[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Best Pope Ever thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 6
File: Pius-X-Meme-Boss.jpg (65 KB, 600x750) Image search: [Google]
Pius-X-Meme-Boss.jpg
65 KB, 600x750
My vote is Pope Pius X:

>anti-modernist (the precursors to humanists and SJWs)
>looks like a fuckin' mob boss
>a saint
>when he died his body was incorrupt (it didn't decompose), a sign of sanctity
>anti-Zionist:

"We cannot give approval to this movement [Zionism]. We cannot prevent the Jews from going to Jerusalem—but we could never sanction it. The soil of Jerusalem, if it was not always sacred, has been sanctified by the life of Jesus Christ. As the head of the Church I cannot tell you anything different. The Jews have not recognized our Lord, therefore we cannot recognize the Jewish people" - Pope St. Pius X

Just remember this quote the next time you see one of these modernist liberal Popes like Francis praying in a synagogue with talmudic jews whose religion is founded on the denial of Jesus Christ.
>>
>>56499291
Why Canada can be so based and so shitty? This time was based by the way.
>>
>>56499291
>Humanism is a philosophical and ethical stance that emphasizes the value and agency of human beings, individually and collectively, and generally prefers critical thinking and evidence (rationalism, empiricism) over unthinking acceptance of dogma or superstition.

whats wrong with this?
>>
>>56499522
>whats wrong with this?
It's not Catholic, first of all (remember the thread topic eh?) it ignores sin, concupiscence, heaven and hell. By ignoring heaven it pushes man towards working for an unattainable utopia.
>>
File: Happy-Pope-Francis_2624643c.jpg (23 KB, 460x287) Image search: [Google]
Happy-Pope-Francis_2624643c.jpg
23 KB, 460x287
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V5GAds0sIKE [Embed]

If you guys have half an hour listen to this sermon of based Pius X

>tfw you will never see a pope who never smiles because he knows the importance of his job to save souls
>tfw all you see is some smiling doofus argentinian commie while Christians are slaughtered, babies are murdered in the womb and people and nations become more degenerate and leave the faith in droves
>>
>>56499291
> 1911 neo-Gallican reform of the Roman Office
> planned to simplify the Mass rites before death
> strengthened the Ultramontanist way of thinking that the Liturgy is subject to the arbitrary whims of whoever is the current Roman Ordinary and thus contributed to the trainwreck that is the 1940-70 liturgical "reforms"
> reversed the ancient and historical ordering of the Initiation sacraments (Baptism -> Confirmation -> Communion) -- he should have lowered the Confirmation age along with the Communion age
With all due respect to His Holiness and his status as a Saint, but I think he dropped the ball in these matters.
>>
File: 1275061793524[1].jpg (65 KB, 658x707) Image search: [Google]
1275061793524[1].jpg
65 KB, 658x707
>Pope X

Geez the church sure is desperate to appeal to the kids
>>
File: crusades_urbanII.jpg (52 KB, 559x650) Image search: [Google]
crusades_urbanII.jpg
52 KB, 559x650
>Remove kebab
>>
>>56501137
I disagree that these changes are related to the total gutting of the mass that is the Novus Ordo, and I think they were natural growth of the liturgical movement before it was highjacked by modernists.

The only quote the modernists like to use of Pius X is the one about communion being the surest way to heaven. What better way to get back at your sworn enemy by cynically a quote from him to push their agenda?
>>
I don't know much about popes but francis is an absolute joke

john paul 2 was the last one that looked like he had integrity.
>>
John XXIII and Paul VI.
Too bad they were too good for the church
>>
>>56501307
Pius X would have an infarction seeing the lengths the modern vatican ii religion defiles the mass to appeal to the kids

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Zoa38zMPNs

Particularly in Germany:
Balloon mass:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=67Lom28KSlg

smart phone mass:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vcFm3m4Kn74
>>
>>56502089
Almost forgot the nude dancers mass:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=55vP1aYkweI

(caution, may be an occasion of sin)
>>
>>56502166
>nude dancers mass
w-what

who thought that was a good idea?
>>
File: 1375854416081.jpg (36 KB, 372x328) Image search: [Google]
1375854416081.jpg
36 KB, 372x328
>>56502089
>wir bitten für alle Armen, die sich kein Smartphone leisten können!!
>>
>>56501990
Say what you will about the current pope, but he's certainly good for PR
>>
>>56501864
>I think they were natural growth of the liturgical movement before it was highjacked by modernists.
The major reason for the 1911 Breviary reform was because priests around the world were complaining that it was too long and have lost the sense that it was supposed to be public, corporate worship of the local Church. The loathsome pun "onus Dei" existed for a reason, you know.
> natural growth
Gueranger & the other saintly fathers of the Liturgical Movement never intended to have the Liturgy modified, but simply to communicate its existing riches to the layman.
> modernists
The notion that the Liturgy, and any liturgical Rite, is at the sole and arbitrary whim of the Roman Pontiff is a manifestation of Ultramontanism, you know. And this Ultramontanism itself is very recent (dating only to the mid-1800s), and thus can be called "modernist" too.
The present Papal quasi-cult of personality is but a natural outgrowth of it, the "Spirit of Vatican I", if you will.

Essential reading list:
Alcuin Reid, "The Organic Development of the Liturgy"
(+)Laszlo Dobszay, "The Bugnini-Liturgy and the Reform of the Reform" as well as "The Restoration and Organic Development of the Roman Rite"
Geoffrey Hull, "The Banished Heart"
Paul Cavendish's two journal articles in Usus Antiquor detailing the genesis of the 1911 reforms is also a must-read.

>The only quote the modernists like to use of Pius X is the one about communion being the surest way to heaven.
True. However, I am not even referring to that. I was talking about the placement of First Communion even earlier than Confirmation, which has some, shall we say, "difficult", implications for the communicant, and a departure from the universal and Apostolic practice, West and East, of the Baptism - Confirmation - Communion sequence. Lower the age for First Communion, yes, but lower down the Confirmation age along with it or don't do the whole age lowering in the first place.
>>
>>56505480
RARE FLAG
A
R
E

F
L
A
G
>>
File: 1442612960287.jpg (84 KB, 628x704) Image search: [Google]
1442612960287.jpg
84 KB, 628x704
>>56502473
holy shit

Translation:
they prayed, that everybody can afford a smartphone...
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.