[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Genetic deformity in dog breeds
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2
File: cutest genetic deformity.jpg (349 KB, 1600x832) Image search: [Google]
cutest genetic deformity.jpg
349 KB, 1600x832
Pugs.

They are arguably among the cutest and most popular dogs around. People seem to thoroughly love the breed for their short snouts, quirky characters and funny walks.

What many people do not realise is that pugs are actually the product of long-term genetic experimentation (and not of the scientific micro-selection of genes kind). The breeding of dogs for the cosmetic characteristics that their owners find cute or funny is having serious health effects on the dogs themselves. Their short noses make it virtually impossible for them to breathe properly and cause "reverse sneezing" fits that have been proven to cause discomfort in the animals. The deformed heads also cause pressure on the larynx and closed nostrils causing some dogs to even pass out from a lack of oxygen.
Apart from that, the majority of pugs have among many other health issues:
- Hip dysplasia wich is a deformity of the hip bone structure that causes moderate to severe pain to the point of making it impossible to even walk.
- The folds in their faces need regular cleaning to prevent serious infections and skin disease.
- A strong predisposition for necrotizing meningoencephalitis, an inflammation of the central nervous system.

This all begs the question:
Should further breeding of dogs with serious genetic defects that adversely affect the health of the dogs within the core traits of the breed be restricted or banned?
>>
>>56466238
Second to the right looks ready to kill. Would pet / 10.
>>
Poor cute pugs. We should breed them with something else now to save them, or further create a monster.
>>
I never understood what's so cute about these ugly motherfuckers. It's like they always are having an asthma attack and they walk like a retarded kid.

Give me a nice loyal mutt from the pound any day. I've got a collie/ husky/ bunchofothershit and she's great. Looks like a white retriever but more fluffy
>>
>>56466238
I actually forgot, theyre also common victims of eye prolapse where part of the eye bursts out of the socket.

>>56466332
I would pet all of them. In fact, my brother used to have one until they had to put him down at age 5 due to pain and stress caused by the myriad of defects that plague this breed.

>>56466422
That's the problem... if you breed a pug with a healthier breed like many shephards you get something that is half healthy genes and half freakshow genes. Why not just stop breeding them all together and only allow the breeding of dogs that have been proven healthy?
>>
>>56466238
Another bizarre example:

>In addition, many French bulldog stud dogs are incapable of naturally breeding. This is because French Bulldogs have very slim hips, making the male unable to mount the female to reproduce naturally. Typically, breeders must undertake artificial insemination of female dogs

They also tend to die at 30°C+ temps because of their fucked up noses. I mean people bitch about killing whales for food but no one seems to give a shit about these poor ugly motherfuckers suffering their whole lives.
>>
File: 1430057790945.jpg (63 KB, 460x622) Image search: [Google]
1430057790945.jpg
63 KB, 460x622
>>56466238
>>
>>56466238
That's not what begs the question means.
>>
>>56466814
muts are legit a better option to virtually any dog breed. The only "but" being that if you let any unhealthy dog breed the offspring is still likely to have genetic problems.
For example: a pug and a pit bull get a half freakshow half (generally) healthy baby.
A pitbull and a german shephard get strong and healthy offspring since both breeds have very few bad genes in them to begin with.
>>
>>56466238

apparently toy dog breeds can't give natural births either, they need c-sections.
>>
>>56467434
Upon researching it, you seem to be right.
The way I used it is common but wrong. English is not my native language so I guess that's why I didn't know the proper usage of the term.

Any thoughts on the topic?

>>56467328
Yeah, if that does not spell "abhorrent freak of nature and affront to god and goodness" then I don't know what does.
To make matters worse they apparently also need c-sections to give birth 80% of the time.
>>
>>56467036
You may be right, but there's always a way. Pugs will find a way.
>>
>>56466814
>I never understood what's so cute about these ugly motherfucker

Same here

FUCK PUGS

Also fuck Terriers, Schnauzers, Chihuahuas, and Pitbulls.
>>
I understand the appeal of pugs, they're funny, cute animals. But I would never own one, too many genetic issues. If I own one then I'm just enabling shit heads who breed them. We should either be actively trying to breed the genetic issues out of them or we should be banning the breeding of Pugs, there are plenty of other dog species out that they can breed which don't go through their lives in considerable pain.
>>
>>56466238
Dogs today are useless as the people who own them...
>>
Seems that we all agree that pugs should not exist.

Would you vote for a political party that has an item like this in it's program (if ofcourse the rest of the program is also acceptable)?
>>
>>56466238
>They are arguably among the cutest
false. they are ugly as fuck. As for breeding, there are some regulations but I do not believe the government should prohibit anything. Like ivory, you have to stop the demand for it. Fugly mutated dogs are essentially a hilarious experiment of selective breeding which some people love. I personally do not support that type of breeding. Pure bred dog breeding has definitely ruined some breeds (eg. boxers,pugs, german shepards). Mutts tend to be better and healthier. Don't support puppy mills or large pet stores. Adopt from shlters or buy from privately owned bitches where you can pick the pups up from a house
>>
>cutest

They're ugly as fuck
>>
>>56468152
>tfw I have a terrier/chihuahua and hes one of the best dogs I've ever had

sure hes a useless little shit and I do want a larger dog (Blue Heeler in particular) but hes still cool as fuck, always wants to hang out and doesn't bark at everyone like most Chihuahuas.
>>
>>56469456
Pugs fall under the "so ugly they're cute" category a lot.

As someone who loves pugs, I totally agree that we shouldn't further breed poor animals that we fucked up for cosmetics.

That won't stop me from loving them and wearing my pug life shirt around.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.