[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why did war start in Syria again? >inb4 imf
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 105
Thread images: 16
Why did war start in Syria again?

>inb4 imf
>>
Interests.
>>
A lot of reasons to the point I just don't want to type a shit ton
>>
>>56664324

Saudis
>>
>>56664324

Look it up yourself faggot

/pol/ isn't here to fill in the gaps in your 6th grade education
>>
>>56664324
Extended drought, and the Al Assad family basically hoarding resources and letting everyone else suffer.
That's it, in a nutshell. Climate Change.
>>
because that evil man Assad shot up some harmless peaceful protesters when they started burning down government buildings
>>
>>56664324
someone make his mouth smaller
>>
Dubya
Saddam
chaos
>>
>>56664582
Oh and this is also the root cause behind the Arab Spring, low local food supplies coupled with the rising cost of wheat from crop losses in places like Russia.

Hunger makes people pissed off enough to take on the Man, as the French nobility.
>>
>>56664728
*ask
>>
>>56664582
I want to say back to reddit but a blue pill as deep as that is more like a salon comment section.
>>
>>56664582

well that's more Turkey hoarding water

Syria and Iraq get a fraction of what they got several decades ago before turkey started building dams

and they've been getting progressively dryer since
>>
>>56664324
Obama dun did it
>>
File: 1379520578766.png (153 KB, 405x405) Image search: [Google]
1379520578766.png
153 KB, 405x405
>>56664777
Are you stupid to the actual cause, or just intellectually uninterested and unwilling to look it up and confirm I am correct, so "le reddit meme"?
>>
File: Leftypol_Promo.jpg (2 MB, 1125x2587) Image search: [Google]
Leftypol_Promo.jpg
2 MB, 1125x2587
because assad turned his back on allah
>>
File: 1448327615460.jpg (15 KB, 318x318) Image search: [Google]
1448327615460.jpg
15 KB, 318x318
>>56664582
>>56664728
>not because of religious conflict, economic drought, Arab Spring, oil pipeline, and just shitty US geopolitical moves
>climate change
>>
>>56664820
There's been a serious amount of dam building in the area as well, that is true. China is threatening the same shit against India.

Food and Water and the lack thereof are what can really ignite people, it's not like Assad's people were nice guys in the past.
>>
Alawites are only 10% of Syria's population, but they have 100% of the power.

It might have been a secular regime, but the Assad family ran it like a clan putting their family members in all the top positions.

The link between social media and the arab uprisings is that gave people a way to organize politically and share information in a way that the regimes had been suppressing for decades and suddenly became impossible to control.
>>
>>56664324
Some college kids protested Assad's regime demanding more democratic proceseses. Assad ignored them. Protests shifted to demands for Assad's removal. Security forces opened fire. Protests intensified and officers defected.
http://www.nytimes.com/2013/02/09/world/middleeast/a-faceless-teenage-refugee-who-helped-ignite-syrias-war.html?_r=2
>>
>>56664324
Contrary to what these idiots will tell you. Assad after agreeing to only ever sell oil for the USD (like nearly all big oil countries agreed to a long time ago in order to keep the USD as the currency of international trade by linking it with 99% of oil) started selling oil for other currencies, most notably directly to the Chinese. Saddam was doing the same, and so they over threw him, didn't stop Qaddafi so, they over threw him and that brutal death video obviously didn't stop Assad as he was being Russian backed so the CIA started to fund Syrian rebels to overthrow Assad and take control of the oil back and make sure it is only ever sold for USD. If they let even one small country sell for other currencies others will follow suit. ALL of this can be tied back to the 'Federal' reserve and the private (repeat that private NOT government, even though it's called 'federal') national banks that the Jews use to control your country and the west.
>>
>>56664915
>Religious conflict
Has always been a thing to some degree in the region
Shitty geopolitics has been the case there since the end of WW2, just another Tuesday in the mideast.

The Mid-east exploded when people had a tough time affording bread.
>>
>>56665122
> Muh Oil-spiracies.
>>
>>56665116

great example

it'd be similar to outside countries funding and arming the Black Lives Matters protesters
and shipping in hardened fighters to train and fight along side them
>>
>>56665020

Don't we need a brutal nigger at the top to keep other brutal niggers in check? What happens if Syrians vote? They'll just vote for terrorists.
>>
File: h8_assange-n.jpg (16 KB, 263x371) Image search: [Google]
h8_assange-n.jpg
16 KB, 263x371
>>56664324
This guy
>>
File: Simpsons2.jpg (72 KB, 706x540) Image search: [Google]
Simpsons2.jpg
72 KB, 706x540
>>56664915
If resources get scarce, you'll have to figure out which people have to die for the greater good.

Everyone is already brown, so the only thing left is sectarianism.
>>
>>56664324
Syrians bred like rabbits, population went from 4 million to 24 million in 50 years. Meanwhile the drought between 2006 and 2011 killed 70% of livestock. Farmers abandoned the area moved to overpopulated cities, where there was nothing to do, no jobs. Shit started hit the fan, widespread protests and Assad could not contain it this time

tl;dr overpopulation and drought
>>
>>56665122
this
>>
>>56665221
>believing the CIA over threw Assad, Hussein AND Qaddafi cause they were big meanies to their citizens and the CIA are just stand up guys

The CIA undeniably took a role in all 3 countries, and are openly continuing to fund Syrian rebels. Why do YOU think they did it, if not to protect the USD. The federal reserve is printing money like never before they NEED to keep the USD as the international trade currency, Are you really okay with admitting it's a coincidence that America has gotten involved in 3/3 countries who started to deal with China and Russia?
>>
File: 1430586720589.png (300 KB, 603x600) Image search: [Google]
1430586720589.png
300 KB, 603x600
>>56665343
Wouldnt many wars be classified as a resource war then?
>>
File: Water.jpg (8 KB, 274x184) Image search: [Google]
Water.jpg
8 KB, 274x184
Causes
The Arab Spring is widely believed to have been instigated by dissatisfaction with the rule of local governments, particularly by youth and unions, though some have speculated that wide gaps in income levels may have had a hand as well.[43] Other analysts pointed to the fourth stage "Toppling the Regimes" of the Al Qaeda strategy for world domination, described in Fouad Hussein's book published in 2005.[44] Numerous factors led to the protests, including issues such as dictatorship or absolute monarchy, human rights violations, political corruption (demonstrated by Wikileaks diplomatic cables),[45] economic decline, unemployment, extreme poverty, and a number of demographic structural factors,[46] such as a large percentage of educated but dissatisfied youth within the entire population.[47][48] Catalysts for the revolts in all Northern African and Persian Gulf countries included the concentration of wealth in the hands of autocrats in power for decades, insufficient transparency of its redistribution, corruption, and especially the refusal of the youth to accept the status quo.[49] Some protesters looked to the Turkish model as an ideal (contested but peaceful elections, fast-growing but liberal economy, secular constitution but Islamist government).[50] More broadly, increasing food prices and famine rates associated with climate change may have acted as "stressors" that contributed to unrest in the region.[51][52][53]

>More broadly, increasing food prices and famine rates associated with climate change may have acted as "stressors" that contributed to unrest in the region.

Bad politics makes people unhappy and dissatisfied. Not being able to feed their children makes them take up arms against the government.

Drought and food scarcity. Egypt and Syria and other hot spots in the ME.
>>
File: 1396469266963.jpg (67 KB, 369x365) Image search: [Google]
1396469266963.jpg
67 KB, 369x365
>>56665519
>The federal reserve is printing money like never before they NEED to keep the USD as the international trade currency,

A graduate of the Glenn Beck school of economic theory? How's the Gold treatin ya?
>>
>>56664728
If you ever want to be able to predict revolutions, just refer back to the FAO food index every few months. When it goes above 210 prepare for some fireworks.
>>
>>56665707
>climate change

so because its getting hotter they're killing each other?

fuck and you people think I'm tinfoil for believing in ayylmaos
>>
>>56664582
Please save the planet by killing yourself
>>
>>56665545
Even Hitler's Lebensraum was justified as a need for a solid, reliable agricultural base for the German people, so yes.
>>
>>56665987
It's fact not theory. The federal reserve is printing money 'like it's going out of fashion' as Bill Whittle said the other day. That is NOT sustainable and losing it's place in oil would ruin you. I find it very very hard to believe it was these 3 specific countries that you got involved in the rebellion with so heavily.
>>
>>56666197
>>56666203
>I'm triggered by the term Climate Change and how does drought even work?

Never stop being this stupid.
>>
>>56664582
>Extended drought
Kek. Fellow Californians, rise up!!
>>
>>56665707
isn't it past your bedtime, bernie?
>>
>>56666361
>It's fact not theory. The federal reserve is printing money 'like it's going out of fashion' as Bill Whittle said the other day. That is NOT sustainable and losing it's place in oil would ruin you
It's a THEORY put forth by the same guys who have been predicting hyper-inflation for over a decade now, at the very least.
>>
File: 1431277894405.gif (1 MB, 300x275) Image search: [Google]
1431277894405.gif
1 MB, 300x275
>>56665122

This.
>>
>>56664915
berniebots man
>>
>>56666393
You are seriously going to compare the situation in California, a State within a massive, wealthy agricultural nation, to a small relatively poor nation in the Middle East?

This is you being stupid sarcastically, right?
>>
>>56666450
Which guy(s)?
>>
>>56666420
Facts have this terrible Liberal bias, it's known.
>>
>>56666593
But the Middle East is fertile. Heck, the nickname for it then was the Fertile Crescent. Israel could produce more than enough food for the amount of land they got.
>>
>>56666666

Don't mind me just checking
>>
Just another chapter in the Arab Spring. Saudis hate Assad so the Saudis are trying to expedite his removal by aiding rebels/ISIS. Add into this fact that Saudi Arabia is a good ally to the US while Syria is a good ally to Russia and you have one spicy meatball.
>>
>>56666660
http://theeconomiccollapseblog.com/archives/tag/hyperinflation

These guys literally quote Bill Whittle in this article, and your boy Bill has predicted hyperinflation for years now. So leaving aside a lot of "economists" with non working models that have predicted hyperinflation all this time, I'll go with the very guy you are fond of citing.
>>
>>56666593
Actually I was laughing at you're stupidity.
>>
>>56664324
Because the Americans wanted it.
>>
>>56664324
Usurpers trying to usurp the throne of the rightfull president of Syria.
>>
>>56667092
well, stop "laughing at you are stupidity", stupid.
>>
File: 1420894043723.png (256 KB, 536x468) Image search: [Google]
1420894043723.png
256 KB, 536x468
>>56666765
>>56666765
>But the Middle East is fertile. Heck, the nickname for it then was the Fertile Crescent.
http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2015/may/8/daniel-pipes-middle-east-runs-out-water/
http://www.businessinsider.com/middle-east-unrest-coincides-drought-climate-change-global-warming-map-2015-4
http://www.irinnews.org/report/90442/syria-drought-pushing-millions-into-poverty
http://www.theguardian.com/environment/2015/aug/27/middle-east-faces-water-shortages-for-the-next-25-years-study-says
>>
>>56667082
>http://theeconomiccollapseblog.com/archives/tag/hyperinflation
not sure why you think these are my boys, I've never seen this site or the authors, and only knew Whittle as he was on the radio with Molyneux. Despite that it's far removed from my original point. Do you have any explanation for the US Funding of 3 government over throws (one with fucking boots on the ground) all shortly after they start to make new oil deals. I'm not usually a conspiracy theorist but I have a hard time believing it after Qaddafi and almost impossible after they keep funding rebels while standing alongside Turkey against Russia.
>>
>>56664324
Because Saudi Arabia wants a pipeline through Syria, so they threw some money around to start a war in Syria and created the "Free Syrian army" with a bunch of foreign warmongers. They did the same shit when they created the Palestinian people, who are really just a bunch of muds from around the middle east, and the Saudis used their money and influence to trick people into thinking they're "indigenous" to Palestine so as to gain more sympathy and hatred towards Israel.

>inb4 JIDF
>>
File: 1322704372754.jpg (161 KB, 1280x906) Image search: [Google]
1322704372754.jpg
161 KB, 1280x906
>>56665122
This senpai
>>
>tfw my family is from Syria
I don't give a fuck anymore. So why should you?
>>
File: large[1].jpg (28 KB, 545x362) Image search: [Google]
large[1].jpg
28 KB, 545x362
>>56667589
>Check the date of that image
>Dec 1 2011
>Mfw been on /pol/ for 4 years
>>
>>56666367
You ignore the facts of Libya and Syria
attempting to
circumvent the USD's stranglehold on oil and blame it all on climate change
Once the dollar is no longer the trading
currency your debt will
destroy America
The destabilisation of Libya, Iraq and Syria are attempts to prevent this but it's inevitable
>>
>>56664897
pretty much this. assad was westernizing syria too quickly. secularism and capitalism were being pushed... probably to be able to cozy up to russia even more. muslims and old school syrians didn't like it much... and the early adopters were getting really rich while those who were resistant to change were getting really poor.
assad vs. old guard
secularism vs. islam
capitalism vs. islam
liberals vs. conservatives
growing wealth inequality
nationalism vs. tribalism

when the people started to stir and resist the change, assad reverted to using repression, torture, death squads, etc... just as any good liberal is wont to do.

finally, civil war.
>>
>>56667589
Oh yeah, the whole point of overthrowing gaddafi was to install cable companies... Damn you're dumb.
>>
>>56665122
source pls. i want to believe.
>>
>>56664582
This doesn't explain why the US is involved and wants Assad overthrown so badly. Bernie only says it's climate change because he knows he can't criticize US foreign policy directly while running for president.
>>
>>56666507
that gif always cracks me up.
>>
>>56668503
well, if syria really is going to play the role of trendsetter... moving away from the petrodollar (as discussed earlier in this thread), the US has a huge stake in the outcome.

russia can't allow syria to fall to the US because qatar would build oil and gas pipelines straight thru to europe ane wreck russia.

one of the two are going down... USA or Russia.
>>
>>56664582
gr8 b8 m8
>>
>>56668378
Look up Bretton-Woods Agreement and the petrodollar/USD-Gold link in the end/post-WW2 era. It's absolutely undeniable that the US wants the 'petrodollar' to remain the standard for oil pricing (that is to say the USD needs to stay as the far most significant currency in oil trading) or you very VERY likely will see rapid inflation, but would they really be willing to overthrow 3 countries, kill two of their leaders, arm terrorists and risk another cold war with Russia to do it is the question. I say yes because your economy really is FUCKED if the petrodollar era ends, thanks to the kikes behind the Fed reserve printing trillions of dolalrs to spend your way out of a recession that the very same kikes caused. More hardline believers in this think that even WW2 was to stop Germany and their non-privatized banking system becoming too powerful, and that going from GBP-USD was the UK's payment to the US for joining the war. some even go as far back as Lincoln and suggest that he was assassinated because of the introduction of Greenbacks (A non-privatized debt-free currency that stopped the kikes being able to tax you cunts on everything you bought).

This is a tl;dr of this guys thoughts. I don't agree with them all, I'm certainly not educated enough to dispute them all either, but it's worth a listen if you have the time.

https://youtu.be/5hfEBupAeo4
>>
>>56668994
interesting
>>
>>56668994
>TONIGHT ON THIS SUNDAYS CAGE MATCH
>TWO SUPERPOWERS ENTER
>ONLY ONE LEAVES
>REMATCH REMATCH REMATCH
>>
Israel
Zog controlled west doing its dirty work
Salafi shitstains ready to be used by them
Syrian bank not submitted to IMF/WB
Oil to be sold too
>>
To spread Wahhabi Islam.
>>
>>56666507
holy shit Putin No!
>>
>>56669278
Then what's with the low oil prices? Isn't it suppose to cause some inflation of the US dollar because banks printed a lot of money but can't spend it all?
>>
>>56664324
Yet another Sunni "muh sharia" uprising.
>>
>>56668994
Right, I'm saying that "climate change" isn't a sufficient explanation for what's happening there. Climate change is codeword for hawkish US foreign policy in the region.
>>
>>56669278
reminds me of this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qs1V333mE7A
>>
>>56667937
>while those who were resistant to change were getting really poor
So poor that they all have smartphones.

>reverted to using repression, torture, death squads, etc
Hi Obama.
>>
>>56665003

Jokes on China because India doesn't need water for their loos.
>>
>>56669887
Low oil prices at the moment are mainly due to US based competition. They want to undercut anything the US makes to re-monopolise (i.e dumping but still profiting substantially probably)
>>
>>56670127
owning a smartphone doesn't make you rich. look at africa... they never developed a telephone infrastructure, so skipped all that investment... went straight to cell towers. now bushmen have cellphones while i still only have a copper wire telephone.

were i live what you are referring to is "nigger-rich". ie. any extra money a person has is "invested" in bling... cellphones, weave, gold teeth, shiny rims, etc.
>>
>>56670508
You guys were saying they had trouble affording bread.

No, they're having trouble MAKING bread in this conflict, and the price has gone up respectively.
>>
>>56670701
yeah, i suppose that after 4 years of civil war the manufacturing, production, and agriculture infrastructure wouldn't be in great shape.

also, i read somewhere that the wave of military aged males to europe was because syrians were fleeing conscription. they don't want to fight for either assad or fsa... so they run and hope that the women and children will be left alone.
>>
>>56664324
Because Assad has to be toppled? 45 yrs and no end in sight
>>
File: image.gif (112 KB, 450x394) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
112 KB, 450x394
>>56664324
Jews diverted water from Golan heights region that normally flowed into Syrian agricultural regions away and into the Sea of Galilee, setting up a scenario for minor famine.

Famine can often create a tinder basket upon which conflict can erupt with foreign instigation and ideology as the spark. For example, the Bolshevik Revolution occurred in large part because a WWI induced famine ravaged Russian metropoles. Similar situation occurred in France prior to the French Revolution (reports that peasants were eating grass; Marie Antoinettes famous [and falsely attributed] response "let them eat cake")
>>
>>56670201
It makes sense now why they shot the plane down. Putin went to Iran yesterday. Iran doesn't deal with the US but the government has a lot of money and controls oil, not easy to overthrow the regime. So if those two oil producing countries make an alliance it could hurt American banks. It was a warning.
>>
>>56671385
so why is syria fighting itself and not warring with israel?
>>
>>56671757
>why is Syria not warring with Israel
Because it's locked in civil war....
>>
>>56671757
...ask ISIS and the "moderate" Sunni Islamist rebels
>>
>>56671668
russia and iran have been allies for a long time.

at one point earlier this year or last year i thought that there might be an opportunity for the US to split the two apart... by helping iran build a pipeline thru northern iraq, thru turkey, and into europe......

if i remember correctly, iran turned down the deal because it didn't want to dishonour its alliance with russia.

they seem to be pretty good allies.
>>
>>56671668
also, iran hasn't been selling oil in USD for years now...

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/iran-ends-oil-transactions-in-us-dollars/
>>
>>56671873
>>56671923
don't be a cunt.

if the cause of syria's problems is diverted water by the jews, why did syrians start fighting themselves instead of the jews?
>>
>>56664324
oil pipeline to europe
>>
>>56667937
>>56664897
fuck off please, this is not the reason, you are just going to trick /pol/sters into thinking that is the reason

Assad is pretty religious himself, just doesn't go out of his way to show it. He works closely with religious leaders in his country. And siding with Russia doesn't make you less religious, see Iran, it is the second most fundamental religious neo-theocracy in the world (after Saudi Arabia), and it sides with Russia. Russia is , despite all the memes, fairly tolerant to Islam, they recognize it as one of their integral national religions, and just opened a huge as fuck mosque in Moscow.

It was more about Baathism, that Arab monarchies don't like, because it is about unifying Arabs together, rather than keeping them divided in little shitty kingdoms
>>
>>56665122
>>56665519

also this

plenty of countries have shitty dictators, but because they sell oil in USD, the americans don't even pretend they do anything bad.
>>
>>56668378
Here's a good article by a former MI5 agent:

https://www.rt.com/op-edge/204063-gorbachev-cold-war-berlin-wall/

She suggests that intervention in Iraq and Libya was motivated by protecting the petrodollar. Ousting Assad is about wanting a Saudi/Qatari pipeline through Syria and subverting Iranian and Russian interests in the region.
>>
>>56664539
I think it was more Qatar than the Saudis. They were the ones who proposed the pipeline that Assad declined.
>>
>>56672171
According to:
>>56673151
it's why the US almost went to war with Iran around that time. It probably would have happened too if US forces weren't stretched so thin at that point.
>>
>>56672385
Because Syria is religiously and ethnically heterogenous and it's really easy to get a multiethnic multicultural country to erupt into civil war. Anyway, when people aren't getting food they only think about one thing: getting food.
>>
File: image.jpg (109 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
109 KB, 640x480
>>56673151
Mind you that a lot of these arguments about the ME don't name the elephant in the room... As if that country doesn't exist at all...
>>
>>56673946
I know, I noticed that You-Know-Who was conspicuously missing from the analysis too...

They also have a vested interest in seeing Assad, a Hezbollah supporter, removed.
>>
>>56670156
top kek
>>
>>56673946
Netaniahoo hypnotized everyone at the UN with his forty five second long silent stare and they must've forgot about Merchantstan.
Thread replies: 105
Thread images: 16

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.