[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nuz nDnDlTuI Couldn't
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4
File: 960.jpg (67 KB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
960.jpg
67 KB, 960x540
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NuznDnDlTuI

Couldn't make this show today, I tell ya.

How the hell did we become such pussies? We used to be so progressive and racey as a culture. Then we just gave the fuck up and got offended by everything.
>>
File: blazing-saddles.jpg (106 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
blazing-saddles.jpg
106 KB, 1280x720
Yes, or Mel Brooks. He's a fucking genius, only now kids will just be triggered and moody over it.
>>
>>56476095
Fun fact: a lot of people think that Richard Pryor wrote the script for Brooks, but he was literally just paid as a front by Brooks to "legitimize" the movie and not piss off people for using the n-word. Basically, Pryor was a way for them to say "well... a black guy helped too, so don't get that offended!"
>>
>>56476529
Yeah! If my memory serves me right he was too big of a coke head at this point to do much, could be wrong tho... all in all the movie is a classic!
>>
>>56475889
Since we are posting "All in the Family"

The Coons are coming
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sOnTZipv03M
>>
>>56475889
That was a liberal as fuck show because it always showed Archie losing or having his views challenged and not the other way around. Plus Archie's actor was a real life hardcore liberal. They wanted him to say nigger on the show but it offended his sensibilities too much to actually say it so he used substitutes.
>>
>Then we just gave the fuck up and got offended by everything.

brain by nature filters what it does and does not like, introduce a real world toolset for pruning incoming information, and the narcissism and delusion starts spiraling to literal insane levels as the brain no longer has to deal with conflicting information and can easily receive massive amounts of only the information it finds attractive and supportive.

in other words, the modern world is a cult.
>>
All in the family
England is a fag country!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7dKpHtc9F9M
>>
File: bos451inset.jpg (45 KB, 232x216) Image search: [Google]
bos451inset.jpg
45 KB, 232x216
>>56475889
>We used to be so progressive and racey as a culture. Then we just gave the fuck up and got offended by everything.
Where have I heard that phrase before?
And oh by the way, that story ended with a Mad Max apocalypse and the main character becoming part of Mad Max's History men.
>>
Bob Hope on Democrats

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CVaDR36LF9U
>>
>>56475889
Other quasi-progressive shit TV got away with during the past 60 years that wouldn't fly today:

>All in the Family, The Jeffersons, Good Times, and Maude all existed
>Blaxploitation cinema
>Openly gay stereotype AND a trans cahracter on Soap in the late '70s/early '80s, and the show actually equated gays to being human beings we should accept and love but also really fucked up
>Will and Grace (which would definitely not fly today, even when it was only 10-15 years old)
>Mary Tyler Moore, That Girl, and any other "strong independent woman" type show that still showed the woman in skirts and heels trying to live "in a man's world"
>Episodes of TV shows where male characters struggle with alcoholism, rape, drugs, and racism, and have to deal with the repercussions of their actions AND learn from them as morally complex heroes who nobody demonizes but actually accepts for their faults (looking at a lot of episodes of Happy Days for this one)
>An episode of Bewitched literally exists where the daughter swaps her family's race with a black family's, and the entire episode is about "kids being colorblind" and adults having to show them that differences are meant to be celebrated/we're not all the same/still love your neighbor even though they are not the same as you
>coded gay characters all over TV and movies
>>
>>56476852
Well, Rob Reiner was (and still is) a liberal fag. But they still wrote Archie to be endearing and even with a liberal slant, the show was written intelligently enough to challenge its audience and stir the dialogue. If you watch the clip I posted, then you'd see the show was absolutely not afraid to paint Archie as ignorant but also throw punches at George Jefferson for being close-minded too while still endearing us to both characters.

Now we just get shit like that sitcom where the black family and white family are wife-swapping neighbors trying to hook up their kids and the only "racially charged" jokes are about black men having bigger dicks and nicer hair.
>>
>>56476852

Casting red pills amongst the swine.
>>
Archie and George are my kind of people
>>
>>56477099
To what are you referring? Badge is Fahrenheit 451, but that's not Mad Max dystopia...
>>
>>56477243
>>56477243
>>Openly gay stereotype AND a trans cahracter on Soap in the late '70s/early '80s, and the show actually equated gays to being human beings we should accept and love but also really fucked up

Meant to say, the show paints homosexuals as "people we should accept" but also says that "they're still fucked up though"
>>
>>56477623
451 ends with a nuclear war.
Montag the Protag joins a group of people who "become books", which is very similar to the history men from Mad Max 4.
>>
>>56477965
Does it? Shit, I need to reread that book. I remember the living books bit
>>
>>56475889

one of my favorite shows.

some tidbits, "Archie Bunker" Was a hardcore loony lib in rl, ted kennedy tier lib.

Also Lucielle Ball hated the show, she wanted to get rid of it or something because it was on her station.
>>
>>56475889
best show ever
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.