[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Christian Advert Banned Fearing It Could 'Offend' Other
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 7
The UK’s three leading cinema chains have refused to show an advert by the Church of England that features the Lord’s Prayer, citing fears that it could offend people.

The 60-second advert was due to be shown before Star Wars: the Force Awakens, released on 18 December and which has smashed records for advance ticket sales at UK cinemas.

It was cleared by the Cinema Advertising Authority and the British Board of Film Classification, but the Odeon, Cineworld and Vue chains – which control 80% of screens around the country – have refused to show the advert because they believe it “carries the risk of upsetting, or offending, audiences”.

The church warned that the move could have a “chilling effect on free speech” and said it was at a loss to understand the logic behind the decision.

Arun Arora, director of communications for the Church of England, said: “The prospect of a multigenerational cultural event offered by the release of Star Wars: the Force Awakens on 18 December – a week before Christmas Day – was too good an opportunity to miss and we are bewildered by the decision of the cinemas.

“The Lord’s Prayer is prayed by billions of people across the globe every day and in this country has been part of everyday life for centuries. Prayer permeates every aspect of our culture from pop songs and requiems to daily assemblies and national commemorations. For millions of people in the United Kingdom, prayer is a constant part of their lives whether as part thanksgiving and praise, or as a companion through their darkest hours.

“In one way the decision of the cinemas is just plain silly but the fact that they have insisted upon it makes it rather chilling in terms of limiting free speech. There is still time for the cinemas to change their mind and we would certainly welcome that.”

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2015/nov/22/cinema-chains-ban-advert-featuring-lords-prayer
>>
File: 1447852878880.jpg (55 KB, 512x288) Image search: [Google]
1447852878880.jpg
55 KB, 512x288
UKuck UKuck UKuck UKuck UKuck UKuck UKuck UKuck UKuck UKuck UKuck UKuck UKuck UKuck UKuck UKuck UKuck UKuck UKuck UKuck UKuck UKuck UKuck UKuck UKuck UKuck UKuck UKuck UKuck UKuck UKuck UKuck UKuck UKuck UKuck UKuck UKuck UKuck UKuck UKuck UKuck UKuck UKuck UKuck UKuck UKuck UKuck UKuck UKuck UKuck UKuck UKuck UKuck UKuck UKuck UKuck UKuck UKuck UKuck UKuck UKuck UKuck UKuck UKuck UKuck UKuck UKuck UKuck UKuck UKuck UKuck UKuck UKuck UKuck UKuck UKuck UKuck UKuck UKuck UKuck UKuck UKuck UKuck UKuck UKuck UKuck UKuck UKuck UKuck UKuck UKuck UKuck UKuck UKuck UKuck UKuck UKuck UKuck UKuck UKuck UKuck UKuck UKuck UKuck UKuck UKuck UKuck UKuck UKuck UKuck UKuck UKuck UKuck UKuck UKuck UKuck UKuck UKuck UKuck UKuck UKuck
>>
>>56458678
Thanks atheist and Buddhist. Gotta protect their feelings again.
>>
>>56458678
I don't go to watch a movie to be blasted with religious adverts thank you, keep it in your churches, synagogues, mosques and kek sheds.

/thread
>>
File: 1447032875926.jpg (303 KB, 1224x772) Image search: [Google]
1447032875926.jpg
303 KB, 1224x772
>>56458678
How long are we going to put up with this shit? Why is no one do anything about white christians being persecuted in our own countries?
>>
>>56461625
People still see Christianity as silly and backwards. Yes these people who think so would never in a million years dare to attack Islam or Judaism.

This is coming from an atheist.
>>
>>56458678
And if this was an advert of 2 minutes of Muslim prayer I'm sure you'd be happy with that?

Keep this shit out of the cinema is like being back at school and having to sit through the Lord's Prayer.
>>
We're talking about "Church of England." It would feature race-mixing (which will be the entire movie anyway). Please DON'T see this movie and support them showing race-mixing on a global scale. I have a friend I know from the internet who's even going to make copies of this film and sell them for cost just to keep disney from making any money at the box office. Now, of course I would never suggest any of you cost the hard-working jewish media bosses any money by doing this....
>>
it hasnt been banned, its not going to be shown in cinemas because cinemas can't show political or religious adverts.
>>
>>56461445
Buddhists don't give a shit.
>>
>>56461545
>Doesn't like religious "adverts"
have fun when they build the minerets and having calls to prayer...

Next time maybe you'll support an ideology that will counter Islam........
>>
>>56461728
this. so much bravery is shown when attacking christians, but up against muslims? only submissive fear and silent acceptance
>>
>>56461445
>implying it was the atheists and the buddhists they were afraid of defending

>atheists-literally doing anything they can to avoid death/have nothing to die for, those radical atheists are at it again
>>RADICAL>>>ATHEISTS>>
>inb4 reddit

>radical buddhists, literally LITERALLY a religion of peace, advocating peace, fighting only in defense and even buddhist beliefs preach against self defense

I think we all know who the UK was trying to not offend.
>>56461445
>>56461445
Sorry I used you as a proxy to explain my feelings towards atheists and buddhists and Moslems.
>>
>>56458678
People still go to cinemas?
>>
File: 5760.jpg (466 KB, 1920x1153) Image search: [Google]
5760.jpg
466 KB, 1920x1153
Richard Dawkins says UK cinemas should screen the Lord's Prayer

He told the Guardian: “My immediate response was to tweet that it was a violation of freedom of speech. But I deleted it when respondents convinced me that it was a matter of commercial judgment on the part of the cinemas, not so much a free speech issue. I still strongly object to suppressing the ads on the grounds that they might ‘offend’ people. If anybody is ‘offended’ by something so trivial as a prayer, they deserve to be offended.”

But the church did not win universal backing with the National Secular Society describing it as a “perfectly reasonable decision” by a commercial organisation.
The society’s president Terry Sanderson, said: “The Church of England is arrogant to imagine it has an automatic right to foist its opinions upon a captive audience who have paid good money for a completely different experience.
“The Church does not hesitate to ban things that it deems inappropriate from its own church halls – things like yoga. The cinema chains are simply exercising the same right.”

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2015/nov/22/richard-dawkins-says-uk-cinemas-should-screen-the-lords-prayer
>>
>>56462299
It was a fucking joke, you autismal son.
I doubt there are more than a thousand Buddhist in Britain. Of course it's Muslims. Jesus, are you always this literal?
>>
File: 1448165384225.png (126 KB, 750x709) Image search: [Google]
1448165384225.png
126 KB, 750x709
>>56458678
>>
File: thoughtpolice.jpg (36 KB, 375x500) Image search: [Google]
thoughtpolice.jpg
36 KB, 375x500
>>56462484
>The society’s president Terry Sanderson, said: “The Church of England is arrogant to imagine it has an automatic right to foist its opinions upon a captive audience who have paid good money for a completely different experience.
So i's bad when the Church does it but perfectly okay to have paying customers sit through fifteen minutes of forced and unskippable insurance, banking and car advertisements? Fuck that. Let them all burn.
>>
>>56458678
The church of England is completely keked anyway

http://www.theguardian.com/uk/2008/feb/07/religion.world

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2015/10/18/bishops-urge-pm-to-take-more-migrants_n_8324156.html
>>
>>56461728
>silly and backwards
funny coming from a bunch of communist cultists
>>
>>56462484
>Dawkins is actually starting to seem more based over time
What a strange world we live in.
>>
>>56458678
If these fucks got the add through, then you'd have to watch terrible Muslim adds. Worth it.
>>
Jennifer Lawrence censored from Hunger Games posters in Israel

http://www.ew.com/article/2015/11/20/jennifer-lawrence-censored-hunger-games-posters-israel
>>
File: poster.jpg (143 KB, 612x380) Image search: [Google]
poster.jpg
143 KB, 612x380
>>56463781
Gotta agree with the Moishes on this, the new poster is more artsy and tasteful than some dumb broad in a stupid suit.
>>
>>56458678
>Church of England
>Christian

This is the actual prayer from the advert:

Father-Mother Spirit Being, you are nice. Make the world a better place. Give everyone what they want, and keep on loving us. Stop bad things from happening. Amen.
>>
>>56462484
Dawkins is a ball hair from going full Deus Vult.
>>
>>56465185
This. He already calls himself a "Cultural Christian".
>>
>>56463353
The cult of atheism

Yes because worshipping nothing takes us so much of our daily lives but we gladly prostrate ourselves
>>
I have said it before and I will continue to say it: there is a war on Christianity throughout the kucked countries of the world. Mudslimes and fedoras always get their way by being crybullies
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.