[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>SJWs bitching for "gender slider" in video game
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 4
File: BethesdaJW.jpg (30 KB, 260x244) Image search: [Google]
BethesdaJW.jpg
30 KB, 260x244
>SJWs bitching for "gender slider" in video game character creation
>conveniently forget Bethesda already included one in Skyrim
>>
>>56561318
so we can't choose to be male or female now
>>
mods'll fix it

bethesda is too lazy to put more than 2 in
>>
>>56561596
Nope, you're going to just have to morph your characters body to the way you see fit. If it happens to have tits and girlish but still mainly man like features than congratulations you've created whatever you want it to be.
>>
>>56561318
Its a male or female model right?

How can you chose something in between how does that work? Like a dick and tits?
>>
>>56561689
By being mentally ill.
>>
File: ef1.png (327 KB, 432x420) Image search: [Google]
ef1.png
327 KB, 432x420
>>
Pretty sure that's just a masculinity/femininity slider, purely for visual customization.

Sex in skyrim is binary. For all characters, including the player character.
>>
>>56561689
It just snaps to one end or the other for male or female, it doesn't actually slide. I guess they figured that changing from the sliders in the rest of the character creation screen would give players an aneurysm from the challenge it presented.

Come to think of it, none of them actually slid, they clicked between different presets.
>>
>>56562031

It's probably literally just because making radial buttons instead of a slider would have required more effort. That and it could be slightly harder to control with a controller, you know if you're fucking stupid enough to play first person games with a controller.
>>
>>56561318

Trigger warning

>the Nords/Stormcloaks stimulate a sense of a northern, white nostalgia, that is ancestrally connected to a medieval place. Cooper suggests that, ‘medievally-themed video games are a space where whiteness can be anchored, in a “happy history” where a world is free of multiculturalism and white guilt’.

>Source: http://www.medievalists.net/2015/07/15/when-reality-becomes-fantasy-how-video-games-are-hijacking-the-middle-ages/
>>
>mfw saints row has the most genderfluid character creation system ever devised.
>>
>>56561318
I don't know how anyone takes their retardation seriously
>>
There actually is a hormones slider in the Souls series.
>>
>>56561995
Pretty sure it snaps to either side.
>>
>>56562233

Yeah, you're right. I was thinking of Oblivion, which has a slider like what I described. Wasn't labeled "sex" though.
>>
>>56562146
Not even radial buttons, but just put say
Hair
(Number)
and every time you click left or right it increases or decreases by one number. Say 1 through w/e. It makes more sense than not!sliders.
>>
Anyone can show the slider in fallout 4? also, have they FINALY made it so that MAJORITY of female NPC are beautiful and not some fucking oblivion monster?
>>
>>56562163
What is the best game to realize my power fantasy of steamrolling over the world and subjugating/nuking all non whites?
>>
>Default Preset 1
>Default Preset 1
>Default Preset 1
>Default Preset 1
every other way feels like waste of time, at least for me.
>>
>>56562383
Age of Empires
>>
>>56562367
FO4 doesn't have a slider for changing gender. You just swap between mom and pop at the mirror for who you want to be the main character. Whoever is standing at the mirror when you finish customization is who you play as.

They did okay with not making everyone piss ugly.
>>
>>56562383
Any Civilizations game.
Also
>Korea
>White
>>
>>56562383
Victoria II of course.
>>
>>56562533
Cheers bro

>not Korean thank fucking Christ.
>>
>SJWs bitching

That's your problem OP, you care about what people on Tumblr/Facebook/Twitter think.

All social media is degenerate and full of degenerate idiots.
>>
>>56561318
> let's pander to less than 5% of our audience that doesn't even like video games
>>
>ITT people who've never actually played these games regurgitate what OP says as fact.

It's like I'm really on tumblr
>>
>>56562204

No replies to this? I remember making a naked obese asian dude with a black womans voice. Crazy shit.
>>
>>56561318
>Gender slider
But that wouldn't take into account people who fall outside of the one-dimensional gender scale.
Very oppressive and problematic.
>>
>SJWs screaming about how vidya developers are listening to them and how all the big bad white males need to sit down and shut up because this is OUR hobby now fuccboi!

>Fallout 4 comes out
>Cis white straight couple is the default
>There is NO gay option
Tumblr on suicide watch.
>>
File: 1315220365550.gif (226 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
1315220365550.gif
226 KB, 320x240
Japanese and Eastern European games lack all this shit you know.
>>
>>56562788
Yeah, but you can go full homo after the bombs fall. Every character is bi and DTF, even Mccready who is married with kids.
>>
File: 1445791501598.png (482 KB, 610x480) Image search: [Google]
1445791501598.png
482 KB, 610x480
>>56562788
FO4 seems like it's the most American Fallout of the series by far, and in the best of ways
>muh minutemen
>muh boston
>muh massachusetts
fucking unf
>>
>>56562788

Confirmed for not playing fallout 4. Ive had the option to flirt with another man. They removed the bachelor/faggot perk though (anyone remember if this was in 3 or just NV?)
>>
>>56563090
Confirmed bachelor

Just NV.
>>
Here's the problem with this. In order for there to be a slider you must firmly establish what makes a male a man and a female a woman.

This triggers the SJW.
>>
>>56563090
Tim Cain, the creator of Fallout is a faggot, he's even gay married.
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.