[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 10
File: Pale-Blue-Dot.png (293 KB, 550x364) Image search: [Google]
Pale-Blue-Dot.png
293 KB, 550x364
Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there-on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam.

The Earth is a very small stage in a vast cosmic arena. Think of the endless cruelties visited by the inhabitants of one corner of this pixel on the scarcely distinguishable inhabitants of some other corner, how frequent their misunderstandings, how eager they are to kill one another, how fervent their hatreds. Think of the rivers of blood spilled by all those generals and emperors so that, in glory and triumph, they could become the momentary masters of a fraction of a dot.

Our posturings, our imagined self-importance, the delusion that we have some privileged position in the Universe, are challenged by this point of pale light. Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves.

The Earth is the only world known so far to harbor life. There is nowhere else, at least in the near future, to which our species could migrate. Visit, yes. Settle, not yet. Like it or not, for the moment the Earth is where we make our stand.
>>
File: 1446152622957.jpg (9 KB, 261x173) Image search: [Google]
1446152622957.jpg
9 KB, 261x173
>>56486531
Wow I guess you buck-toothed rice fuckers got pretty smart after we pulled out of there
>>
File: 1443670000981.gif (237 KB, 276x268) Image search: [Google]
1443670000981.gif
237 KB, 276x268
>>56486531
>inb4 religious/atheist shitposting
>>
>>56486531
Carl Sagan?
>>
Just because the universe is cosmically large, doesn't mean our personal lives are cosmically small.
>>
>>56486531
So what Sagan is saying:

This tiny speck of dust is unique.
Become supreme leader of Earth.
Own unique point in this part of the galaxy.

Makes you pretty fucking important to own Earth.
>>
>>56486531
>Our posturings, our imagined self-importance, the delusion that we have some privileged position in the Universe, are challenged by this point of pale light. Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves

The vastness of the universe doesn't matter. As far as we know we are the only beings sentient enough to actually understand, appreciate, and be aware of the universe. The fucking rocks on Mars don't know a damn thing.
>>
>>56487727
We can't even say for sure how many stars around us have planets. If there would be an advanced civilizarion as ourse on Proxima Centavr we wouldn't even notice that. And there are billions of stars in our galaxy alone. Add billions of galaxies. Who knows may be there are intelligent rocks somewhere.
>>
It's a good thing Sagan lived in a time when he couldn't be an outright fedora tipping sanctimonious faggot like Neil deGrasse Tyson, Bill Nye, etc.
>>
>>56487891
>If there would be an advanced civilizarion as ourse on Proxima Centavr we wouldn't even notice that. And there are billions of stars in our galaxy alone. Add billions of galaxies. Who knows may be there are intelligent rocks somewhere.

Exactly, we don't fucking know. Show me an array of different advanced alien species and I might consider us much more insignificant.
>>
>>56486531
>implying we don't have moon unit alpha and moon unit zappa
>>
File: palebluegoy.png (275 KB, 550x364) Image search: [Google]
palebluegoy.png
275 KB, 550x364
>>56486531

>That's us goyim. Just a pale blue dot.
>Worrying about the future of your race is a petty matter goy, we're just a lonely speck in the universe floating through nothingness. It's all without inherent meaning.
>>
>>56488017
go suck a fucking cactus
>>
>>56486531
dibs febora
>>
>>56487906
>implying Sagan wouldn't have BTFO of any of them
>>
>>56487988
The only fact that we can't affect this cosmic vastness anyhow makes us insignificant already. I'm afraid nobody will even notice we've ever existed since after the 80's chances that we will ever have any significant achievements in space again are aproximately zero. We will just slowly extinct when resources of this planet will be finished sooner or later.
>>
>>56486531

Based gooks
>>
>>56487592
Dude weed lmao
>>
When I read this I get emotional. When I hear Sagan speak it I literally tear up. This poem is the red pill. A heart shaped red pill. Bet you faggots feel different.
>>
>>56487434
Just picture some 65 year old Army vet wearing a Desert Storm hat saying this makes it 10 times funnier.
>>
>>56487727
Mars is a few light minutes away at its furthest point from our orbit. We can see almost 14 billion light years in any direction. The rocks on Mars are just rocks.
>>
>>56487891
About 60% of stars have planets. Using the Doppler eff ext and some kick ass telescopes we can say that. You are an ignorant cunt who imposes your complete lack of understanding in the common knowledge.
>>
>>56486531

Thanks Vietnam. Did you just finish watching Zeitgeist or something? Surely school starts soon.
>>
>>56487906
Sagan personaly mentored Neil Degras Tyson.
>>
>>56489142
Nah. We can find the biggest planets by spectral analize or oscilation of star and it doesn't even works with every star and earth-sized planets barely cam be detected with such methods.
>>
>>56488441
You pointed out my greatest fear. We should probably do something about it. The creator of ID software tried, we should try too.
>>
>>56486531
CARL SAGAN MOTHERFUCKER

THE MOST BASED MAN WHO EVER LIVED
>>
>>56489680
Spectral analogous is measuring the brightness of a star and noticing a slight dip in the brightness when the planet orbits between us and the planet. Now a days we red shift stars. A planet and star orbit a center of gravity. Anything coming towards us emits short wave lengths, anything moving away emits longer lengths. We call this the Doppler effect and it is 30 year old science. Get with the times, mouth breather.
>>
>>56489268
Just because Tyson has become a leddit posterchild does not mean Sagan mentoring him had any influence on this. Tyson is a reddit type of unprofessional. He is not even close to being the type of speaker that Sagan was.
>>
E'arth memes better than everyone else though.
>>
>>56488814

I pictured that little cajuny sounding motherfucker from Generation Kill.

TRIM DEM MOUSTACHES

GROOMING StANDARD!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-oF0XYRhRvA
>>
>>56490139
When Tyson was in college he was invited to Sagans home by Sagan.
>>
If Sagan could see the autists who quote him today, he'd have shut his mouth, rolled up a blunt and never made any shitty VHS programs.
>>
>>56490035
Jeesus Christ. Yes. But it doesn't detect small planets since they don't cause any significant oscillations of a star so we can't detect them with this method. Just look at list of known non solar stars. They are all at least 3 times bigger than the Earth.
>>
>>56490300
Great series. I see the dude who played the throat cancer general in like everything I watch.
>>
I guess you're right

I should be racist against aliens instead

keep ayy lmaos the fuck off our Earth
>>
Earth is a flat plane you fucking shills
>>
>>56490718
Just like your mom's breasts?
>>
>>56490581
People like you are why we have to say "at least". We detect planets, and sometimes we can calculate out the size and orbital distance of a single planet by using every detection method we have. Most likely, the majority of stars have systems of planets, but we don't have the tech and know how to prove absolutely this rational assumption, to idiots like you. So we bring up what we can prove beyond any doubt. Suck my cock faggot. I'd have snapped your jaw by now if we were discussing this in person.
>>
>>56486531

Honestly I saw the flag and the wall of text and thought it was the Turkey pedo stepping up his game.
>>
File: charlie_sheen_poz.jpg (10 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
charlie_sheen_poz.jpg
10 KB, 225x225
>>56487603
Yeah it does

It literally means that every living thing on earth could die right now and it would only matter in the context of how it would make us feel

That is to say, it would only matter for a brief moment as we were all snuffed out, and then the universe would keep on going without us

>tfw even if the niggers and kikes win it doesn't matter
>tfw earth and everything on it will be lost to the cosmos
>tfw the universe will eventually experience heat death and destroy any life that still exists by then
>tfw literally nothing matters at all
>>
>>56490966
"We can detect the biggest planets in stars we directly see". That's nothing. Our progress in space exploration is stuck in 80's. Countries race in GDP's and consumptuon of big macs per capita niwadays. Progress turned into the way of increasings of consumption. We are stuck m8, no need for agression. We spend billions on production of dildos and new iphones but even the US barely finds money for funding of NASA but pays welfare for niggs. The way it all works now is not how it should be.
>>
>>56490871
No, her tits are silicone, like your penis
>>
File: galacticshit.jpg (14 KB, 300x251) Image search: [Google]
galacticshit.jpg
14 KB, 300x251
>>56486531
>>
>>56491412
How did i impregnant her with you then? Are you silicon boy?
>>
>>56486531
If you're being such a relativist little fuck then why don't you let me assfuck you?
After all it doesn't matter much in the grand scheme of the universe, right?
>>
>>56491379
I am sorry, I strawmanned you and I regret it. We don't need to have someone else to do this research for us though. We can do it. We have been doing it. We can keep doing it. Curving glass is simple. USA government got into orbit in the 40s. Private enterprise (based owner of ID) did it over 10 years ago. Brother, push it forward.
>>
>>56491681
He's got a point OP

Thread is now about sodomy
>>
File: uruhkai.gif (1 MB, 267x199) Image search: [Google]
uruhkai.gif
1 MB, 267x199
>>56487434
/thread
>>
>>56492445
Relevant gif :^)
>>
File: 11-9.jpg (36 KB, 480x240) Image search: [Google]
11-9.jpg
36 KB, 480x240
>Tfw no terrorist, leftist,SJW,sand niggers in great mother land.
>tfw gay is hated, fat is shamed like any normal country would do
>>
>>56486531
Oh look, an Asian committing plagiarism. I'll ring my bell and alert the elders.
>>
File: 1445612451245.gif (789 KB, 500x387) Image search: [Google]
1445612451245.gif
789 KB, 500x387
>>56486531
>Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there-on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam.
>The Earth is a very small stage in a vast cosmic arena. Think of the endless cruelties visited by the inhabitants of one corner of this pixel on the scarcely distinguishable inhabitants of some other corner, how frequent their misunderstandings, how eager they are to kill one another, how fervent their hatreds. Think of the rivers of blood spilled by all those generals and emperors so that, in glory and triumph, they could become the momentary masters of a fraction of a dot.
>Our posturings, our imagined self-importance, the delusion that we have some privileged position in the Universe, are challenged by this point of pale light. Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves.
>The Earth is the only world known so far to harbor life. There is nowhere else, at least in the near future, to which our species could migrate. Visit, yes. Settle, not yet. Like it or not, for the moment the Earth is where we make our stand.

Not as powerful as this video with dramatic music

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4PN5JJDh78I
>>
>>56486531
still doesn't change the fact that I have an exam in a couple hours
>>
OP is probably an pro-American cocksucker with brown skin from Sài Gòn

địt mẹ mày nhá quê
>>
>>56494127
dont go to lor 16 on geylang lots of tranny hookers unless you're into that lah
>>
>>56486531
and on that dot are a group of fucking muslims that want to blow it up

But seriously, just because we're very tiny in comparison to the universe doesn't make us any less important. We're the only sentient life in a 15ly radius, possibly even more. That has to have some value.
Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.