[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /pol/, who /eliteuni/ here? What is your school, what did
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 34
File: ivy-league.jpg (186 KB, 1131x899) Image search: [Google]
ivy-league.jpg
186 KB, 1131x899
Hey /pol/, who /eliteuni/ here?
What is your school, what did your resume look like to get in?
>>
File: 1442977278725.jpg (130 KB, 337x500) Image search: [Google]
1442977278725.jpg
130 KB, 337x500
>>56545349
Vanderbilt. Which I consider pretty /eliteuni/

I went to a really tough high school, became an eagle scout, did a lot of community service and spent hours and hours every night studying/doing homework to get in.

I think what really got me in though was I built a sunflower garden for a struggling native American community. Every time I mentioned that in the interview the guy's eyes lit up. It's a pretty great school and since it's the south everyone seems more down to earth than what I'm used to.
>>
Who /data collection/ here
>>
>>56545727
You sound like a tosser
>>
>>56545349
Ptonfag here (not the heroin guy). Pretty glad to see our student body standing up to the BLM people.

>>56545727
>Vanderbilt
>elite

>>56545846
>implying most people who post won't be lying
>>
File: Brown.png (116 KB, 773x914) Image search: [Google]
Brown.png
116 KB, 773x914
What a wonderful community to be a part of!
also
>cornell
>elite
>>
MIT here.

4.0gpa, 36 on ACTs (obviously), 2400 on SATs, and i have a full scholarship

got accepted to harvard too, but i ain't no fag
>>
>>56545349

I went to a crusty top 20 sckool on the East Coast. My resume consisted of crying about my problems and desire to help people. I had pretty decent grades, too.

The experience of going there, and subsequently a well ranked law sckool, are what led to become a conservative.

Where did you go Opie?

>>56545727
Building a sunflower garden for minorities is exactly the hipster-esque feel good quasi moral garbage that admissions committees love, you would have fit in well at my school

I also saw a few kids who had gotten that Thiel sponsored thing to SKIP college hanging around campus sometimes
>>
>>56545349
Yale exposed as joke nationally after people realized nappy go s screech at free speech. Yale is now a meme school.

Rest of Ivy League soon to follow.

Glad I graduated from Illinois -- the public Ivy. Not only do you get the same education for cheaper, the student body is actively suppressing SJW filth.
>>
>>56546339
This. State school confirmed master race
>>
>>56546201
Another MIT here. 4.01 GPA. 36.01 ACT (obviously). 2401 SAT. Also got accepted to Harvard (twice), but I aint no academic faggot who goes on 4chan prentending like anyone gives a shit about me.
>>
>>56545349
MIT

I took the case off of my alarm clock and put the electrical stuff in a pencil case. The media fell for it and now thinks I'm the next Edison
>>
>>56546325
You cop a scholly to a t14 brah?
>tfw splitter
>fucked
>>
>>56546499
Most kids these days have over a 5.0 GPA. You need to lie better.
>>
>>56546564
I wish, but I'm a white guy. Went to a good law sckool but they only gave me $20k a year scholly.

Would have gone for free if I was black or gay or a woman. Pretty much every whitey I knew there had the same LSAT/GPA and extracurriculars.

You're not f'ed at all, just report that you're Native American. They won't check the claim and you will go to a much better school than you deserve to haha.
>>
>>56546499
>tfw saying you have a 4.01 GPA actually makes you look worse than saying you have 4 if you're taken at face value, because it is assumed that you are working on a different scale with more levels, making 4.01 at least .99 off the maximum
>>
>>56545349
I would never go to any of those.
>(MIT || Barkley) ? ok : gtfo;
>>
File: 1447303573615.jpg (50 KB, 600x400) Image search: [Google]
1447303573615.jpg
50 KB, 600x400
>>56546509
>>
Massachusetts Institute of Technology

My resume wasn't that spectacular honestly. 3.8 GPA, 2230 SAT, but I had a whole metric shit ton of extracurriculars. I was in the my school's jazz ensemble, marching band, and vocal choir. I was also the state champion in the 100m and 200m dash and was a Boy Scout First Class. Of course, I'm a minority so a 3.6 would've been enough for me to get in :^)
>>
speaking of extracurriculars... what's the best school you can get into without having any?
>>
>>56545349
University of Chicago
33 ACT, 3.9 gpa, almost all ap classes my junior and senior year, and eagle scout. Also clubs like mathletes and shit.
>>
>>56546072
100 million? ONE HUNDRED MILLION to "address" racism?

thats absurd.
>>
>>56547696
>brown
>>
>>56546974
Sounds made up.
>>
Well fuck my ass and call me schloma....

Is that a book with hebrew letters in yale ?
God damn the USA is beyond cücked.. fucking kikes the lot of you
>>
I graduated from UC Berkeley, but I transferred in from a community college. I got all As at the community college without even really trying, it was so piss easy. When I got to Berkeley I got a swift kick in the ass because coasting wouldn't cut it anymore. I still coasted though and graduated with a 3.4 GPA. College is a joke, even so-called "elite" schools.
>>
What's this yankee shit? I went to Oxford and the Sorbonne.
>>
File: image.jpg (51 KB, 170x170) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
51 KB, 170x170
>>56545349
>/eliteuni/
>heh, more like /plebuni/
>>
File: 1446535916838.jpg (11 KB, 202x182) Image search: [Google]
1446535916838.jpg
11 KB, 202x182
I got accepted to Cornell, going to be moving up next year.

103 hours community service, homeschooled, 4.9 weighted GPA, 3.95 unweighted GPA, 2100 SAT score. Still technically in high school, given I have to wait a few months for the year to end, but I have all my credits and whatnot. So I'm working at a gun store 60 hours a week doing something I enjoy until I graduate.

I'll be studying Aerospace Engineering with a minor in Mechanical Engineering. I'm sort of spooked, honestly. I've left this little town in BFE literally a couple dozen times in my life. Math wasn't my strongest suit, but when applying math to an actual physical problem such as in aerospace, it makes sense to me.

Should I be worried about being overwhelmed?
>>
>not even in a top 10 Uni
Might as well kill myself
>>
>>56546624
I actually have above a 5.7 gpa because my school calculates it differently
>>
quick question
whats your instant thought when you hear the following universities

Buffalo, Amherst, Bloomington, Maryland and Wisconsin (Milwaukee)
>>
>>56545349
Can somebody explain to me what the point of these things are? If the latest news from Yale has proven they're just typical colleges with probably the same education standards as most other places that attract the same type of brain dead morons that need "Higher education" to hold their hand because they are incapable of a critical thought of their own.

What really is the difference between Harvard and some random state school? Is it just a prestige thing? Because if that's the case then is it safe to say the idea of "advanced academia" is dead?
>>
>>56550498
>Amherst
I live near this it fucking sucks. All the kids are rich or foreigner and rich (think oil princes). Absolutely retarded out of touch with reality types, but these are the unfortunate leaders of tomorrow. Stupid breeds stupid I suppose, just don't know why everyone is surprised that hyper sensitive liberals control everything they flock to these hugboxes like moths to the flame.
>>
>>56550498
I went to Maryland. It's a good school. A lot of people hold it in high regard.
>>
>>56547933
Speak when you've gone to an actual elite uni.

>>56550498
>literally what?
except Amherst, but that's probably destroyed by SJWs at this point
>>
>>56550595

Prestige is everything.
>>
>>56550857
From an actual academic standpoint is it? Because clearly anyone who can think for themselves who has ever visited these campuses, and I live in MA and have visited everything from Hampshire to MIT can tell you it is full of rich out of touch types, foreigners, and autists. Is the future of America really suppose to be run by these incompetent inbreds?
>>
>>56550595
Through alumni and student networks, those that attend these schools essentially get to become part of the social elite. These school groom our future cultural and political leaders.
>>
>>56551098
So then the entire purpose of attending one of these schools is to attain power in the United States. It isn't a measure of academia it's a purely political move.

So then it's safe to say that American "intellectualism" is a complete farce and is clearly tightly controlled networks.

What a joke.

Drop out of college, teach yourself science. You'll thank me later.
>>
>>56550971

From an academic standpoint good colleges are better than bad ones because of the quality of your peers. If you are intelligent you won't be as challenged at a lower tier school. The expectations in classes are higher when every student is accomplished, especially when courses are graded on a curve.
>>
File: 20150311_172424000_iOS.jpg (2 MB, 3112x2338) Image search: [Google]
20150311_172424000_iOS.jpg
2 MB, 3112x2338
NYU Engineering here

4.17 GPA, pretty shitty SAT I think around 2200, graduated top 1% of my high school of 900 class. Never studied a day in HS. Wrote a nice essay about coming to the US when I was 14 not knowing English and all that immigrant story bs. Worked in construction every summer. Got almost full scholarship. 8 years later making $180k as a consultant. Living the American dream.
>>
>>56545349

I graduated from Harvard a few years go. Going in, I had a 4.0 GPA from a top private school in New England, could read ancient Greek and Latin, read Plato's Republic in 3rd grade, my parents invited the Speaker of the House over nearly every weekend, and I would hang out with the Senator's grandchildren all the time. I got into Cornell on a full ride, Princeton on a full ride, and Columbia on a full ride. I would have never considered even applying to Swarthmore or the "Little Ivy League" schools. They're for fucking poor plebs. I also know Ahmed the Clock Maker.
>>
>>56551278

Or you could go to MIT and learn science there and take a job that pays 100K fresh out of school because top employers recruit only from high tier schools.
>>
>>56545349
I hope you don't mind, but I'm a part of that whole "Yale" thing.
>>
>>56548988
>west point
Aww did mommy or daddy have a high rank?
Marines always.
>>
>>56550696
>>56550788
>>56550829
fair enough

I spend a year studying in one of those five next year as part of my course so
>>
>>56551418
Only $180,000 after 8 years? My starting pay getting out of Harvard was $150,000.
>>
>>56551408
The first answer that is even worth considering. The problem is I've sat in on these classes before and it's mostly incredibly well off kids who had a ton of money from their parents who have no concept of reality and foreigners like >>56551418. It's a joke, whoever thought this system was a good idea was clearly just a very smart businessman, that much I can accept.

>>56551534
But what's the point? Is that contentment? MIT kids are incredibly stressed out, they never experience life, they're miserable all the time and then maybe after they graduate they can marry somebody settle down in some mansion in their late 30s and think about all the good things in life they missed out on and die without every having invented or accomplished anything of note beyond riding the system out.

>>56551638
Tell you what about Amherst, Umass is a fucking zoo and there's usually some good parties and easy dumbass rich girls to pick up because, as I said, they have no concept of reality. You'll hear about rapes all the time and robberies because the dindu's from shitfield (Springfield) ride over because, like I said, it's an easy game.

The future is run by idiots.
>>
University of Iowa, we're pretty elite, top 8 Uni in north America.
>>
>>56551797

you live with your mother. is that contentment?
>>
>>56545349
Brown here. Failed HS did one year of CC and got in. Used to be a good student though and I think they just overlooked my Senior Year where I didn't show up to school. I kind of regret it almost flunking HS, could have went to a top engineering school like MIT. And I hate it here. Classes are shit besides Comp Sci, everyone is a kike, and its super liberal here. Honestly don't come here. Yeah its elite and everyone here is smart, but it still sucks ass. As far as how I got in, I was third in my class at a decent HS, I got a 2360 SAT (perfect on math and reading which are the only ones that matter). Did a lot of clubs and community service. Got a lot of awards from shit like science olympiad, Academic Decathlon, and FBLA.

Nothing very impressive, I basically bullshited my way through life. But I suppose I am a genius though.
>>
>>56551918
Yeah, if you're high on PCP.
>>
>>56551662
Eight years later meaning 4 years after graduating. That's good enough for me right now. Work about 2-3 hours of my 7 hour day. Shitpost on /pol/ the rest of the time or listen to audibooks. Live 10 minutes away from my office in a brand new building. Life is good!

What did you do in Harvard?
>>
>>56546072
You should have seen the shitstorm caused when one TA send out a parody email in the nigerian prince fashion for an ad to a CS security course. Pissed off a lot of people and now they're having some sort of sensitivity training for TA
>>
Every one of these schools is anti-white
>>
>>56545349
>/ivyleague/ on /pol/
>some people actually still think /pol/ isn't mostly jews

Reminder That kikes take up 40% of ivy admissions. White gentiles make up 25%.
>>
>>56551960
i am a genius too! which subreddits do you visit?
>>
>>56545349
I went to JHU, one of the more based private universities.

>Dr. Paul R. McHugh, the former psychiatrist-in-chief for Johns Hopkins Hospital and its current Distinguished Service Professor of Psychiatry, said that transgenderism is a “mental disorder” that merits treatment, that sex change is “biologically impossible,” and that people who promote sexual reassignment surgery are collaborating with and promoting a mental disorder.
>>
>>56551278
Since social mobility is tied to universities, they have quite a bit of influence over our society. Institutions like the Ivy League exist to help cement the status quo. As much as the professors and students at these schools like to appear progressive, they're still contributing to the oppressive structures they decry.
>>
>>56551951
I think like most guys here I'm in my early 20's. Living at college paid for by your parents isn't much different than living at home.

I go to college don't get me wrong but I commute, save money that way and I also realize the only kids that actually go to universities are kids that don't like their parents, or their parents don't like them (super rich families who hate their kids enough to put them into those retarded prep schools so they have crippling daddy/mommy issues), foreigners because nobody likes foreigners, and kids that lie to themselves about "meeting new people" but really just get fucked up every night and either flunk out or graduate with a worthless degree.

It just blows my mind that people live so assuredly with the college system, you ought to talk to administrators they're corrupt as fuck but what the hell do they care idiots keep giving them money. The basketball coach at my school makes $800,000+ a year, hahaha, it's the perfect scam. Plus you get the added bonus of all your top graduates being hugbox autists who will probably donate tons of money back into the university.

I really don't blame the business people behind these money making schemes but you'd think kids our age would have a bit more sense.

I've got my plan and yeah, college is stressful in general but I take it seriously enough to get the desired outcome and yet still maintain a decent social life and also work a job, meaning I have my own money to play with too.

My point is a lot of these kids that go to colleges especially top colleges come from incredibly wealthy backgrounds or they're try hard shitskins (and the system LOVES these types) who have no concept of reality and they are the future leaders. And everyone in America wonders why politician's are all fucked in the head.
>>
File: Lone Star Logo-White Texas.png (14 KB, 289x281) Image search: [Google]
Lone Star Logo-White Texas.png
14 KB, 289x281
Enjoy your mandatory rape and diversity counseling. Maybe you'll be able to finish your degree in 6 years after you complete your thesis in white privilege.

I'll be at the best public school in the nation meanwhile, enjoying my conservative qt texan girls, whiskey, and school pride & tradition

Also:
>texas economy
>no income taxes
>strong alumni network
>>
>look up tuition fees
>$40000 in some
holy shit, thank fuck I only pay a £1300 loan which I'll never pay

Why is it so expensive out in the states?
>>
>>56551483
Hah, that's nothing, I went to a little-known private institute in the pacific islands, finished my post-secondary schooling by the age of 13 and spent the rest of the time teaching online courses for various 'universities' as they like to call themselves. My father is the leader of a small country and my mother was a top model. I've participated in think tanks with Eric Schmidt and Elon Musk, and attended mixers in Ibiza and the Alps. I make my home here in the United States right in Washington D.C., where many congressmen, senators, and multiple supreme court justices seek my council. I also fuck Malia Obama seven days a week, occasionally grabbing a drink with Barack afterwards.
>>
>>56552205
None faggot. When I say genius I'm talking about raw intelligence. Don't be jelly though, I have very low self esteem and I'm not proud of any of my accomplishments.
>>
>>56552293
Because it's a money making scheme and always has been. If you haven't realized this yet, everything in America no matter who "prestigious" it makes itself out to be is just designed to fuck somebody else over as much as possible by draining their pockets.

And too many idiots who are too naive to realize this are easy fucking prey.
>>
Bachelor's degrees, even from elite universities, are for the most part not that big a deal

Because, either you're taking an easy degree, in which case the whole thing is useless anyway, or you're taking a challenging degree (STEM and a few other fields) in which case 4 years is barely enough to scratch the surface of what you're studying, and most of your classes give you just a small, small, impossibly small taste of what the subject matter is. Seriously, 3-4 semesters of physics is standard for most engineering majors, and all you know about physics by the end of that is that you know barely anything at all.

Bachelor's degrees are more like 4-year tests of character, discipline and intelligence than they are something that actually teaches you anything in-depth.
>>
>>56552293
Loans are super easy to get and no one really cares how big they are because they all think they'll have a nice job after college. This lets colleges charge basically as much as they want.
>>
File: 1445455995803.png (14 KB, 653x590) Image search: [Google]
1445455995803.png
14 KB, 653x590
>>56552165
That is true, the jews here are also launching an effort to let syrian refugees into the nation.

>mfw I'm helping them

I'm Syrian though, so its okay
>>
>>56552226
This
>>
>>56552221
Don't pat yourself on the back. Your school funded John Money, who claimed the exact opposite.
>>
Seeing other people from University of Chicago in this thread makes me oh so happy.
>>
I went to UNC and I came out with a goddamn assfuck social science degree (Anthropology with a focus in archaeology).
I've been graduated for 6 months and my passion for archaeology is already dead. Contract work is mind-numbing semiskilled labor that pays less than construction, and academia is a decadelong committment to stress and poverty for the promise of maybe someday possibly being an adjunct professor or something.
If you're in university right now, do something practical for fuck's sake. I thought the whole "major in money, minor in passion" thing was bullshit but I'd give anything to go back and start over as econ or computer science.
>>
>>56552246
>racist
>uses try hard as an insult
>doesn't understand the economics of school sports programs
>>
>>56552446
I guess if the loan system is similar to ours then yeah people just wouldnt care
>>
>>56552518
That was a while ago and the whole ordeal is recognized as a tragic failure. The view has changed since then.
>>
>>56551918
>University of Iowa
>top 8
I think you forgot a few 0s there m8

>>56552052
kek has it been publicized?
>>
>>56552545
>and my passion for archaeology is already dead
Because you're doing it wrong. Look, archaeology is cool as shit and some colleges offer programs to get you on trips but let's be honest with ourselves here most famous archaeologists were rich people who had an interest.

My advice? Don't give up find a job that you can tolerate start saving up money and organize your own dig or trip or find one to jump on.

>>56552562
I know the economics because I understand that universities are not academic institutions (in the traditional idea of the word), they are economic institutions first and foremost. I just think it's absurd and think this entire society is one big comedic prank.

Let's face it, they are try hards, it's a joke it's a game and maybe some day you'll see it too but maybe you won't and that's cool too. No reason to force you to see it my way, if you're happy you're happy I guess I just don't think you ever will be if you play the system the way it's designed.

Never made any sense to me.
>>
>>56552709
>kek has it been publicized?

On media? Not really, you guys want be to dump the email and the follow ups to it? Also did you hear about the person who wrote the article that insinuates blacks are dumb? That caused a shitstorm as well. She also wrote an article saying people with Autism are oppressed on campus lol
>>
>>56547113
most state universities will admit you if you have good stats. For example UGA (Im from georgia) will basically auto-accept you if you have a 31+ act and a 3.8+ gpa
>>
File: 1447387896304.jpg (103 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1447387896304.jpg
103 KB, 1280x720
>>56552409
This, 'elite' schools only matter for postgraduate studies where you actually spend time with the professors that make the school noteworthy instead of having a class with them where they teach the same thing every other undergrad teaches and then getting an Asian TA who doesn't speak English.

MIT has the all the top Asian applications run through a gauntlet of death to accommodate for racial diversity.
>>
>>56545349
Dude WHAT

KEK

Fucking Yale has a torah as a symbol
>>
>>56552898
It's all a big game man, they even make it nice and obvious for you but most people never live to figure it out.
>>
>>56546775
>"I'm oppressed because I like penis"
>"Welcome to Harvard Law, we love gays
>don't actually suck dick
>???
>Profit
>>
>>56546974
>first class
NOT EVEN TOP THIRD GET OUT REEEEEEEE
>>
>>56552699
It's still tough to live down, but that's likely just me being a bit too harsh.
>>
>>56552883
Asians shouldn't be accepted into top universities. They are all soulless creatures and who will never really push the boundaries of a field anywhere. I know that /pol/ also shits on shitskins but you guys never talk about Asians. In large numbers they are terrible people and they will only contribute to the decline of white nations.
>>
>>56548988
>imblying you go to west point
>are you like Ben Carson and got a scholarship?
three-time Annapolis rejectee here, AMA
>>
>>56551960
>>56546072
Also Brown here, also maxed SAT math, Brown used to be the Ivy League party school but it's gone to shit now. I don't know why I still chip in cash to the annual fund every year.

Making 175k as a consultant 5 years out so I guess it worked out OK.

Ever true I guess.
>>
>>56549495
>2100 SAT
your high school a shit.
>>
I also go to the University of Iowa, its elite my friends but I guess since its not on the east coast it "doesn't count"
>>
>>56553142
America is too saturated with non-whites at this point and it's clear from the bullshit you've seen about American universities lately in the media. This is just the way it is but was designed to become.

If you plan to go to college that's cool, just don't forget life exists outside of it. Learn something useful outside of college, not talking jobs just something you enjoy doing that is interesting and practical.

Like that kid above who is all down-trodden about being an archaeologist. You don't go to school for that, you just do it.
>>
>>56545349
>Cornell
>elite
Kek

T. Pomona college
>>
>>56553142
>They are all soulless creatures and who will never really push the boundaries of a field anywhere

I don't think I could call someone like Yukio Mishima soulless.
>>
Not elite uni, but I hope you don't mind my posting in here.

I did pretty poorly in high school, only got in from decent SATs and great extra-curriculars. I'm a sophomore philosophy major
>shit GPA
>paid internship at law firm
>paid internship as c++/java programmer, v basic coding
>unpaid internship as javascript programmer, also v basic coding

My GPA is already too low for me to consider law school, and also the law market is trash and I don't want to end up like my father (don't know if I have the intelligence / determination to start my own firm). My question is, what direction should I go into? I want to be a programmer out of school, should I minor in CS? I don't really want to major in CS. Perhaps just do a ton of projects and more internships before graduating?
>>
>>56545349
>look the jews made me pay them my life
>i'm elite now
>>
>>56545727
Vanderbuilt is a great school. I don't know what elite means other than:
low acceptance rate or
people who don't read college rankings think "oh that's a great school."

I think Duke, Vanderbuilt, Pomona, Claremont-McKenna, Georgetown, Stanford, UCBerkley, Amherst, Swarthmore, UVa would count.

When you go to Grad School its different because there particular school within the college matters. For instance, the best school to get a PhD from in Public Administration would be Syracuse, UGa, UWashington.

So the rankings change a bit.
>>
>>56550498
>Wisconsin(Milwaukee)
Why not Madison? Don't know much about that campus
>Amherst
SJW butthurt incoming, avoid at all cost
>Bloomington
NEVER DAUNTED; WE SHALL NOT FALTER, INDIANA, WE'RE ALL FOR YOU!
IU is a great school for certain programs, Big10 with a great reputation, football sucks but ball is lyfe
>Maryland
Fighting Turtles lol. Preddy gud school, College Park goes from nice as fuck to ghetto real quick.
>SUNY Buffalo
Eh. It's alright, if you're in state it's a great cheap option, but Maritime is master race.
>>
>>56553464
http://amherststudent.amherst.edu/?q=article/2015/11/13/students-protest-racial-discrimination-sit

Some of the intellectual stimulation you can expect from these top centers of learning.
>>
>>56553218
>Brown used to be the Ivy League party school but it's gone to shit now

Huh, well I'm not social anyway so I don't think I would have ever gotten into any parties. Muslim also so can't drink. Damn it sucks because I really feel like I need to make friends with more rich kids. Next semester should be better though since I'm taking classes with people on my grade level since I'm basically doing intro shit now since the year at CC was a waste.

Did you major in Econ I'm guessing?

>>56553268
True that. I've taken it easy this semester but the next one I got a really bust my ass in classes and other personal endeavors I'm doing. Trying to get a degree that usually takes five years in three and a half.

>>56553337
Japanese are the exception sometimes.
>>
>>56553584
Yeah I did Econ but Econ/AM would probably be a good combo right now and AM at Brown is really good.

It's better that you don't drink, there's a very degenerate strain of alcoholism at Brown.
>>
>>56545349
Firstly, I should point that not all schools in the Ivy League are elite schools. The five elite schools are: Princeton, Yale, Stanford, Harvard, and MIT.

I attend an elite school; I had a 4.0 GPA, a 35 on the ACT, and all 5's on my AP tests. I had a really compelling background story which probably helped immensely. I will give you this warning: people are elite schools are not happy. They're not thinking of friendships, they're thinking of connections. They're not thinking of helping those in need (although they really try to seem like they do), they want high-power careers. They're very used to others listening to them, so they listen to others in a very disingenuous manner.
>>
Iowa is elite as FUCK and there is literally NOTHING you can bring up that can prove that wrong
>>
>>56553848
>I went to school on the wrong side of the charles
>>
>>56553825
Nice. I'm doing EE right now and I want to see if I can grab a CS BA along with it. Damn the next few years are going to be intense. Any other advice for what to do at Brown?
>>
>Tfw USF College of Business student
>Not even the Tampa campus, Sarasota Manatee

Jesus I feel like a loser sometimes but I'm interested in shit that won't make me a living so I just decided to get a business degree. No idea where to take it.
>>
>>56553825
Also
>AM at Brown is really good

I shopped a class with Dobrushkin (APMA 33) he sucked. I heard the german guy who teaches 35 is amazing though.
>>
>>56554030
Brown's HIAA and Egyptology courses are very worthwhile if you want to learn something interesting for fun. Philosophy and PolySci are basically Maoism and MoveOn.org respectively.
>>
File: .jpg (72 KB, 850x400) Image search: [Google]
.jpg
72 KB, 850x400
>>
>>56545349
I got into Brown, Cornell and Darthmouth for undergrad because I was going to play on one of their athletic teams. (I only had a 2300 SAT) I turned them down because I wasn't going graduate with 120k in debt, so I went to a public school on scholarship. I graduated in 3 years, entered their fast track doctorate program, and didn't owe dime in student debt.
I graduated top of my class with a Phd in mathematics. Starting salary 300k, any job I want.
>>
>>56554141
if this still exists, take it:
https://www.brown.edu/Departments/Joukowsky_Institute/courses/pompeii/files/6491424.pdf
>>
>>56554076

Hah, I graduated from USF Sarasota as well. PSYCHOLOGY.
>>
File: ayyy.jpg (148 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
ayyy.jpg
148 KB, 640x480
>>56554437
>Hannity dropped out of New York University and Adelphi University.[8][9]
lol, i agree to an extent, but jesus. why is it always the tradies or dropouts who make these bullshit statements.

i met an archaeologist in our company today, i was pretty impressed she has a respectable career
>>
>>56554183
>HIAA
>History and in Art and Architecture
Truly a brown student.

>>56554529
I'll try. Might not have much wiggle room though with what I want to do.
>>
>>56552821
I just think it'd be a fun read. you could send it to a temp email or something if you don't want it to get leaked
>>
>>56554596
Oh brah.... Why
>>
>>56554437

> Retarded kekservative media figure's opinion mattering on fucking anything at all

The only quote I want to hear from Hannity is the gurgling sound he makes as he's hanged
>>
>>56552526
bro have u met maev cambell. Tell here i think shes hot
>>
>>56554618
Did you give her your bone to examine?
>>
>>56545349
>Yale has kike script on their banner
Shocker.
>>
>>56552293

the only good thing about federal student debt is that you can choose a repayment planned that is capped at 10% of your income and disappears after 20 years.

So, if you're poor and the wage bump from going to college covers that 10% cut, it's still a good deal.

Either way that bubble will pop soon and American universities in general will be exposed as the indoctrination 'n debt factories they really are.
>>
/cambridge/ here, my college is 300 years older than your country
>>
File: !prince.png (50 KB, 619x552) Image search: [Google]
!prince.png
50 KB, 619x552
>>56554807
I don't care. Here it is. I will post follow ups shortle
>>
>>56545873
What's tosser?
>>
File: !prince2.png (70 KB, 937x462) Image search: [Google]
!prince2.png
70 KB, 937x462
>>56555494
Here is the guy apologizing.
>>
>>56554455
classic
>>
File: !prince3.png (74 KB, 932x560) Image search: [Google]
!prince3.png
74 KB, 932x560
>>56555603
Here's the teachers. Also under sincerely is the name if the "Associate Professor and Chair of the Diversity Committee" of the CS department. Her name you ask? Amy Greenwald.
>>
File: gerb pepe.jpg (18 KB, 288x262) Image search: [Google]
gerb pepe.jpg
18 KB, 288x262
Who state school here?
Got 4.0, did above average on SAT ACT. Did well enough to get scholarship offers from average schools but not well enough to get into any elite schools. I'm the smartest of the retards.
>>
>>56545349
Ivy League /pol/lacks, could you explain to me the entitlement process that gets taught or seemed pounded into your little heads for those 4 stupidly expensive years?

Is it the "exclusive" aura around it or the price range?

I own my own business with 64 employees and I get some huge attraction from some of the mid to low tiered Ivy brats and I specifically interview them rather then my HR for shits and giggles and it's fucking pathetic and sad to hear how these children actually think and their thought process.
>>
Purdue University here. One of the best engineering, ag,and aero schools in the world.

IU sucks
>>
File: 3462869657_d56c6fe1e3_b.jpg (499 KB, 768x1024) Image search: [Google]
3462869657_d56c6fe1e3_b.jpg
499 KB, 768x1024
>>56555488
Forgot my flag.

How the fuck do GPAs and all these retarded points systems work anyway?
My requirement for maths at Cambridge was A*AA grades at A-level (Got A*A*A*A*) and passing two entrance exams the faculty sets. All after an interview of course.
>>
>>56555808
no such thing as smart.
>>
>>56555811
Ivyfag here, it's complete fucking isolation from anyone poor. That's literally all it is. Since there's no reference as to what's a real problem, people rally around fake ones that are likely to give them more power.
>>
File: durham.png (8 KB, 200x86) Image search: [Google]
durham.png
8 KB, 200x86
>>56545349

Do I count?
>>
PSU Public Ivy League here. You fags stay jelly.
>>
>>56554455
shut the fuck up you did... i dont believe that for one second
>>
>>56555811
See>>56555494
The one good thing about brown in the open curriculum so I can stick with just STEM classes. But yeah its hugely liberal and the Jews lead it all. A lot of rich kids who seem to know each other from there fancy schools in Hong Kong. Some decent folks though.

>>56555918
>it's complete fucking isolation from anyone poor

There are plenty of homeless people on one of our main streets. Feels bad man.
>>
>>56555875
you know what i mean
>>
>>56555839
Oh and just a reminder Purdue was offered Ivy League status but turned it down because it wanted to remain afforable

>harvard keks pay twice as much for a SJW indoctrination education while we bask in the glorious red state of Indiana
>>
>>56555849
>GPAs and all these retarded points systems
For what, admission?

>>56556045
>plenty of homeless people on one of our main streets
Same here, students just ignore them, like they have their whole lives. They don't register.
>>
Go to a respectable state school with a good program in whatever you want to do. Save yourself the trouble. Most of the "elite" colleges pretty much just boils down to wealth and pretension.
>>
>>56555849

To be fair, the British system is a bit fucked also, since it's out of 100 and like one person has gotten like a 90. I read once that Hawking's work would have been rated 92-93, and Newton probably would have gotten a 95.
>>
>>56555808
ayy

Maybe could have gotten into Cornell or whatever the lowest ivy is.
Enjoying my no debt though
>>
these are all shit schools and harvard is in the shittiest part of boston prove me wrong you cant because i will refuse to change my beliefs even if stated blatant facts contradicting them hahahaha nonoko fags
>>
>>56545349
I will be going to

>Cornell Law School

or a better school in September

I got in because I did very well on the LSAT
>>
>>56550595
They help for the first couple years of your career, however after that it's mostly experience.

A lot of places won't even look at resumes if they didn't go to certain schools/programs. However that's really only for starting positions.
>>
>>56549495
>homeschooled

stopped reading right there
>>
>>56556185
>shittiest part of boston
Fucking fight me Cambridge is the silicon valley of the east with a ton of good research, the city is comfy as fuck, and there's plenty of food plus a huge Japanese community.
>>
>>56555944
Brit or American who came to the UK? Is it true everyone there was rejected from Oxbridge?

>>56556161
Uni marking is entirely different from school stuff, I got many 100% marks during school, but at uni people rarely get over 85% (depending on the university's grading system).

>>56556121
How do they work generally? They average your grades over subjects in high school instead of giving you separate grades in each subject? Why?
>>
>>56556121
>Same here, students just ignore them, like they have their whole lives

Kinda sad. Sometimes they ask for money, and I politely tell them no. Just ignoring them out right is kind of fucked up imho.

What school you go to btw?
>>
>>56556287
For a cutoff. If the average is lower than a certain line, they don't even look at the rest of the application.
>>
File: youngnixon.jpg (6 KB, 198x254) Image search: [Google]
youngnixon.jpg
6 KB, 198x254
>>56551483
try harder pleb
>>
>>56556290
Hahvahd
>>
>>56555918
I can see that.
Why is there such liberal agenda, " We are going to save the world, but somebody else is going to have to pay for it" mentality?

A couple of my closest friends went to Ivy instead of opening up their own businesses or whatever.
STEM, high level engineering and all are truly sad salary chasers; even worse then some of the state school kids in my departments.
The amount of times I've heard, " my Dad/uncle/grandfather is going to hook me up with an internship or job it's going to be a easy X00k starting bro"
Sure thing....because that's realistic.

Now they are all sad low level engineers or what have you, slightly above 50k range and miserable and full of massive regret and debt but at the same strange time they are fucking pumped full of agenda and liberalism that is sickening in large doses.

Blindly siding to the left and Bernie for the sake of, from what I can tell, attention or falling in the ranks of popularity among the peons.

How does this happen with all that wealth and blue blood - not even counting the jews and japs that attend?
>>
>>56549495
how can you be homeschooled and have a gpa?
>>
>>56546974
>first class
>never even made it to star
The fact that you never made eagle will haunt you for the rest of your days.
>>
>>56556287

American who went to the UK.

>Is it true everyone there was rejected from Oxbridge?

I don't think so. There were some uberposh Brits people there that probably were (I know one person who said their parents are going to donate money to Cambridge soon so they could get into the university), but I didn't apply to Oxbridge because Durham was ranked number 1 in my field, and I was accepted to Durham pretty quickly. Another American in my program turned down Oxford for Durham for similar reasons.

I visited Oxford, Cambridge and Durham and liked Durham city the best, and I am happy with my choice, though Americans haven't heard of any UK unis besides Oxford and Cambridge. They tend to think I went to some obscure uni or something.
>>
>>56556383
You a kike? And if not are you redpilled? I wish I was in Cambridge right now, MIT preferably. But I almost flunked out of HS. Nice job though, how'd you get in?
>>
UH Manoa.
Might not be much but it's the national college of our state out here.
>>
>>56555494
>>56555603
>>56555781
yeek. wish I hadn't asked because now I'm just a bit annoyed.
>>
>>56556436
>Mommy gave me in A+ in Room Cleaning
>>
>>56552283
>Texas AM
>conservative

pick one, amigo
>>
>>56556424
>my Dad/uncle/grandfather is going to hook me up
That's how a lot of Ivy people do get their first job, sadly.
>tfw no illustrious family connections

>How does this happen with all that wealth and blue blood
The wealth and blue blood stay conservative and quiet, and then go on to inherit their positions at the top of society. Most of the rage you see on these campuses comes from the upper-middle class, who sees power and wants it, but doesn't yet have it, so they have to endorse this kind of authoritarian stuff.

The poor students who come either work hard and get good jobs in respectable majors, or gat radicalized by the wealthy SJW's into mouthpieces.

This is the same at any elite school, Ivy or not.
>>
maine maritime. look it up fucknuts.
>>
>>56556581
kek. Say fella, do you know about all those fake fb accounts for college white student unions? Who's doing that? I would love to see one made for brown.
>>
>>56556366
The same here, Cambridge isn't considering anyone for maths who isn't getting >95% in maths and further maths in the this country. We put less emphasis on general knowledge though, since we don't force science students to do gender theory and queer studies or whatever it is your places do to every student.

>>56556478
Durham is a great uni, I would have applied if not for living the other end of the country from it out of term time. The poshcunts do exist, though they seem to be a minority. I know people who went to high tier public (as in private schools) like Westminster and they're great. I went to a shit state school by comparison.
>>
>>56556596
It's consistently rated the most conservative university in the US

http://www.businessinsider.com/the-most-conservative-colleges-in-the-us-2015-3
>>
University of Mississippi. I had a good GPA in high school (between 3.6 and 3.7). SAT and ACT were high enough, and the ACT score actually got me a scholarship (27 overall, with a 33 in Math and a 34 in Science). However, there's some pretty idiotic dindus here as well. I know of at least two or three other /pol/acks there just because of the Yik Yak feed, but I haven't reached out to any of them (yet). Most people here are Conservative anyway, but the administration is fucking kikey as fuck.
>>
File: Columbia.png (125 KB, 721x381) Image search: [Google]
Columbia.png
125 KB, 721x381
>>56545349
Columbia here
>feels bad man
>>
>>56556653
A lot of the commenters are from other places, if you look. If you can get a fake account then there's no reason you couldn't make it. This is presuming that making it under a real account would trace it easily back to you and you don't want that.
>>
>>56549495
Lol, you want to leave BFE and go to Cornell? Cornell is in BFE.
>>
>>56545349
>yale
>literally got hebe letters
So much kike in that banner it's gas chamber worthy
>>
>>56546201
Harvard is better tho, you can take those sweet MIT courses.
>>
>>56556482
>implying Jews can't be redpilled
Oh, anon, most Jews are redpilled. Most WASP's are redpilled. They just hide it very well.

>MIT
Fucking based school, incredible parties, smartest kids in the world, fascinating material.

>how'd you get in?
A combination of the right extracurriculars and a lot of research awards, plus connections to the faculty I purposely built from scratch in HS.
>>
>>56551418
NYU Poly is a joke m8.
>>
>>56550498
>Buffalo
Chicken wings
>Amherst
Tiny
>Bloomington
What is that in Indiana somewhere? Irrelevant flyover school.
>Maryland
More or less public Ivy at this point.
>Wisconsin
Cheese
>>
>>56555811
>I own my own business with 64 employees and I get some huge attraction from some of the mid to low tiered Ivy brats and I specifically interview them rather then my HR for shits and giggles and it's fucking pathetic and sad to hear how these children actually think and their thought process.
There's an extreme atmosphere of snobbery - Ivy people like to work with Ivy people, it's certainly not meritocratic. The mannerisms and culture are inculcated in those years.

It's helped me a lot tbqh even though it's not a real thing
>>
>>56556750
So I would need to make a new account huh? I have an fb but I don't use it much, still I don't want to use it for this.

>>56556812
> a lot of research awards

What kind? I tried to do research in HS but I can shut down by professors telling me no. Ahh well, at least I'm doing research here. Nice job though.
>>
>>56555944
Well you didn't end up face down in the river so... well done.
>>
>>56550971
Depends if you want to grad school or not
>>
>>56556478
What's your field? Archaeology?
>>
>>56556689
>gender theory and queer studies
Well, those courses aren't required. (Much as the SJW's would like them to be.) They simply can be taken in place of real classes, which is good if you're rich, but beware an employer looking at your syllabus and asking you what the fuck "Dildos as Subject and Object" is.

>>56556749
NYC a best, grew up there. You in engineering?

>>56556763
There's a running joke that those words translate to "if you can read this, get out".

>>56556777
Much as I'm inclined to agree out of school pride, most if not all MIT courses are open to anyone via the Internet.

Although, as a STEMfag, taking MIT courses if really cool. A pity I don't get the MIT degree, it's a godsend for CS students.

I know a few people at MIT; they're scary brilliant.

>>56556816
Don't you talk shit about The School Formerly Known As Poly, I had a lot of friends who went there and they liked it a lot. Got some good jobs, too. Also NYC is great.

>>56556914
Various university sponsored research and HS research competitions. (Check out Intel ISEF) Also did debate and FIRST robotics, but that was more for fun.
>>
>>56556749
>only $30mm

Didn't go all in and waste $100mm on top of what's already being spent
>>
File: EZ LIFE.png (268 KB, 2000x1605) Image search: [Google]
EZ LIFE.png
268 KB, 2000x1605
What do you think
>>
>>56551483
>not understanding the ivy league doesn't offer merit or athletic scholarships
>>
>>56557147
>Well, those courses aren't required. (Much as the SJW's would like them to be.) They simply can be taken in place of real classes
My point was I do mathematics and I only do lecture courses in mathematics and nothing else. Same with any degree here.
Also I get a BA in mathematics because this place gives everyone a BA regardless of subject.
>>
>>56557147
>Intel ISEF

Heard about those. Question, do those kids actually do shit, or do they just buddy up with a research team from a uni and work on a project. I'm cynical because I heard of people who just had the right connections and didn't really do as much as you would think.
>>
>>56557224
I know someone who's super into HAM radio who goes there, but I have more friends at RIT. Good school, hope you're dressed warm!
>>
I have an IQ of 158 so I basically deserve to be in any ivy I want
>>
File: dat ass had me like.jpg (110 KB, 800x628) Image search: [Google]
dat ass had me like.jpg
110 KB, 800x628
>>56557224
my lil bro goes there. have fun dood
>>
>>56557261
>only do lecture courses in mathematics and nothing else
Not sure if want, but sounds like an interesting option. Brown does something very similar.

>>56557317
It varies a lit. Generally the people who have buddied up as a favor without knowing what the fuck they're doing get to semifinals as a courtesy, but get weeded out once 30 angry Russians go over their paper with a fine-toothed comb.

It takes a hefty amount of time, effort and skill, but quite a bit of it is learning the art of bullshit, though, you're right.

The winning projects are INCREDIBLE, though.
>>
>>56557329
>>56557477
Thanks doc
>>
>>56557477
>It takes a hefty amount of time, effort and skill, but quite a bit of it is learning the art of bullshit, though, you're right

Figured.

>The winning projects are INCREDIBLE, though

Agreed. What really got me suspicious is the cancer research meme. A lot of winning projects seem to be based around it. Yet you never hear anything about them afterwards.
>>
>>56557477
>Not sure if want, but sounds like an interesting option
It's the same in most degrees, though others are more varied. All sciences here (except maths, engineering and computer science) go under natural sciences, so you get people doing chemistry and biology modules, or physics with some computer science modules etc.
It really varies heavily by subject and university, at my second choice it was optional to take non-mathematics classes for some credit.
>>
>wanting ivies
kek
>>
File: Fordham_University.gif (10 KB, 594x156) Image search: [Google]
Fordham_University.gif
10 KB, 594x156
I go to pick related, did I do okay? I kind of wish I tried harder in high school, but I'm pretty happy here.
>>
>>56546974
Wanna get drunk this weekend?
>>
>>56557655
Every year, there's a buzzword in each catagory that judges like. My year it was big data/machine learning in CS, and bio often jumps on the cancer bandwagon to the point where it's a joke among participants.

>>56557714
Yeah, there are no hard and fast rules in many US universities either.
>>
>>56550595
>>56550857
>>56556219
>>56551098

At this rate then we should just shut all the ivy's down. They breed leftist trash. Retarded ass Boomers who control the "top employers" hire other retards, and then wonder why they don't grow. Incompetency all around.

Huh, we might fix a lot of problems before they happen if we DID just shut them down.
>>
Does GaTech count as elite? I'm an engineering student if that counts.
>>
>>56557932
Normies amirite? Whats your major btw cunt?
>>
>>56557857
Trump went there, man! Make him proud!

>>56558014
For STEM, yes.

>>56558036
CS.
>>
>>56554455

also nice dubs
>>
File: 1444954887458.jpg (68 KB, 800x522) Image search: [Google]
1444954887458.jpg
68 KB, 800x522
>>56558133
>CS
Muh nigga. I'm doing EE and I want to snag a BA in CS here. Might switch full on to CS though.
>>
>>56552283
Howdy, fellow Ag. Ready to embarrass LSU in a few days?
>>
Got into some elite unis but took a full ride to a state flagship instead. Don't regret it for a second-- far less liberal lunacy than idve been exposed to and slooty qts fucking everywhere.
>>
>>56558202
>EE
Oh, God, I'm so sorry, you must have color-coded nightmares.

CS is good, but an EE foundation is valuable, IMO.
>>
>>56558375
Just started really so I haven't done to much EE work. Wish me luck in the future though. I'm gonna try to finish a degree that some take five years to do in only three and a half. I know I could do it, but I've always been a lazy shit. Gotta finish quick to start trying to rebuild my country.
>>
>>56558202

Look into CompE if you want something in between.
>>
>>56558500
Best of luck! What industry do you want to work in?
>>
>>56552293
The nice thing about the super elite schools is that because they have so much money they give anyone who isn't super rich a free ride via grants.
>>
>>56558532
Maybe. It would be less intense, but this way I would get more knowledge.

>>56558576
>Best of luck! What industry do you want to work in?

The only thing I really want to do is go back to Syria once the war is done to put those faggots on track. Industry wise? Not really sure. Working in anything high tech seems cool though.
>>
>>56556914
Yes, if you don't want to tie it to the account you have. Anyone can make a group or page, whatever they are.
>>
>>56558757
How can one make it get attention though. And can my uni shut it down.
>>
>>56558685
You could pull the Syrian thing to get a job at some Silicon Valley mega-company, and then you could use their budget to fix the place up.
>>
>>56545349
Those are some pretty fancy preschools OP. Best safe spaces in the country.
>>
>>56558873
>You could pull the Syrian thing to get a job at some Silicon Valley mega-company, and then you could use their budget to fix the place up.

Nice idea. Might work out if I can jew those jews.
>>
>>56558805
>trying to do one at Brown
Place is completely corrupted at this point. Just run across Thayer and hide with the STEM people.
>>
File: 1437953646755.jpg (43 KB, 403x403) Image search: [Google]
1437953646755.jpg
43 KB, 403x403
>>56545349

LOLZ. Yale and Brown certainly don't belong on that list right now.
>>
Why isn't Stanford on this list?
>>
>>56559118
Stanford and MIT should definitely be there, but these are just the Ivies.
>>
>>56558805
Just put it up there. I bet people would find. I know I type in "white student union" every day just to see how far it's spreading. If you want, you could just send a message to the other groups saying you created one for Brown. Maybe they'll have links to groups at other schools.
>>
>>56559007
>Place is completely corrupted at this point

All the more keks anon.

>Just run across Thayer and hide with the STEM people

Been doing that.

>>56559015
B...but muh open curriculum! Muh great undergraduate learning experience!

>>56559185
Sounds like a plan.
>>
Is it worth trying to get into a big school?

This sort of thread shows up here and there on boards, my recent time I asked was on /g/, and they told me that a state university is fine, and the real school shopping for post-grad.
>>
>>56559231
>open curriculum
I'd be lying if I wasn't slightly jelly.
>>
These threads make me sad I go to a junior ivy. I shouldn't have been such a lazy little shit all through highschool.
>>
>>56559393
Which one?
>>
>>56559390
Yeah I suppose its pretty good.

>>56559347
>/g
From what I hear CS is easy as fuck at many normal schools. But at Ivy's and top schools it seems pretty challenging. Also all the big tech companies come to these schools and hire undergrads. I would aim for a top school if I were you.
>>
File: rhodeisland_flag_web.gif (6 KB, 362x264) Image search: [Google]
rhodeisland_flag_web.gif
6 KB, 362x264
If you go to Brown, please get out unless you're Italian or Irish.
>>
>>56556240
>>homeschooled
>stopped reading right there
Why? Is it because you think everyone should be indoctrinated at the government run, bluepilled as fuck, SJW propagandizing, indoctrination camps which pass as "schools" in America?
>>
>>56559649
I grew up in Rhode Island around a bunch of Italians. You niggas are alright. Johnston is a shit hole though. I know a 90+ year old italian lady who is basically my grandmother. Good food too.
>>
2nd semester sophomore at University of Tampa

Nothing too special. Realized too late in life that providing excuses for less than perfect scores by undermining myself w/ drugs is not the kind of person I want to be.

E.g. Took my ACT higher than Snoop Dogg and got a 31. I'm genuinely upset I will never know what my true score would've been.

Slacked off in high school, cut class, had sex, did drugs. Got into University of Tampa, flipped my work ethic around and now have a 3.75gpa pursuing a degree in International Business & Finance. Not sure what that'll get me but I'm much happier now that I put in effort.
>>
>>56556749
Fellow Keklumbian here, getting my Master's in electrical engineering (5-year BS/MS program)

It's pretty shit but the EE dept is small and generally apolitical apart from the society for women engineers / black engineers but even they aren't that vocal. Only issue is H1B chinks/curryniggers and a few of them are ok though they tend to not shower. We did have mandatory consent classes last year though.

I really regret not just going for a straight tech school like RIT/RPI instead, but I switched from pre-med biomedical engineer, since I was obsessed with big name schools and that bullshit as a high school overachiever nerd
>>
>>56559838
Fu Foundation is fantastic for tech, though, like that's a full cert that you're extremely talented.

I feel bad when the whole campus gets tainted just because some rich fucks with spare time ruin shit.
>>
>>56559838
Also, I pretty much got in because I was high in my class at one of the top NYC magnet high school, and made semifinals in the intel science competition. But I wasn't an athlete or a super math genius nor did I do ridiculous extracurriculars Engineering admissions at Columbia isn't nearly as selective as liberal arts or the higher tier tech schools like Stanford and MIT (which I didn't get into)
>>
>>56557224
Ithacabro here, how do I get in b
>>
File: 1436501471704.jpg (88 KB, 1333x900) Image search: [Google]
1436501471704.jpg
88 KB, 1333x900
>>56556749
At least its not Brown.
>investing 100 million for diversity
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>56558273
You know it

Gig 'em
>>
>>56559946
idk, I did really well in undergrad but the courses I have this term are killing me. VLSI integrated circuits means strings of all nighters in the lab because I live 2 hours away in Brooklyn
>>
How well do Ivies take on people coming out of the military?

Any Veterans preference?

>inb4 welfare queen memes
>inb4 "inb4 not staying"
>>
>>56560015
Which HS? I see a lot from these top high school's over here. And don't feel bad bro. I failed my senior year of high school since I stopped showing up. High school is shit and everything I achieved in it was bullshit. You're at a good place. You'll be fine nigga.
>>
>>56560015
Stuy?

>>56560068
Yeah, and you guys have Lena Dunham, too, Christ.

>>56560094
Ugh, that sucks.
>>
>>56551483
plato, speaker of the house, senators, great. but who are you?
>>
>>56560210
lel I'm just depressed now because I'm having a horrible semester and I just want to fucking get job interviews already. I kind of regret not just taking a full time offer out of undergrad, but I think the masters will help me in the long run even if I have a bad grade in one class this term. Mainly though I'm completely sick of NYC and the subway system and want to get out of this state for work
>>
>>56560393
I miss NYC a lot. Columbia's campus is weirdly depressing; have you tried setting aside a day or two and heading downtown?
>>
>>56560464
>>56560288

kek are you a Stuy alum? What state did you end up moving to
>>
>>56560522
I'm up in Boston for college now, actually. Tons of Stuy and BxSci kids up here.
>>
wait you're telling me there are actual smart successful people on this board? I thought everyone was a closet nazi neet like me
>>
File: U_LE_MAD.gif (3 MB, 416x440) Image search: [Google]
U_LE_MAD.gif
3 MB, 416x440
>>56545349

Oh so it's another "my dick's bigger than your dick thread". Anon, don't you know that everyone on /pol/ has a MS in mathematics and makes 400k a year?
>>
>>56560393
>lel I'm just depressed now because I'm having a horrible semester and I just want to fucking get job interviews already

Meh, I'm doing kind of mediocre as well. Haven't really organized my time wisely and I've been lazy. Plus I too hate my campus, even though I grew up in RI. Little disappointed at how shitty some of the classes are. Thanksgiving is practically here. Take some time to relax.

I'll be back later guys (if this thread is still up). Gotta do some shit.

>>56560809
Yes we exist. But we are also closet Nazis (well at least I am)
>>
>>56560935
Nah, we also have fine folks like this wonderful specimen of humanity.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DlmedmovxA8
>>
>>56561043
>Yes we exist. But we are also closet Nazis (well at least I am)
d-do i count too? i gross 38k in a job i enjoy, and i hold disdain for those of the shekel-race
>>
File: image.jpg (123 KB, 786x514) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
123 KB, 786x514
>>56553259
>80% acceptance rate.

I'm at University of Illinois and I'm not calling it elite.
>>
>>56561043
>closet Nazis
I think it's more a matter of hiding your power level. Once you have something to lose, it becomes vital.
>>
>>56561202
pretty much this. id like to think if i ever get a terminal disease, nothing woudl hold me back from attempting to make america great again
>>
>>56545349
U tokyo, best school in asia
Was white so i got in
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 34

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.