[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Was he in the right, /pol/? How will libtards defend this?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 30
File: 1448242503252.jpg (96 KB, 839x436) Image search: [Google]
1448242503252.jpg
96 KB, 839x436
Was he in the right, /pol/? How will libtards defend this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iVj7Jjq1D_M
>>
>>56509971
>How will libtards defend this?
Should have shot him in the foot!
Should have shot the knife out of his hand!
Should have teleported behind him and disarmed him!
Why didn't he just throw a flashbang, he would have been fine if he had bought kevlar at the start of the round?
Why didn't he use a taser or a stun spell?
>>
Funny how there was no alternative, only death.
>>
why was he cutting himself?
>>
>>56510088
I think one shot would have been enough, not like shooting him in the leg, but one shot to the torso and I think he would have gone down. Not one to defend shitheads that do stupid things but the cop already knew that the fucking guy had a knife. He didn't lunge at him or anything. I'd say one shot, if the dude fell over that would be the end of it but if he kept side stepping towards the cop then yeah, unload on his ass. Not an unjustified shooting, but could have been dealt with better. Cop has to live with it, not me.
>>
>im worried about him, he is trying to cut himself with a knife
>dont worry maam the police is here
>proceeds to kill person
>another job well done in america

is the only thing police can do well is to be afraid of their own safety?
>>
File: polarchive4plebs.png (370 KB, 990x795) Image search: [Google]
polarchive4plebs.png
370 KB, 990x795
Why do people do this?
>>
>>56510642
thats 4plebs fault, not 4chan
>>
>>56510485
I'm pretty sure cops are trained to empty clips/shoot to kill. Wounding them opens up lawsuit cases, but with how shit america is getting justified killings can still bring lawsuits and million dollar payouts. Soon its going to be illegal for police to arrest black people let alone shoot them
>>
>>56510698
>clips
>>
I don't care if you fat retards kill each other. One less embarrassment to the white race tbqh
>>
File: 1440990308598.png (13 KB, 418x359) Image search: [Google]
1440990308598.png
13 KB, 418x359
Seriously, America is such a shithole.
>>
>>56510682
No it's not. People actually do post like this.
>>
>>56509971
hahah funny , he couldn shot his arm or anything else
obviously only solution is death
>>
>>56510485
>but one shot to the torso and I think he would have gone down
Why do you say that? Where should he have aimed on the torso to take him down in one shot? Which organs should he hit to stop the guy in his track?
>fucking guy had a knife
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J_KJ1R2PCMM

But I agree, cops should receive better training for these sorts of situations, I think there's better ways to try deescalate. Then again I've never worked as a cop.
>>
>>56509971
Fallout 4 is out
Why not use vats and shoot the knife off his Hand
Jesus
>>
>>56510912
He did stop him from harming himself though

>another job well done
>>
lol when i was in afghanistan i delt with people with knives all the time.. i didn't kill anyone or get stabbed
>>
>>56511166
>implying cops have the same training and intelligence that soldiers do
lmao living in a fairy tale huh child killer
>>
>>56511267
i think me and the dudes i served with would make better cops than the faggots who end up in the news with questionable shootings
>>
>>56510921
Personally, it sounded like the guy was going through some emotional crises or some stupid shit. If it was me in that one particular situation, I think I would have hesitated for about a second and a half before that second shot. That's all I'm saying. I think if you aim center torso then you'll hit something vital. That's how I practice anyhow. Hit low? Probably hit the bladder or kidneys. Hit to the side? You might have just taken out his liver. Like I said, not unjustified in my opinion, but he's the one that has to live with it. I can tell you from military experience, nobody is ever really trained to handle something like that, and it would be near impossible to train for every shitty situation. I think spending a little extra on cops training would benefit everyone. Next time some nig nog gets blasted for dumb shit people won't be able to blame shotty training.
>>
>>56511267
Soldiers don't have that much better training.

>>56511365
Maybe you would, but if you didn't have prior experience on top of police training then you wouldn't. Do you think every cop should be prior military?
>>
File: malaysia-airlines-crash-10.jpg (150 KB, 980x735) Image search: [Google]
malaysia-airlines-crash-10.jpg
150 KB, 980x735
>>56510088

"Why don't cops try to get themselves killed for the sake of thugs in every possibly circumstance? Why would anyone value the life of a trained professional more than a random drug addicted mentally challenged failure? Why isn't the world perfect like mommy said it would be if I was nice?"

Next time a hijacking happens and we shoot the plane down, these people are going to demand to know why we didn't send Bane in to get all the people out of the plane first.
>>
>>56509971
I believe the cop did reasonably well, actually. Although in most countries it's standard procedure to shoot in the legs in this situation. Shooting to kill is frowned upon. In this case i don't believe he should have been killed...
>>
>>56510698

Nothing to do with lawsuits, it's fucking stupid to stop shooting once you start unless the target is down. You don't shoot someone to hurt them, you shoot to kill. That is the entire point of guns. The only possibly outcomes for stopping after you fire to look at the victim is either 1) they don't move because they're dead, or 2) they attack you because they aren't dead. You fire until they go down, and you aim for center mass.

Also, reminder just like from the last 7 fucking threads:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9igSoJHEdUo

DON'T UNDERESTIMATE THE KNIFE -- IT WILL BE THE LAST THING YOU DO!
>>
This exact post has been being made for days now
>>
File: modern liberalism.jpg (90 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
modern liberalism.jpg
90 KB, 600x450
>police orders you to put your potentially deadly weapon down
>don't comply
>"you didn't shoot him, did you?"

good fucking riddance
>>
>>56510550

/thread
>>
>>56510088
I mean, honestly, one shot would have been enough. Two if he was still being a faggot.
>>
>>56511570
>I think if you aim center torso then you'll hit something vital. That's how I practice anyhow. Hit low? Probably hit the bladder or kidneys. Hit to the side? You might have just taken out his liver
Bladder probably won't kill a guy, kidneys and liver would eventually but it would take a long time, could be a matter of hours even. Only thing in the torso that will bring you down straight away is heart and major vessels (and spinal cord), if you shoot a guy one shot in the lungs with a handgun odds are he's still got quite a few minutes, could be a lot longer. It's all a matter of odds, one shot might well stop a guy. With multiple shots center of mass you'll hit something serious pretty quickly, but one is a risk (even a head shot doesn't give you a guaranteed kill though it will probably stop him). Rifle is a different story, one shot in the center has a far better chance of stopping him. The biggest problem is that a guy hopped up on adrenaline might not even feel the shot.

Greatest advancement in US policing is the cameras, makes sure everyone is accountable and it usually seems to play in the cop's favor. I think it provides a good incentive for improvements in training programs.

>>56511708
Lol, and when a nuke goes off they'll ask why they didn't just get into a fridge like Indy did. It's a big thing in forensics and legal work too, everyone now thinks that if there's DNA evidence it's automatically proof, and if there isn't then there's no case. And the medical field deals with people thinking that all sorts of shit that's treatable isn't, and stuff that isn't is. These sorts of beliefs are at the core of conspiracy theories too, people watch a movie and automatically think they're experts on a topic.
>>
>>56512429
Only thing I would have done differently is that I would have hesitated after the first shot to see if he was still advancing. Only reason I say that is because the cop was called there to help him, not kill him. Maybe I'm just being an optimist today. Usually I just say mow em down.
>>
File: turtle face.png (491 KB, 719x538) Image search: [Google]
turtle face.png
491 KB, 719x538
>>56509971
>mfw amerifat can't shoot in the leg
>>
He did warned him 8 times though. I wouldn't blame the cop but it could had been avoided if he had waited longer.

But he was worried about the guy.
>>
File: anime and dexter don't know.jpg (42 KB, 571x540) Image search: [Google]
anime and dexter don't know.jpg
42 KB, 571x540
The guy was like two steps away, so yea, he was justified at that moment. He probably could have deescalated the situation better beforehand though.
>>
>>56511750
Nigga you are dumb as fuck you know how many fucking arteries are in your legs no cops are ever trained to shoot in the legs
>>
>>56510550
If you're too stupid to realize that you shouldn't walk towards a cop with a knife after he tells you "I'm going to shoot you" you deserve to be killed.
>>
File: 1444094624517.gif (66 KB, 699x800) Image search: [Google]
1444094624517.gif
66 KB, 699x800
>wants everyone to own guns
>can't shoot leg of waddling man
>>
>>56513311
>shooting him 6 times is fine tho
>>
File: small.jpg (26 KB, 444x450) Image search: [Google]
small.jpg
26 KB, 444x450
>>56509971
>walk toward cop holding handgun
>cop tells me to stop
>I keep walking
>cop tells me to stop x3
>tells me he is serious
>I still walk toward him
>cop magdumps

>whatdidIdo.gif
>>
If he lives, he just sues and sues, becoming an even bigger drain on society than he was before. Also, a person who will walk towards a cop with a knife WILL hurt someone in the future. Taking him out is the right choice.
>>
>just shoot le leg
Guns are murder weapons. When you shoot you're shooting to kill. Life isn't a movie.
>>
>>56510550
Police aren't negotiators or psychologists
Don't call police for suicidal people
>>
>>56513476
If this was in the UK the cops would have just run away
>>
what the fuck america
>>
>>56513740
Right. The only time it's necessary to use a gun is when it is intended to take a life. Shooting a suspect in the leg is an admission that it wasn't necessary to shoot in the first place.
>>
OP and anyone that agrees with the killing of this man is a complete and total brainwashed cretin.

If he had a gun and was pointing at the cop, thus endangering the cop's own life, he'd be completely at fault and could be righteously killed in self defense. But he literally had a stupid knife.

The cop could've backed away, secured the other person, and came back with backup.
He could've shot him anywhere aside from the chest and head.
He could've fired warning shots at the floor, wall, or ceiling.
He could've used his taser (if carried).

Hell, he could've even tried to negotiate without having to point the gun at him. It's just a knife. He knew there was only one exit and it was behind him. The cop wasn't in any immediate danger. He could've ran away if negotiations failed and if he hadn't taken out his gun. While running, he could've taken it out, turned around, pointed at him, and still not killed him. Intimidation could've worked. Or incapacitation by shooting him in the foot. Seriously, how are cops so bad in your country?

And I'll say this again. If the suspect (in general) has a lethal weapon pointing at the officer(s), they're free to shoot to defend their own lives. I have nothing against that. It's only logical and the right thing to do. But if the weapon isn't a projectile, bomb, acid, or anything else that could reach the officer in the situation he was in the video, he really had no reason to kill him. Just pathetic...
>>
Loliposteditagain.jaypayguh

Every. Fucking. Day.
>>
BTW don't you have tonfa training for you cops in murica ? 'coz in France that's what we use to neutralize knife threats.
>>
>>56510921
Video is kinda irrelevant given that the guy already had his gun drawn.

That Asian guy doesn't fuck around though.
>>
>>56513892
He told him several times to drop the knife and he did not comply. How else do you negotiate in this situation?
>>
>>56513892

yuuuuup. idk man i feel like i would be better trained to handle shit like this with only my life experience, idk what they teach cops but straight up it is not humane haha. like why the fuck didnt he just keep his sight on the guy, back the fuck up and on outta there, tell that bitch to dip to and call for backup? or what happened to less than lethals lol
>>
>>56514294
Yeah, just shoot him if he leaves the house.
>>
>>56513892

You don't shoot to wound you fucking idiot.

Also, you're literally saying the cop should have turned tail and run from someone who was acting like he wanted to stab him. He was told to put the weapon down, explicitly and multiple times, and refused. Fuck him.
>>
>>56509971
This is why I would never call the police during a domestic violence situation. I'd handle the shit myself. I wouldn't want to put my family or myself in danger. When seconds count the police will be there in minutes to shoot your dog.
>>
>>56514165

Like I said. Shoot him in the legs. Maybe startle him by shooting in the air or floor.

He was clearly not right in the head. The woman said that he was planning on cutting himself, possibly implying that he even wanted to kill himself. He was in shock and confused. Just check the video. He wasn't an armed criminal or anything. Just had a traffic accident or something.

Also, I noticed that knife reaction video that was posted, and okay, I might be a bit unaware of some things, but he already had his gun drawn. He was at the ready. All he had was to shoot his lower body. That simple.

If you're not brave enough to maintain your cool in a possible life or death scenario, you clearly aren't meant to work in law enforcement.
>>
>>56511365
Yea and soldiers get payed better in Canada and have higher entrance standards, you need to jack yourself off that badly?>>56511570
>>
>>56510088
I don't know it but I guess cops are actually trained to shoot multiple times because it's quite likely the target will dash off and try to hurt the cop the very moment the cop shoots the first time. So if the first shot doesn't hit and the offender also has a weapon, it's almost a death sentence for the cop.

Then again, cops should be trained to actually aim and hit their targets (feet), use tasers and be able to deal with close combat offenders. Should be.
>>
File: 1448219517000.gif (2 MB, 269x318) Image search: [Google]
1448219517000.gif
2 MB, 269x318
This is why cops need to train in contemporary fencing. Could have easily parried and disarmed.
>>
>>56514519

You can't train someone to be able to hit a moving 3 inch target with a pistol.

More importantly, that's not what the gun is for. If they thought non-lethal was an option, they would have used it (taser, baton, or just hand to hand).

When you pull a weapon on a cop and refuse to relinquish it, you get shot. Fuck you.
>>
>>56514603
That's the gayest thing I've ever read
>>
>>56514603
Is someone hurting this cat in your gif? Why you post shit like this in this thread?
>>
>>56514402

I'm unaware of your laws. And admittedly, even of my own laws, when it comes to the ownership and use of weapons in law enforcement or as an individual.

But I'll ask you this.

WHY THE FUCK NOT!? Why don't you shoot to fucking incapacitate!? The fuck is wrong with that!?

Is it seriously a law thing? Are laws that retarded? Then they need to be changed.

I mean, remember that woman killing that dude that was on the ground, literally helpless? I'm against THAT kind of shit, ok?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3307427/Disturbing-video-showing-moment-police-officer-shot-unarmed-man-dead-released-one-day-acquitted-murder.html
>>
>>56512331

You shoot two times at the man. The first bullet enters his chest and pierces a lung, but bypasses his heart and does not damage his spine.

You hold your fire to see how he reacts to that.

Oops, now you're fucked because he charged you, or shot at you, or threw a knife at you, or this or that.

There have been numerous stories of people being shot in the head and surviving, or even continuing to function. Same for being shot in the chest 7 times. There are also stories of people dying because they got shot in the leg and it broke an artery.

If you wanna be a police officer and maintain a "1 to 2 bullets per" self rule go ahead. But don't expect another man who's dealing with this shit to risk his life.
>>
>>56514462
in this regard american cops are a bunch of pussies. they don't know how to fight, how to disarm someone, how to deescalate the situation... itreally is sick that their first instinct is to shoot someone
>>
>>56514653
I think he's tripping on catnip.
>>
>>56514646
When the offender is a nigger but we're talking about whites here. I wouldn't say the area involving your two feet and shinbones are only 3 inches. And yeah, taser.
>>
>>56514680

Well they don't shoot to wound because they're trained to shoot to kill :^)
JUSTIFIED
>>
>>56514693
>If you wanna be a police officer and maintain a "1 to 2 bullets per" self rule go ahead. But don't expect another man who's dealing with this shit to risk his life.

risking your life comes with the job. american police are just straight up cowards, crooks and cronies
>>
>>56514653
You sicken me Germany.
>>
>>56514706
If these things keep happening, it's seems like it's going to get to a point where if someone has a domestic issue they just won't call the cops because they're too worried about the cops shooting whoever is causing the incident.
>>
>>56514680

>WHY THE FUCK NOT!? Why don't you shoot to fucking incapacitate!?

1. Because the targets are too thin. You'll probably just completely miss or just hit the torso anyway
2. A shot to the arms or hands or legs might not even be noticeable to someone who's high or even just really pumped up on adrenaline, unless it damages a joint.
3. If a suspect is shot in the leg and it hits the femoral, they'll be dead before an ambulance gets there
4. The point of an officers gun is to kill someone. If they thought non-lethal was an option they would be using it already.

>I mean, remember that woman killing that dude that was on the ground, literally helpless? I'm against THAT kind of shit, ok?

I agree that was literally murder. And she got away with it from a combination of being a police officer and her pussy pass. Both of which are not okay, but different issues entirely.
>>
>>56514881

American police are already understaffed and underfunded.

>risking your lfie comes with the job
>the people doing the job are cowards

Pick one and stick with it. Why don't you go join the police force if you think you can do it better? When you obviously obtain Police Chief in 2 months after having a super amazing arrest record with zero fired shots and over 600 gorillion criminals taken in, you can try and get the system changed to one that your own experience has taught you, instead of fantasizing about what you /think/ works.
>>
>>56510088
I'm as right leaning as right leaning reasonably goes, but that cop was plainly over reacting.

The whole 'shoot him in the leg' meme is dumb in many situations, but it shouldn't be entirely dismissed. Especially in this video, there's no reason why he couldn't have stayed calm and shot him in the shoulder or gut and waited a moment to see if he went down, its not like he was charging at the cop ready to carve him up, if he were or if he started to after the first shot then there'd be no reason not to dump a mag in his ass, but the way this played out was embarrassing and tragic.

Its like Burgerstani cops are all hemophiliacs, they think they're going to die if they get a scratch on them.
If you're going to start hyperventilating and shooting erratically at the slightest threat of violence then you're a spineless coward and have no business being a cop.
>>
>>56514881
in my town TWO cops were each convicted of a DUI while off-duty. this should be a fireable offense yet they were not even disciplined, let alone fired absollutely disgusting corruption in the police force.
>>
>>56514646
You can't possibly tell me that in this instance he could've just kneecapped him
>>
>>56509971

I'd defend my wife's right to shoot an attacker who was brandishing a knife and creeping closer to her as she demanded him to stop.

What, are American Police officers not American anymore? Do they not have the right to self defense?
>>
>>56515027

The instinct of most people is to flee or attack when the first round goes off. Maybe if there were a back exit fleeing would have been okay, but there wasn't, and more importantly he had know way of knowing which would happen.
>>
>>56512785
look at the stupid French nigger who doesn't know how ballistics work
>>
>>56514856

Yeah, sounds great. I can imagine your country in 10 to 20 years time.

>get stopped for jaywalking
>asked by cop to present ID
>reach for back pocket to take it out
>HE HAS A GUN!!!
>get killed by 20 cops with automatic rifles and a team of 5 snipers for backup

Totally legit, man.
>>
>>56515021
>Pick one and stick with it. Why don't you go join the police force if you think you can do it better? When you obviously obtain Police Chief in 2 months after having a super amazing arrest record with zero fired shots and over 600 gorillion criminals taken in, you can try and get the system changed to one that your own experience has taught you, instead of fantasizing about what you /think/ works.

just take a look at the police force in other countries. many of them aren't allowed to even use their handguns yet have to subdue knife-wielding individuals all the time.
>>
>>56515116
What if the "attacker" was you, you were both in your own house and you hadn't done anything with the knife but hurt yourself?
>>
Libtards watch this. Nig was closing in and way below 21 feet

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J_KJ1R2PCMM
>>
>>56515089

Try pistol shooting at a range sometime, see how close you have to bring a target before you can consistently shoot in a ~2 inch group that would represent the cross section of a person's knee. And that's a static target.
>>
>>56515089
*couldn't have
>>
File: Working in Konami.gif (2 MB, 448x252) Image search: [Google]
Working in Konami.gif
2 MB, 448x252
>>56515027

I'm sure you're a brave man who is never affected by adrenaline in your average life. You are in fact 100% fully competent even in scenarios where you could die in less than 10 seconds.

You are, of course, a skilled operator capable of disarming anyone in an instant, and are able to dodge bullets, as well as able to stop a wound from bleeding solely by willpower.

You accomplished all of these feats simply by being trained over the course of a year, and thus are now amazing.

O-oh wait, you aren't? So what you're saying is that unless you're a supersoldier capable of movie shenanigans you shouldn't be a police officer? I hope you realize that the American police are understaffed, underappreciated, and underfunded. Cops have been killed off duty, on break, on duty, at traffic stops, everywhere imaginable. The situation you think would've gone fine has gone wrong before for another cop and that's why they're anxious.

As soon as you start cloning Big Boss, feel free to get the police situation "Turned around" to a completely perfect system.
>>
>>56515218
Already been posted.
>>
>>56509971
Why did he pull out the gun? Couldn't he just got a taser from his car or something? Why even consider using lethal force against a suicidal person?
>>
>>56515196

http://www.policeone.com/officer-down/87582-Michael-Swindells/academy/academy/

Works great for them every time.
>>
>>56512785
>implying real life works like in movies
>implying getting shot in the leg instantly incapacitates you and makes you unable to stab
lopette
>>
Jessica figured it out, we can all go home
>>
>>56515218
bootlickers watch this. it's the bold way of taking down someone with a knife

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J9TFvh6Xps4
>>
File: Genghis-Khan.jpg (24 KB, 648x369) Image search: [Google]
Genghis-Khan.jpg
24 KB, 648x369
>>56510698
>empty clips
>>
>>56515247
If he fired as many shots at the knee as he did to his chest he could've hit it, only takes one to put him on his knee
>>
>>56515014

1. That's fine. If you miss, you miss. You tried.
2. Depends on the situation. In this specific situation the target was unmoving or slowly moving and the cop knew the backstory. He could've went for the legs, or at least tried.
3. That's fine. His own fault.
4. I thought that was different a few decades ago... Guess I'm not up with the times.
>>
>>56515310
lol great anecdote from 2004 you really got me there
>>
File: 1413220118429.jpg (52 KB, 800x298) Image search: [Google]
1413220118429.jpg
52 KB, 800x298
>>56515287
Oh my bad next time I'll read all 100 posts before I post something

>>56515350
>>
>>56515310
>2004

Really?
>>
>>56514653
>[moans from bedroom]
>why are you hurting my mommy?!
>>
>>56515210

If I had broken the law, refused to come out of my house, and started using a knife to cut myself and walked towards the police with that knife in a threatening matter, I would expect him to shoot me like any logical person would.

>Cop brandishing a lethal weapon
>Me brandishing a lethal weapon
"Sir, put the knife down! It isn't worth it"
>Second warning
>Third warning
>I began to advance towards him
>Final warning
>I continue to advance towards him
>Get shot

Why are you so keen on defending a criminal? Your media (just as ours has) has taught us to hate law enforcement because they are proxy warriors for the state. Back when things weren't so fucked people had good relationships with their local law enforcement and when there was a problem, it could be solved verbally 90% of the time because the sheriff knew the people living in his jurisdiction.

Now, we are told to "FUCK DUH POLICE MUHFUGGUH" and to act threatening towards them so they view us as potential threats and not citizens to protect and rehabilitate.

This is all by design. If Law enforcement and the civilian populous were on good terms and they didn't feel it was necessary to take extreme procedures to apprehend criminals then they would refuse to do so disarming the state. Instead, we add fuel to the fire.

Don't play into the hands of corrupt people.
>>
>>56515387

lol great statistic from any year showing how many violent knife wielders any police force in the world is capable of taking down unharmed vs how many times they are harmed doing so
>>
File: 1433887523642.gif (499 KB, 150x113) Image search: [Google]
1433887523642.gif
499 KB, 150x113
>>56515331

> first paragraph
> begin to get somewhat angry
> read on
> have a hearty kek

Better than expected!
>>
>>56515443

I MEAN COME ON GUYS, EVIDENCE OF THINGS NOT WORKING IN PREVIOUS YEARS DOES NOT MEAN IT WONT WORK HERE. IT'S 2015 GUYS
>>
>>56509971
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tueller_Drill
every teim
>>
>>56509971
tbqh family he shouldve just tazed him

>get call theres some redtard cutting himself
>go in with a gun and let him have his suicide by cop
shouldve just gone in with the tazer and hit him as soon as he saw he had a knife
>>
>>56515462
>Now, we are told to "FUCK DUH POLICE MUHFUGGUH" and to act threatening towards them so they view us as potential threats and not citizens to protect and rehabilitate.
only niggers act like that though. the victim here was white
>>
>>56515462
>refused to come out of my house

Why should you be forced to? It's your house. The cop is the intruder here.

>Why are you so keen on defending a criminal?

Harming yourself isn't really a crime I give a fuck about. If he was threatening his wife and she'd called the cops for any reason other than a concern for his own well being, then yeah, there might be an argument here. But as it stands, the wife called the cops out of concern for his safety and the cop shot him. He wasn't even doing specifically what he'd been asked to do. If he's not capable of calming the situation down, he should not be in there.

Not interested in entertaining the rest of your ranting.
>>
>>56510485
In that moment, preserving your own life is the only thing deemed appropriate. Listen to how hard the officer breathing .. huge adrenaline rush.
>>
>>56515462

Because he wasn't a criminal. He clearly also wasn't in a right state of mind to make a rational decision. He was literally cutting himself with a knife. Does that sound rational to you? Do you think that a man cutting himself can think what's about to happen to him? Perhaps he even desired death. But that's just absurd. He died because of a crash? Surreal...
>>
>>56515133
Which is why they have a dozen plus rounds in the mag, sure maybe he does chimp out, then you resume firing until he's down and that's that, but a fucking moment of observation after the first round isn't too much to ask for when lives are at stake, its not like he's gonna holster his weapon and casually approach the dindu, just wait a fucking moment while holding aim and see what happens.

>>56515276
Are you memeing right now or are you actually retarded?

>stop or i'll shoot x3
>shoot x1
>wait ~2 sec
>resume firing or call for backup depending on reaction

Which part of that is unreasonable?

Its not a one size fits all solution, sometimes the situation simply won't allow it, but as a general rule when dealing with people that aren't imminently violent i think its fine.
>>
>>56515701

So if an armed pedophile serial murderer refused to leave his house because, "Raping and then murdering children isn't a crime I give a fuck about." was his reason, he'd be justificed?
>>
>>56515550
It's a basic description of a situation. It doesn't even go in to detail about how the incident occurred and it doesn't say anything about how the police might have modified procedure in response.
>>
>>56515662

Tasers rarely stop a criminal and I am sure you have seen the videos where people rip the prongs out like they were nothing. When you are 5 feet away from someone with a blade, it only takes a single second for your shit to get fucked up bad.

I'd rather kill some uncooperative criminal with mental issues than being forced to live the rest of my life using adult diapers because I decided use a half-measure instead of a full one.
>>
>>56515759

Justified*

Fuk
>>
>>56515662
The cop was by himself, if the taser failed then he would have been dead. Shooting him was 100% justified and honestly, he should have never allowed the guy to get that close or been alone at all.
>>
>>56509971
>menace person with knife
>they tell you to put it down or they will shoot you
>don't put it down
>get shot
what is the argument here exactly?
>>
>>56515331
I honestly hope that if I ever go on a murder spree, someone will drop to their knees and fellate me during it. It's my only weakness.
>>
A cop's proprities in order of importance:

1. Protect THEMSELVES
2. Protect OTHER COPS
3. Arrest people
4. Protect people

Not saying they're bad, but this is the reality of the situation. A cop deals with too many people in one day to care about any one of them. Don't call the cops if you don't want anyone to get shot

A few months ago there was a domestic disturbance in my building where a woman was caught by her husband/boyfriend with another guy. All three of them are bodybuilders so they started shit with each other and started fighting, and one of them was trying to cut someone else with a knife. This was going on for maybe 20/30 minutes before the cops finally showed up. Less than five minutes after the cops came, BOTH guys were shot dead.

I'm sure they were technically within their authority to do so but it doesn't change the fact that IF THE COPS HADN'T BEEN THERE, both guys would still be alive.

So don't ever call the cops on your family or neighbors- you're not doing anyone any favors
>>
>>56515759
>If a situation was completely different to the situation we're discussing.....

Try again.
>>
>>56515701

He crashed his vehicle and refused to provide insurance AKA hit and run.

Don't be retarded.
>>
>>56515336
>dumb faggot doesn't know how to hold a knife
>starts running away like a pussy
yeah, it's totally applicable to the situation we're discussing
>>
>>56515336
>almost stabbed multiple times
>"OH WOW NOBODY DIED INNIT GR8 M8?!"
>>
>>56515830
the guy was obviously not in the right state of mind and killing him could likely have been avoided
>>
>>56515848

>claims that hurting yourself is not a valid crime
>i show a scenario where claiming a crime is not a valid crime does not work
>"B-BUT IT'S A DIFFERENT SCENARIO!"

Stay classy, Ahmed.
>>
>>56515872
Source.
>>
>>56515701
>Why should you be forced to?
Because he broke the law you stupid nigger
>>
>>56515821
he shouldve waited for back up then.
>then he couldve cut himself so bad he died..
yeah well the alternative didnt work.

he shouldve waited for back up and they all shouldve tazed him.
>>56515810
the guy was some depressed loser self harming because he couldnt pay medical bills or some shit.. not a violent criminal. he wanted a suicide by cop, and the dumb cop gave it to him.

wouldve been safer for everyone involved if he waited for backup and they just tazed the shit out of him.
>>
>>56515936
Yeah, committing a crime which is only of an consequence to you is a fundamentally different issue that committing a series of crimes that brutally affected the lives of others. I don't know why you think these two things are in anyway equatable.
>>
>>56515964
Which law?
>>
>>56509971

I don't think the cop is guilty of misconduct. I think he was acting within his duty in shooting the guy, BUT, I don't think it was necessary. That's pretty much how I feel about most of these cases. Sure, he could shoot the guy, but was there really no other option?

I worked as a hospital security guard for years. We dealt with crazy people all the time. At least 3 or 4 times I had people pull knives on me. We didn't have anything but our hands to defend ourselves. No one ever got seriously injured, and certainly no one was ever killed.

One night in particular, an older gentleman who was hassling nursing staff suddenly ran into a break room and grabbed a large (approx 10 inch) knife that the nurses had been using to cut cake. He charged at us. We moved back, and put as many obstacles as possible between us and him until we were able to confine him to a single room. Then we waited for police to arrive, at which point two police officers entered the room with batons and wrestled the knife away from him.

On other occasions, we were able to simply throw 3 or 4 security guards at someone and quickly disarm them that way.

I understand that the cop feared for his life, and I understand that, but I think there are plenty of ways this could have been avoided.
>>
>>56516053

Who's going to clean up his dead body, who's going to pay off any debts he has, who's going to take care of any children he might have. Etc etc.

Killing yourself is not a situation where you and all responsibilities relating to you vanish.
>>
>>56516213
It's still really disingenuous to compare someone harming them self (not even killing them self) with a serial child rapist.

Also, you really don't seem that concerned about the answer to all those questions given that they all have to be answered now that the cop shot him.
>>
>>56515955

0:45 in the YouTube video.

I find it funny how you could have such an opinion on the video despite not watching it.
>>
File: wanna sperg.jpg (64 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
wanna sperg.jpg
64 KB, 1280x720
>>56515929
>likely
Please then, explain exactly how this could have 'likely' been avoided. Please make it clear to me exactly what course of action should have been taken from the start and then proceed to illuminate the many reasons why this course of action is 'likely' to end with no dead officers and no dead civilians. You people just love to talk about what 'likely' could have been avoided but blow me if I've ever heard an argument that isn't "shoot it out of his hand" or "shoot him in the leg" or "just walk away till backup arrives!".

So please, give me some line of logic or thinking that actually resolves this situation peacefully. Or if that isn't sufficient, establish some idea of exactly where this went wrong and how the officer can realistically be held responsible for it? Did he raise his voice too early? Did he draw his gun without cause? Are these offenses that officers should be tried over? Give me an actual fucking argument instead of backpedaling with this "coulda woulda shoulda" bullshit.

(pic related, maybe we should just give our cops fucking machetes so they can hack off offending limbs rather than harm the people attached)
>>
>>56516413
Fair enough. I skipped forward to where something actually happened and given that people are currently debating me on whether it's OK to shoot someone self-harming in their own home, I'm guessing a lot of other people missed that too.
>>
>>56515694

Sovereign citizen/"police are jack-boot thugs" is the white version of nigger behavior. White people aren't cooperating with police in America even though they are the ones who are responsible for keeping the shit-skinned monsters at bay and we vilify them for that too.
>>
>>56516445
>No-one in any direct harm
>Police officer goes in without announcing he's going in
>Shit starts

What if he used his brain and thought

>No-one in any direct harm
>Police officer realises he has suspect trapped
>Stays put and tries to calm him down from there

Or, at least,
>"Don't be alarmed, I coming back there now"
>>
She called them to stop him from killing himself with a knife and they killed him. Now, believe me I'm far a leftist, but that's just fucking stupid.
>>
>>56512331
>>56510485
>one shot would have been enough

Former Marine, Trooper Mark Coates put five .357 magnum rounds centre-mass, backed away from his downed assailant to call for backup, and had a .22 rip through his aorta fired from the down but not out attacker.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2FraE77l4fI

You don't stop shooting someone, until they are beyond all doubt, no longer capable of being a threat to your life.
>>
>>56516445
1. shoot him in the leg
2. or leave the house and lock him in
3. or use a taser
>>
>>56516547

Absolutely. If it were just the self harming, then this would be unacceptable so I am glad we can agree on this point.
>>
>>56516725
Sorry, missed the part where this guy in this instance had a gun and not a knife, mind pointing that bit out to me?
>>
>>56516761
>lock him in
>>
>>56516807
>only guns or a thread
get a life
>>
http://strawpoll.me/6081502
ty
>>
>>56516799
I'm still on the fence given that the apparent crime was a hit and run car crash and the cop has his address and presumably his registration.

I really don't think there's any meaningful reason for him to be in the house if he doesn't have training in calming down domestic incidents.
>>
>>56516962
Actually, I'm saying only knives, as the OP was taking about this case
>>
File: enoughopfyourshit.png (108 KB, 400x381) Image search: [Google]
enoughopfyourshit.png
108 KB, 400x381
>>56515746
Let me know how you feel about this after you have been in a life threatening situation.
Also why do people call the cops when someone clearly needs help psychological help. Only call the cops if you need some one stopped and this may mean they die.
Cops are guns, lets stop pretending otherwise.
>>
>>56509971
Cop has had ample time at the shooting range, but not enough time learning how to de-escalate a situation.

Yes, the guy was unstable and wielding a knife. However, the cop had the option to give as much ground as he could've wanted and he could've just let him stew in there while backup arrived or negotiations continued.

While the video has "suicide by cop" in the title, I don't recall seeing him taunt or ready a charge at the cop. Waving a knife about menacingly, sure. But the cop already knew the guy felt like he had nothing to lose, he knew he was alone - no buddies of his coming to jump you (hell, even the dog is being passive), and he'd be abetting nothing by not directly engaging the man.
>>
>>56515298
this

Also why the fuck are half of the cunts in this thread laughing at the idea of shooting him in the leg? This is a trained officer, he should have shot him in the legs if he's proficient with aiming and shooting the gun. This is pathetic.
>>
>>56517276
>aim for leg
>miss or doesn't incapacitate threat
>get stabbed
>get stabbed repeatedly
>die

kek
>>
>>56516085
Fleeing the scene of an accident. Retard.
>>
>>56517137
>Let me know how you feel about this after you have been in a life threatening situation.
cops should be trained to not have their emotions overcome them in a life-threatening situation. the current crop of cops is simply a bunch of overpaid corrupt cowards who don't know how to think rationally in a tense situation and simply use their gun.

we just need a better hiring/training process for cops. we all know a person or two from high school who was an absolute idiot yet managed to become a cop. this should stop happening.
>>
>>56517276
That isn't how any police or military force in the entire world is trained to react to a threat. GTFO with that movie bullshit. A person shot in the leg with a 9mm can still chase and kill your ass.
>>
>>56509971
what teh fuck is that cop stupid or soemthing? the guy wants to killhiml NOPE let me kill him instead jsut because i have a gun he has a knife LOL what is this stupid shit how americunts can be this dense, just leave the man alone and deal whit his shit no need to kill him pigs
>>
>>56517412
wew lad
lots of baseless accusations and feelings there. any facts to back this up whatsoever? or did a cop just bang your wife?
>>
>>56516683
>no-one in any direct harm
>guy slicing himself with knife
Okay so you've already failed to find a scenario that doesn't imply failure on the officer's part from the first sentence

>>56516761
>shoot him in leg
>literally first sentence
Let's say this position wasn't absurd right out the gate, let's say we considered aiming for a small, moving target instead of a big, effective one was considered a policy. The guy is no more than ten or fifteen feet away with shit galore to prop up on. Shooting him in the leg would only prompt an encounter and fail to end it quickly. He would have shot him in the leg, and then immediately had to shoot him twice more in the chest when shooting him in the leg had no effect. Shooting legs isn't a fucking solution.

>lock him in
and let him suicide, officer shamed for 'inhuman' response
>use a taser
and pray to god he isn't on meth or close enough to fuck you up when you miss with your ONLY SHOT

Again, a practical solution was asked for, and you're just giving me various ways of getting an officer killed or damned.
>>
>>56517361
>missing
>trained officer
>multiple shots can be fired
>odds of missing a dude in the fucking legs whose a foot away from you are very slim
>you can fire multiple rounds, definitely not going to miss if you fire 3 times unless you're a pathetic excuse for a cop

Sad
>>
>>56514680
>WHY THE FUCK NOT!? Why don't you shoot to fucking incapacitate!?

I shoot every wednesday night in my pistol club and I am easily a better shot than 99% of police officers. I can shoot apples at 25 yards all day but that is in a stress free shooting environment. That means fuck all.

In a stressful situation I could not shoot to disarm or disable nor could anyone else in my gun club. Neither police nor civilian shooters are able to consistently and deliberately "shoot to wound" in an actual violent altercation. That is some lone ranger hollywood shit and it doesn't work in real life.

If there is a threat you have to shoot for center of mass and you have to keep shooting until the threat is removed. Shooting multiple times is normal for any self defense shooting be it civilian or police.

One well placed shot can cause a fatal injury if you are lucky, but even with a fatal wound a person can keep fighting for several minutes. You have to fire multiple times until the person simply shuts down from trauma, shock, or loss of blood pressure (or a lucky hit the CNS).

A good example of the threat posed by wounded criminals is Babyface nelson. The very first bullet caused a fatal wound and destroyed his liver. He then charged the police and shot several of them while taking return fire.

After being shot 17 times in total with .45 handguns and buckshot, Nelson stole one of the agents cars and escaped. He died that night in bed with his wife. That very first bullet killed him but it took a long time for him to die and he took out a lot of cops before bleeding out.

tl;dr

A man with a knife is a serious threat and even a shot to his heart will still potentially give him enough time to cross the room and stab you in yours. Bullets are not instantly lethal on their own. The only reliable defense against a knife is a magdump.
>>
>>56517459
is peru another word for PUSSY
>>
>>56517548
>shoot
>hit him in leg
>hit him in leg repeatedly
>he runs at me anyway
>get stabbed
>repeatedly
>die

I guess that makes more sense... yeah.
>>
>>56517499
>guy slicing himself with a knife

So rather than staying put and try and diffuse the situation- beyond just saying "whatever you're thinking of doing, man, it ain't worth it"- he went in with a gun drawn?

No, you missed the point of my argument entirely
>>
>>56517548
How can you be this retarded? You shoot someone in the leg once, it's barely going to slow him down, more than likely. You're not using the fucking ray gun from COD, you fucking pleb, it's a 9mm. Good luck hitting that leg again before he's charged you and slashed your jugular.
>>
>>56517421
I'd love to see a dude chase me with a knife after he's been shot multiple times in the fucking legs. Why don't you GTFO here with your movie bullshit?
>>
>>56517124
Only knives what? A knife at that close range is deadly as fuck.

>>56516761
>or use a taser
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GQkur9hQnN4

And this should be required viewing before entering into these threads: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wgXdm8LQ86c
>>
File: 1447003765217.gif (2 MB, 320x178) Image search: [Google]
1447003765217.gif
2 MB, 320x178
>>56515336
>Al jazeera
>>
>>56517640
He didn't see that he was even slicing himself before going in. Jesus, do you people have to wear a helmet day-to-day? Do you get gold stars when you don't spill applesauce? How fucking retarded are you?
>>
The real idiot here is the female who called the cops.
>>
>>56517617
the pussy is the coop you fat cunt, "OH NO i can disarm a man with a knife who is trying to killhimself! i should shot him instead! huh!"
>>
>>56517672
You're mental. Fine, every police officer gets a .45 then. 9MM aren't strong enough because you think that you could run through bullets like the other fucker in this thread.

Tasing him would actually be the correct option here. But nah, I guess you tough guys would be able to run through that too. Got some super humans in this thread
>>
>>56517759
Idiot. That's the only word for you. You obviously don't have family or friends in law enforcement.
>>56509971
The cop gave him ample opportunity to put his weapon down. He verbally told the man several times to do so. The cop handled it professionally and by the books. At the end of the day cops look out for their safety as well, and this man was disobeying the cop with a weapon.
>>
>>56517720

she did not calll the cops . that was some other guy who was gunned down on his bed
>>
File: 1427522554270.jpg (42 KB, 407x430) Image search: [Google]
1427522554270.jpg
42 KB, 407x430
>>56517548
>unstable guy with knife 5 feet from my face
>fire multiple shots at a small, moving target in a high pressure situation in dimly lit, unfamiliar setting
>high threat individual won't close 5 foot gap between first and second shot
>get stabbed and die for some suicidal trailer trash nigga that wouldn't put down a knife while i have a gun trained on him

kek
>>
>>56517676
>implying you can continue to fire at his legs, turn around, and open the door, before he closes the 10 foot distance and stabs the back of your skull.
On top of the fact that no police or military force in the world is trained to shoot to wound, you're retarded if you believe you could pull this off. Not even worth arguing with.
>>
>>56517676
Police are trained to shoot to kill.
>>
>>56514519
Doesn't matter how much training you have. They're still just people. It's not like a civilian would have done a better job in such an intense scenario.
>>
>>56517815
dude, there are videos out there of people getting shot in the chest and continuing to fight until the fight is over, then they bleed out. adrenaline makes you a super human when compared to stress free life.
>>
>>56517815
Don't miss. Hope the perp isn't big. Hope he's not on drugs. Good luck. We should let idiots like you Darwin themselves on the police force.
>>
>>56517684
Fuck me, keep up

>Officer shot after firing but not killing: >>56516725

I ask where the guy in OPs case was shown using a gun:>>56516807

>Someone mistakes me for limiting this threads to discussing guns, for some reason: >>56516962

I point out the mistake: >>56517124

Now, this guy clearly isn't in any rush to shank the officer, he could get away with shooting to incapacitate at the point when he starts shooting, that's all
>>
>>56517932
Training plays a huge role in reacting to situations. A trained soldier/police will have a MUCH clearer reaction to a confrontation than that of a civilian. You are underestimating the effect of training. There's a reason why the military conducts a several month long bootcamp
>>
>>56509971
That chick shouldn't have called the cops in the first place. Calling somebody who isn't trained to deal with psychiatric issues, but is trained to use force to talk a guy with a knife down has predictable results. Cop comes in, dude with knife doesn't drop it, and in this case advances on the cop, cop shoots dude. Cop is justified. Standard suicide by cop.
>>
>>56517937
Here's a cop getting shot in the fucking head and still up and about:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ebTM7zp41Vk
>>
>>56517712
Exactly, so why did he feel the need to go in? I don't understand what you're finding so complex about the following logic:

>be police officer, show up to scene where guy may be about to kill himself
>Hear from whoever that there is no way out except the front door
>Draw gun, despite this guy being suicidal after crashing his car before driving off
>Try to get him to come out to speak to me, that tactic fails
>Rather than walking up to him with my gun drawn, I think I'll try and talk to him from here instead

Is it that difficult to wrap your head around?
>>
>>56518013
that was a typo
>only guns are a threat

You seem to think the cop had a load of other options when in such close quarters to a suicidal knife wielding opponent positioning himself to get a clean run at him.
>>
>>56518259
>accident
>guy flees from scene - broken law
>acts unstable
>cops called
>cop goes in because the guy broke the law and was acting unstable (threat to himself and others)

So yea. Going in was justified because people who crash cars and flee are a threat to others

>Rather than walking up to him with my gun drawn, I think I'll try and talk to him from here instead
Remember the part where he did that from the door and the guy was completely unresponsive?

he didn't know what the guy was doing till he walked in and around. For all he knew the clearly unstable threat to others was in there drowning babies, or already half-dead.
>>
>>56513892

> Its just a silly little knife? When did knives ever kill anyone? Lets have the officer instead whilst having his gun drawn, draw his taser while the suspect is charging at him within a six foot range with a knife!

> OR BETTER YET LETS JUST HAVE THE POLICE OFFICER RUN AWAY FROM THE SITUATION THAT WILL SHOW THE MENTALLY DERANGED PERSON HOW ITS DONE!

How stupid can you fucking be, the officer did everything right. If it was me I would have shot him long before this officer did.

> Why are cops so bad in amurica hurr durr
>>
Why didn't he unload on his lower limbs?
>>
>>56518432
Ok, that makes more sense, then

l think he a lot more options than against your common knife wielding opponent, yeah

For instance, he didn't even have to approach him directly in the first place, secondly he had a lot more time to try and incapacitate him than usual

I accept this is an ideal view of a not so ideal situation, but I still think it could've been handled differently
>>
>>56518715

Ever tried to draw a gun before while someone is rushing at you with a knife?

Shit is scary as hell, and if you do decide to shoot for the lower limbs even if you are so lucky that you might hit the lower part of the suspects body, that might not even stop him.

You always shoot center of mass on targets(ie. largest surface area on the body), because you want to lower the risk of missing your few vital shots.

Standard procedure really.
>>
>>56518612
>Going in was justified

Not if he's clearly suicidal and needs talking down it isn't, in any other case, yeah, but in this circumstance any idiot can see that is a bad move

>Talked to him from the door and is unresponsive

I literally pointed that out in my post- tried to get him to come out and failed
Right, so then the alternative is trying to communicate from there, surely? Before going in with your gun out

>For all he knew

The woman clearly gave him a run-down of the situation, don't be stupid
>>
>>56518801
>For instance, he didn't even have to approach him directly in the first place

what the fuck is this, France?

>secondly he had a lot more time to try and incapacitate him than usual

There's a guy several feet away, let me just holster my firearm, pullout my taser, and i'm getting stabbed...

You do realize the distance between the man and the officer, right?

>I accept this is an ideal view of a not so ideal situation, but I still think it could've been handled differently

How could it be handled differently, the wife(?) called the cops to handle the situation. They handled it. It was the man's own choice to do what he did, trust me the cop does not want to shoot. A lot of grief and a lot more paperwork.

>>56518715
This is not fallout where you have vats. Cops are trained to shoot to kill.
>>
>>56518959
>Draw
>Rushing

Did I watch the wrong video? Was the gun not already drawn and was the suspect not edging slowly?
>>
>>56517640
A thousand pardons, it's just so hard to find a point in an argument when there is no tangible argument presented.
>>
>>56515021

>Why don't you go join the police force if you think you can do it better?

Because its impossible to become a police officer nowadays without being a woman or a nonwhite.
>>
>>56518959
He wasn't rushing him, he was standing there like an idiot and slowly walking towards him.
>>
>>56519262
>walking towards him.
well he wasn't backing down either.
>>
>>56519071
>What the fuck is this, France?
What, don't try to talk down a suicidal person? Just either let them do it or get into a fight with them?

>holster my firearm, pull out my taser

So we agree, if he would've handled it differently and gone in with his taser in the first place, it would've ended better?

>Handled the situation

Very badly, remember, she wanted them to calm him down and prevent him killing himself, hence her clearly furious reaction at the officer shooting
>>
>>56519026
>He won't respond when I talk to him from the outside
>so the next logical step is to continue to stand here and continue to talk where it isn't being received
>after all, the white trash crackwife told me everything I need to know about the situation in clear, objective terms
No wonder they just skip straight to chopping off heads in the UK caliphate.
>>
>>56519175
maybe the good cop locations, I know Philly is looking for cops right now so you could go there if youre brave enough
>>
>>56519149
>>56519262

I was giving an example for what goes through your mind as when sombody actually goes full on you.
>>
>>56519158
>Using sophisticated words so he doesn't figure out I'm a hurr durr redneck with no clear concept of what an argument is without referring to google
>Trying also to hide the fact that all I've done is insult rather than try to counter the point because I'm wrong hurr durr
>>
>>56519404
>What, don't try to talk down a suicidal person? Just either let them do it or get into a fight with them?
Do we know if he didn't talk to him? No.

>So we agree, if he would've handled it differently and gone in with his taser in the first place, it would've ended better?
Going at a man who is knowingly armed with a taser that is meant to subdue the unruly unarmed. Okay.
>Very badly, remember, she wanted them to calm him down and prevent him killing himself, hence her clearly furious reaction at the officer shooting
Cops aren't miracle workers.
>>
>>56519409
ARE YOU THIS DIM?!

There is a difference between

>Saying something

and

>What is being said

If you can't get him to come out and talk to you, the next logical step is to try to get him to talk to you from where you are

Jesus, if you were a negotiator...
>>
>>56519504
Fair enough, but it doesn't really apply here necessarily, although I can see the point

>>56519594
>Do we know he didn't try to talk to him?
Yes, we saw from the point he entered the house. He tried to get him to come out and talk to him. Instead of then trying to get him to talk to him from where he is, the officer just goes in

>Going at him with a taser
So we agree, if he would've handled the situation better by staying put and trying to talk to him then it would've gone better

>Cops aren't miracle workers
Nor competent workers, either, it seems
>>
Sure police are there to try and help, but once the dude becomes a threat to the officer, everything turns into self defense for the officer and no longer about trying to save someone that wants to die. Is the officer supposed to get stabbed before he opens fire? Nigga please.
>>
>>56519999
>Quads

/thread
>>
>>56519999
checked
>>
>>56513892

>The cop could've backed away, secured the other person, and came back with backup.
In the meantime the guy with a knife has stabbed someone.

>He could've shot him anywhere aside from the chest and head.
Aims for hand and misses, cop now has a knife in his throat.
Aim for torso, which is the largest part/target, and the guy is taken down and the cop is safe.

>He could've fired warning shots at the floor, wall, or ceiling.
The guy had plenty of warning.

>He could've used his taser (if carried).
Valid point, but you only get one shot.

>It's just a knife
kek, not worthy of a proper response

>ran away
So the cop runs outside and other cops empty their clips into him as he runs out the house behind the cop.
Alternatively, officer runs out and the guy with the knife now knows he can gain ground by simple moving towards the police.

Police officers do this as a job, many of you are forgetting that. They are trained to handle a situation while maintaining their own safety.
Nobody is going to "Run and spin round while taking out their gun and shoot a limb" like this guy suggests, life is not an action movie, that is not a safe practice for the officer in any sort of sensible police force.
>>
>>56520340
>life is not an action movie
yes it is, silencers even make your gun completely quiet
>>
>>56519780
Okay, so let's say he stands there for another five minutes trying to get him to come out, and let's say it works, let's say he actually listens. He comes out with a knife. We're back to square 1.
>"Ey mum, I called im dim! E's dim naow n e knows it. It's a right knackered coversation innit?"
>"come down off the computah and wash up for evening prayers Achmed!"
>>
>>56518715
I'd guess center mass is safer for everyone else. Missing or overpenetrating can be dangerous and death is a pretty surefire way to neutralized a threat.
>>
File: raygun+real1[1].jpg (143 KB, 1600x857) Image search: [Google]
raygun+real1[1].jpg
143 KB, 1600x857
>>56515746
>Which part of that is unreasonable?
When the decision is made to use lethal force there is not a "shoot some, wait, shoot some more if he's still resisting" mentality.

Imagine if the cop's gun wasn't a standard lead ballistic. Imagine if it was a magical sci-fi phaser ray gun of death. Because that's what the training is. You point it and you're saying "stop or you'll die."

When the average dindu or other sees the gun, they should realize that DEATH is staring at them. They should instantly and completely start complying with police instructions. This is the authority that citizens have given their lawmen for centuries.

Thankfully, in the modern age we have weapons that aren't intended to be lethal. They're "less than lethal." These are the weapons that cops use when they aren't intending to immediately and certainly kill the individual they're aiming at.

Once shot, 1,000 shots, the idea is that once lethal force is decided upon, you shoot and keep shooting. When an officer gives an instruction "put the weapon down, stop advancing on my positions, etc" and the perpetrator doesn't comply, the officer is authorized to KILL them.

Frankly, this jackoff got exactly what he wanted. He was playing with a knife, threatening self harm. When he approached the officer with a weapon, and ignored the officer's instructions, he was jamming the "suicide" button as hard as he could.

One shot, 3 shots, 13,847,297 shots. If the officer could right click and 'end process' on the faggot he would have. Being armed and willfully disregarding the instructions of a police officer authorizes him to use lethal force.
>>
>>suicidal person
>>time to draw my gun and try to help him lol

Wow. Seriously.
>>
>>56521288
>implying suicide by cop isn't a real thing

officer is put into a lose-lose situation. shooting the threat is the outcome where he too isn't harmed.
>>
>>56509971
WHY THE FUCK DIDNT HE USE A TAZER?

WHY DIDNT HE LEAD THE KID OUTSIDE

WHAT THE FUCK WAS HE THINKING?

are you fucking kidding me?

Fucking cops.

all he had to do was taze him.
>>
>>56521419
tazer moron
>>
>>56521419

>>officer is put
>>is put

He put himself in that situation.
>>
>>56510804
CHING CHONG PING LING
>>
>>56521562
>because a tazer is guaranteed to stop the threat from stabbing you

>>56521659
he's called to scene because the man fled the scene of an accident. that's a crime you autist. the officer doesn't just walk up to random trailers to check up on people. when a person that committed a crime is then holding a knife and closing distance on an officer, that person tends to get shot.
>>
File: 2 knives.jpg (139 KB, 795x600) Image search: [Google]
2 knives.jpg
139 KB, 795x600
RIP Travis
>>
>>56510094
this

cop was a stupid noob
>>
>>56509971
YEAH MY NIGGA

CAPPED DAT BITCHES ASS STR8 THUG NIGGA
>>
>>56521562
>tazer moron

Tasers have a 69% success rate when it comes to incapacitating someone. That is only slightly higher than pepper spray (64%).

https://www.ncjrs.gov/pdffiles1/nij/grants/224081.pdf

69% is good enough for dealing with rowdy drunken frat boys, but when the criminal is using lethal weapon (a knife) you need something better.
>>
watched it a second time and the guy really told him a shitloads of times to put the knife down.

you can have a panic attack or whatever, but holy shit, drop the fucking knife and stop advancing.
>>
>walk toward cop with a knife
>Get shot
not seeing the problem here
>>
>>56522846
edgy
>>
>>56510804
yea indeed
>>
>>56523076

It's not being edgy. I'm just explaining that if a cop feels his life is in danger he should go to his gun over his taser.

Less-lethal methods are not yet reliable enough to handle all situations.
>>
>>56511671
If cops had to be prior military we'd have almost no cops. That's just stupid.
>>
>>56515353
And if the first few shots had missed, he could have thrown the knife at th officer and possibly killed him.

In that type of situation, you don't know the intent or outcome and self-preservation kicks in. If I was the officer in that situation, I'd have tried to drop the guy too. You go for the biggest target, which is the body.
>>
>>56515196
Do you honestly care that some retard who's willing to wave a knife around a cop lives or not?
>>
>>56522975
The problem is that the woman called the cops. That was the problem.
>>
>>56511829
Finnish police is trained to shoot 1 well aimed shot and then reconsider shooting again. Shoulder and leg shots have worked many more times than they have failed.

>Excluding defending one's life from immediate, lethal threat(basically ongoing firefight).
>>56512994
>Vocal warning
>lethal shot.
These are the only two options?
>>
>>56512785
Retourne te faire tirer dessus josé
>>
>>56510912
"Stop! I WILL shoot you!"
>stops
>doesnt die
easy as that.
>>
>>56512331
You don't point your gun unless you're planning to kill. They're supposed to keep firing until they stop moving.
>>
>>56513311
>Nigga you are dumb as fuck you know how many fucking arteries are in your legs no cops are ever trained to shoot in the legs
muh arteries.
the lethality of a direct hit to the femoral artery is often blown out of proportion.
Sure, if you're shot with a rifle calibre bullet to the upper femoral artery from short range, you are more likely to die than live.
But that's only the case if you're shot to the upper quarter of your thigh.
A knee shot or lower half of the thigh, and you'll likely to live unless first aid is completely forgotten.
>>
>>56513311
this is so stupid i have to screen this
>>
>>56515329
>Implying getting shot in the leg 5 fucking times wouldn't slow you down to the point where you aren't going to catch a police officer to stab him.
>>
>>56515662
>i'll get you bitch
>>
>>56513713
it was a knife u fkng idiot, he cant shoot you with a knife, and he wasnt even attacking or something
>>
>>56515821
>What is dual weilding?
inb4 unprofessional
>>
>>56520890
Why would he come out with the knife if the officer's plan to talk him down worked you n00b?

>>56523620
So, you want a cop to deal with all situations by shooting somebody in the chest? Even when they're wearing a bulletproof vest? Or worse, a suicide jacket?

Remember, these are the people the government want to use to stop terrorist threats should they arise on the streets, try defending them shooting in the chest then, numbnuts
>>
>JUST USE A TAZERRRRRRRRR
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X2xbLV_NSbk
>>
>>56524550
They took him down, though. If he'd have had a gun, I see you're point, but if he had a knife?
>>
>>56515329
>implying getting shot in the leg instantly incapacitates you and makes you unable to stab
Yes, it actually does.
The damage not only destroys large parts of the muscle, but it also causes neurapraxia, thus incapacitating the muscle.
>>
>>56510765
right?
>>
>>56515329
>>56515135
>>56523949
>>56513311
>>56513713
>>56514165
>>56514402
CANCER OF THE EARTH
>>
>>56524670
the point is a tazer doesn't fucking work every goddamn time, if he had a knife he very well could have still been a threat
>>
>>56515161
this
>>
>>56509971

My dick is so hard.
>>
File: ohshit.jpg (43 KB, 366x380) Image search: [Google]
ohshit.jpg
43 KB, 366x380
>>56524469
>Police are shooting too many people
>Let's give them a gun in both hands!
Glibness aside, shooting one handed is significantly less accurate, and bullets can penetrate through walls.
>>
>>56524848
>the point is a tazer doesn't fucking work every goddamn time
And your cops aren't trained for that?
Jesus christ, I was in the army for a year as MP and even we got trained to be prepared for your equipment not working.
>>
>>56509971
Well, he did say he would shoot him. Maybe the idiot should've put the knife down.
>>
>>56524848
It achieved it's objective in that instance, so I don't know where you're going with that
>>
File: fallout3_vats[1].jpg (55 KB, 350x292) Image search: [Google]
fallout3_vats[1].jpg
55 KB, 350x292
>>56517548
>libtards only experience with aiming a firearm comes from V.A.T.S.
>thinks trick-shots of extremities in a high-stress situation is made easier by multiple shots because of the Concentrated Fire perk

Why must all liberals try so hard to literally be the most uneducated faggots possible when it comes to handling firearms?
>>
>>56525048
But was it necessary? Did the teenager deserve to die?
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 30

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.