[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anyone else notice the SJW narrative in The Martian?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 6
File: The_Martian_film_poster.jpg (50 KB, 258x382) Image search: [Google]
The_Martian_film_poster.jpg
50 KB, 258x382
All the racial harmony, international cooperation, gender parity, lame jokes, lack of a gripping story line, fixes all his problems with plastic sheet and duct tape. Just disappointed in this movie I was.
>>
>>56665779

You should have read the book. It's not well written, that was never the point. The point of the book is basically a thought experiment on what it would take to survive on Mars.

And the entire story is about a white man surviving on Mars by his own ingenuity. Hardly the SJW narrative.
>>
>>56665779

That was the way the book was written. It was pretty fucking lame, I really do not understand why it did so well.
>>
>>56665779
Yeah. Especially when the big bad American wouldn't help so they got help from the Chinese or whatever because whitey bad
>>
You guys really are some of the most pathetic bottom feeders.
>>
Or did it just show what real equality would look like, the best people that can do the job, doing the job, none of this forced "diversity" bullshit.

And story was about him solving the challenges he faced with the tools he has available, without waiting for anyone else to do it for him, that's not an SJW thing to do.
>>
>>56666618
LOL SWEDEN. You're not capable of recognizing an SJW narrative because your whole fucking country is the embodiment of SJW and Tumbler ideals. Mind you, Canada isn't too far off nowadays.
>>
>>56666983
There was zero character development. No sign of weakness at all. Just meets every problem with an unrealistic solution. I'm guessing you earned your degree in arts or something related to not using your hands or mind to think creatively at all. This movie was bad.
>>
>>56667328
If you liked Interstellar, yet you're bashing the Martian you should kill yourself.
>>
>>56667328
>There was zero character development.

It's not about the characters. It's a fucking thought experiment about Mars survival.

> Just meets every problem with an unrealistic solution.

It's actually surprisingly accurate. Meaning it's still wrong, but it's way less wrong than par for fiction.

>I'm guessing you earned your degree in arts or something related to not using your hands or mind to think creatively at all.

I'm guessing you spent too much time huffing paint in your construction job to appreciate what's in reality a simple story.
>>
>>56667546
At least there was real beauty in interstellar, and real character development and a beautiful soundtrack that let you overlook its technical flaws
>>
>>56667328
>no sign of weakness at all
That's how I know you didn't read the book.
>>
Looking for SJW themes in everything is on par with looking for racism, sexism and homophobia in everything.
>>
>>56665779
I never had any interest in the movie. I don't have much interest in any mainstream movies. Not because of any SJW narrative, but mostly because they aren't all that entertaining.
>>
>>56667328
Lol I'm an systems engineer, guy. What are you buddy?

>>56667747
> No beauty
Beautifully realised mars environment. No beauty?
>>
>>56665779
this movie was a hot,steamy pile of shit
>tublurina captain of the ship
>nip nog scientist that saves the day
>that retarded role the Kristin Wiig plays just to have a female working for NASA
retarded/10
fuck this movie
>>
>>56667708
>I'm guessing you spent too much time huffing paint in your construction job to appreciate what's in reality a simple story.

Hahah, another great quality of the Swedes, getting offended on behalf of others. Anyway, I am an electrical engineer, not a construction worker. But unlike you champagne liberals, I have absolutely no disrespect to construction workers and would never use their trade as an insult. Shouldn't you be out protecting your women from being raped by all the male migrants flooding into your country?
>>
>>56667708
Bra jobbet, sverige. Du viste han hvor skapet står!
>>
>>56667939
> just elected trudeau
> bashing anyone right now
> kill yourself
>>
>>56665779
In many ways, yeah it was a pile of SJW shit. But think about it this way:

>One white man's life is worth so much two nations launch a multi-year rescue nation

feels good to be part of the most rightly valued group in the universe
>>
File: 1397845530227.gif (2 MB, 300x174) Image search: [Google]
1397845530227.gif
2 MB, 300x174
>>56665779
>watching hollywood movies!
>>
>>56665779
Interstellar and Oblivion were spiritual stories dressed up as sci-fi. Oblivion boiled down would be a poem about the human soul.
Martian is uniquely literally fictionalized science. Martian boiled down would be a story problem.
>>
>>56668067
Sadly for you, your prime minister is not much better. Complete sellout to the multicult like Trudeau.
>>
>>56667753
I dont care that it was based on a book. I am talking about a move that sucked.
>>
BRING
>>
HIM
>>
MEME
>>
>>56668450
>>56668472
>>56668493
samefag
>>
>>56667911
>Beautifully realised mars environment. No beauty?

Fine
>>
OP is
L I T E R A L L Y R E T A R D E D
I E
T T
E A
R R
A D
L E
L D
Y
>>
I think that all types of people in the world boild down to those who:

1)Prefer Martian to Interstellar
2)Prefer Interstellar to The Martian
3)Didn't like either one
4)Have no idea what these films are about
>>
>>56665779
Do you realize that you're reaching the same level of sensitiveness of a SJW by caring about all of those details?
If you didn't like it, well, good for you, just don't go around trying to force negative things in the movie to justify the fact that you disliked it.
>>
>>56665779
I wouldn't necessarily say that there was a blatent SJW anti-white agenda. At least not more so than any other Hollywood movie today.

I just thought it was a terrible movie because it requires 100% suspension of disbelief. Especially when he seals up his shelter with a fucking tarp and duct tape.
>>
File: marslg.gif (41 KB, 450x451) Image search: [Google]
marslg.gif
41 KB, 450x451
>>56665779

Oh screw you, this was the most redpilled movie in two decades. The title can literally be translated as "The Arean".
>>
>>56668642
Discussing it on pol is nothing.
>>
>implying I eat up american propaganda movies
>>
>>56668871
Maybe so, but it was a shit movie. With shit jokes, shit character development, and a story that makes no sense.
>>
>>56665779
>racial harmony, international cooperation, gender parity, lame jokes, lack of a gripping story line
You watched a Hollywood film and were surprised at that?
>>
The audio book was pretty enjoyable, i got my money out of it.
>>
>>56669072
I had heard good things. After about an hour it got boring.
>>
>>56667546
Interstellar wasn't full of SJW garbage like the Martian, they only had 1 magical perfect negro.
>>
>>56665779
When they had Childish Gambino play the "genius nerd" I knew it was SJW horseshit. Otherwise a good movie.
>>
I heard it's an awesome movie. Just because crosses were not burned on black people's lawn doesn't make it a shit movie.
>>
>>56665779

What I noticed was that all the senior administrators did not act like senior administrators. They acted how 14 year olds *think* senior administrators act.

Also, the Chinese scientists going behind Bejing's back to help save an American astronaut? Don't make me laugh. The Chinese don't give a shit about doing America favours, and the top people in their space program are not going to betray Beijing to do so. Again, it's a movie made for kids.

There are other problems with it, but whatever.
>>
File: Donald duck want to unsee.jpg (108 KB, 615x1279) Image search: [Google]
Donald duck want to unsee.jpg
108 KB, 615x1279
>first martian colony
>bring subhumans along because muh diversity
>they destroy the colony in less than a week, killing every human on mars
>"Colonisation is impossible, we need to focus our efforts on solving hunger in Africa"
>>
>>56667853
To be fair 90% of western media has blatant liberal propaganda stuffed into it. It's not even subtle, it's usually some hamfisted shit shoved in by the writer because someone HAD to make a political statement.
>>
>>56667328

>No sign of weakness at all.

Exactly, I loved that in this movie. I was expecting a half hour of him bitching and whining about how alone he was while isolated on a dead rock.

I was really pleasant surprised that it was just about kicking reality's ass with good planning. -
>>
>>56667747

> there was real beauty in interstellar, and real character development and a beautiful soundtrack

hoooooly shit. I don't don't have a jpg to convey how poor your taste is.
>>
>>56666618
and flush half of your week down the toilet instead of two hours?
yeah great
Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.