[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Shocking numbers were released by Microsoft today. Their emp
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
Shocking numbers were released by Microsoft today. Their employees are only 38% non-white. Sure whites are underrepresented compared to their percentage of the population, but we can still do better. Luckily their new Indian CEO is on it.

>Microsoft CEO Satya Nadella has made it his personal mission to improve the company's diversity and gender equality numbers, a move that is in line with a growing realization by technology companies that their employee rosters do not represent the consumer demographics they're targeting. "We are focused on all stages of the pipeline. We and many of our peer companies are doing that, and we’re starting to see results. Definitely not as quickly as we would like, but we’re starting to move in the right direction."

http://www.usatoday.com/story/tech/2015/11/23/microsoft-2015-diversity-numbers-flat-women-fall/76273440/
>>
Time to start short selling Microsoft /pol/acks.

I wish there was a way to short Canada's economy with the kuck in the lead
>>
>>56543715
Eh, fuck them and the tech world in general. Everyone will tell you its about meritocracy but its all buddy-buddy and know someone to get a job

In my mind, forced diversity hiring is just as flawed as the nepotism ridden joke of a job industry in the tech sector so who even gives a fuck?

Everyone thinks that you go to an interview and they ask you all these questions to try and separate the wheat from the chaff

"Why is a manhole cover round? How many pingpong balls can fit into a school bus?" -- its all to fuck around with you and set up plausible reasons to reject you so they can hire their friends instead.
>>
>>56544456
Very true. But the double tap of diversity quotas and nepotism means a regular unconnected white guy trying to get hired is pretty much fucked. With a master's degree and a shit load of tech certifications, best you can hope for is still $1 above minimum wage formatted laptops at Geek Squad.
>>
>>56544742
btw out of interest, would I be considered white or a minority as a white native Finn in the US?
>>
>>56543715
>men outnumber women in getting STEM degrees
>STEM companies want an even 1:1 men to women ratio
for what purpose?
>>
>>56545001
Lower wages. What else?
>>
>>56545091
oh right, 23 cents on the dollar
that's fuckin smart
>>
>>56544964
White of course.
>>
>>56545001
It's current year
>>
>>56543715
No wonder MSFT has gone down the shitter.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.