[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Mormonism General discussion
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4
File: book-of-mormon.jpg (116 KB, 944x993) Image search: [Google]
book-of-mormon.jpg
116 KB, 944x993
Lithuanian anon makes a thread dedicated to discusing Mormonism, mentions that he is aware of most of it's criticism yet want's to head what pol things for he believes that /pol/ is board full of smart people.
1 For behold, it came to pass that I ,Lithuanian anon, have made a thread dedicated to disusing Mormonism.
2 And It came to pass that I am already aware of most of criticism of this religion including Kolob, all the contraversy regarding real lifes of Joseph Smith, Birgham Young and other prophets and over use of 'And It came To Pass', yet I sill wonder what /pol/ has to say.
3 And inasmuch as 4chan may not appear as a good platform for seriaus discussion I do believe that /pol/ is fine board full of smart people and I hope that this will be a fine thread.
4 And in came to pass that on this note ends the original post.
>>
There are 12 church rulers called "apostles" and can excommunicare you for being gay
>>
>>56499206
I've read Book of Mormon.
I'm not a Mormon.
I believe it is to American Christians what Zohar is to Jews.
I'm too afraid to explain that to the Mormons. They might retaliate by baptizing all my ancestors posthumously.
>>
File: im-okay.png (187 KB, 600x339) Image search: [Google]
im-okay.png
187 KB, 600x339
>>56499312
>excommunicare for being gay
As it should be.
>>
>>56499370
Interesting, thank you for sharing your opinion.
>>
>>56499206
I believe it's really funny.

Even funnier then the bible.
Good thing about the few Mormons i have met in my life is that they seem to be very well mannered and generally nice people, not following a path of violence.

Might also just be an excuse to have more then one wife for all i know, but hey i am a History Major with a degree in Mythologies i can tell you more about Rhea, Zeus and/or Hel and Loki then i can about Joseph Smith.
>>
>>56499312
There are two quorums as far as I know,
Quorum of the Twelve and Quorum of the Seventy
>>
>>56499206

Cant touch the Mormon Jesus

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=46PXaJxzuDE
>>
>>56499474
Interesting, thank you for sharing your opinion.

>Might also just be an excuse to have more then one wife for all i know,

As far as I know the practice of polygamy has been canceled in 1890.
>>
>>56499532
Well i believe that in some how would you call it, Mormon Tribes or whatever, it is still very common.

Maybe not in all of Utah but with people who live a bit closer to the original believe.

I know there are Mormons who live like the Amish Christians. Which means more classical more well let's say behind our time.
>>
>>56499598
OOOhhh, okay. Thanks. I have heard about those too. Good point.
>>
File: svKazimieras.jpg (48 KB, 319x519) Image search: [Google]
svKazimieras.jpg
48 KB, 319x519
>>56499206
>Lithuanian
>not being Catholic

Way to betray your ancestors, anon.
>>
>>56499206
Despite their views, i've only ever met nice and polite mormons.
>>
>>56499474
>tips luxedora
>>
>>56499741
Same
>>
>>56499701
I'm just wondering about Mormonism, Have meet with missionaries a couple times, finished the Book and wondering what does /pol/think about it. so far that's all.
>>
Ex mormon here.

The religion itself can not be objectively proved true, just like all religion. To be able to put your faith in it though, you have to ignore so many problems with the church that I can not / could not do it.

The family values and practices of the church lead for a whole true christian life, but I cant lead a life like that. Too boring, too plain -- especially because I cant believe the faith, the rewards for that lifestyle cant apply to me.
>>
I'm interested in reading the Book of Mormon, I've heard a lot of different things about it and I'd like to form my own opinion on it soon.
>>
Mormons, with the exception of "evil polygamy," are probably more moral than most American Christians. Most of them abstain from sex and drugs, and their lives are family oriented under the umbrella of the church.

I for one dig polygamy. Basically the one thing that Muslims got right. Unfortunately, the US government basically forced them at gunpoint to outlaw it and now -- if it happens at all -- is done secretly or by sects of the mainstream Mormon church.

I personally find the bunch amusing in their attempts to proselytize me. I would say they're less insufferable than Jehovah Witnesses. I myself could never join them because I like the liquid jew, but yea, interesting folks. It's really a wonder that they can be THAT religious -- more pious than most Christians -- when their founder was basically a huge scam artist -- I bet he too would be surprised at the present size of his church.
>>
>>56499975
About that family think. To a degree, yes it looks boring and plain, but from what I have seen most Mormons are quite happy this way, plus they constantly go on variaus adventures like hill climbing and travel all arround the world.

As stammering autist, this is really the type of life I would like to have, even daught I can't even force myself to smile when taking a picture. I hate myself.
>>
By the way, right now is not a good time to speak with mormons/exmormons. It's like 3:48 am in Utah right now. You might want to try again at a later time.
>>
>>56500140
Very interesting point of view.

>when their founder was basically a huge scam artist

I have read... quite a lot about it.
>>
>>56500230
Ohhhhh, good point. Thank you.
>>
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.