[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
If you are an organ donor would you mind someone else wearin
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 9
File: face transplant.jpg (109 KB, 1350x450) Image search: [Google]
face transplant.jpg
109 KB, 1350x450
If you are an organ donor would you mind someone else wearing your face?

https://www.yahoo.com/parenting/father-of-face-transplant-donor-i-see-my-son-in-191738774.html

While I'm happy for the recipient of that man's face that he can lead a more normal life, I can't help but to feel creeped out on behalf of the donor and his family.

Would you be alright with someone else walking around with your face?

If there's an afterlife would you be okay looking down and seeing that? What about your family

>TLDR are you an organ donor or not /pol/ why or why not?
>>
>>56485374
I'm an organ donor because if I'm dead, I don't need any of this meat anymore. I don't care if someone else wears my shitty face; more power to them, I guess.
>>
i'd be dead so I wouldn't care. I don't believe in afterlife but even if I did I don't think i'd care. Not like he's gonna be alive for a measurable amount of time anyway past me. him having my face would do 0 damage to me, and would help him, so as long as he's white, that's fine.
>>
>>56485374
>Reminder that organ donors are quicker to get the plug pulled than non-donors.

I'm not a donor, for religious reasons. My end of life directive also forbids autopsy and embalming. I'm Greek Orthodox btw.
>>
>>56486280
No they aren't you moron. They actually keep you on support longer.
>>
>>56485541
hed be white afterwords no matter what so whts the difference
>>
>>56485374
This doesn't exactly look like some Nick Cage work here. Slenderman there looks more like he gained the late Robert Z'dar's face than the poor guy on the left that died shortly after lifting a heavy bicycle. I'd hardly call it "his face" at that point. Relatives aren't about to scream and run for the nearest ghostbuster should they see this man on the street.
>>
Am I a faceless angel in heaven?
>>
File: untitled.jpg (218 KB, 1803x450) Image search: [Google]
untitled.jpg
218 KB, 1803x450
>>56485374
>>
>>56485374
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
>>
>>56485374
it's just skin brah.

would you accept another mans penis???
>>
>>56485374
Both the before and after look like horror movie slashers.
I don't know how the fuck anyone would donate their face in the first place. It'd have to be a guaranteed closed-casket funeral and your family members would have to hate you enough to let doctors mutiliate your head.
>>
>>56487239
Wow i'm imagining looking into a mirror and seeing a different fucking person. It's bizarre
>>
>>56485374
I'm ugly as fuck to be honest family.

No one wants my face.
>>
>>56487239
underrated
>>
What a weird surgery.

So they cut off his original face and put a new one on? That seems...weird.

Wouldn't it sever his facial nerves? How could he smile and stuff...
>>
>>56486340
>They actually keep you on support longer.
You realize they do that for only as long as it takes to extract your organs as quickly as possible.
When you die, all your accumulated toxins flood into the organs and render them useless.
When the doctors are frantically taking shit out of you, you die of THAT. Not the thing that nearly killed you in the first place and got them to triage you for LIVE ORGAN TRANSPLANT. It is the DOCTORS PERFORMING THE LIVE ORGAN TRANSPLANT THAT KILL YOU.

Checking the organ donor box is implicitly commiting suicide.
>>
>>56487555
they reattach the nerves. the surgery probably took many hours and may have been done by multiple doctors.
>>
File: 1440415538751.png (99 KB, 344x356) Image search: [Google]
1440415538751.png
99 KB, 344x356
I wonder what the face donor looks like right now.
>>
File: 7332264_G[1].jpg (67 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
7332264_G[1].jpg
67 KB, 640x360
>>56485374
I've signed up to donate every part of my body that I can, the only thing that bothers me is that my organs could eventually end up in someone like pic related
>>
>>56487288
>would you accept another mans penis???

yes, please
>>
>>56487288
Sure. Heck after I'm dead another man can have mine.
>>
>>56486340
Long enough to find a recipient and harvest the organs.

If you go into the hospital and survival is 50/50, you better hope you're not a donor because you're dead, guaranteed.
>>
It still sucks being recipient, he'll have to take immune depressants so hi new face wont fall off from his head.
>>
I'm not an organ donor.

Fuck other people.

I hope you faggots die just like that queer on the bicycle.
>>
>>56485374
i am not an organ donor. The UoWisconsin was involved in a law suit where they tried to bill the donor's estate for the extraction procedure, which they are not supposed to do. Rather than admit to a mistake they tried to collect. One of the extraction team (it is not called surgery) was an anesthelogist, who was there to administer a morphine drip to the corpse. He said under oath this was done because the doctors and nurses did not like to see the corpses move around during the extraction. Morphine apparently keeps corpses quiet.
>>
File: 1448253244529.jpg (70 KB, 439x480) Image search: [Google]
1448253244529.jpg
70 KB, 439x480
>>56487584
Is this an actual opinion you have or am I just falling into a trap of thinking about how retarded a person can be thanks to you possibly being a Canadian shitposter?
>>
He looks nothing like the face donor.
>>
>>56487584
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aclS1pGHp8o

Forgot the link.
Anyway, nobody should agree to donate their organs. If the doctors triage you, they will take out your organs and death will be 100% certain.
>>
>>56485374

B I C Y C L E S !
>>
It's just reptilians checking what they can get away with these days
>>
>>56487895
You can choose to be ignorant but that is how it works.
>>
>>56487895
He is shit posting to a point but is also correct. I work as an EMT and we are actually directed by the hospital to try to keep people preserved and not render more care than is "needed" if they are a donor. Non-donors get triaged faster and given a higher priority than donors do. This is sort of a hush-hush thing but is understood by the medical staff here. This isn't to say we immediately let them die or kill them we just dont put as much resources to them.

However, how you die is debatable because all forms of death are a result of a lack of perfusion. So the doctors taking out your organs while you are on support to keep your body from hitting acidosis and a toxicity level that kills the organs could technically be killing you as in your body but so does taking you off the machine, you being brain dead, and a number of things.
>>
File: 1446696082794.jpg (11 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
1446696082794.jpg
11 KB, 225x225
>>56488204
Well then you're confirmed retarded "When the medical team has exhausted all possible lifesaving efforts and the patient is not responding, a physician will perform a series of tests, usually on multiple occasions, to determine if brain death has occurred. This is usually done by a neurosurgeon or neurologist in compliance with accepted medical practice and state law. Patients who are brain dead have no brain activity and cannot breathe on their own. Brain death is not coma. Brain death is death and it is irreversible."

Quit making other Canadians look so stupid.
>>
>>56487288
>implying I don't on a weekly basis
>>
>>56488501
If a guy is going to die in 15 minutes of some trauma other than brain death, the hospital is not going to let his organs go to waste.
How many brain-deaths do you think happen anyway? Those lists have to be shortened somehow.

Was your late dad an organ donor and now you realize he might be burning in hell? There's always a chance God might not be that merciless.
>>
>>56485374
So long as they do not eat pork, I do not mind. If they do not have a way to make sure that you are donating your organs to someone who does not et pork by the time I am dead, I will not donate my organs.Pigs are repulsive, low-life; I do not want my soul to be soiled by having any part of me touching them!
>>
>>56485374
>be ugly
>be organ donor
>someone else has to wear my face and pretend to be grateful
If there's an afterlife i will spend it as a constantly laughing Skeletor
>>
File: 1445987649666.jpg (36 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
1445987649666.jpg
36 KB, 400x300
>>56488687
Please provide a source of how that happens every time in situations that won't resolve in brain death. Because I took that quote right off of protocol so right now it seems like you're just blowing off hot air.

Even
>>56488455
said they need to be brain dead and a number of other things

I doubt as an organ donor, if my internal organs other than my brain are going to be rather useful if those are the ones that are damaged and not my head (which will actually kill me).

It sounds like you're just blowing out hot air, which seems even more evidently true by trying to rationally think your retarded thoughts through by saying my dad is dead and burning in hell when he's alive and will never go to hell anyways.
>>
>>56487701
not just organs... collectors pull everything. I had an army buddy that worked it for a while before he enlisted.

"collagen" in face creams? dead people skin, tendons and joints get pulled, you are cut to pieces in a human slaughterhouse and the bits sold to the highest bidder. Profits to the esteemed hospital and its research projects and training programs.

Blood donation is much the same- the red cross sells the blood to hospitals for hundreds to thousands of dollars a unit. To fund their organization.
>>
>>56485374
It's a fucking fallout ghoul holy shit
>>
Well I wouldn't exactly be using my face, nor caring who uses my face, if I was dead.
>>
>>56488793
Why do you care if they eat porks?
>>
>>56489253

Don't forget that even the foreskins of babies are harvested for skin cream.
Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.