[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is suicide an act of weakness or an act of strength?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 3
File: suicide_2439218f.jpg (14 KB, 636x477) Image search: [Google]
suicide_2439218f.jpg
14 KB, 636x477
Is suicide an act of weakness or an act of strength?
>>
both
>>
Both. Depends on situation.
>>
The world is your oyster
>>
Suicide is the ultimate form of redemption for a failure
>>
>>56521568
Strength, suicide is the only true red pill
>>
File: dpKWd.png (19 KB, 1350x561) Image search: [Google]
dpKWd.png
19 KB, 1350x561
>>56521669
>>56521763
>Suicide is the ultimate form of redemption for a failure
top kek
>>
This world is a pretty shitty place though
>>
>>56521897
That picture is not how being suicidal works though
>>
Both.

Weak because you can't deal with life, strong because it takes some fucking balls to take your own life.
>>
>>56521568
I don't remember who said but there's a quotation "It takes more courage to live to than to commit suicide".
>>
File: stephen.fry.png (391 KB, 537x551) Image search: [Google]
stephen.fry.png
391 KB, 537x551
>>56521568

To be, or not to be, that is the question:
Whether 'tis Nobler in the mind to suffer
The Slings and Arrows of outrageous Fortune,
Or to take Arms against a Sea of troubles,
And by opposing end them: to die, to sleep
No more; and by a sleep, to say we end
The Heart-ache, and the thousand Natural shocks
That Flesh is heir to? 'Tis a consummation
Devoutly to be wished. To die, to sleep,
To sleep, perchance to Dream; aye, there's the rub,
For in that sleep of death, what dreams may come,
When we have shuffled off this mortal coil,
Must give us pause. There's the respect
That makes Calamity of so long life:
For who would bear the Whips and Scorns of time,
The Oppressor's wrong, the proud man's Contumely, [F: poor]
The pangs of despised Love, the Law’s delay, [F: disprized]
The insolence of Office, and the Spurns
That patient merit of the unworthy takes,
When he himself might his Quietus make
With a bare Bodkin? Who would Fardels bear, [F: these Fardels]
To grunt and sweat under a weary life,
But that the dread of something after death,
The undiscovered Country, from whose bourn
No Traveller returns, Puzzles the will,
And makes us rather bear those ills we have,
Than fly to others that we know not of.
Thus Conscience does make Cowards of us all,
And thus the Native hue of Resolution
Is sicklied o'er, with the pale cast of Thought,
And enterprises of great pitch and moment, [F: pith]
With this regard their Currents turn awry, [F: away]
And lose the name of Action. Soft you now,
The fair Ophelia? Nymph, in thy Orisons
Be all my sins remembered.
>>
>>56521568
It's weakness if you're physically healthy. If you kill yourself because of something like money troubles, you're a fool.
>>
>>56521897
That image is some 13 year old tumblr tier shit.
Also, if your suicidal, you typically wouldn't have the motivation to go out travelling doing activities like 'tracking down terrorists' or 'being James Bond'. Depression revolves in a lack of interest in the world around you.
>>
>>56521568
Ignorance mostly.
You have one life and you don't even give it a try.
How can you know what the future holds based on your little experience on life.
You can have a realisation, an event or an opportunity that changes yourself entirly from one day to the other. It happened to so many people.
>>
>>56522483
When some people are just fucked their whole life, in their mid twenties, never been kissed, never lost virginity, never really developed social skills, never got to really know joy in life, they don't want to keep living.

Many people say, well just go out and get a hooker, or getting laid isn't hard, etc etc but it isn't just that. You missed out on all the experiences of youth and developing normally socially. Never got to experience romance, never got to experience any 'scores' or wins to share with your friends, some never even had friends. For some it's a sad, lonely life
>>
Pure weakness, caused by ignorance like anon above said but ignorance is a part of weakness
>>
>>56522670
>in their mid twenties, never been kissed, never lost virginity, never really developed social skills, never got to really know joy in life

28 here, all of these apply. I'm depressed enough to not have the motivation to do anything, but still not depressed enough to be suicidal. I keep wondering when I'll cross that threshold.
>>
Depends on how you do it. If you just blow your head off or take pills you're weak. If you go on a huge bender, hit every strip club you can, bang a lot of hookers, do every drug you can find, rob a liquor store, give all your possessions away to a stripper and die of alcohol poisoning and have your body thrown away in a dumpster, you are the fucking man. That's how I would do it.
>>
>>56522670
Reminds me of a Doug Stanhope bit.
'Life is like a movie: if you've sat through more than half of it and it sucked every second so far, it probably isn't gonna get great right at the very end for you and make it all worthwhile. No one should blame you for walking out early.'
>>
>>56522483
But what if the future only holds a life full of shit and piss? The way things are looking now, I wouldn't be surprised if suicide was a better way out.
>>
>>56523030
Bit grim desu
>>
>>56521568
Selfish weakness, but misguided strong will
>>
>>56521568
depends if you're going to be tortured/interrogated
>>
>>56521568
Idk. Sometime i think I'm to strong to kill myself, others to weak.
>>
>>56522966
Shit anon, I'm sorry

>>56523030
Yeah. That's what a lot of people don't understand, it has a lot to do with circumstance. As shown by people in this thread saying it's weakness, it's ignorance, well when you've never really had any upsides in life it's hard to be strong, there's nothing to be strong for.
>>
>>56522670
This
I never experienced accomplishment in my life, sure you can do well on exams and stuff but that's arbitrary, it's nothing I can value for its own sake
Everyday is a reminder that the time I could have spent living through things to remember I spent doing nothing because of my own shortcomings

The only thing keeping my from suicide is being a coward and a sense of guilt towards my parents
>>
Anyone ever read Cloud Atlas? The suicide passage in that is amazing
>>
>>56522483
What if you are middle aged? If you're already past your prime and life has never been good to you, why would you continue?
>>
>>56521568
To some life has no real purpose or meaning
I'm planning to suicide when I'm 30
>>
>>56523554
Exactly. Not to mention social rejection. You're seen as 'broken', 'abnormal' if you haven't had sex/kissed etc etc which is true, but it still hurts a lot to know you're alone and undesired, and furthermore an outcast. And worse when you're thought of as a coward by most people, even /pol/, when the loneliness is too much and you give in.
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.