[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is climate change really happening?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (194 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
194 KB, 1280x720
Is climate change really happening?
>>
yes but humans have nothing to do with it
>>
>>56616897
/thread
>>
The Earth really does go through temperature cycles.
Whether human influence is significant, or if any human "solution" would have an effect is debatable.
>>
>>56616897
This
>>
The climate always changes
>>
>>56616733
Yes, but now how people think

The next Ice Age is coming and it will fuck our shit up.
>>
The magnetic pole switch that is soon to occur and destroy all life on earth was caused by man made global warming.

Prove me wrong you faggots.
Oh wait, that's right, you can't.

Bring it on, solar radiation.
>>
Even if it is all bullshit, do you still want to keep pouring shit into the air and ocean? Kill all the phytoplankton?
>>
>>56616947
Why do people say this like there aren't hundreds of fucking SCIENTISTS saying the opposite? Why
>>
>>56616733
Climate has been changing constantly on earth for at least 5 billions years.
>>
>>56617746
Well, it's easy just to repeat something you've read on the internet. How many here have actually read a single scientific publication from the Earth sciences? I believe you can not have an educated opinion unless you've read loads and are able to pinpoint issues and make up your own picture based on facts.

Fuck, I'm working in the field and couldn't tell you for certain that the human contribution will fuck us over sooner or later.

The word here is 'believe'. Almost everyone here posting just believes whatever seems to be valid in his or her view of the world - nothing based on facts.
>>
>>56618520
I have seen what climate "scientists" have claimed to for years and learned to disregard their opinions.
>>
>>56619914
Such as?
>>
>>56620062
>muh global cooling
>muh global warming
>muh climate change
Fuck them
>>
>>56620237
Hm, indeed. What a concise and thought out argument.
>>
You know, i hear a lot of people talking about how to stop climate change...

But not many people want to talk about surviving it. I'm sure there must be some contingencies in place.
>>
>>56620350
You didn't ask for one you little shit
>>
>>56620237
>the polar ice caps are shrinking
>the polar ice caps are growing ice
agreed
>>
>>56620418
Well, one way to tackle things is to scientifically figure out how the human interaction will change the various climate components in the mid- and long-term, thus allowing for policies that accommodate for that - e.g. don't build near river X, stay away from coast Y, region Z will be drought stricken soon, so don't plant there, .. and so on.
>>
>>56616897
Yep
>>
>>56616733
10,000 years ago most of the northern hemisphere was covered in ice. Climate change is happening, always has been happening, and will continue to always happen. Nothing we can do about it tbqh pham.
>>
>>56620418
As long as we have nuclear power and the ocean we will be fine if it gets little cold.

If we got the time we could try to use satellites to block or redirect light to earth
>>
CO2 is a greenhouse gas. More CO2 in the atmosphere = greater greenhouse effect.

>>56620537
>Glaciers and Arctic sea ice are melting
>lol it's ok guys the Antarctic ice sheet is fine
>>
>>56617147

>north becomes south
>south becomes north
>north pole still ice
>south pole still ice
>everything in between still temperate and comfy
>somehow this means the end of humanity
>>
>>56616733
It's happening but it's not caused by humans and it's only going to kill niggers.
>>
>>56620914
I remember a few years ago when ice started melting in greenland the enviro-nuts were saying it was the end of the world and that the ice levels have never been that low before. Then it melted a bit more and we found old mines from a few thousand years ago.

Can not be bothered to take nut cases serious anymore, but you sure are fun to laugh at.
>>
It is happens and the people that matter know
>>
>>56620062
Such as the have predicted an ice free Arctic for 30 years now and keep moving the goalposts.
>>
File: image.jpg (742 KB, 570x1012) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
742 KB, 570x1012
>>56617124
We're in an ice age now.
>>
We are actively engaged in weather modification. See: stratospheric aerosol geoengineering, solar radiation management, David Keith.
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.