[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
considering joining the U.S. Military
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 7
File: image.jpg (393 KB, 1536x1022) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
393 KB, 1536x1022
considering joining the U.S. Military basically just bc idk what else to do after high school. what branch should I sign for?
>>
>>56563949
ask /k/
>>
>>56563949

Join the Air Force. Go for Special Forces. Become a Special Operations Weather Technician.
>>
File: modern military.jpg (86 KB, 724x407) Image search: [Google]
modern military.jpg
86 KB, 724x407
>>56563949
the one that wears red pumps
>>
>>56563949
AIR FORCE
>>
File: vc52boy.jpg (56 KB, 502x560) Image search: [Google]
vc52boy.jpg
56 KB, 502x560
>>56564053
>combat weatherfag
>literally replaced by a fucking phone
>>
>>56563949
>basically just bc idk what else to do after high school

First, explore your other options. If you seriously have no way to further your education or if you don't have other opportunities, then enlist. But if your family can help you with college, go to school instead. If the military if your only option, and if you aren't overly patriotic, then join the Army National Guard. Not only will your college be paid for, but being a "weekend warrior" will afford you the free time needed to go to school. In the Active Army, for example, you wont have much time to do anything other than your military job. But personally, I'd recommend waiting until you're 21 before joining. This will not only give you time to really consider your options, but you'll be able to drink. Trust me, no one wants to be in the military...all alone in some foreign state/country...and invited out to drink for your battle buddies but youre too young. Best option is just chillin for a minute.
>>
Air force ameribro
>>
>>56563949
Join the marines, you get a ceremonial saber and a fancy evening dress uniform.

You either come out of it with a potty mouth, or a potty mouth made out of gold.
>>
dont.

go to state school
>>
>>56563949
Not the army unless you like being yelled at by sassy black sergeants who don't need no man.
>>
army if you want to be a soldier or are into operating huge vehicles

navy if you like to travel, like ships and being out to sea

air force if you want the comfiest living arrangement (such as it is)

marines if you want the prestige of always doing things the hard way rather than the smart way

coast guard if you actually want to help americans

I'm a navy vet btw.
>>
Army -> cyber
Or
Air Force -> cyber

>get to be hacker
>hack into foreign governments
>10s of thousands in free training
>valuable skills to make ~100k after military
>>
>>56564247
My friend has said he is planning to join the marines I kind of also want to join but I also what to go to college. Anyone know about how good ROTC is
>>
Look into trade schools, honestly. We need more skilled labor in certain fields, and it's a whole lot cheaper than general education at a college or uni. Army is a good choice if you find nothing else to do, Navy just sits around annapolis and hosts shows, marines are dumb fucks and air force is neat but your chances of being a pilot are low compared to just an average joe saying he's in the air force.

>>56564247
And a sense of entitlement.
>>
I almost went air force because it has the best living situation and job prospects afterward, especially with my 95 asvab

Luckily my parents un-kicked me out so I'm still in college and didn't have to be a military serf. Might go officer after graduating tbhtho
>>
>>56563949

Get a real job you faggot.
>>
>>56564524
Can you go marines then cyber
>>
>>56564524
Seriously though this is the best option. After you get out you don't have to worry about "muh VA benefits" because you're a top-tier computer scientist and hacker whose skills are in ridiculously high demand.

Depending on the training program you get into, it's better than a degree in CS by far.
>>
>>56564169
Just out of curiosity, can American soldiers between the ages of 18/19-21 drink in Canada while on active duty? Or in any other country that has a different drinking age for that matter?
>>
>>56563949
1. Air Force
2. Navy
3. Coast guard
4. Army
5. Marines

There is your military branch power rankings if you want a career in or after the military.
>>
>>56563949
Do you need the wealfare or just want to be a globalist mercenary?
Merrican Jewbankers will always need good goy to protect them and enforce race-mixing on white countries so its good steady work.
>>
>>56564863
CG should definitely be #1 there, I've always been amazed by the level of cross training they get compared to the other branches. The other 4 branches specialize you to the point where you're just a cog in a machine, but in the CG you actually know how the machine works.
>>
File: 1375023874910.jpg (105 KB, 790x1103) Image search: [Google]
1375023874910.jpg
105 KB, 790x1103
Army Captain here.

Go Air Force.

I'm a Liaison Officer with an F-16 squadron and life is so chill that it is almost unreal.

Obviously if you have the means, go to school first and come in as an officer.

If not, once you join immediately start hammering away at a bachelor's degree using Tuition Assistance, it's free. I'm deployed and every Air Force enlisted and most officers are taking like 9 hours. It's the way to go.
>>
>>56565033
Did not consider that, the CG does not get the respect that it deserves.
>>
>>56564605
How hard was the asvab?

I'm hoping to become a test pilot later on, but thats a different test I think
>>
>>56563949
Enjoy fighting for the Jews.

And they could care less about you. They don't respect dupes.
>>
>>56563949
Armyfag

Go to Air Force and don't get a DUI. Friend I knew in high school became a Journalist in Germany after going air force. Get a cake job and enjoy
>no DUI tho forreal
>>
>>56564169
How much does the guard actually conflict with a civilian career though? I've heard it can include Fridays and it actually gets more complicated than it seems
>>
>>56565378
>how hard was the asvab
not

buy a study guide, use it, and pick whatever job you want

only officers are pilots btw and it is EXTREMELY competitive, you not only have to be the smartest and most physically fit but you can easily get disqualified if there is anything wrong with you medically. I've seen people get dropped because of skin conditions.
>>
>>56565043
Yeah it's chill if you're not a maintainer.
Which I am, please save me from this airframe.
>>
>>56563949
Marines if you want to kill people
Army if you want to be cannon fodder
Navy if you're homosexual
Air Force if you want to be comfy
>Coast guard
>>
>>56565523
I was going to go to school and work on that and rotc so I can join as an officer.

Fuck though, I have seasonal allergies.
Hope I could still do it, since its something I really want to do in life
>>
>>56564524
>get employed by banks as white hat after tours.
set for lyfe.
>>
>>56565768
very few people in ROTC are allowed in aviation, its mostly academy graduates

also those allergies would likely DQ you
>>
>>56565616

you knew better than this when you joined! who told you otherwise?!

also, every weatherman i've met has been very, very intelligent and a raging alcoholic, bar none.
>>
>>56565959
because some of us wanted to serve our country not be a welfare queen fucking noner
>>
It's not that bad. Sure it sucks is stressful and everything terrible you heard is true.

But you do get a steady paycheck and its still better than suicide. You really could do worse.
>>
File: fuckthetroopsreply.png (18 KB, 498x395) Image search: [Google]
fuckthetroopsreply.png
18 KB, 498x395
Are you fucking stupid? That was a rhetorical question, it's obvious that you are fucking stupid for even considering joining the military.

The military is a cult. It literally uses the same practices as any other cult. You will be separated from your friends and family, indoctrinated with a set of beliefs, and be a part of a hierarchy where all the power is based at the top.

Don't fucking do it. You will lose basically all of your constitutional and civil rights. You won't be able to refuse a search, you won't be able to engage in free speech, the military will own your ass like you're an indentured servant.

My advice is to fully explore the career opportunities in your local community.
>>
don't be retarded. go to trade school and become a welder or something analogous thereto
>>
>>56566176
welders have shit job security and shit pay relative to most trades, they also aren't at all in demand
>>
Oh and if you're a dumbass 18yo the military is fucking great because you get paid and go to college when you are less dumb.

Or do it my way, which is the opposite.
>>
File: 1428506888960.jpg (89 KB, 606x728) Image search: [Google]
1428506888960.jpg
89 KB, 606x728
>>56565724
>>
>>56566088

oh cry more, not my fault you fucked up your asvab. and GLO isn't a permanent job this is just one assignment, I work with Patriot normally.
>>
>>56564437
>>56565724
Lol that shit is so inaccurate.
>>
File: loadingscreen.jpg (256 KB, 1024x512) Image search: [Google]
loadingscreen.jpg
256 KB, 1024x512
>>56563949
I'd read this thread if I were you. If you want to get into MI, go for 35 series.

>>56551328

Before you choose something, do take a ASVAB test to see what you're really eligible for.
>>
>>56566863
great contribution to the thread chum
>>
>>56566863
>Iraq

Reserve marine or Isis member?
>>
>>56565925
Well shit, I don't think I could get into AFA.
>>
>>56566564
Maintainers have high ASVAB scores moron. Maybe not the crew chiefs.

Fuck off nonner
>>
>>56563949
I believe WW3 is around the corner, buddy. So, be careful.

And you better hope you're fighting for Trump and not Hillary.
>>
>>56565959
Weatherman? Nah avionics, I didn't want the f-16 I was told it was a nightmare. But they did it too me anyways.
>>
Tfw fucked up in highschool but still want to be a pilot in the air force

Should i even bother trying
Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.