[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Allergies
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 3
File: GLUTEN-FREE-STAMP_18338414_xxl1.jpg (3 MB, 5864x5364) Image search: [Google]
GLUTEN-FREE-STAMP_18338414_xxl1.jpg
3 MB, 5864x5364
Why are there so many allergies today? Gluten, peanut, lactose. Why are people so fucked?
>>
I'm allergic to grass.
I blame it on race-mixing.
I'm 100% for at least 4 generations. Blonde hair, blue eyes.
Race-mixing fucks everything up for everyone, doesn't matter who you are.
>>
>>56485161
Those have been legit allergies for a long time.

People these days just think gluten is bad for them or that they're allergic, when they're not.. So companies have started making gluten free foods to make massive profit from MUH GLUTENS retards
>>
>>56485161
They used to just die before
>>
It's all tied to babies and young children drinking from plastic cups and plastic packaging for liquids.

That's why you never saw this problem in any numbers until the recent generation. The old farts (as children) always drank from glass or metal containers.
>>
>>56485161
shitty diet when they are infants.
You have to get exposed to the right antigens early in life or you wind up with situations like this.
>>
>>56485161
A couple of theories, from greater rates of exposure overall to compromised immune systems due to lack of exposure as children to lack of tape worms.
>>
Maladaptive something something.. Body thinks things are threats which are not. Maybe just happens naturally over time with genetic diversity, larger gene pool, or some kind of genetic mutations. But I have no idea what im talking about.
>>
>>56485247
That doesn't make Any sense. If anything it would be inbreeding of single sets of genes. Organisms strive diversify genes to increase the chance of success of procreation.
>>
>>56485161
Ma has allergies
I have allergies

Genetics
>>
>>56485161
Genetically modified organisms.
>>
>>56485670
Allergies were around long before genetically modified organisms.
>>
>>56485161
Over-active immune systems caused by a lack of exposure to diseases. This is why there are over-protective mothers cleaning and sanitizing everything to shield their children from the common cold, yet those children are always the ones that get allergies.
>>
>>56485774
Probably this
>>
>>56485769
Thank you
>>
I'm allergic to peanuts, tree nuts, soy, all legumes like beans, fish, shellfish, wheat, mold, all animals, dust mites, cockroaches, all grasses and major tree pollens, celery, sunflower seeds and oil, locust bean and carob bean gums, hopps, barley, bananas, kiwi, cantaloupe, honeydew, blueberries, echinacea, sesame.. Idk I always forget some. I have also always had allergy driven asthma and eczema caused by it I am 100% white and my family as far back as I know of has been intelligent and completely healthy. I have had to be on many medications my entire life. No doctor knows why or how I got them. My parents let me play outside as a kid and raised me in a way that rules out the over sterile environment theory. It really sucks, and no one really understands besides my family. People think it's not a big deal, and I have to make all my own food with expensive ass brands that actually do proper labelling. It also sucks to know I could die from a kiss, contaminated dishes etc.
>>
>>56485161
jews
>>
>>56485161
Numbers man.... It's the numbers
>>
>>56485421
Pretty much this, too many c-sections, and lack of prenatal care.
>>
>>56485774
I would stand by that, however I never really cared or was scared about getting sick, infact my parents pushed that it was good for me. I would say mass vaccinations and limited diversity in genes.
>>
my mom developed a gluten allergy when she was already like 52
no idea, probably GMOs fucking her intestines or somthing since wheat is one the the more difficult things to process.
>>
>>56485879
>peanuts, tree nuts, soy, all legumes like beans, fish, shellfish, wheat, mold, all animals, dust mites, cockroaches, all grasses and major tree pollens, celery, sunflower seeds and oil, locust bean and carob bean gums, hopps, barley, bananas, kiwi, cantaloupe, honeydew, blueberries, echinacea, sesame.. Idk I always forget some.

How do you keep living?
>>
>>56485260
This. Gluten is a meme
>>
>>56485161
I worked in the restaurant industry for more than a decade, ending during the rise of the gluten-free movement.

I can tell you, every few years there is a new fad diet, and people hear about it from their one friend who saw an article on the internet and now they are super serious about their health, to the point that they're sure they have an allergy.

It didn't surprise me when, all of a sudden, people started showing up left and right with gluten allergies. It never surprised me when the majority of people with horrible gluten allergies didn't even know which types of food generally have gluten in them, had to have it explained to them, and when they couldn't get anything they want, they still frequently ordered things with gluten in it.

I worked in a bakery/restaurant when the Atkins diet low-carb fad was big. On multiple occasions, people told me that they had an allergy to carbohydrates that we need to accommodate. To carbohydrates. One of the three basic macronutrients, into which our body converts all food that is going to be used for calories.
We made a killing by selling "lower carb" bread. We couldn't sell "low carb" bread, because there are actually legal standards in the US's food industry for how much of something can be in your product while labeling it "low" or "free". But lower carb bread = the exact same fucking bread, minus a tiny bit of wheat flour, plus a tiny bit of soy flour. Almost the exact same amount of carbs, same amount of calories, tasted slightly shittier. A few people told me about how much weight they lost since switching to our new breads, they eat them all the time now, they feel so much healthier.

People are idiots, essentially.
>>
Sanitation. Search: Hygeine hypothesis
>>
>>56485262
There's no doubt in my mind that this is the correct answer and the rest is correlation/conjecture
>>
>>56485879
That sucks, anon. My younger brother has food allergies, I know people don't get how serious it is or what a pain in the ass it is to make your own food all the time.

I know it's a popular theory, but I also don't think that over cleanliness has much to do with developing allergies. Our house wasn't too clean growing up, we always had dogs. They'd roll around in mud and shit and then come stomping inside. Nobody in my family is a neat freak. We played outside every day.
>>
Helminth therapy on the rise. Look it up. Hope I help someone
>>
>>56486530
Consider the sanitation level of your food
>>
>>56485161
Everyone in my entire family is allergic to pollen, its genetic.
People with weird allergies are either attention seeking or just have weak genes.
>>
>>56486053
I eat rice, dairy, eggs, fruits and vegetables I didn't list and nut free chocolate if I bake. It was difficult after leaving home, but my boyfriend is supportive and I learned how to cook young since I cannot dine out. I'm quite healthy in spite of this and I'll never get fat, but it still sucks.

>>56486530
Thanks anon, sorry about your brother. Mine has no allergies. Yeah we had a dog as well until it died when I was young and played outside a lot. My mom breastfed and cooked us healthy food too, so the allergists always just seem stumped.

>>56486207
I hate this gf thing. It helps me avoid wheat, but mostly it makes people not take real allergies seriously. Like so many kids are deathly allergic to peanuts, but food companies only care about making money. A gmo allergen free peanut exists, but no one will sell it because they think it won't sell.
>>
>>56486611
Thank you! I have gone through two full cycles of allergy shots in my life to no avail. I'll look into this.
>>
Celiac disease is

NOT

An allergy, so keep that in mind when talking about gluten intolerance, it's a genetic disorder, and exposure can't do shit

I have it and it sucks shit, the reason it's going up so much is because doctors are actually diagnosing it now instead of ignoring it
>>
>>56486611
Read a little on it, very interesting stuff. Thanks.

>>56486696
I never really thought about that, but it does make more sense now.
>>
Just a thing that happened to humans over evolution. The trait was good for keeping out diseases as it makes your body think everything is a disease. Also, most of the time it is not life threatening so people could live and cope with it, so no reason for it to go away.
>>
>>56485161
Because all of them were fed baby formula which lacks mum's antibodies and not gradually exposed to a variety of foods after 6months of age. Basically the dual income family of this generation has been raising their kids with bottles not breasts.
>>
Notice how its only whites who have "gluten allergies" or cück shit like "celiacs disease"

>getting cücked by food

top fucking lel
>>
Sterile environments breed allergies.

If you don't want your kids to have allergies, raise them outdoors or on farms. In fact, people who have the strongest immunities are the ones who were raised in the dirtiest places.

Science.
>>
>>56485262
This %100. Without modern medicine natural selection would remove people with such allergies just as it was removing people with appendixs
>>
>>56487758
Most people don't have this stupid shit. And actually, I'm pretty sure the celiac disease bullshit entered our blood from jews. It makes zero sense that a people who relied on dairy and grains for almost all their food would develop a lasting genetic disease that prevented them from eating one of our staples. This had to come from some other people.
>>
File: ignorant.jpg (132 KB, 434x540) Image search: [Google]
ignorant.jpg
132 KB, 434x540
>>56485421
>>56485389
Ya'll mother fuckers do realize that you are BORN with the vast majority of allergies.

>>56485247
...and the more purebred you are the more likely you are to have a deadly allergy, as they compound synergistically when they appear in both parents, being why nearly every royal line has several deadly allergies.

>>56485161
In some cases, such as Gluten and Lactose, they are no more prevalent than they once were (less, in the case of Lactose), it's just they are more apt to be diagnosed. Where before it was just written off to feeling queasy or tired from old age.

Peanut allergies are often deadly though, and anyone with a half-decent pediatrician gets tested for that shit shortly after birth. Whereas, in the past, yeah, you just die, or have a very near death experience, and know not to go near them again.
>>
>>56485879
Are you sure you are meant to be alive? Jesus.

Most allergies come from lack of excerise and fresh air and bad diets. Same with autism.
>>
File: image.jpg (24 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
24 KB, 480x360
>>56485161
Probably from mgo foods and antibiotics. But what would I know.
Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.