[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>1950s >stable family unit, father worked and mother took
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3
File: 1444006824868.jpg (37 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1444006824868.jpg
37 KB, 640x480
>1950s
>stable family unit, father worked and mother took care of kids
>low divorce rates
>actually happy society
What the fuck happened?
>>
File: merchant.png (274 KB, 700x600) Image search: [Google]
merchant.png
274 KB, 700x600
>>
>>56465399
3rd wave feminism in the 60s, it was the start of the decline of western civilization.
>>
>>56465399
Immigration and Nationality Act of 1965 and the rise of the 60s student left.
>>
>>56465528
>Dude its all woman's fault let all be faggots
>>
File: otokonoko_aint_raito.jpg (265 KB, 478x750) Image search: [Google]
otokonoko_aint_raito.jpg
265 KB, 478x750
>What /pol/ THINKS the 1950s were like
Leave it to Beaver

>What the 1950s were actually like
Stand By Me
>>
>>56465590
This, the incidences at kent state (1970's), drove a large majority of the left towards communism from what I have read.
>>
50s homelife was degenerate no technology and boring as fuck books and movies were the only fun shit
>>
The West, especially America, was enjoying a post-war boom. Back then, any man could make a good, honest living with generously-paid union jobs. Also, we had very high marginal tax rates back then.

Nowadays, no man can support his family alone unless he's making a very competitive salary in his city. You want to support a family with your factory job now? Too bad. Your job was just sent abroad because Ming-Ming and Paco can work for a fraction of the cost.
>>
>>56467050

Kent state was more the ending of the protest movement rather than the beginning.

Following Kent state, a great number of parents (who had put up with their kids being crazy hippie protesters), but the hammer down and either insisted that they get back to studying or pulled them out of college.

Kent State happened in May of 1970.

Oddly, I think "peak commie" happened around the time of the release of the movie Billy Jack (1971).

When I was young I enjoyed the movie because it had all the kung fu "fight the man" crap, but having seen it recently, I find it to be just a pile of commie pseud-science crap. (very similar to the stuff we hear these days from the SJW types)
>>
>>56465399
The Pill

That's really it afterwards women had no reason to be tied down and as they are the ones that said yes or no to sex were able to influence and coerce a life of drugs and sex being the 60's without repercussion.

What you are seeing today is the feminization of culture
>>
>>56467220
They are still the only fun shit, along with other old fashioned stuff like board games sports and the beach
>>
>>56465399
>>low divorce rates
People couldn't get divorced unless they were getting beaten or cheated on. Those people who married in the 40s and 50s caused the divorce spike of the 80s.
>>
>>56465399
civil rights movement + women burning their bras.
>>
>>56465669
It's not their fault, it's cultural Marxism.

Women have unknowingly made their own lives worse unfortunately, thanks to brainwashing and feminism.
>>
>>56465463
BEAT ME TO IT..
>>
because women don't like being housewives. i sure as fuck don't
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.