[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
WHY IS HE ELIGIBLE? I thought you had to be a natural born American
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 10
File: 15097349184_f8f5ec5456_o.jpg (38 KB, 425x283) Image search: [Google]
15097349184_f8f5ec5456_o.jpg
38 KB, 425x283
WHY IS HE ELIGIBLE?

I thought you had to be a natural born American tot be president in the US?

Why is it a big deal for Obama to be born abroad, but Cruz was born in Canada. I know he was just there because his parents happened to be working there at the time, but still. He isn't a natural born American IMO.
>>
File: image.png (87 KB, 259x259) Image search: [Google]
image.png
87 KB, 259x259
>>56489238
Sephardic crypto-jew
>>
>>56489238
McCain was born in Panama and he was in the 2008 election. He was born to an american mom and he had/has dual citizenship.

tl;dr it's okay and he's the best candidate imo
>>
According to conservative legal scholars he would be eligible for president and from that same logic if Obama were born in Kenya he would also be eligible.

Apparently natural born citizen just means one parent with American citizenship.
>>
>>56489238
>Obama to be born abroad
sucks for you that you were dropped on your head as a child

Cruz has been a US citizen since birth, that's all that matters.
http://harvardlawreview.org/2015/03/on-the-meaning-of-natural-born-citizen/
>>
>>56489448

McCain is different. He was born in the Panama Canal Zone which was US soil at the time of his birth.
>>
>>56489479
>Apparently natural born citizen just means one parent with American citizenship.
"American" is not a race.
No, the fucking SIberians are not "American" either.
>>
>>56489587

United States citizenship then does that help calm your autism?
>>
>>56489366
I've heard this before but no source.
>>
He isnt a Natural born citizen but the Constitution is meaningless to Republicans after the second amendment
>>
http://www.constitution.org/vattel/vattel_01.htm

CHAP. XIX.
OF OUR NATIVE COUNTRY, AND SEVERAL THINGS THAT RELATE TO IT.

§ 212. Citizens and natives.

The citizens are the members of the civil society; bound to this society by certain duties, and subject to its authority, they equally participate in its advantages. The natives, or natural-born citizens, are those born in the country, of parents who are citizens. As the society cannot exist and perpetuate itself otherwise than by the children of the citizens, those children naturally follow the condition of their fathers, and succeed to all their rights. The society is supposed to desire this, in consequence of what it owes to its own preservation; and it is presumed, as matter of course, that each citizen, on entering into society, reserves to his children the right of becoming members of it. The country of the fathers is therefore that of the children; and these become true citizens merely by their tacit consent. We shall soon see whether, on their coming to the years of discretion, they may renounce their right, and what they owe to the society in which they were born. I say, that, in order to be of the country, it is necessary that a person be born of a father who is a citizen; for, if he is born there of a foreigner, it will be only the place of his birth, and not his country.
>>
>>56489448

>McCain is eligible regardless of soil due to his father's employment in the military

§ 217. Children born in the armies of the state.

For the same reasons also, children born out of the country, in the armies of the state, or in the house of its minister at a foreign court, are reputed born in the country; for a citizen who is absent with his family, on the service of the state, but still dependent on it, and subject to its jurisdiction, cannot be considered as having quitted its territory.
>>
>>56489540
see>>56489838
>>
>>56489763
The Bill of Rights comes after the Constitution you fucking moron.
>>
>>56489783
>>56489838
>the constitution
>that next
Pick one
>>
>>56489518
>citing the most anti-American institution in the country.
>>
>>56489903

I wasn't incorrect with what I said. McCain was technically born on US Soil
>>
File: 1433881451435.jpg (65 KB, 780x438) Image search: [Google]
1433881451435.jpg
65 KB, 780x438
>>56489238
"Natural born" just refers to the fact that they were born American citizens. Not the geography of their birth. Cruz was born an American citizen and didn't need to be naturalized, therefore he is eligible.

Not that I am going to vote for him. Rubio 2016
>>
>>56489961
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Law_of_Nations

Centuries after his death it was found that United States President George Washington had a number of overdue library books dating back over 221 years. One of them was The Law of Nations.[1][2]

Swiss editor Charles W.F. Dumas sent Benjamin Franklin three original French copies of the book. Franklin presented one copy to the Library Company of Philadelphia. On December 9, 1775, Franklin thanked Dumas:[3][4]

It came to us in good season, when the circumstances of a rising State make it necessary to frequently consult the Law of Nations.
Franklin also said that this book by Vattel, "has been continually in the hands of the members of our Congress now sitting".[5][6]

It provides at least a partial legal basis for modern conscription in the United States.[7] In the Selective Draft Law Cases (1918), upholding the Selective Service Act of 1917, the court stated:
It may not be doubted that the very conception of a just government and its duty to the citizen includes the reciprocal obligation of the citizen to render military service in case of need, and the right to compel it. Vattel, Law of Nations, book III, cc. 1 and 2. To do more than state the proposition is absolutely unnecessary in view of the practical illustration afforded by the almost universal legislation to that effect now in force.
>>
>>56490010
Cruz was born a Cuban citizen, Canadian citizen and American citizen.

No fucking way the Founders wanted that mongrel to be able to become President
>>
File: 1447876342328.png (713 KB, 1035x621) Image search: [Google]
1447876342328.png
713 KB, 1035x621
>>56490105
Probably didn't want a catholic president either.

But times change, it's 2015 anon :)
>>
>>56489238
Because stupid fucking rules. Dual citizenship should be illegal and there should be frequent checks for anyone with that shit. You can't love America if you have another country in your heart.
>>
>>56490301
mfw this is gun grabbers exact argument
>>
His face though. Every single time I see it I just have this insatiable urge to punch it.
>>
File: CcR2hwU.png (76 KB, 595x347) Image search: [Google]
CcR2hwU.png
76 KB, 595x347
>>56489238
>>
File: Ted_Cruz.jpg (58 KB, 600x750) Image search: [Google]
Ted_Cruz.jpg
58 KB, 600x750
>>
File: Capture.jpg (26 KB, 558x302) Image search: [Google]
Capture.jpg
26 KB, 558x302
>>56490917
Say it with me, President Pataki
>>
File: image.jpg (95 KB, 940x645) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
95 KB, 940x645
>>56490980

lanklet are not much better

Rick is at the perfect height, but his family is weird
>>
File: ted-cruz-rand-paul.png (554 KB, 704x570) Image search: [Google]
ted-cruz-rand-paul.png
554 KB, 704x570
>>56490917
>Rand and Red the same height
Either one is overstating their height or the other is wearing lifts.
>>
>>56489238
Born to American parents abroad = American just as much as having one pinky in America and shitting out a litter of spiclets makes them American... Well maybe not. McCain was born in Panama iirc, you think McCain isn't American? You're not American!
>>
File: AX049_423B_9.jpg (94 KB, 1024x682) Image search: [Google]
AX049_423B_9.jpg
94 KB, 1024x682
>>56491119
One is wearing lifts
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.