[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Are you elite? /pol/ (definition of elite is attending or got
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 81
Thread images: 13
File: 1430226473920.png (109 KB, 510x606) Image search: [Google]
1430226473920.png
109 KB, 510x606
Are you elite? /pol/ (definition of elite is attending or got degree from top 3% universities in your country)

I can speak engrishu desu senpai! so I am elite^^
>>
Studied at University of Sydney in Australia.

Not 'elite' but it was a quality university with good teachers and rigorous testing.

Also I bet the kids studying at those 'elite' universities have egos the size of the moon.
>>
>>56584186
HIROSHIMA NAGASAKI BEST DAY OF MY LIFE!!!!!
FUCKING RICE EATER
>>
#24 kek.

Top 3% reporting in.
>>
>Berkeley

It's not worth it baka desu senpai
>>
>always get shit on by rest of the world about education
>dominate top 100 schools in the world

Jokes on everyone else I became a truck driver.
>>
>>56584186
> elite
Do a honors course at any university and you can be ''elite''. Even though imo if you do an honors you're a fool with too much time on his hands to me, not worth it!
>>
File: 1445995863776_u18chan.jpg (39 KB, 741x486) Image search: [Google]
1445995863776_u18chan.jpg
39 KB, 741x486
>>56584926
if you choose your university based on your political leanings you are an idiot
>>
>>56585059
Considering how expensive tuition is our schools should be the best in the world.

I don't attend any of those schools, but I was accepted into a couple and decided not to go for financial reasons.
>>
>>56585716

>Implying there are any non-liberal biased universities in the first place
>>
>going to kikeversity ever

fuck off pleb

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EXdU1O0lQko
>>
What if you live and study in a country without an
>>
>>56584186
Hurts my autism that the Japanese uni has the white background.

Eurozone BTFO btw. UK and Switzerland are the pride of Europa.
>>
Fuckin smartphone crap with its fuckin tiny display...
What if you live and study in a country without any real elite universities? Here in Germany most private universities are way to small to provide a acceptable advantage in relation to the costs. Well there are some cities with good connections to some specific industry. For example erlangen/nürnberg, where I study has got Siemens here or if you want to study nuclear science than probably Heidelberg is ja good choice. Way to many people study after school in Germany, but most of them get fucked in the Ass within the first few exams or end up with a useless degree.
>>
I am in top 10, get fucked faggots.
>>
Am I plebeian?
>>
Where is USC? Top 25 in the world for engineering anyways.
>>
>>56590029
At least the best in my country...
>>
>>56589594
det finns 50 universitet och högskolor i sverige ditt mongo, grattis till top 20%
t. kth
>>
File: White Japanese Officer.jpg (85 KB, 480x640) Image search: [Google]
White Japanese Officer.jpg
85 KB, 480x640
>>56584186
source?
>>
>>56590501
http://www.shanghairanking.com/ARWU2015.html
>>
I'm 30 without a GED, so I cannot say "I'm elite" in this case....
>>
>>56584186
Currently studying in the best Engineering Uni here
Its rank #5 here in Flipland overall
>>
>>56590547
All those irrelevant unis ranked above UT Austin.
>>
My school is ranked in the top 30 of USA College News thing. Strangely not on OP image. UCSD,UCSF,and Toronto should not be on this list. Carnegie Mellon, McGill, Dartmouth are all better off the top of my head.

Now that I'm out it's all bullshit though. I know smarter people IQ wise that didnt jump through fabricated hoops and went to state schools
>>
The total number of private and public schools in the US is 2474 so if you go to a school nationally ranked 74 or higher that's within the top 3%
>>
>>56584186

my first cousin teaches at MIT; my family has been going to Harvard for hundreds of years. but I dropped out of a state school.

There's no time for anything like that, especially these days. ww3 incoming; best bet is to find shelter soon
>>
>>56584186
2nd in my country and the first one doesn't even offer my degree (Chemistry) so, basically the first in my country.

Elite ez
>>
>cornell above dartmouth
topkek.jpg
>>
>>56584186
I wonder how this shit is ranked. I mean, back when I was an engineering student, there was a severe lack of Norwegian teachers, because the vast majority of people with an engineering degree were actually working as engineers. We even had a couple of physics teachers working at CERN, but they only taught the occasional semester when they were home in Norway. We even had some Iranian teachers who could barely speak Norwegian.

When I decided to look up some courses from prestigious US universities that were recorded and put on Youtube, they lesson plans were exactly the same, and they even used the same books. I wouldn't have learned more by going there, than going to my underfunded, shitty engineering college.
It seems like it's simply used as a ranking system of its students. To get into an Ivy League college, you need to have the best grades (or at least, it used to be like this), so those colleges get the best students, and thus the best results.
>>
File: pepe6.jpg (345 KB, 1832x2366) Image search: [Google]
pepe6.jpg
345 KB, 1832x2366
>tfw not even attending a top 250 university

Why do I even try fám.
>>
>>56584186
I have no idea.

But the degree helped me get a job so I'd say yes.
>>
>>56592406
Which uni? Surrey?
>>
I study Law at a top 10. Top 100 in the world. I am most definitely elite.
>>
Engineering at #1 in Brazil here. Wanna work in IB though
>>
I went to Georgetown and then Dartmouth before going back to Chinkland. Both good schools, it's a shame about their shitty world rankings though. Cornell at #13, what a biased list you have there.
>>
File: kebab.jpg (4 KB, 186x74) Image search: [Google]
kebab.jpg
4 KB, 186x74
>>56595372
me too (top 30) but i still consider law to be irrelevant once you reach the hight of politics/economics and most law students to be obnoxious and narrow-minded

so get rekt bongkek
>>
>>56598534
>top 30
Yeah, you study at somewhere shit. It does not count and I do not respect your opinion.
>>
>>56598610
top 30 in the WORLD.

and top 1 in my country probably idk and idc because ranking an entire university is clickbait-tier retarded (rank single faculties if you actually want a valable comparison).
>>
>>56598890
Which uni? And which ranking are you using?
>>
Student at one out of two private business and economics colleges in Norway. Not that good tho. I had the oppertunity to study at Berkeley, but turned it down. And there is to much retards and sjw's. Same with official/free universities
>>
>>56584186
>in your country
yes then I'm elite. not going to help me though.
>>
>>56590850
Austin is relevant? When did that happen?
>>
mfw I turned down an offer at University of Tokyo to be a neet and play WoW all day

We're all gonna make it brah
>>
Oxford>Cambridge, everyone knows this
>>
>>56599347
And your alma mater, London Met ... ?
>>
>>56584186
>dat list

Only Stanford, Harvard and Yale matter.

Thats where the elite of the elite come from.

MIT, for example, is 3rd. But their graduates barely make any money compared to economic or political positions in the market.
>>
>>56584186
Not really. I work trade and have the scars to prove it.
I may not be "elite" but I am content and want for nothing.
>>
>>56584186

>MIT below Harvard

trash-tier ranking.
>>
>>56598991
want my SSN too?

bongistanis, everyone
>>
>>56599850
No, I want you to back up what you're saying, you lying faggot.
>>
>>56599603

>But their graduates barely make any money compared to economic or political positions in the market

Engineering graduates are guaranteed at least an $70k starting salary and are orders of magnitude more productive than skill-less c͏ucks from Harvard
>>
>>56600033
>>56599799

Someone is salty, I am sure MIT will accept you senpai, be sure to keep sending them love letters, it will pay off in the end.
>>
I like curvy African chicks. Does that make me elite? I don't know. Cunts.
>>
>>56600033
>70k

The 1% makes at least 650k.

The elite of the elite make at least 10 times that.

And guess where the majority of them come from?

Princeton, Harvard, Yale and Stanford.

Its not about knowledge and degrees. Its about contacts.
>>
>>56584186
is manchester elite? can't be bothered to look it up, i don't think it is, i'm surrounded by mouthbreathers. no university populated by this many rabid leftists can be elite. for some of the engineering courses and physics it's classed as "elite" globally though, or at least it was when I started here a few years ago. We've probably given too many places to dumb pakis and niggers to be classed as elite now.

i've met a few harvard and oxford grads and i wouldn't trust them to tie my shoes without written instructions to be honest family. it's possible to be "elite" and still be a fucking idiot.
>>
>>56600472
No, it's mid-tier.
>>
File: CUcqoWeWwAA0JCX.jpg (68 KB, 600x739) Image search: [Google]
CUcqoWeWwAA0JCX.jpg
68 KB, 600x739
>>56584186

you mean elitou
>>
>>56591652
>tfw ranked in the 90s

r-roll tide
>>
Where did this engineering meme come from? You're not fooling anyone. The only thing you're engineering is your wonky tower of piss bottles.
>>
File: 1353851979362.jpg (33 KB, 571x309) Image search: [Google]
1353851979362.jpg
33 KB, 571x309
Let me guess - the evaluation was developed and carried out by U.S. researchers?

>inb4 Germany so mad

i couldnt care less if germany appears in that list or not. i just think that a similar comparison carried out by japanese, chinese or british scientists would look significantly different. its all about the prioritization of criteria.

all forgiven and forgotten if you can tell me the study was not made in the united burgers.
>>
>>56584186
erm...
>inb4 sjw infection of all those institutions
>>
>>56600472
*wouldn't trust a pretty large number of them to tie my shoes, obviously most of them are fairly smart. i'm comfortable in saying i'm more intelligent than most of them, though, and i'm still fully aware of my limitations. here in the UK getting into oxbridge usually comes down to where you went to school, how influential your parents are and how well you were prepared for the interviews (this isn't something you can do on your own, the vast majority of those who get onto popular courses have been prepared in advance). sure, a few kids get lucky and somehow apply for a course and college that will accept them and have a nice interview on the day, but they're a minority.
>>
File: hurrdurrimreturd.png (10 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
hurrdurrimreturd.png
10 KB, 300x300
>>56584750
>>
>>56600535
that's what i thought, i applied for the course rather than the uni. i'd advise anyone thinking of coming here to seriously consider other universities first, this place is pretty shit.
>>
>>56600617
explain. a lot of people take engineering for the qualification and job prospects, not because they want to be engineers, it's true. and who the fuck would want to be an engineer anyway? you get paid poorly and get shat on from high up all day long.
>>
File: 1448283259215.jpg (45 KB, 373x332) Image search: [Google]
1448283259215.jpg
45 KB, 373x332
>tfw #301-350 worldwide
>>
>>56600363
The question is, what's the point of having so much money?
>>
im a poor fat neet like the rest of /pol/

why lie
>>
>>56601235
i'm also fat and poor, I just go to class a few times a week too
>>
File: Toronto2.png (218 KB, 1048x831) Image search: [Google]
Toronto2.png
218 KB, 1048x831
>>56584186

>University of Toronto
>Where Elite Canadians come from

Good one.
>>
File: RPI.png (120 KB, 506x272) Image search: [Google]
RPI.png
120 KB, 506x272
>>56600136

I'm already enrolled at a high-ranking engineering school. How does it feel to be an unproductive c͏uck?

>>56600363

The 1% makes at least 650k.
>And guess where the majority of them come from?

Am I supposed to be impressed? There's nothing prestigious about getting an MBA/law degree or having contacts and getting a job handed to you. You're still completely skill-less and easily replaced
>>
>>56601346
Being skilled doesnt make you elite.

Having contacts and money makes you elite. And MIT graduates wont have either in their lives.

They will spend their lives working for those corporations owned by Princeton, Harvard, Yale and Stanford graduates.
>>
>>56600363
>Its not about knowledge and degrees. Its about contacts.

you're absolutely right, which is why somebody who is excellent at networking can go to a shitty state school and still end up in a better position than the majority of harvard and yale grads.
>>
>>56601117

Fuck you for reminding me that In Bruges was dubbed in Tagalog.

Jesus fucking christ.
>>
>>56584186

These are research rankings (hence SD and cal being so high). The only undergraduate rankings that matter in the US are the USnews ones
>>
>Not using the subject specific rankings

Do you really want to get lumped in with all the social scientists?
>>
4.25 weighted
2180 sat
buttload of clubs
advice senpai?
>>
File: 1324249657349.jpg (46 KB, 493x533) Image search: [Google]
1324249657349.jpg
46 KB, 493x533
>study in a university that is nowhere near relevant or elite
But it's ok, it's not like I hoped to matter anyway
>>
>>56584186
No... I study mech. eng. at a rural university in Germany. Uni's not drowning in money, no top of the notch tech or international reputation here, but it is a solid education.

I'm quite satisfied, although I'm mirin MIT and the like very hard.
>>
>>56584926
Berkeley's fine. Its mostly studious asians and indians. But that list is missing the Colorado School of Mines, which is harder to get into than MIT.
Thread replies: 81
Thread images: 13

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.