[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What was the point of "hipster" subculture?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 4
File: hipster-subkultur.jpg (79 KB, 500x618) Image search: [Google]
hipster-subkultur.jpg
79 KB, 500x618
What was the point of "hipster" subculture?
>>
>>56461912
to be ultra faggots, duh
>>
>>56461912
I think it was liberals emulating actually hippies to make themselves look so much more tolerant and clued in than other people. Showing awareness about social issues and being "down to earth" and all that shit.

It's just pretentious garbage.
>>
>was
>>
>>56461912
anti-establishment counter culture bs, the 50s and early 60s had beatniks, the later 60s and 70s had hippies the 80s and 90s had grunge and we have hipsters
>>
>>56461912
There was no point. That's the point.
>>
>>56461912
I have no idea, but this a first world problem, anyway. I've never met a dude who dress like that here in Brazil, and he would be called "viado" (fag) instead of hipster here.
>>
>>56461912
there always has to be a buffer between normals and extreme hippies
>>
Nihilists using irony as a way of avoiding having to peer into the black abyss that is their lives
>>
Whatever wrongs they did, they revived beards.
>>
>muh post modernism
>muh end of history
>muh "everything has been done before"
>muh nihilistic snark
there, i summed up 2007-2011 for you in under 50 words
>>
File: 1432814057133.gif (1 MB, 360x236) Image search: [Google]
1432814057133.gif
1 MB, 360x236
>>56461912
>was
I wish, man
I wish
>>
people that can't grow up or fit in so they try to stand out as long as they can
>>
>>56461912
i don't know how those hipsters' mind works in europe/north america.
But, down here in BraHUEzil, hipsters are usually right wings, close minded, assholes, usually homos, tattooed monsters... at least i never saw one faggot like this pic here...

(A few are lefties, looking a lot more like hippies than hipsters)
>>
Hipster here. Why must we be constantly discussed? Leave us be, and dress how you want to. Have children and make lots of money, or don't. Sure, we all dress exactly the same. So do you dress the same as your peers. What's the big deal?
>>
>>56462376
>revived beards

no fuck that no they didnt. In all reality they make it insulting to have a beard. I can not and will not acknowledge someone who wears pants that show off a feminine physique and v neck shirts to show off shitty sailor tattoos or shit that tries to make them look hard or manly besides the fact that these ladyboys have probably never sailed on a boat, cut down a tree, or even changed a fucking car tire in their lives. They're single handedly ruining something that keeps me warm in the winter because theyre using it as a fashion statement.

Pic related this is what a beard SHOULD look like
>>
Besides, the guy in the photo happens to be a homosexual. Is that really any of your business? You can stop checking him out whenever you want to.
>>
>>56462449
This. And now we are living in the post hipster SJW era. And it's even worse.
>>
>>56461912
Look at me. Look at-LOOK AT ME DAMN IT. I'm smart look how cool my interests are.
>>
>>56462449
Those end of history fagots always make me chuckle.
>>
>>56461912
nihilism is cool now
>>
It Begann all After the fucking financial crisis 2009 liberal c.ucks were completly mind-fucked and Start interesting in global-warming,fair trade ,veggie good and Yoga. . After this their clothes changed too to 3rd World piece of shit fair trade Hippie look..Thats the w hole point of beeing a hipster
>>
>>56463839

It was simply to be counter culture. Thats literally all it was. As soon as anything they did became popular they would hate it and then do something different. San Francisco was full of them.

>I started doing xyz before it was cool
>>
>>56463106
I hear you, but until a few years ago anyone with a beard was an outcast.

Probably a vegetarian or something like that.
>>
>>56463839
Your English fucking sucks.
>>
>>56462138
Hipsterism died out a few years ago. It's now replaced by normiecore.
>>
>>56464777

Thank you blyat
>>
irony
>>
Will Mainstream Hipster replace Fake Nerd or will something much worse come along?
>>
>>56465651
fake nerd is a hipster thing.

it's all one big mush. Because you'll note all those ultraliberal faggots with the sidecuts and big black rimmed glasses are hipsters.
>>
>>56464265
I agree to a certain point with you. A lot of business and retail jobs had that stigma. Thats because a cleancut looking man has a better look for a salesman. I work in the natural resource side here and I can tell you nearly every man has a beard there even the very top guys, but the reason is because it gets fucking cold up in the mountains and a beard helps keep your face from freezing as well as keeping sharp nasty shit flying and cutting your shit up when using a chainsaw and the like.
>>
>>56462330
paraĆ­ba detected

don't listen to this guy. He probably lives in northeastern Brazil, therefore only sees goats.
those goddamn hipsters are everywhere, for the fuck's sake.
>>
>>56463839
You are close but still fucking off.

Basically after the financial crash of 2008, SJW faggots with useless ethnic and gender studies degrees found they had zero prospects of any sort of bullshit job with their bullshit degrees. Same with hipsters, who couldn't support their ultra niche shops and shit.

They decided to engage is full on terrorism against society, slandering and threatening to declare everyone who didn't give them money as racist and sexist and homophobic if they were not paid off or given jobs in the company. A lot of these fucks were internet trolls (goons) and they learned they could cyberbully normal people and companies to give into their demands for cushy jobs and pay-offs by threatening to ruin their reputations.
>>
File: gavin.jpg (39 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
gavin.jpg
39 KB, 500x375
>>56466798
>implying all hipsters are SJWs
look at Gavin McInnes, guy is hipster garabe incarnated and he's pretty conservative m8
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.