[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Name literally one thing which is not a social construct: >
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1
File: ein.jpg (399 KB, 1028x1337) Image search: [Google]
ein.jpg
399 KB, 1028x1337
Name literally one thing which is not a social construct:

> sex - social construct
> nationality - social construct
> money - social construct
> love - social construct
> marriage - social construct
> truth - social construct

etc.

But now they say that society does not exists in the libertarian doctrine. So do social constructs even exist in a non-existent society?
>>
I can't understand what you're saying or what I'm writing, you see, language is a social construct
>>
My dick isn't a social contract

P.s. don't try and understand them OP, just accept your place in this world and move on. Do drugs and masturbate
>>
>>56507818
>social construct - social construct
>>
The danger of entertaining the social construct paradigm is that the end result is having to accept that either nothing is true/real (nihilism I suppose), or that everything is true/real even if it's contradictory (don't know what the term for this would be). The best choice is absurdism, accepting that nothing is real but just going with the flow and still seeking a higher purpose. Not a Phil major.
>>
>>56507818
Do you even know what a social construct is? Of course marriage is a social construct. Of course money and nationality are social constructs. They are all man-made. That doesn't make them less valid.
>>
>>56508176
i feel like acknowledging things as social constructs is to sort make them out to be less serious than people make them to be
>>
>>56507818

its true, but then there are a few of those things which can be an individual contruct aswell

>sex is always a social construct, because atleast one more person is needed both to verify and construct a diffrence

>nationality too is a social construct

>money (obviously a social construct)

>love (not neccesary a social contruct, as you can love, and contruct a feeling of love on your own basis, without the need of someone else to love, because love can be had for all external things)

>marrige (obviously a social constuct)

>truth is not a social contruct, but has the potential to be , same as love

a simple rule, (if you want one) is generally that ideals arent necessary social contructs, but it depends on your definition of what ideals are
>>
>>56507845

Yeah, I see actually see what you do mean but would it be possible to change arbitrary words in English, for example, exchange the word "I" for "wobblarbalurg" for example? Would people obey? Surely under some pressure but would they be glad?

> inb4: religion - social construct

Is there anything firm I can hold on to?
>>
>>56508287

there are very few things in this worlds which are firm, the only thing you can hold on to is either internal (yourself, your own integrity) or external in the form of few aspects of reality (science)
>>
>>56508380

Science is actually based on the possibility of throwing out old theory in favour of a new one, more precise etc. Being sceptical in the science is a crucial thing, they say. Like, do not accept everything as it is.

Internal integrity is great but it is often me against everyone. So basically I need to stay away from the "society", even if this is a construct anyway. Too bad I clearly need a social life. Why would I ask other people?
>>
Mt St Helens isn't a social construct

its a volcano
>>
Food
>>
>>56508228
Yes that's what they're trying to do. The jews, or leftists or whatever. And judging by OP it's working. But it's just not true.

We as citizens of the west proud of our heritage and culture have to say that yes, these are cultural concepts and we're proud of them. This is how we live and this is what we stand for. There is no point in trying to try to argue against the fact that these are cultural expressions. The legal definition of rape is a social construct, but that doesn't make it less illegal and any less deserving of severe punishment. It might be considered OK to rape in some cultures, but that's not what we stand for. All cultures are not equally good.
>>
>>56507818
Truth will never be a social construct.
>>
Sex isnt a social construct. Sex is the genitals you have. Gender is a social construct
>>
>>56507818
The problem with this relativistic point of view is not that it's wrong.
The problem is that it's nihilism in disguise - demoralizing and making people apathetic.
Point is - even if something, or everything, is only subjective truth, it's still does not an excuse for ignoring it's effects purely on philosophical reasons.
Sex, nationality, money, love, marriage and seeing truth as absolute, are all very helpful concept for maintaining a productive, wealthy, strong society. Changing those concepts because they are not necessarily true - makes a divided, apathetic society.
>>
>>56509044
WHICH IS EXACTLY WHAT THE JEWS WANT GAS THE KIKES
>>
>>56507818

Urge to survive, and copulate, to keep your species alive.
>>
>>56507818
>Sex
Sex isn't a social construct. Sex is a biological expression of genetic information. Not even tumblrites (other than the ones so stupid they don't even understand their own terminology) think otherwise.

The claim is that genders are a social construct. And that is kind-of-sort-of true. There's absolutely nothing in the human genetic code that has anything to do with skirts. The human genome has zero things to say about skirts. The association between skirts and feminity was one we ended up building ourselves largely by accident and it just kind of stuck. Penises are not a social construct. Whether or not you should wear a skirt if you have a penis is a social construct.

But on the other hand, there are a lot of things associated with the genders that have a clear root in biology. Two sexes, two genders is not a coincidence. Men as warriors is not a coincidence (it's a more competitive reproductive strategy in warring societies, since it takes less men than women to father the next generation).

>Nationality
What the fuck else would it be? We made nations. We drew those borders. Sometimes with pens and sometimes with swords, but either way we made them the fuck up.

>Money
Well, of course money is. The paper we trade back and forth has no intrinsic value.

>Marriage
Monogamy may or may not be a something we are programmed for, but the rituals and laws surrounding it (marriage) are just things we made up.

----

Social construct is just a fancy way of saying "an idea people made up and taught one another." They aren't automatically bad or good, which is kind of the point. Some are random. Some exist for a reason. Some of those reasons are no longer relevant. Some are harmful. Some are beneficial. Some are just neutral.

They're literally just ideas.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.