[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is it safe to be on time square for the new year pol ?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 2
File: Times-Square-5.jpg (198 KB, 900x600) Image search: [Google]
Times-Square-5.jpg
198 KB, 900x600
Is it safe to be on time square for the new year pol ?
>>
no. not at all.
>>
>>56473299

I'm in Manhattan right now, thankfully leaving tomorrow. This place will be a fucking mess if even a small attack happens. Fuck that.
>>
>>56473299
>>56473451
I do agree with you, I tried to convinced myself that I need to live like "before" but shit is getting serious now
>>
Why would you want to be in an over crowded pleb fest freezing to death while two fags make out in front of you.
>>
>trying to go to kike square
>>
New York is for wicked big faggots anyway.
>>
Security will be pretty tight.

I would love to have a look at all the security measures that are going on behind the scenes.

They must have every inch of that spot under microscopic surveilence

I noticed even before 9/11, at the World trade centre and statue of liberty, you have a very hard time finding a garbage can.

There is one super thick one by the statue, that i'm sure was bomb proof even back then.
>>
>>56474765
Cause I'd like to visit it before going back in France. But yes, it is stupid
>>
As someone who lives in NYC, let me give yuo some advice: NO...repeat, NO actual New yorker goes to times Square on new years. This was true even before 9/11. Can you imagine going NOW, where you need to stand in a pen like an animal without being able to piss, waiting over 12 hours to se a "ball" (that you can't even see) "drop." You'll be surrounded by White Trash from bumfuck, Iowa wearing those big goofey fucking glasses, and you won't even be able to get drunk bc you can't bring a hard container. I cannot IMAGINE a more miseerable way to spend new years. The only way you go is if you know someone who happens to have an office in Times Square overlooking the whole disgusting scene, and even then it's dubious. In short DO NOT go. You're only risking your life (potentially), you're risking any remaining self-respect you might have....
>>
>>56478034
Ok I got the message, thank you /pol/ I think I could not have had better answers anywhere else.
I'm not even sarcastic, it was not my idea and desu I didn't like it much. Not being afraid of terrorism but I don't like being surrounded by so many stupid humans
>>
Ugh... I'm actually going to be doing there this year. Not looking forward to it at all but the gf wants to go and I'm a sucker for that azn poon. But yeah, no trash cans, bathrooms or booze. Just standing. In the cold. For HOURS!
>>
>>56473220
I hear people piss on you and on the ground to where they will even shit right where the are at because its too crowded to find a Porto shitter
>>
Well if you like, be the brave one at times square, have something solid that you can swing near at hand, if something happens scream REMOVE KEBAB and beat the living hell out of them as best you can.
>>
>>56479134
Well, glad to be of help to you. Someting kinda fun, esp if you're with a girl, is to take her to "top of the rock (30 Rockefeller center) which has the best view of NYC available to normal people. Unless you're a Jew who owns a penthouse in that 102 story building they put up on park. The east village is kinda fun, depending on your tastes. You should Def. see The Met and the christmas tree they put up there, which is sort of famous and really pretty. Christmas in NYC is....I mean, not quite the same as spending it in a small beautiful French village or visiting the Christmas markets in Germany (which are going on right now I believe), but the market in union square is kinda fun if you are willing to pay for overpriced Cider sold by real German girls they grind in and look at all sorts of tacky, overpriced shit. In short, NYC is very fun for christmas if you are very rich. If not? meh. Better off spending the money in a small village in France in the Alps. Just MHO.
>>
>>56480012
LOL, dude, you are ACTUALLY gonna let her drag you through that? Does she realize she's going to have to either piss in a some sort of jar or just piss on the street? Also, for those who think it's an "authentic NYC experience," ANYONE in NYC with the money to escape goes to the Caribbean for new years. NO ONE likes to be there for that fucking freak show. Don't let your girl drag you around by your dick like that. It's gonna be the worst night of your fucking life mate.
>>
>>56473220
I shit you not, I was in the city today with my gf. We were waiting on the platform at bryant park, and this short white haired, clean shaven brown iranian guy (I figure) sits right next to me with a laptop, playing the video of the times square warning. I stand up and he quickly closes it and looks at me, then looks back to the laptop. She stands up as well, and I notice that he brings it back up, in windows media player. I don't look back and we walk the fuck away, and I hear him shout "WHY?" as I hear the video playing.

Scared the shit out of me, no idea if our lives were in danger right then.

What chills me, is that the video was in fucking windows media player.

The wallpaper on his laptop was just a bunch of pill bottles too. Weird as fuck.
>>
>>56480012
You gotta train your bitch man, it should be easier since shes asian anyway.

Listen to some Patrice O'neal.
>>
>>56483871
Eh. She puts up with me and she's good about doing shit I want to do. Once in a lifetime event.
>>
You have a higher chance of being hit by lightening than of being injured in a terrorist attack.

So, unless it's raining with lightening, I'd say go ahead.
>>
>>56473220

Safe, yes.

Fun, no.
>>
>>56483127
>windows media player
Jesus stay safe anon
>>
I've heard the white supremacist group from reddit will have operatives on the scene, so I would not consider it a safe space, no.
>>
The recent terror scares just make people on high alert, but there is honestly no reason to go to Time Square for New Years. I live in Brooklyn for roughly 5 years and haven't gone once. You can easily go to a bar or even a friends place for a much better time. If you think standing in the cold for hours on end, with no restroom, or even alcohol, then yeah it's a blast.
>>
>>56480776
I see, I'm totally more on the "small french village side". But I told my parents not to go to french Christmas market because of the rate of kebabs we have in south of France (Paris is like Norway relatively to Marseille).
Anyway, thank you for your advices, I'm planning to stay in Montreal for the new year and NY will come after.
/pol and /sci definitely gained my respect with such good answers
>>
File: 1447973794943.jpg (40 KB, 540x498) Image search: [Google]
1447973794943.jpg
40 KB, 540x498
>>56485183
iranians are literally the last people on earth you need to be worried about lol.
>>
>>56473220
You'll be fine. If you don't go on /pol/ or watch kikenews you'll see that life is as normal as it's ever been. One attack across the planet and you cuks think its the great happening.
>>
It's probably not safe to be there at all. Or football games, concerts, theme parks,festivals, or anywhere people gather in large groups. At least not until things settle down a bit.
>>
>>56473220
HELLO DARKNESS MY OLD FRIEND I'VE COME TO TALK TO YOU

AGAIN
>>
>>56474937
Fuck you "no legs" Boston

>>56473220
I live in Rutherford, NJ. I can literally see NYC from my house. I'm bracing for some shit I've been staying away from the city as much as I can but my gf goes to school there and I'm worried she's gonna die during an aloha attack
>>
>>56489874
montreal is a shithole from january till may familia
>>
>>56490096
You're right, but when you see people claiming that IS is right and french deserved it (I heard such things in my french town), you go on /pol, and when you go on /pol, you want to kill them all, which is what that must be done imo.

>>56490241
We, as occidental, modern, developped countries should not have such concerns, but sadly the sandcancer is at our doors

>>56490271
Cannot be worse than my life right now, the only two places that I've seen are my desk and Concordia
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.