[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
John Oliveoil
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 13
File: 147733_600.jpg (156 KB, 600x914) Image search: [Google]
147733_600.jpg
156 KB, 600x914
Was he known at all in the UK?
>>
>>56539841
He is in 2 0 1 5
>>
>>56539841
Literally never heard of him until you guys posted him back in Aug/Sep

He's comedy isn't British in the slightest btw.
>>
File: 2 0 1 5.jpg (49 KB, 349x466) Image search: [Google]
2 0 1 5.jpg
49 KB, 349x466
>>56539841
>>
File: download.jpg (7 KB, 212x238) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
7 KB, 212x238
John Oliver walks into a bar and orders a pint of beer.
The bartender says "Okay, that'll be 10277709.01 Ugandan shillings, please."
John Oliver says, "It's £2015, COME ON!"
>>
Come on
>>
>>56539841

On the fringes. Seen him in community. But nobody watches his show here and I doubt anyone would think it was funny tbqh
>>
>>56539841

you'd see him occasionally on TV but he didn't have his own show or anything. He had a semi-regular spot on Mock the Week for a little while (which is probably one of the most popular comedy shows here), but when he left to go to America nobody noticed or cared.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J7q_NyPB6Gc
>>
COME
>>
>>56539841

I vaguely remember him being in Mock the Week back in like current year - 10 for a few episodes. That's literally it.
>>
>>56540082

>beer

Johnallu Oliverakbar is a muslim and beer is haram
>>
File: MAC28_JOHN_OLIVER01_POST.jpg (261 KB, 822x462) Image search: [Google]
MAC28_JOHN_OLIVER01_POST.jpg
261 KB, 822x462
John Oliver was walking down the street at a quarter past 8 in the evening.
A man approached him and says "Have you got the time?"
John Oliver says, "It's 20:15, COME ON!"
>>
>>56540143
What's community?
>>
>>56540435

> What's community?

A show you should watch, especially the fist few seasons.
>>
File: johnoliver_hbo.jpg (25 KB, 630x354) Image search: [Google]
johnoliver_hbo.jpg
25 KB, 630x354
John Oliver and his friend with OCD are heading to the studio.
John is late for work.
His obsessive compulsive friend stops suddenly to count a pile of small stones at the side of the road.
To save time John Counts them himself very quickly and says to his friend, "It's 2015, COME ON!"
>>
LOL, no. He was a "that guy" in the background in a few shitty comedy shows.
>>
His humour is the opposite of British.
>>
>>56540082
implying this faggot would order a pint and not a cosmo or some shit
>>
>>56540164
>11:25
>we currently have an immigration policy that is extremely racist
yep. It's John. I'd seen him in a couple TV shows too before he got his own show. Was decent in Community.
>>
>>56539841
not in the slightest m8, he failed pretty badly as a comedian/teller of the current year here
>>
>>56539841
I saw him on a Mock the Week (a weekly comic panel show on politics) on Dave (a channel that almost exclusively shows reruns) last night. The episode in question was from years ago. I vaguely remembered that he'd been in it for maybe not even a full season before being replaced. Then I felt shame for realising he actually did come from this country.

Prior to that, I'd only noticed him as being fucking cringeworthy in Community.

>>56540270
8/8 m8, got a sensible chuckle out of me
>>
Guys it's almost 2016 can we stop with the John Oliver bashing I mean come on.
>>
>>56539841
No one knows him at all, I only know of him because some Americans mentioned him half a year ago and they were surprised that I didnt know who he was. His humour is really bad and very non british so Im not surprised that he went to America. Also you lot can keep piers morgan no one likes him here :^)
>>
I MEAN COME ON

M
E
A
N

C
O
M
E

O
N
>>
>John (Oliver) 20:15
He asked her, “Woman, why are you crying? Who is it you are looking for?”

---

Thinking he was the gardener, she said, “Sir, if you have carried him away, tell me where you have put him, and I will get him.”

In this verse Mary is looking for Jesus' body in the garden and does not realise she is speaking to him in person.

When John Oliver says "It's 2015, COME ON!" He is prophecising the return of Christ.
>>
>>56540164
holy shit tony blair and I.D cards, forgot about that - the one time Britain has resisted encroaching statism in living memory.

first I saw of him was as /pol/ meme
>>
>>56539841

I do not understand John Oliver's sudden rise to fame in America at all. He was entirely unknown in the UK when he moved there.

Did he just unpack his bags and start shilling? Did Americans know him before he got his show?
>>
File: 1446854409568.jpg (12 KB, 415x387) Image search: [Google]
1446854409568.jpg
12 KB, 415x387
Never even knew he existed up until I was in Louisiana offshore at sea like April last year.
>>
>>56540966
He had a spot on the daily show.
>>
literaly who?
>>
File: thisismyface.png (78 KB, 425x377) Image search: [Google]
thisismyface.png
78 KB, 425x377
A priest, a conservative and the constitution walk into a bar and get covered in John's olive oil, he says "it's 2015, COME ON!"
>>
>>56540905
yeah but im so poor im never going to make an official come back. Bernie Sanders is an example of my mentality and people still abhor it, you won't see me again until israel reveals their hand.
>>
I saw John Oliver at a grocery store in New York City yesterday. I told him how cool it was to meet him in person, but I didn’t want to be a douche and bother him and ask him for photos or anything.

He said, “Oh, like you’re doing now?”

I was taken aback, and all I could say was “Huh?” but he kept cutting me off and going “huh? huh? huh?” and closing his hand shut in front of my face. I walked away and continued with my shopping, and I heard him chuckle as I walked off. When I came to pay for my stuff up front I saw him trying to walk out the doors with like fifteen Milky Ways in his hands without paying.

The girl at the counter was very nice about it and professional, and was like “Sir, you need to pay for those first.” At first he kept pretending to be tired and not hear her, but eventually turned back around and brought them to the counter.

When she took one of the bars and started scanning it multiple times, he stopped her and told her to scan them each individually “to prevent any electrical infetterence,” and then turned around and winked at me. I don’t even think that’s a word. After she scanned each bar and put them in a bag and started to say the price, he kept shouting, "It's $20.15!"
>>
Never heard of him until he was on American TV and its the same with Piers Morgan the only way he became widely known in the UK was when the newspaper he ran printed pictures on its front page of British troops abusing Iraqi prisoners and those pictures turned out to be fakes and he was sacked for it and then he turns up on US tv you guys have no luck in the British presenters that get sent over to America.
>>
>>56541103

Oliver Johnson walks into a bar and orders an olivoil johannsen (medieval cocktail)
The bartender says "that will be one groat, dear sir"
Oliver says "these prices are extortionate! Don't you know the year is 1520? FORSOOTH!"
>>
>>56539841
ITS
2 0 1 5
>>
>>56539841
Never heard of him.

Seriously, I actually thought he was some American.
>>
>>56540966
Daily Show with Jon Stewart; he was an extra every now and then during some segments.

After enough shilling tje y probably decided to push him up the ranks after Stewart left.
>>
>>56540980
Dunno if it still was THE CURRENT YEAR back then.
>>
Kim John Ol is expected to rule North Korea after Kim Jong un dies. Ever impatient to rule, Kim John Ol can be regularly heard saying "It's 2015, COME ON!"
>>
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=RnIbhYuTfRw
>>
File: oilyboy.jpg (79 KB, 458x594) Image search: [Google]
oilyboy.jpg
79 KB, 458x594
>>56541449
I like oily boys and oily boys like me
I know the oilyest boys that you'll ever see!
I hang with the oilyest boys and boy we hang around!
I like oily boys, oily boys like me
I fuck the oilyest boys, the oilyest boys in town
But, make no mistake I'm the oilyest one around
>>
I'd never heard of him until he was posted here
>>
Literally no one here knows him.
>>
>>56539841
Never heard of him till I started seeing him posted here.

>wikipedia: John Oliver
>He's a Brummie.

Can't decide if this explains everything or just raises further questions.
>>
>>56539841
I had never heard of him, just seen him posted about on /pol/; for the longest time I thought he was just another yakkity yak evening chat show host, but was surprised when he had a British accent.

Thanks for taking our trash, America. First Piers, now this twat.
>>
British people on American TV were unpopular losers in their home country. We take them in and turn them into an American version of themselves.
>>
>>56539841

Nope - never heard of the guy except here on /pol by Amerifat posters.

Not sure how he got popular over there.
>>
>>56543731
It's pretty easy. To a lot of Americans most British accents make anything sound intelligent, authoritative or witty. You combine this voice with telling people with what they already want to hear and it's a recipe for success.
>>
>>56540822

Can we have David Mitchell too
>>
>>56544312
sure
>>
File: 1436926072078.jpg (53 KB, 576x432) Image search: [Google]
1436926072078.jpg
53 KB, 576x432
>>56540164
Why did I read the comments
>John Oliver: sits quietly for a while, looking more attractive than anyone else in the room, before popping in unexpectedly to be ten times funnier than anyone else in the room.
>>
File: dm1.jpg (25 KB, 396x222) Image search: [Google]
dm1.jpg
25 KB, 396x222
>>56544384

thanks m8
>>
>>56544196
You could have just told him most Americans are retarded and that would have gotten the point across just fine
>>
File: F_200704_April06tvp_223187a.jpg (31 KB, 540x320) Image search: [Google]
F_200704_April06tvp_223187a.jpg
31 KB, 540x320
IM NOT SICK BUT IM NOT WEELLLLLLLLLLLLL
AND THATS ALLRIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIGHT
CAUSE I'M IN HEEEEEEEEEEEEE-EEEEELLLLLLLLLLLLLL
>>
Did he actually say "it's 2015, I mean come on"?
>>
>>56545043

> 2015
>>
>>56539841
No. Never heard of him until pol.
>>
>>56539841

Oliver is nothing more than a textbook copy of Stewart.

Liberal narrative recycled.
>>
File: Community.png (2 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Community.png
2 MB, 1280x720
was in Community when series were still good
>>
Does anybody have the "it's 2015" compilation video?
Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 13

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.