[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Political Correctness
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3
File: image.png (35 KB, 384x384) Image search: [Google]
image.png
35 KB, 384x384
/pol/
What are the Pros and Cons of Political Correctness?

I personally think Pc is the most fucked up thing we face today, even worst than ISIS or AIDS
>I mean, come on it's 2015
>Dude Weed Lmao
>>
>>56625662

Most PC is harmless. Being nice to other races, for example, is being PC and it doesn't hurt anyone.

The issue, however, is being PC towards backward retarded cultures/religions e.g. Islam, because they pose a significant threat to out way of life/values.
>>
>>56625662
PC has its place just as much as anyone else does. What are you even talking about? PC will save the planet from a cold nuclear death.

You better check your privilege right now. This isn't funny.
>>
People should be able to voice their opinions and talk about what they think. Don't forget that PC isn't only about racism or controversies about Islam, it also encompasses things like Americans being unable to say that they aren't thankful for the military and they don't respect the blood sacrifices that are supposedly being made for their sakes.

On the other hand, not being PC does not imply that your speech must be hateful or disrespectful.
>>
islamophobe
>>
>>56625932
"Niceness" isnt even the same as PC.

SJWs like to frame political correctness as "just how people should talk" but it's just about control.

In america, we are more pc than ever before, and racial tension is worse than ever before. When I was in middle school i always told racist jokes with my asian and black friends, and they told racist white jokes with me. There was no hatred involved, but it wasn't pc in any way.

PC is ONLY about controlling language, and is usually the result of people complaining because they have no more legitimate complaints, like the kid at Yale complaining about racism yet also being worth 10 million dollars.
>>
PC is only about the appearance of correctness. All this "acceptance and tolerance" movement is bullshit meant to look good for the lefty guy/gal you want to fuck. Really being accepting is judging people based on their actions. PC is judging people on the basis of their race/gender/sexuality/trendy bs, while saying you're not doing that.
>>
>>56625662

>Pros:

Can feel better and superior about not hurting anyone's (who matter, you racist fascist misogynist) feelings.

>Cons:

You stop solving the actual problems.
>>
File: somuchyes.jpg (2 MB, 1876x8874) Image search: [Google]
somuchyes.jpg
2 MB, 1876x8874
>>56625932
It's more fun to point out our differences and just laugh at them.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VgcnmnJJm88

Also build wall
>>
>>56625662
the dangerous thing about PC is that it is a political ideology, and the thing about ideologies is that they lead to 2 things
>being able to hold completely contradictory beliefs as long as they hold to said ideology
>justification of immoral acts in order to pursue the ideology
>>
There are only pros. We need to prevent culturally insensitive acts like offering free yoga classes and algebra. Please sign this petition to support progress:

https://www.change.org/p/joyce-caldwell-ban-algebra-courses-at-university-of-ottawa?recruiter=433591130
>>
File: 1441347723564.png (10 KB, 564x420) Image search: [Google]
1441347723564.png
10 KB, 564x420
>>56630488
>https://www.change.org/p/joyce-caldwell-ban-algebra-courses-at-university-of-ottawa?recruiter=433591130

This is has to be a joke, just look at the comments
>>
>>56630701
>This is has to be a joke

Poe's Law
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.