[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Will the US ever abolish capital punishment?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 3
File: 90098-004-185D2397.jpg (62 KB, 550x404) Image search: [Google]
90098-004-185D2397.jpg
62 KB, 550x404
Will the US ever abolish capital punishment?
>>
>>56461788
No.
>>
>>56461788
No. And it shouldn't.

Also why do people on death row have to wait do many years? Can't we just gas them?
>>
Not as long as racist police are delivering capital punishment to brothers in the street execution style baka
>>
>>56461788
i hope not, if anything they need to speed things up
>>
We can only hope it doesn't.
>>
No. Some people just deserve to die. We should reform it to be cost less and be more quickly though.
>>
>>56461788
why should we?
>>
No.

It should just shoot them in the head though.
>>
>>56462414
psychologic torture, that's why.
>>
Tbh we should just shoot murderers and rapists right after their convicted. Murderers and rapists have no place in society and the tax payers shouldnt be burdened to pay for these people to live for 30 years on death row
>>
>>56461788
HAHAHAHAHAHA
A
H
A
H
A
H
>>
>>56463132
What if you get framed, though?
>>
>>56461788
They should at least abolish this pussy way of execution. Whatever happened to just tying the bastard to a pole or something and then shooting him with a real firing squad. Apparently now that's become being tied up into some hannibal lector type bullshit contraption.

Just fucking shoot people damn it. Get rid of this pussy injection shit. Or at least hang them.
>>
>>56464063
What if someone is locked up for life innocently?

That's an issue regarding the justice system as a whole, not capital punishment.
>>
File: 1446807519485.png (122 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
1446807519485.png
122 KB, 400x400
>>56464234
>yfw some states still allow death by firing squad
>>
>>56464388
If you're locked up for life, there is still a chance that new evidence can emerge to prove your innocence. Happens all the time in New Zealand.
>>
How did we manage to end it in the 70's? What Liberal kek gene was going around that even made it that popular?
>>
>>56464709
>70s.
There's your answer right there, lad.
>>
>>56464510
>Happens all the time in New Zealand.
Does it really? In America the basis is innocent until probably guilty, so people are only convicted if we can say without any reasonable doubt they're guilty. One area the USA has not followed this doctrine is when feels get involved on rape cases-- where only the women's word is needed as evidence. Other than that, wrongful murder convictions are extremely rare, and even the handful of times it's happened the person still wasn't completely innocent, they were just for example, part of the gang but not actually the specific individual and hat committed the murder. Although I acknowledge mistakes are possible, I don't think the mere concept of saving a few innocent lives is worth the billions and billions of extra dollars to delay the process so significantly. (Average time on death row I'm the USA is like 16 years).
>>
>>56462689
Actually it's because the convicted always try to appeal their sentence, which takes years.
>>
for fucks sake, I see no problem with instant excecution of people with conclusive irrefutable proof of heinous crimes

Like on-video butcher of someone in public, or for being hillary clinton
>>
>>56464435
Based Utah does it still I know that.
>>
>Cases without the death penalty cost $740,000, while cases where the death penalty is sought cost $1.26 million.
How do you guys manage to spend so much on this?

>>56465020
I also agree with this. Maybe give them a year or so.
>>
>>56462414
Lengthy appeal process pushes it for so long.
>>
>>56464888
Also, top add to that, all of these guys found innocent thru DNA were convicted 20 years ago. We are much better at "proving" guilt in the year of Mr Oliver, 2015
>>
>>56465187
The appeal process is insane and costly
>>
I hope it does some day but people like the current revenge based system we have now so probably not.
>>
>>56466049
Personally, I like the idea of an eye-for-an-eye system where you are executed in the same manner that you murdered someone.
>>
>>56466213
I don't trust our system enough with that kind of power. Also if a person is locked in a cage for life they're already removed from society, any threat they pose is neutralized. They're also basically defenseless, they can attack a guard but a guard usually has backup and a weapon on them.
>>
>>56461788
I'm all for capital punishment but the process takes forever.
>>
Good God I hope not. We should bring back firing squads and hangings. Really execute repeat criminals and send a fucking message to all the niggers and beaners that want to be criminals.
>>
>>56466994
>any threat they pose is neutralized

Except of course the threat they pose to other inmates, to guards, to the public if they ever manage to escape, etc.

Capital punishment as it currently exists in the US is a joke, though. The burden of proof to use it as a punishment should be higher, and in the rare instances when it's used, it should also be swift and not get hung up for decades in appeals.

The federal execution of Timothy McVeigh, for example. That's how capital punishment should work. The guy is obviously guilty and his crime was heinous enough, so just fucking kill him quick and be done with it.
>>
>>56467306
>Murder someone
>innocent until proven guilty
>Okay now you were proven guilty, but we need to make really really sure you are guilty so enjoy the next 25 years of your life
>Oh yeah the family of the guy you killed is funding your stay via taxes
>>
>>56468665
Honestly the death sentence should just be a gulag. At least the system might pay for itself.
>>
>>56461788
Christian.
They like capital punishment.
>>
>>56468935
Or just taken out back and hung

the rope will pay for itself over time making it cheaper than a bullet

>b-b-ut what if they're innocent
then the state can offer an apology and revise it's investigative policies, but it rarely happens
>>
>>56461788
yes, unfortunately. Reason being is that government policy have been passed to make it more an more expensive and useless standards against people whom are condemned to death. This has made it so much more expensive to actually conduct an execution that the Death Penalty has become more cost efficient than death penalty. This is in part of because of private prisons lobbying for these knowing that it will create more profit to be gained by housing inmates. Not solely but its one factor.
>>
>>56462662
Who said you should?
Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.