[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
European Union
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 11
File: flag_yellow_low.jpg (54 KB, 600x401) Image search: [Google]
flag_yellow_low.jpg
54 KB, 600x401
I heard a lot of people are against European Union, and I'm really interested why, can anyone redpill me on this?
>>
File: 1436751841892.gif (990 KB, 200x222) Image search: [Google]
1436751841892.gif
990 KB, 200x222
>>56498008
Don't they want everyone to move freely between countries without passports?

Why they'd want that ...I have no idea...
>>
>>56498345
Yes Shengen is definitely one point of criticism, though it'd be interesting to hear more about the economic side of things
>>
>>56498345
That's how it is in America, can cross borders no checkpoints, just a sign that says Welcome to The Commonwealth of Fuckitall, Colonel Sanders, Governor. That's your future, EU.
>>
EU want kill all national Boarders and national traditions and became one . They force us into the euro - money EU kill our secure White continent
>>
File: euposter_free4all.png (204 KB, 600x858) Image search: [Google]
euposter_free4all.png
204 KB, 600x858
This shit
>>
>>56498008
Also the currency has been criticized by many. Small nations are not capable of devaluing their currencies in order to boost local exports. This is among the reasons why Finland is still in 2008 recession.
>>
>>56498345
>>56498444
>Anglophones in charge of research
Schengen has been active for decades. There are already no borders in the EU.
The current discussion is about re-introducing them.
>>
>>56498517
>shinto torii gates
>sickle and hammer

wait what? this is a parody right?
>>
>>56498008
Have you never heard of Greece?
>>
>>56498629
I did, but I've never adequately researched the topic, any good sources to read up on?
>>
>>56498008
You mean German Empire ?
>>
>>56498688

You dont need to read
I can Tell you what greece is one Word

CLUSTERFUCK
>>
>>56498008
EU is a great concept, but we totally lost the aim what it is that it should be. It's not really like we lost the aim really, they wanted to exploit us. So what is it that they said EU would be before EU was to be? They said we would have a trade union. But now we know it isn't a trade union, it's an exploitation union, where instead of products, we import immigrants. Instead of providing jobs, we should all go to other country and therefore ruin our own countries. Instead of having same currency and same money we don't. Instead of driving economy we ruin it. Instead of protecting EU food we ruin farm industry to make way for global corporations generic experimental food of unknown origin and substance.
>>
>>56498688
Basically a currency union cannot work without surrendering some level of economic autonomy.
>>
>>56498806
I agree, but what about this:

>Instead of protecting EU food we ruin farm industry to make way for global corporations generic experimental food of unknown origin and substance.

from what I know they paid a lot of subsidies to farmers
>>
>>56498806
didn't they subsidize farmers? though I agree with all the other points
>>
>>56498878
>>56498915
accidental double post
>>
>>56498008
Some people, or country leaders are against specific ideas of the european union.

The most discussed topic recently is the Schengen agreement.

All it says is that a resident of the european union may move freely to another european country without having to pass a mandatory passport control.
Anyhow border controls exist except for 3 countries, which are the Benelux countries, if you come from Belgium , Luxembourg or the Netherlands and you cross one of those borders moving towards said countries you will not be controlled.
>>
>>56498608
It was apparently made by an artist during a contest made by a czech NGO; They were displayed in some offices, but Lithuani bitched about it so they got removed. Not an official design anyway

>>56498806
I don't see you bitching when you receive that sweet subvention money
>>
It's turned into a political and corporate union. On the political level, national governments can now pass unpopular laws to the EU, then tell their people how the evil EU forces them to install the laws. On the economic level, corporations can now import low-wage workers, and hence depress wages for everyone, saying that the guys from the next country do it cheaper, if you want to keep your job, you gotta do it cheaper as well. Lost domestic demand is offset by exports, so for short term profit, they're ruining both the importing side (who loses qualified workers and runs a deficit) and the exporting side (who has a falling standard of living and an unsustainable economy).

Time to scrap it and start from scratch, with every step signed off by the populations through direct democracy.
>>
File: ragetrain.jpg (50 KB, 499x450) Image search: [Google]
ragetrain.jpg
50 KB, 499x450
> united states of europe
> mfw politicians and reporter shilling for this shit on national tv
>>
>>56498008
The last straw for me was a few months ago when the EU killed our awesome strict net neutrality laws by overruling it with their "net neutrality" that has explicit loopholes built in for corporations to exploit.
>>
Good idea poorly executed.

They like the idea of A (monetary union, no interior borders, etc.) but they dont want or dont have the ability to do B (fiscal union, strong external borders) which leads to A not working.

IMO the ideal would be starting smaller but more encompassing, V4, Nordic union, Benelux, etc. and eventually combining them unto a true European federation.
>>
>>56498992
>corporations can now import low-wage workers
This has always been the case. You don't even have to be in the union to come here, just look at Turks. I don't know if there are really more foreign workers since the EU started, but probably not since the countries from the communist block got actually richer and there's less reasons for their citizens to go work elsewhere
>>
File: soros.jpg (52 KB, 750x516) Image search: [Google]
soros.jpg
52 KB, 750x516
>>56498008
Because of European People’s Party.

Merkel
Herman Van Rompuy
Martin Schulz
Donald Tusk
José Manuel Barroso

also: SOROS
Fucking marxists that's all.
>>
Because I want to be sovereign in my country, I don't want merkel to believe she is my president and bring shitskin (or make us pay more shit). Hopefully Le Pen is elected and give us our national sovereignty back. I'm glad EU is coming to an end.
>>
>>56499067
>IMO the ideal would be starting smaller but more encompassing, V4, Nordic union, Benelux, etc. and eventually combining them unto a true European federation.

Absolutely agree with that statement.

Also the Language Barrier is still a huge deal, at least where i am from.

Here even with High education you will only score a low end job because you need at least 3 languages. Which are Luxembourgish , German and French.

And don't get me started on wages and life expenses and how different they are from country to country.
>>
>>56499144
>I don't know if there are really more foreign workers since the EU started
Here? You bet there are, mostly poles, hungarians and romanians.
>This has always been the case. You don't even have to be in the union to come here, just look at Turks.
Our Turks are, by and large, a problem stemming from the 60s, where we had a genuine labor shortage, and no one else wanted to come to evil nazistan. Politics then fucked up by not making them leave again once they were no longer needed. But that wasn't a corporate decision, it was a politican one, and a very much necessary one.
> the countries from the communist block got actually richer and there's less reasons for their citizens to go work elsewhere
Richer relative to how poor they were earlier, but still lagging behind. Where the eastern block got a little better, some parts of the western block got a lot worse, and so it's a zero sum game.
>>
>>56498878
The whole idea that we could compete with corporations that have more fields than EU countries are big is retarded, they will sell it at much lower price. They can give farmers money, but what good is that money, they should be making money, not being dependant on growing specific corporation owned types. If they grow anything they won't be able to sell it, since nobody will buy it. Those that make bread, go to other countries or just simply order from other countries to get grain, it's not homemade bread like they sell it, they only baking it at home, but it's made out of wheat from different countries. I could go to farmer now and he will give me 10 kg of potatoes for free, since it's worthless. Some seasons they have more expenses selling it on their own than to throw it away.
>>
>>56499265
>Here? You bet there are, mostly poles, hungarians and romanians.
Portuguese, croatian and recently Africans here.
Countless border jumping Frenchman and Germans as well.

>Richer relative to how poor they were earlier, but still lagging behind. Where the eastern block got a little better, some parts of the western block got a lot worse, and so it's a zero sum game.

How do you calcute it. I know in Germany an appartement rent varies from 300 euros to 900 euros depending on location. Here you get the same starting at 950 euros going up to 1850 euros.
>>
>>56499203
Imagine an united Europe like USA.
We would be the biggest armed power in the world, big enough to kick out ruskies and ameriniggers rightfully out
>>
>>56498008
Because I'm tired of you poorfags pilling over to my country, driving the wages down and putting the strain on an infrastructure neither you nor your parents contributed to. Stay in your own shitholes of countries.
>>
>>56498008
The problem is that the EU is taking away power from the countries making up the EU. The idea behind the EU was to make an internal marked and make it easy to do business within it. This has been done successfully so far. But when the EU wants to have it's own army and overrule local courts people dislike it. And it totally makes sense. Every country should be able to make it's own laws and judge whatever they sees fit. To me that is the problem about the EU.
>>
>>56498008
Europe consists of a large number of nations that have their own culture and language and whatnot. While we haven't always seen eye to eye, we share a very rich history together.

The EU is trying to destroy that by taking away the autonomy of the individual nations and turning us into a 'united states of Europe'
>>
>>56498008
It is perfect. No complaints desu senpai.
>>
File: 1436157260259.jpg (307 KB, 1304x892) Image search: [Google]
1436157260259.jpg
307 KB, 1304x892
>>56499755
>>
>>56498008
shit immigration policy
>>
>>56498878
>they paid a lot of subsidies to farmers
>>56498915
>didn't they subsidize farmers?

it's at least 30% of EU budget.
Paying french and German farmers to NOT plant crops, and destrying the price so Slovaks and Polish non subsidy farmers get fucked.

>>56498992
>It's turned into a political and corporate union
this ^

>>56499372
>the biggest armed power in the world
please excuse my autistic terrone cousin, huffing glue on Monday morning already.
>>
File: 1381781764538.jpg (60 KB, 633x639) Image search: [Google]
1381781764538.jpg
60 KB, 633x639
>>56499924
>please excuse my autistic terrone cousin, huffing glue on Monday morning already.
I actually kekd
>>
>>56498008
>I heard a lot of people are against European Union, and I'm really interested why, can anyone redpill me on this?
>Lithuania
Why am I not surprised it's some baltic retard asking this question?
>>
>>56498806
>EU is a great concept
No it isn't, stop.
>>
>>56499708
We are united states of Europe, only thing missing is a central Ponzi-Jew organization that can screw us directly without needing to send central European bank people to do the dirty job. Now ECB needed to send their people to regulate banks to be able to ruin them on purpose, they done a tremendous job in Greece, it's nice when you are the owner, CEO & EU regulator all at once and have shares in Jew banks of USA, it's worth it for you to declare you need money, then you can send it on your own bank account, also ruin your bank so it makes way for international Jew banks and on top of that you get a bonus repair money, which you can use to invest into other companies of Europe. All this for free.
You know Europe is ruined when you turn on television and they all sing English in __fill in country___ got talent show, they all sing and mimic American bands. There is no nationality, those kids that grow up today and go to talent show, they aren't our people, they are Americans in brains, accordingly they also sell everything to Jews whenever given the chance in any business, since they want to go to USA, they never tried to listen, watch anything non-American, bunch of traitors, on top of that they pray to Israel Jew Jesus.
>>
Unelected bureaucrats with insane amounts of power.

What's not to love?
>>
File: 1447910483173.jpg (72 KB, 908x424) Image search: [Google]
1447910483173.jpg
72 KB, 908x424
>>56498008
>>
>>56499187
>Barroso
M E N T I O N E D

God bless him, keeping us relevant out there
>>
File: hand_washing.jpg (11 KB, 281x300) Image search: [Google]
hand_washing.jpg
11 KB, 281x300
>>56499372
>Imagine an united Europe like USA.
No, thank you.
>>
>>56498008
Everyone against th EU is anti European, you can't close yourself of in the modern world it's not 1600s anymore
>>
>>56502261
You know what? If someone like OP asked me tthe same question 5 yers ago I would agree, but now I'm redpilled. EU was a big mistake, you see EU and you read Fourth Reich.

Think about it: when was the last time where a nation outside of Germany held some sort of power?
>>
>>56498008
>>56498345

Fucking no one benefits from open borders. It is a leftist utopian idea from people who don't know shit about politics or economy.
>>
>>56502261
Everyone proEU is against european nations and are pushing the genocide of europeans. EU in its current form is shit and just serves banks and corporations interests over the people interests.
It's not because some european supragovernance disappears that I feel "closed" or don't feel a brother to any European. I want a Europe where every nation is equal and has equal say, and have the freedom to not enact supranational decisions. EU in its current form is preparing for totalitarian superstate.
>>
File: eu.jpg (40 KB, 720x426) Image search: [Google]
eu.jpg
40 KB, 720x426
>>
>>56498517
>>56498608

fb/NihilEnimEstQuodAdolfus/photos/a.1582433762046142.1073741829.1581004215522430/1658569137765937/?type=3&theater

I fixed it
>>
>>56503489
is this a thing?
>>
[This post has been reviewed and deemed any of the following: hate speech, anti-semitic or xenophobic in nature. Under Provisions of the Tolerant Model Code of Conduct, the Internet access license from the user's household has been revoked. Please visit the nearest Mångkultur & Tolerans Kontor if you wish to appeal for a renewal of your license.]
>>
File: 1448084240750.jpg (3 MB, 4000x8000) Image search: [Google]
1448084240750.jpg
3 MB, 4000x8000
You should not implement a shared currency until you become a political union like the United States, preferably with a shared language so your workers can more easily move among your states.
>>
>>56504838
Problem is the US had to go through a war of independence, the articles of confederation and then a civil war before all was done and settled among the many states. The EU has a long way to go if it even continues to go.
Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.