[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why does everyone in the world call it ISIS... But Obama calls
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 6
File: 2014-10-12-obama.jpg (413 KB, 1500x975) Image search: [Google]
2014-10-12-obama.jpg
413 KB, 1500x975
Why does everyone in the world call it ISIS... But Obama calls it EYE SULL?

Can we just agree to call it one or the other? Its fucking annoying.
>>
everyone is trying very hard to turn 'islamic state' into something that isn't related to islam

because we all know it's a religion of peace
>>
>>56650918

It has two names, ISIS and ISIL. One is it's name in Syria the other is it's name in Iraq.
>>
>>56651079

But its the same fucking thing! ... So Levant doesnt want to be a state? If so call it ISIS and be done with it.
>>
Just call it ISLAM.
>>
>>56651303
>But its the same fucking thing!

Don't blame us, it's typical shitty nigger tier Muslim naming schemes. Everything has to have several names that all mean the same thing, unless it's men, then they are all named some variant of Mohammed.
>>
i remember when no one know how to call them IS, ISIL, ISIS, MUSLIM COUNTRY. This is interesting that after like 2 or 3 days after every one start to talking about them one of the names was MUSLIM COUNTRY.
>>
and it was like COUNTRY.... after so short time
>>
>>56650918

Because obama is a muslim terrorist and ISIS is his brothers but he calls them ISIL to detract attention from them. As shown with his comments regarded turkey today, he literally openly supports muslims terrorists and turkey violating the geneva convention against the only country that is actually doing anything against his muslim brothers.

How you amerikucks haven't dragged this chimp out and hung him for treason yet is beyond me. Isn't this why you have guns?
>>
>>56651303
>>56651303
>>56650918
It's because they currently dub themselves the Islamic State (IS) while ISIS and ISIL are predecessor names that are still used because just calling it "The Islamic State" gives it more credibility and universality.
It's symantics, dumbass. Stop thinking so much.
>>
>>56650918
He supports them and would prefer to call them ISIL because he envisions an Islamic state for the entire Levant, not just Syria.
>>
>>56650918
WOW SHITLORD, ARE U TRYING TO LEGITIMIZE THEM??? THE PROPER TERM IS They-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named!!!!!!!!!
>>
>>56652275
What's it like being mentally ill? You even have a conspiracy theory as to why he says 'ISIL' instead of 'ISIS'.
>>
>>56650918
ISIS is a more accurate direct translation from Arabic to English.

ISIL better conveys the actual meaning/geographical contents of "Syria" to the Middle Easterners due to its history.

>>56651547
There are 7 or so different spellings of "Mohammed," so that's not even an exception kek.
>>
>>56651079
no dumb fuck
ISIL = Islamic State in Libya
ISIS = Islamic State in Syria
>>
>>56650918
Because hes a retard who spends his days playing golf and wining and dining celebs.

>Intelligence agencies said this week that Obama knows next to nothing about what goes on in Syria and doesn't seem to want to know.
>>
>>56653169
dont blame him desu
>>
File: 340219.jpg (255 KB, 2000x2000) Image search: [Google]
340219.jpg
255 KB, 2000x2000
>>56652985

Yea but ISIL sounds too much like Lysol... dont you think?
>>
>>56650918
ISIS was ISIL in 2006
>>
File: 4d6.gif (4 KB, 452x523) Image search: [Google]
4d6.gif
4 KB, 452x523
Who knows
>>
>>56653144

ISIL= Islamic State in the Levant
>>
1/2
>>
They dont want to acknowledge the "Syria" part in the name or it will become evident their foreign policy is shit. Keep in mind the average American doesnt know what the letters ISIS stand for
>>
>>56653439
2/2
>>
>>56650918

Call it ISIF
Islamic State In France
>>
>>56653144
God damn you're retarded.
>>
>>56650918
Because since everyone else calls it ISIS, he feels special when he calls it ISIL as if he's starting some kind of trend.
>>
IS = islamic state (what they cal themselves now)

ISIL = islamic state of Iraq and the levant

ISIS = Islamic state of Iraq and al sham

He uses ISIL because it's the English translation.
>>
>>56653439

So after the Paris attacks now we need a
>ISPR
Islamic State Paris France
>ISUS
(lol Eye sus) - Islamic State in United States

etc etc.... Why do we need to make is geographical specific?
>>
Its pretty funny. I thought he'd give up on ISIL but he still insistent on it.
>>
>>56651079
It's not Syria. It's al-Sham, as defined in the Koran.

Levant comes from the French origin, used to describe the Middle East in general (the rising)

Both are acceptable, but technically ISIS would convey more meaning to a Muslim.

ISIL would be an westernized version.

Call it whatever you want, it doesn't matter.
>>
>>56653144
>being this stupid.
>>
>>56653144
someone has already corrected you, but what you just said was stupid enough to warrant being corrected again. The L stands for Levant, not Libya
>>
>They are neither islamic nor are they a state

I wonder how long he'll insist on this idiotic position.
>>
>>56653144
>>56653411
>>56653579
>>56654173
Dammit you're all retarded

The Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant

I S of I and the L
>>
>>56654344

If I was a member of ISIS or EYE SULLL - I would actually be pissed at this point because I am not getting any credit for the terror attacks lol. The lib kucks keep blaming climate change and colonialism. Its fucking hilarious and stupid.
>>
>>56654626

It's charming how libkeks try to avoid looking racist by removing all human agency from non-whites
>>
>>56653280
Not to me. Are you sure your pronunciation of both is correct?
>>
>>56654985

ehh ... maybe people in different parts of the country pronounce it different.
>>
>>56650918
Russians also call it Levant - IGIL
>>
Daesh
>>
I think referring to them as a pagan goddess has just the right amount of irony.
>>
>>56653144
ISIL = Islamic Snackbar in Louisiana
>>
>>56650918
ISIS, islamic state in syria
ISIL, islamic state in levant
>>
>>56650918
Obama is a Muslim so he want to be true to the first language he learned.
>>
Cameron calls it ISIL too
>>
>>56650918
Obongo is actually correct
Levant denotes a border-less caliphate and that is what they are hoping to achieve
Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.