid of guns because she grew up in California and dad didn't give her earplugs the one time he took her shooting
>As this melanin enriched gentleman breaks through my window and begins beating me with a pipe I thank god that AS A GROWN MAN I HAD TO GET MY PARENTS PERMISSION TO OWN SOMETHING I COULD AFFORD

I don't get the liberal masturbation over the average Joe having to prove themselves capable of the slightest damn thing while going through the government to do it.
>>
>>56672553
>It says here you once got a speeding ticket, I'm sorry Mr. Ghandi I can't sell you this gun
>>
>>56672264
not a bad idea. sort of like a list of references for a job.
>>
>>56672689

There are half a billion unregistered guns currently in circulation in the United States.

If you think your retarded little reference law is going to keep anyone disarmed then you wouldn't be able to pass the mental illness test OP wants.

Fucking hell gun grabbers have to be the dumbest fucking people on this planet.
>>
File: 200.gif (1 MB, 290x200) Image search: [Google]
200.gif
1 MB, 290x200
>>56672643
why yes, that's what i meant
>>
>>56672553

How many people do the feds prosecute every year over failed background checks?

How many people do they convict?

How many people are wrongfully denied and forced to wait for months while they appeal?
>>
>>56671487
What is the story behind this gif
>>
>>56671546
Being able to reproduce should too.

Notice a common theme? We certainly should be required to prove competence to gain a human right. Self defense is as much a human right as self determination and starting a family.
>>
>>56673174
Special forces hostage rescue use this thing that's like a bomb on a stick to blow out windows on busses to enter through it and kill the terrorists. Something went wrong. Looks like they were just testing it because there's no team behind him.
>>
>>56671487
How often does the exam need to be? Can you sell your own firearms privately? If so, should you be required to perform your own background checks?

This argument gets made all the time. Take Paris. Need a mental exam once every six months, and you need to pay for a shooting range membership, and go at least 3 times per year.

Didn't stop those terrorists from bringing in their own guns and causing hundreds of casualties, did it?
>>
>>56671487
Ok anon. Why don't you write it for us?

Here, I'll help you start.

If you had a gun, what would you use it for?
[] Hunting
[] Self Defense
[] Massacring Innocent People
[] Range Shooting

I'd like to see the terries get through that :^)
>>
How do you define who is mentally well? By what reasonable standard could you implement? There are some people who can't get a gun because the state considers them unsafe for the most minute reasons. If you had a breakdown ten years ago and checked into a mental hospital, they will have a record of that and use it to prevent you from getting a gun.

If someone is visibly crazy, they will be denied a gun anyway by the seller for the same reason that they won't let hysteric men onto airplanes.
>>
>>56671487
Agreed
>>56671546
Also agreed
>>56671626
Also agreed

Holy shit, an actually decent thread. Well done, /pol/

>>56672473
>ALL AMENDMENTS ARE EQUAL
Nope. Amendments are made applicable (to overrule state laws) by supreme court decisions, and thereafter maintained by stare decisis.

>>56673783
There are plenty of psych tests with excellent reliability and validity for mental disorders such as psychopathy or borderline personality disorder. Educate yourself.
>>
>>56671487
>Being able to own a gun should require a mental-wellness exam. prove me wrong.

Your browser history would automatically disqualify you..
>>
>>56673428
yea i know about det cord but I didn't understand why he would be holding it. This has to be some stupid drunk russian shit.
>>
>>56671487

Who gets to design this test, the government? Brilliant fucking idea.
>>
File: 1446000806728.jpg (242 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
1446000806728.jpg
242 KB, 1024x768
>Liberals still think we'll comply with their gun laws
>>
File: eff_u.jpg (25 KB, 403x302) Image search: [Google]
eff_u.jpg
25 KB, 403x302
>>56671487
yes. i can see the questions now --- why did the civil war occur? do you trust your government? would you have fought against hitler?
>>
gun lovers are stupid. dont they know i can just take their guns and shoot them. stupid americans.
>>
>>56671487
SHALL
NOT
BE
INFRINGED
>>
>>56671487
The only test I could see being useful would be a "keep cool" test.

>Ok Daquan. The test begins. All you have to do to pass is keep your cool.

>Keep my cool? That's it?

>That's right you smelly niggerfaggot. What are you going to do. You can't touch me. I own you. What are you gonna do. You're nothing. All your bitches want me, they told me so. They told me you're a niggerfaggot. You're so stupid you can't even get welfare. No wonder your father left you.

>LINTBALL SUMBITCH I FUCKIN KILL YOU

>You have failed the test Daquan. Next please.
>>
>>56673428
I want to believe you but there are other folks on the other side of the bus and the explosion comes from the back of the bus. It looks like some special forces/SWAT/EOD training grounds but I don't get the use of real explosives if these are exercises.
>>
go to hardware store
buy a few parts
make 12ga slam gun
go to Walmart
buy shotgun shells

it's yours and it's legal if the total length is 28 inches. just don't try to sell it.
>>
>>56672901
Then you might to enunciate clearly what you mean.
>>
>>56671487
Define "Mental Wellness", faggot.

This is the kind of shit that makes Canada look retarded.
>>
>>56671487
"Mental Wellness" as determined by who? The DSM changes so frequently that our views of the baseline changes every year. Who is to say that someone who doesn't agree with you isn't mentally unstable and shouldn't own a weapon?

The problem is that what you're saying makes sense on paper but has zero ability to be carried out. But you don't want an answer, you want to shill because you're a useless piece of shit gungrabber.
>>
File: 2485162.jpg (19 KB, 261x377) Image search: [Google]
2485162.jpg
19 KB, 261x377
>>56671487
dude, do you even have your PAL?
you have to do a two day course where you are evaluated by an instructor then sit and wait several months for the RCMP to do background checks.

The gun laws in Canada are fine, we dont have an epidemic of gun violence so I fail to see why it needs to change
>>
>>56672473
>Because it's against the law to discriminate people.

>Well Mr Retard, I see you talk about shooting up schools but you're just exercising your Freedom of Speech and we can't discriminate against the mentally ill so here's your gun.

>THIS JUST IN
>ANOTHER SCHOOL HAS BEEN SHOT UP
>WE MUST BAN GUNS
>>
File: Statism.jpg (16 KB, 239x352) Image search: [Google]
Statism.jpg
16 KB, 239x352
Not even once.
>>
>>56671867
All of those people are mentally evaluated. But it doesn't do a god damn thing to stop the bad ones from getting through.
>>
>>56671487
>no American municipal officer would be armed
>as much as half of state police would not be armed
>'armed' forces would be almost entirely unarmed

Great idea.
>>
File: 1414170991350.jpg (96 KB, 448x227) Image search: [Google]
1414170991350.jpg
96 KB, 448x227
>>56680277
>Implying you already know the standards of the exam even before it has been made
niceeeeee
>>
>>56671546
It should have some requirements.
But a mental health exam is too corruptible and subjective.

>>56672264
>sheeit nigga he a good boi, give him da ak
>Oh my he's always been responsible, but I don't think anyone should have a gun
>>
Hallelujah! Some truth on the chan.
>>
File: 1429029813317.jpg (71 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1429029813317.jpg
71 KB, 640x480
>>56671811
our influence grows to the UK, well done /pol
Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.