[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Girls in California Are Latest to Seek to Become Boy Scouts
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 94
Thread images: 11
https://archive.is/CnzL9 ( http://www.nytimes.com/2015/11/23/us/girls-in-california-are-latest-to-seek-to-become-boy-scouts.html )

>SANTA ROSA, Calif. — Five girls wearing pink and black shoes and makeshift scout uniforms stood before top Boy Scout brass this month and made an announcement: We want in.

>In a year in which gender roles in traditional American institutions have undergone major changes and challenges, a fight in Northern California over joining the Boy Scouts is among the most recent points of contention. These girls — the latest of many over the decades who have sought to become Cub Scouts and Boy Scouts instead of Brownies and Girl Scouts — say they would rather be camping and tying knots than selling cookies.

>And they say shifting attitudes are on their side: Bathrooms are going unisex in deference to transgender people, the Supreme Court has redefined marriage to include same-sex couples, and even the Boy Scouts have softened their stance on gay scouts and scout leaders.
>>
>>56462347
Isn't boy scouts just some retarded fag camp anyways? Who gives a fuck.

Now the leaders will molest girls too.
>>
>>56462347
Why? Do they not have girl scouts?

I was in the girl scouts. It's pretty much the exact same thing, but with less military stuff.
>>
its called the girl scouts you fucking commies
>>
>>56462640
>in before London
>>
>>56462640
LONDON
O
N
D
O
N
>>
>>56462347
But that's what the girl scouts are for
And Venture crew, which doesn't seperate genders
>>
>>56462640
depends where you are.
As far as I can tell, some of the american states just have girl scouts selling cookies or some shit.
>>
>>56462640

gib marmalade i repeurt u
>>
>>56462347
men are not allowed to have spaces for themselves

what's theirs is everyone's

what's not theirs is off limits
>>
>>56462347
Girls have been allowed in Scout groups here for the past 8 or 9 years, if not longer.
>>
Girl Scouts aren't allowed to camp and tie knots?

Huh
>>
Women naturally hate male gatherings because they need to know what's being said and to set parameters for what's acceptable to think.

Keeps coming back to our biology as animals, pretty much all these political issues.
>>
>Girl Scouts don't do outdoor activities

full retard.
>>
>>56463178
soon they will make it illegal for more than two men to gather in private to make sure problematic ideas are not spoken of.
>>
>>56463178
>>56463657
I believe there's already a conspiracy board.
>>
dont girls have GIRL SCOUTS?
i mean they have some pretty neat cookies, whats the point of this?
>>
>>56463877
I can't speak to American girlscout, but it's objectively better.

Boys scouts is pretty much just P.E, while girls scouts has more games.
>>
>>56462347
Then boys can join the Girl Scouts, including trannies, and they get to show their dick and balls in the showers.

Fair is fair.
>>
>>56462347
>We want in.
Why? Girl scouts, as librul as they've become, doesn't allow boys to join. Trannies sure, but not regular boys.

>say they would rather be camping and tying knots than selling cookies.
Oh, so women ruined your organization, and now you want to run the boys org? Fuck off.

When I was a girl scout we went camping often, learned how to do minor auto maintenance like changing oil, tires, and brake pads, and had lots of fun workshops--both traditionally feminine and more gender neutral. I'm still good friends with most of the girls who were in my troop.

Now GS camps are shutting down everywhere, the spic CEO is pushing cookies harder than ever as membership rates drop, and some new progressive bullshit workbook called Journeys takes up over half of every troops time because it's the only way they can earn badges. Publicity stunts fucking everywhere, like "diverse" (80%+ brown) troops camping out on the white house lawn and sitting around a fire with the first chimp michele obama.

If they don't like girl scouts I can't blame them, but they should be going to american heritage girls or giving the CEO of GS a piece of their mind, not invading boys scouts and inevitably making that shitty as well.
>>
>>56463726

you're pretty dumb if you can't make the connection.

There was no advantage for our female ancestors to NOT know what the menfolk were discussing or intending to do.

What we're describing is a general tendency, for women to wish to enter 'male spaces' and ensure they're run in a way which does not offend sensibilities, particularly a woman's saintly reputation.
>>
If they can keep up, they can join up. If they expect a change in what's expected of them because they're girls, they can go bake brownies with the Girl Scouts.
>>
>>56462347
???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
Is there no place in this world a boy can be a boy? Why the fuck are they attacking males?
>>
>>56462640

GLASGOW
L
A
S
G
O
W
>>
File: AAAAAAAAAAAAAAA.jpg (39 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAA.jpg
39 KB, 900x900
>>56465258

>Girls enter boyscouts
>Start giving attention to the alpha boys
>Beta boys are excluded
>boys forced to compete with each other for girl's attention
>Group activities fall apart as girls have no inclination toward teamwork or mechanical skills
>Teamwork falls apart
>Everything has to be inclusive
>Whole thing becomes just a daycare center for kids
>>
>>56462347
Why don't the Girl Scouts just stop selling cookies and start going camping? Why can't they just change their own institution instead of infiltrating someone else's? Women are toxic, and let's be honest the scouts are an institution where boys can learn and be free from the complications that come with women.
>>
can't men have anything without females ruining it???
>>
>>56466313
From what i can tell the murrican girl scouts are a pyramid scheme operated by cookie companies
>>
>>56462347
>And they say shifting attitudes are on their side: Bathrooms are going unisex in deference to transgender people, the Supreme Court has redefined marriage to include same-sex couples, and even the Boy Scouts have softened their stance on gay scouts and scout leaders.
They said the slippery slope wouldn't happen. they we would could just let faggots marry and no other faggotry would ensue
>>
if you are against this you are a moron.

The best thing that could happen to them is girls join, then the scouts could start having hetero sex for once.
>>
>2015
>letting your children join any scouts group
Kek
>>
>>56462347
Is there a real difference between boy scouts and girl scouts in the US?

I was girl scout (still a scout leader) and we did form the early stages (7+ years) on the same stuff as the boys just with unicorns instead of dragons in the stories. We did a bit more baking/cooking as the boys yet I learned how to climb a rope, camp outside, build a makeshift tent on my own, start a fire under any conditions, read a map and navigate or how to set up a trap to catch a rabbit.
From the 13+ years troops on it's 100% the same with 100% the same requirements to pass a test. Mixed camps/days are completely normal.

>inb4 Bern, Basel, Zurich...
>>
>>56468599
see >>56466704
>>
>>56462472
Basically, it's where you send your kids if you want them to be molested.
>>
>>56465246
So are you a tranny or a girl
>>
Do the girl scouts not camp and tie knots? I'm pretty sure they sell cookies for like 2 weeks out of the year, while the boyscouts sell popcorn. Pretty sure the difference is minimal, although Brownies may spend a little more time on 'ladylike' things like child care and homemaking.

The fuck is this shit. I hate the world. Why can't little girls just be girly like their supposed to? Breaks my heart, really. A girl scout hasn't come to my door in years, anyway. Do they even still sell cookies? I'd buy a lot.
>>
>>56469052
Well that really sucks.
I never questioned why I just saw a very low number of american girl scouts in Jamborees . That would explain it.
>>
Remember that girls only things are strong support networks and boys only things are sexist.
>>
>>56469288
The Keebler knockoffs really killed them imo, I never buy the real deal anymore.
>>
>>56469142
I'm a grill obviously. Back in my day trannies weren't allowed in GS, it's a pretty recent thing.

Bonus: GS guidelines for troop leaders recommend hiding the fact that tranny members are boys from other members and parents
>>
File: 1447953962027.gif (2 MB, 226x200) Image search: [Google]
1447953962027.gif
2 MB, 226x200
>>56468599
ZÜRI
Ü
R
I

just kidding
>>
>>56465246
Oh shit that sounds really bad.
>>
>>56468599
> pls be in Genf

Der typische Züricher ist nicht mal weiß...
>>
Sweet nigger christ, every fucking day I am blown away by a new example of this shit. If I was paid to sit down and come up with these harebrained ideas, I could not do as good of a job as these troglodytes.
>>
>>56463178
>>56463726

Reminds me of this
>Prohibition, widely enacted in the early 20th century in the US and northern Europe, is often brought up as an example of female activism and a consequence of suffrage, but long before the introduction of universal suffrage similar restrictionist movements had almost resulted in heavy penalties for, of all things, drinking coffee.

>In late 1675, King Charles II of England banned the sale and consumption of coffee in “a proclamation for the suppression of coffee-houses.” Fortunately, he backed down a couple days before the ban was to take effect. Coffee had, at that point, become very popular amongst the British intelligentsia, spawning a number of all-male coffee clubs where men would gather to discuss philosophy and politics. Apparently, Charles wasn’t all that pleased about the activities of the intellectually stimulated men, who were accused of spreading dissent throughout the realm.

>However, there had already been political pressure from another group to ban coffee, which is perhaps what gave Charles the initial push toward banning the substance.

>It turns out that a group of proto-feminists had approached the king demanding that he shut down the coffee houses a year earlier, as the elixir was held to be causing their husbands to become snotty, “Frenchified” fellows who had lost all interest in sex (with their wives).
>>
>>56469704
hey bro

>>56469938
Naja Genf noch weniger. Das ist klein Russland/MENA
>>
>>56466013
Just like girls in the army.

We need safe spaces for men.
>>
>>56465667
cause all men are sexist and misogynists. Men are also all rapists and criminals so the females have to make sure that men live up to the female standard of what's right and wrong with feelings rather than logic.
>>
>>56462347
Cool, I want in Girl Scouts.
>>
File: 1444461295403.jpg (51 KB, 968x626) Image search: [Google]
1444461295403.jpg
51 KB, 968x626
>>56469938
Und schon wurdest du abserviert.
>>
>>56471255
Come to Switzerland, you're welcome to join my troop. I could use another assistant leader.
>>
File: 1441938570113.jpg (12 KB, 200x225) Image search: [Google]
1441938570113.jpg
12 KB, 200x225
>>56462347
>Rather than just having the girl scouts do more camping and tying knots, they instead want to invade a group of lads enjoying themselves
>implying the girls will do shit if they join the scouts anyway
>>
>>56471860
>I don't know what I am talking about
>>
File: 1436657347922.jpg (117 KB, 435x750) Image search: [Google]
1436657347922.jpg
117 KB, 435x750
>>56471914
Damn right, son.
>>
>>56462640
tits or gtfo
>>
>>56471860
The Girl Scouts buys in that PC line of bullshit thinking too, they started treating them like boys only to see registration rates steadily drop.
>>
>girls have to invade the army
>they only endanger their own crew, usually get pregnant before seeing any action anyway
>girls don't like video games
>have to sabotage them anyway
>they're struggling to find any more male spaces
>...oh wait there's still boy scouts! That's sexist!
>>
My friend was an eagle scout, part of his ranking up or whatever is that you have to be alone for a couple nights in the woods and make your way back to camp. Somehow I'm guessing they won't make the girls do this.
>>
>>56462472
>Now the leaders will molest girls too.

Gay men do not molest girls. That would be iccky
>>
>>56472161
No thats for order of the arrow. it's not required and most people don't bother.
But there are merit badges like Swimming/Hiking/Biking.
I'm a skinny fuck so I couldn't do the swimming portion. it requires a few minutes of treading water a few minutes of floating.
the alternatives are hiking (like 100 miles or some shit in a few goes) or biking (25 miles or something in one go)
>>
>>56471860
But that's the american way.
No honestly girl scouts in the US are a total fuck up from what I read in this thread.

I would also want to join the boy scouts if I would live in the US rather than sell cookies and talk about my feelings in the next "hurr le boys keepin us independent stron wymynz back, omg my fingernail broke off, THE HORROR!!!!" hugbox. Fuck this shit.
>>
>>56462472
If you want an easy time getting into college and get eagle you're set.
>>
File: 1446792248664.jpg (88 KB, 500x316) Image search: [Google]
1446792248664.jpg
88 KB, 500x316
>>56462640
I should explain, I was in the boy scouts myself.

Boy Scouts
>Entirely focused on developing skills and personality
>Try to toughen you up
>Camping, woodcarving, knot tying, butthole fingering, firemaking, fishing, plant identification, the dos and don'ts of survival, how to rescue someone in need of medical attention, usage of bows, throwing spears, and trap making
>Ultimate goal is to make you a self-sufficient man who can take care of others, and is toughened up against emotional and physical trauma

Girl Scouts
>No moral collective, don't try to teach you to be a better, more complete woman
>Exclusive, sometimes girls have to fight over who gets into the scouts
>Girl Scouts are incredibly territorial, violent even to Boy Scouts (I got in trouble in school for KO'ing a Girl Scout who was picking on a smaller girl)
>Arts and crafts
>Knitting
>Baking
>Emotional manipulation (taught especially during cookie selling season)
>Sometimes go camping while Boy Scout volunteers help them set up their firepit, tents, and food
>When they do go camping, they have shit like marshmallows, chocolate, hotdogs, and other luxury foods, while Boy Scouts usually eat game meat and wild plants.

I wouldn't want to join the Girl Scouts either. Fuck that organization, and everything they stand for, other than their cookies, because by golly do they make good cookies.
>>
I bet their mothers look like manatees
>>
>>56472995
They always do. It's not normal mothers who push their agenda on to their children.
>>
>>56462347
>don't petition to have your scout club change the way they do things
>demand someone else change for you

womynz
>>
Nothing wrong with this. I love tomboys with all my dick. And this means more cute tomboys for my dick to enjoy.
>>
>>56462347
>And they say shifting attitudes are on their side: Bathrooms are going unisex in deference to transgender people, the Supreme Court has redefined marriage to include same-sex couples, and even the Boy Scouts have softened their stance on gay scouts and scout leaders

I mean come on.
>>
Couldn't they just combine Boy Scouts and Girls Scouts?

Just call it Scouts.

Problem solved.
>>
>>56462347
>say they would rather be camping and tying knots than selling cookies.

Then make your own scouting program. Why is this so hard to understand?
>>
>>56473381
Only if you're a scout master and want to go to jail, m8. I understand, though. I got a cute tomboy gf after I punched out a Girl Scout on her behalf. We would still be together, probably if I didn't end up moving to Arizona.
>>
>>56462347
Why not just petition the girl scouts to change how they do shit?
>>
>>56462347
Yup. Boys will be boys is a no no thing to say now. Because today, boys will be whatever they identify as. lol.
>>
>>56473654
Because trannies.
>>
>>56473578
That would be so simple and easy to implement that nobody in charge would consider it desu.

>>56473654
because as it turned out the US girl scouts are a hugbox and safe space zone like BLM with the goal to sell cookies instead o thef actual scout movement where you learn useful skills while doing shit innawoods.
>>
>women don't like how Girl Scouts run things
>women don't bother trying to reform it
>send their girls to Boy Scouts instead

Are women retarded or destructive? If there was anything that Islam has done right was to treat women as 2nd class citizens
>>
>>56472625
>believing this dank meme
Colleges care about if you played dress up.
>>
>>56462472
Yes. This. It's where you put them if you can't afford an actually good after school activity.
>>
>>56472952
>Boy Scouts: Militarized Mormons (but not too militarized, because gunz is scary)
>Girl Scouts: "We sold 250k in cookies this month and so I got a patch for going to Build-a-Bear!"
>>
>>56472625
It's good on job and college applications unless the employer/college is super liberal.
Pretty sure it's why I didn't make it into UC Berkeley or UCLA, I definitely had the grades/SAT score for it.
>>
File: timthumb.jpg (35 KB, 634x422) Image search: [Google]
timthumb.jpg
35 KB, 634x422
>>56473654
Because the head of the org has seen petition after petition, loss of volunteers, loss of members, loss of leadership not only on a local level but even in the headquarters where she works every damn day, and she doesn't give a fuck.

Also, her big thing is "girls in STEM" lol. It's really just her projecting her snowflake syndrome onto everyone else. She's a mexican cunt who started somethinf called the "ban bossy" campaign. Basically, it says don't call girls acting like arrogant cunts "bossy" because it holds them back from leadership positons or some shit.

It's hilarious because you can go to their jewbook page and everytime they make a post about girls coding or whatever there's a bunch of moms bitching about how their troop would rather do crafts or help animals. So there's no audience for what she's pitching outside of snobby feminists in academia, but she won't take a hint.

>>56474578
It cannot be reformed. There's no leverage for dissenters--all they can do is drop out and stop funding a toxic organization. There's actually a large group of mothers and daughters who have created an entirely new alternative to GS for this reason. Pic related, american heritage girl troops. GS is a lost cause until their CEO calls it quits. The sooner they bankrupt themselves the better. Too bad they get gubmint funding.
>>
>>56462347
why don't they join the fucking girls guides?
>>
File: 1412530870415.jpg (60 KB, 800x900) Image search: [Google]
1412530870415.jpg
60 KB, 800x900
Whats the point of this?
they already have the Venture Scouts
>>
>>56462347
apparently outside of America, most scout troops and organizations are coed, and they actually do things
>>
>>56475893
Are you fucking asinine?- Boy Scouts are in partnership with the NRA for fucks sake.
>>
>>56462640
Boy Scouts has become a glorified day-care center. Girl Scouts is for child labor.
>>
>>56474578
>have a world wide movement run like a company by a retard
>anywhere else in the world the movement is run as one for male and females doing the same stuff and sharing the same values. Values that most of /pol/ would sign.

We scouts literally teach kids how to take care of them self in their normal life and innawoods.
Be it cooking, first aid, lower down on a rope, have "the talk" with kids where the parents just suck, hunt small game, take care of your environment, how our political system works, or build a fucking makeshift shelter. Yes we accept everyone and don't care if you're a cracker, nigger, spic, catholic, muslim, hindu, cripple, gay, trans what ever as long as you play within our rules. Be honest, the group decides, don't be a leech you're not a special snowflake, take up responsibility for you and those in your troop./around you.

you should literally wish that all of your ghetto kids would join the scouts.
>ask the organisation that runs the movement in it's true spirit but only for boys to take over and unite both.
>women are retarded

Yep.
>>
You want to camp and tie knots? Great. Good for you. Start a girl scout troop, or wait until you're in high school to join one of the Co ed boy Scout troops (called venture scouting).
>>
>>56462347

I was in Scouts in 2001. Girls in scouts is great. Had my first kiss and grope session .
>>
File: 1441708938032.jpg (3 KB, 125x91) Image search: [Google]
1441708938032.jpg
3 KB, 125x91
>northern california

Of course the half of the state with the fucking bay area is going to be a liberal shithole.
>>
>>56462347
Fuck this gay earth
>>
>>56477295
Down here it's been like that for nearly 45 years. To really put that into context with the decision to rebrand the boy scouts into scouts they also decided it might be okay to allow non-british subjects into the scouts. That's how ridiculously old fashioned gender segregated scouts looks to us.

Just recently they're considering maybe not having them declare allegiance to God, Queen and Country in a desperate attempt to make playing innawoods look appealing and welcoming to new members before the whole organisation just collapses. I remember when I went to one of their little meetings as a kid that shit seemed a bit much so maybe it'll actually work out.
>>
>>56462347
People do realize girl scouts don't just sell cookies, right? They actually do all the same shit boy scouts do, just don't have the same notoriety for it.

>Source: was a boy scout, sisters were both girl scouts for same amount of time. We did all the same shit and then some
>>
>>56462347
The Boy Scouts are already in deep shit now that the Mormons and other conservative groups have stopped donating money since they started allowing faggot scout leaders
Thread replies: 94
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.