[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Are we seeing a shift in mentality towards Islam and immigration?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 5
File: asdf.jpg (10 KB, 300x168) Image search: [Google]
asdf.jpg
10 KB, 300x168
The refugee crisis we are currently in, burst into flames by the ignition of the Syrian civil war in 2011. Now here we are almost 5 years later, and it looks like it is going to be a shit hole for a while longer.

The war caused millions of refugees to flee into neighboring countries and into Europe and North America. The response of western nation to this is partly what made this more of a fuck up than it already is. The promise of a safe haven with welfare and benefits attracted not only Syrians, but migrants from the entire Middle East and Africa. This is why Sweden are taking in more people from Afghanistan than from Syria, but they are still claiming to be Syrian, because we promised them that all the Syrians who came here would be allowed to stay.

Now, Europe and North America always have had problems with immigration, but it really was not anything like it is now. This combination of a destabilized cluster fuck of a region, and retard policies by western countries, have led to literally waves of armies of immigrants. I don't know about all other EU countries, but Sweden have been taking in roughly 2000 people a day, and we are not really that big a country. Obviously you can't keep this up for ever, and even the Swedish left had to succumb to the pressure and put up border controls (which sounds good, until you realize all they do is force refugees to register in Sweden instead of Norway or Finland, we got more people here)
>>
File: reddit.png (66 KB, 970x720) Image search: [Google]
reddit.png
66 KB, 970x720
Anyway, I usually lurk around the web on different forums and sites. Because let's face it, if you only go to /pol/ you will become more autistic than you already are.

However, I know I am not alone in this, but I have noticed a distinct shift in the general mentality among the people on the internet and also in everyday life. Reddit is a place you can find a lot of faggotry in but there are also some good tier stuff there if you know where to look. Recently I have noticed heavily up voted comments like this in almost every thread about refugees or immigration or Islam. This is a quite a change from just a couple of years ago where if you said ''Islam is a barbaric religion that teaches death and rape'' you would get down voted into the 6th circle of hell, but now you can find these to even be top comments. This is just what i found in one comment section today, it is just an example, but there is a lot more than this.

Of course this is not the only place you will see this shift in mentality, it is pretty much everywhere among the common people. But as always, the hardcore leftists, feminists, progressives, multiculturalists, are the ones desperately holding on to the Utopian worldview where we all hold hands across borders and sing.
>>
File: ladda ned.jpg (8 KB, 300x168) Image search: [Google]
ladda ned.jpg
8 KB, 300x168
Even as I talk to people I know that used to be pro immigration or neutral, many of them have completely changed their minds, even though there is still a fear to voice these opinions.

It is as if we are arriving at a point in time where everyone must make a choice in these matters. There is no longer any time left for not caring or sitting on the fence just watching. Shit, I have to admit, this is both a bit scary and exciting at the same time. Both sides know this, and have been pumping a lot of propaganda, especially the left here in Sweden. They notice that more than 1/4 of the population here is voting for our ''racist party'', and the numbers are increasing with each terrorist attack and rape and over flooded migration center.

They know this is happening and is now doing all that they can to make this whole mess look less messy, even if it means not reporting immigrant crimes, and covering up when a ''refugee'' rapes a two year old. Fucks sake.

Are you guys experiencing the same thing? How do you guys think this will play out??
>>
File: 1386874943318.png (94 KB, 396x385) Image search: [Google]
1386874943318.png
94 KB, 396x385
By the way, the rape of a 3 year old in an asylum camp really did happen

http://www.dn.se/nyheter/sverige/man-misstanks-for-barnvaldtakt/

But of course, our major media outlets will not use the word ''refugee'' and will not mention the fact that the government workers tried to cover it up and not contact the police because ''It might incite hatred towards refugees''

Wish I was kidding by the way

>mfw my country claims to be pro-human rights but cover up rapes
>>
That's quite a mouthful, but I guess your're used to it.
>>
>>56506414

Good one, but soon you will be too, my Swiss friend
>>
Majority have never liked foreigners but won't say it publicly cos you get shouted down by a liberal hate mob
>>
>>56506233
Interestingly our media seems to be sifting rapidly on their rhetoric. Immediately following Paris we had quite a lot of anti-Islam sentiment expressed within our mainstream news. In the last couple of days however it has swung back aggressively. So much so that one of our major news services today claimed that only 12 people are suspected of being capable of carrying out a terrorist attack in Australia.

This is the article by the way

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2015-11-23/12-men-capable-of-terrorist-acts-live-australia/6962360

This ignores the fact that Australia currently has ~200 citizens fighting for ISIS as well as the 400+ who have been prevented from leaving the country under suspicion of looking to join ISIS.

I am not sure anyone truly believes that only 12 people in Australia are at risk of carrying out an attack. This is just how our media is attempting to reassure us.

They have now resorted to reporting on the threat of "Right-wing violence" in Australia but literally have no cases to report on except that someone was arrested prior to attending a rally who owned a handful of tasers, and 346gm of Mercury which they claimed was a bomb making ingredient.

Our media is presently in a spin, trying to understate the risk of a terror attack as anti-Islamic sentiment mounts. Unfortunately they are pinned by needing to factually report on events that clearly go against their objectives such as the scale of the arrests in France and Belgium.
>>
Kinda seeing it to. On the comment sections of even the most lefty newspapers, there are more and more voices say enough is enough.

Good meming guys. Keep it up.
>>
public shift is happening in norway too
sometime last night there had been a clandestine campaign all over my (pretty big) town to put up anti-refugee banners,stickers and posters

i was gonna post some pics but they were soon taken down this morning and some local newspaper quickly went out and called it nazi propaganda

people are demanding to know the real costs of the refugees and the govt are desperately trying to hide it
but they simply cant anymore, because the real numbers always leak out lol
>>
Kind of pissed me off when France tried to riot against them and then the mourners called them fascists.
>>
>>56507504

It's also worth noting that soon the laws governing news and current affairs will change and shows like Today Tonight and 60 Minutes will be able to be much harsher, as the safeguards stopping them from spreading alarmist news will be going out the window.
>>
Media outlets quite clearly are attempting to shape public opinion at this situation but I suspect the situation may have gotten out of their control.

Our mainstream media is grabbing anything it can to try and push the claim that Islam is a peaceful religion. Such as through spreading the Waleed Aly speech where he describes ISIS as weak. Waleed has a thinly veiled interest in propagating Islam throughout Australia and his actions indicate he holds a much more fundamental view of the religion than he could outwardly admit. He has frequently adopted apologist stances or refused to acknowledge that terror attacks in the past have been carried out in the name of Islam.

This is a recording of his speech that has been pushed far and wide in our media.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dmKpm_9BtHc

There is a definite push within our media to defuse the growing anger against the religion of Islam within our public.

I think we are in a different stage of the cycle then Sweden is. However it seems as though our media outlets are both assembling a house of cards trying to prop up the public image of Islam as much as possible. Given time it will crash.
>>
It's no use having a majority public opinion on your side - they have to be prepared to publicly say it too.

We are already living in a world where the majority of the public hate immigrants and other religions and would not choose to live next door to a foreign person. However they bottle up their feelings and only vent it to their immediate family and friends or internet messageboards. They would not make a public stand against it. They will just let the shit hit the fan then complain about it in the pub, without ever making any individual effort to prevent it.

Meanwhile the vocal, liberal minority, who take part in protests and demonstrations, and write the articles in the media, will appear bigger than they are. And the politicians will only see media abuse, muslims rioting, and the liberals protesting outside their windows, and will do things to appease them, unaware that 80%+ of the rest of the country are not happy.
>>
File: jerbs.jpg (21 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
jerbs.jpg
21 KB, 480x360
>>56507861
yeah we keep getting these glorified doublethink refugee news too
"look, i was a refugee now i am your mayor"
"i came from syria, look i took one of your groceries jobs lel"
>inb4 dey turk our jerrrbs
>>
>>56508088
I agree.

There is a strong disincentive to show yourself publicly as an opponent of Islamic immigration as you risk people contacting your employer and essentially blackmailing them into firing you.

There is a growing component of society though, particularly young men who are marginalized from the opportunity to find work as it is. To whom the risk of damage to reputation is greatly diminished.

The internet allows people to engage with like minded individuals. It seems like it is inadvertently pacifying public demonstration however. As people glue themselves to their computers rather than making their dissatisfaction known in the street.

I feel strongly for the situation you guys in Europe are dealing with. It is certainly not as extreme here however preventing further Islamification is not going to be easy.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.