[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>own a sandwich shop >sauteed mushrooms are a topping >no
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 35
File: Sauteed-Mushrooms-2.jpg (1 MB, 3888x2264) Image search: [Google]
Sauteed-Mushrooms-2.jpg
1 MB, 3888x2264
>own a sandwich shop
>sauteed mushrooms are a topping
>no white person gets them
>no black person gets them
>no brown person gets them
>I seldom get asian customers, but they usually get them

I'm white. I love mushrooms. I consider it a white food if anything, but why are so many people apprehensive about them? In particular white women. Every woman I've dated has been tremendously averse to mushroom in anything I cook.

What's up with picky eaters anyways? I see people picking things off their order in food or etc. Why isn't this considered rude in western countries?
>>
>>56443928
People don't like mushrooms? I know like one or two people who don't, but fuck me I love them sauteed with butter and a little s/p.
>>
>>56443928
It's the texture mate
>>
I only like fried mushrooms
>>
>>56443928
Most complaints I hear involve texture. I don't care for mushrooms much, but I love them in soup, grilled, or a nice morel pan fried with fish.
>>
I never liked mushrooms growing up and I didn't even acquire a taste for Saute mushrooms until about 3 years ago. I fucking love saute mushrooms now, so damn delicious, especially paired with chicken or steak.
>>
>>56443928
I would get them if they were well seasoned.
>>
>>56443928
i love mushrooms but they are not really convenient to eat in a sandwich unless they are sliced. they just fall out and get everywhere. sandwiches can only really contain flat food items or things which can be sliced flat.
>>
I thought people normally put mushrooms on their steaks.
>>
File: 78957252.jpg (27 KB, 306x150) Image search: [Google]
78957252.jpg
27 KB, 306x150
>>56443928
Mushrooms are a god tier food. It's good that so many are averse to them since it makes it even easier to identify plebs.

However, you should try using raw mushrooms on a sandwich. That's what Publix does, and their sandwiches are a lot better than your shit, Gordie.
>>
>>56443928
>considered rude
It's all about personal preference man, some people don't like mushrooms
>>
Mushrooms are fucking awesome, but most people cant make them right
>>
White bloke here, I ADORE mushrooms, they're beautiful. It takes hard work to fuck up mushrooms.
>>
>>56443928
Mushrooms are great, but are they really a good choice for a sandwich?
>>
>he likes food that has the consistency of leathery, oily sponges when cooked
>>
I love mushrooms senpai

Sauteed mushrooms and onions on a burger is heavenly
>>
>>56443928
I would be apprehensive to get sauteed mushrooms on a cold cut type sandwich, especially if they looked like they had been sitting there all day.

At home I put mushrooms in everything, they are fucking god tier food and super good for you (depending on the variety)
>>
I don't want to get botulism from some nasty fast food. Who knows what lazy nigger didn't bother refrigerating them.
>>
>>56444101
this. im sure the jews are involved too
>>
>>56443928
>What's up with picky eaters anyways?
They've never been truly hungry. I'll eat anything once and probably the rest of the time there after.
>>
File: mfw shanesha-taylor.jpg (180 KB, 500x426) Image search: [Google]
mfw shanesha-taylor.jpg
180 KB, 500x426
>>56443928
>I see people picking things off their order in food or etc. Why isn't this considered rude in western countries?

It is rude, at least in a real restaurant. In a real restaurant a chef has prepared something for you, and you are there to eat what the expert in the kitchen has made.
With fast food, it's just assembly line garbage, so no one should be insulted if it is modified by the customer.

Sauteed mushrooms are great, btw.
Mushroom burgers that vegetarians eat are fucking awesome, maybe better than meat - they have awesome "chew", you can eat the fuck out of a mushroom burger, shit dripping down my face, it's all good, just don't interrupt the eating motherfucker.
>>
I'd get those on a roast beef/steak sandwich. They wouldn't really be good on anything else.
>>
>>56443928
i love mushrooms and im white
>>
>>56443928
Mushrooms have great taste but weird texture.

>>56444404

I prefer them in a sauce than on their own, desu.
>>
I forgot how much this board turns into /b/ when there's no happening.
>>
Shit taste and shit texture
>>
I fucking love mushrooms, since when did white people not like mushrooms?
>>
>>56443928
they're degenerate
>>
I'm going to buy mushrooms and sautee them because of this post. Thank you, OP.
>>
>>56443928
Sautéed mushrooms are fucking delicious tho

Picky eaters are literally the biggest faggots in the universe
>>
Mushrooms are fantastic. Fried with in butter with garlic and some parsley. Anybody who says otherwise is a fucking gayboy.
>>
>>56444774
It has sort of become what /b/ used to be like, before they became trap/fur/steam/roll/roleplay threads 24/7
>>
>>56443928
sautéed mushrooms are great. most westerners need a large piece of meat on their plate to be happy with a meal tho, so don't be too surprised that they don't order vegetables (even when they've been fried).
>>
>>56444774
/pol/ = /b/ for 20+ year olds
current /b/ is for teenagers
>>
I'm Dominican and I love sautéed mushrooms on my burgers and such.
It's pretty patrician.
>>
File: ss (2015-11-22 at 07.03.34).png (500 KB, 487x712) Image search: [Google]
ss (2015-11-22 at 07.03.34).png
500 KB, 487x712
>>56444634
Source?
>>
Picky eaters are little spoiled bitches who had the option of kicking and screaming at the dinner table until mom fed them the dino nuggets they so desperately craved. They never grew up in an environment with either a) parental discipline and no tolerance for bullshit or b) a lack of options, forcing them to learn to eat whatever they get in order to survive.
>>
>>56444398
this. Shrooms are great but they fall off of burgers and sandwiches too easily
>>
File: 1444519152126.jpg (68 KB, 841x908) Image search: [Google]
1444519152126.jpg
68 KB, 841x908
>>56443928
asian here, we fucking love mushrooms, probably because we're poor though and mushrooms grow everywhere
>>
>>56443928
>no white people get them

dude my grandpa used to saute mushrooms all the time, he used to cook mushrooms, you name it. Loved that shit. I also love mushrooms on pizza and sandwiches depending on what type.
>>
>>56443928
I love sauteed mushrooms, but this thread belongs in >>>/ck/.
>>
>>56443928
Asian here. I fucking love mushrooms. Fuck anyone who doesn't.
>>
I'm white and didn't eat mushrooms for the longest time because the ones I was force-fed as a kid weren't well cooked. They were buffet mushrooms.

You honestly cannot skimp on first impressions when it comes to food.
>>
>>56443928
It's about exposure and parents who don't make their kids eat things, like in the US.

Growing up in Armenia, I ate what I was given, and I never said no. I wasn't picky. To this day, I am the same (though I don't like the heavy-cheese, fatty foods from the US).

Anyway, I love mushrooms. There was a lot of Russian food influence in Armenia, so a lot more use of mushrooms than traditionally. They're great in soups, great with a salad fresh or pickled, great fried.

I find that people that don't like specific foods do not have a very advanced taste palate, and whites (particularly the girls) in the US are spoilt from a young age, not made to eat things they dislike, even more so than boys.

Completely the opposite for Asians, who would go to bed without supper if they don't eat dinner, like how I grew up. I'm sure it's parenting.
>>
Mushrooms are GOAT with any savory food. Ironically, I think bleu cheese and all the rest of that intentionally moldy shit is disgusting.
>>
>>56445234

picky eating is indicative of mental issues because food is a drug and fatty salty shit is much stronger.
>>
If you don't like the texture, you've probably never had them cooked right. They're supposed to be succulent and tender yet firm with just the right amount of give. Sautéed in garlic and butter. God damn son.
>>
>>56443928
Damn I dont know how you can dislike mushrooms. Such a white variety and they are rich like steak
>>
>>56443928
Mushrooms are disgusting, absolutely vile.

I don't understand how someone could like them.
>>
>>56443928
Honestly MapleBro, you have a heavy french influence so that is why you see lots of mushrooms.

Lots of people here in America are kinda turned by them, but if you go to Washington and Oregon,once again you will find a lot of mushrooms being used. Same for New Orleans area.
All those areas have heavy french culinary influences.
It just one more example of European culture.
>>
File: Bc0MU.jpg (628 KB, 2203x2937) Image search: [Google]
Bc0MU.jpg
628 KB, 2203x2937
A properly cooked mushroom is godlike. I would order it OP
>>
>>56445326
I don't know if I feel that strongly about it. I think it just means you haven't been heavily exposed to a lot of foods when you were young.

People who I've met that had a good exposure to a variety of foods tend to like more foods and be more open, and have a better palate. Likewise, those that did not have much exposure are very, very resistant to new foods.

Part of it is genetics, too, I believe.
>>
>>56445541
my little chihuahua is almost that buff.
>retard strength for only being 7 lbs
>>
Does anyone else here not like tomatoes? I don't know what it is, I just can't even keep them down.

I've tried over the years hoping my taste buds would mature, but it hasn't happened.
>>
File: image.jpg (61 KB, 389x534) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
61 KB, 389x534
>>56443928
I like mushrooms
>>
>>56443928
>/ck/ thread
>add races
>/pol/ worthy!
What.
I quite don't like mushrooms in soups because of taste, but they're pretty good fried or in pizzas/zapiekankas.
>>
>>56443928
mushrooms should never be a single topping option. they are god tier support food, always couple them up with other food though

also
>>>/ck/
>>
I love mushrooms, but:

1) It's kind of hard to know what they go with - do you have serving suggestions?

2) Sometimes places charge per topping - and the same price for meat toppings as vegetable toppings including mushrooms.

Like, as a Norfag, ordering Dominos Pizza and adding mushroom as a topping costs $3. Adding double mushrooms costs $6. And this is the same as it costs to add meats. So I obviously add steak rather than mushrooms.
>>
i love mushroom
>>
File: You like Krabby Patties_.jpg (100 KB, 470x338) Image search: [Google]
You like Krabby Patties_.jpg
100 KB, 470x338
>>56443928
Mushrooms are master race.

>pizza
>pasta sauce
>sauteed

List goes on.

EATING MUSHROOMS GIVES YOU A HUGE COCK.
>>
>>56445234
>I ate what I was given, and I never said no. I wasn't picky.

This. I came from a poor family and if we didn't like what was cooked--we starved, so we ate what was prepared for us.

I'm 29 now and I will eat literally anything as long as it isn't spoiled. When I see picky people claiming they don't like "tomatoes, mushrooms, onions, etc etc etc" I just laugh at how spoiled they must have been growing up.

"Aww, babby doesn't want to eat their vegetables? I'll just take you to McDonalds, then."

The only thing I don't like really is overcooked shrimp (due to the texture), but I'll still eat it with no complaints.
>>
>>56443928

I love mushrooms as topping for steaks

mushroom sauce is top tier too.
>>
>>56445479
t. uncultured plebeian
>>
>>56443928
People just decide they don't like mushrooms and then never bother eating them. They don't know what they are missing, I love mushrooms in just about every form, and I've even just eaten them raw
>>
File: NWOandChill.jpg (24 KB, 552x470) Image search: [Google]
NWOandChill.jpg
24 KB, 552x470
>>56443928
I fuckin love mushrooms-fired just with some butter and seasoning, in soup, oven baked-i can eat them everyday.
But in sandwich/burger?Dont know, it might be a good combination but it sounds weird to me and i woudnt order them too
>>
>eating the fungal jew
>>
Mushrooms are great. A portabella could easily be substituted for meat in many cases, of course why not have both.

Also op fish is in the same category here, so many white and black people are afraid of fish.

The only food I don't like is pleb tier shit like that mac and cheese where the cheese is a powder. Fortunately I think my sister is coming around to mushrooms.
>>
File: image.jpg (22 KB, 286x340) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
22 KB, 286x340
I enjoy the taste of cooked mushrooms. However do you guys know where they come from?
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=L5fJeCC3N9g
>>
Mushrooms are fucking radical
>>
>>56443928
My twin brother finds them abhorrent, yet I love them. 100% culture me thinks on this one. They are spooky alien growths out of the ether. I feel like they're repulsive in the same way shrimp/seafood are for most people. I'd say its pretty reasonable survival instinct to not eat craaay as fuck things, logically.
I remember watching my mom eat oatmeal when I was very young, and thinking it looked disgusting, but trying it anyway because mamma bear was eating it. This has been my philosophy on food since then. My twin didn't have this experience, so imo im chalking it up to nurture.
>>
>Eating fungus
>2015
>>
>>56445011
Shitposters don't give sources
>>
Mushrooms are great food, but perhaps not a good choice for sandwiches.

>dude shroom lmao
>>
>>56446152
Yeah, no shit. This isn't news to anyone unless you're 11 years old.
>>
>>56443928
I dont get this either, I like to eat EVERYTHING. I honestly have nothing that I so far would label as food that I dislike. I can get used to every taste, I even grew accustomed to "drop", which a dutch food. It tasted like shit but after a while, it started tasting quite nice.
>>
"You don't have to tell me what happened, but you do have to eat this." as I hand her a bowl of sautéed mushrooms.
>>
>>56446402
Well actually anon, yes shit, because it's what you're eating.
>>
>>56446286
Why didn't he have that experience? Were you separated at birth?
>>
>>56443928

>why isn't this considered rude in western countries?

it is. you're just surrounded by rude people.
>>
>>56444634
>Arizona
>locking your kids in the car
She deserves to have her children taken away. It gets close to 120 here in the summer.
>>
>>56444404
I loled pretty audibly at this.
>>
File: me.jpg (33 KB, 468x303) Image search: [Google]
me.jpg
33 KB, 468x303
>>56446152
LOL
>doesn't know where food comes from
>would probably puke if saw burger getting made
>mfw people would die without pre-packaged lunchables in the real world
>>
>>56443928
Mushrooms are great, i'll even eat them raw they're so delicious.

I think it's probably something that only a small part of the population can really enjoy since even working at walmart and people would buy shit tons of food very few actually bought mushrooms.
>>
>>56444255
in a form of sauce, yea
>>
>>56446450

I'm not unlike yourself, I'll eat anything. There's only two foods I genuinely cannot stand, and that's chocolate and olives. I never liked chocolate growing up, and olives are just weird. If there's olives on pizza or somesuch, or olive oil, I'll eat it but raw olives I don't understand how people eat.
>>
>>56444101
how is this not quoted more - any time I come across someone who doesn't like mushrooms they don't like how slimy/squishy they are. Less often said is that they are grown in shit
>>
>>56446082

yes I've made portabella burgers. they are more delicious than most of the cheap ass chain burgers.
>>
>>56446525
Actually I know how to cook, also, you can't justify eating literal shit. I wonder who's idea it was to do that. Probably the Germans.
>>
>>56446298
Honey:

>eating bee puke
>2015

Shrimp:

>Eating sea bugs
>2015

Sausages:

>eating ground up lips, eyes and assholes
>2015

Milk:

>Drinking a cow's lactation
>2015

Cheese:

>Eating fermented, bacteria laden cow's lactation
>2015

Go eat another hamburger from McDonalds and be sure to remove the cheese and all of the vegetables that offend your delicate palate, King George.
>>
>>56446613

Raw mushrooms are fairly firm and dry. There's more than one way to prepare mushrooms, some of which maintain their firmness.
>>
>>56446477
It isn't shit just because it grows in compost, you retard. Any commercial vegetable is grown in compost, too.
>>
>>56443928
>Why isn't this considered rude in western countries?

Why should somebody eat something that they don't like?
Sorry that you fail to recognize that not everybody else in the world is not an omnivorous pig like you are.
>>
>>56446694
I eat scrapple, I know there is essentially a bunch of garbage that goes into it, but it tastes damn good, especially with some brown mustard.
>>
>>56445216
>You honestly cannot skimp on first impressions when it comes to food.

This for a bit.

Kinda sad for me, my mom can't cook for shit. She boils veggies till they have a slimey texture.
>>
>>56446152
>implying I eat this fucking agaricus
>implying I don't gather my leccinum and king bolete in forest myself
>>
They have a texture that many people dislike.

I enjoy mushroom soup and garlic mushrooms but dislike them when sauteed or on a pizza.
>>
>>56446694
Hey guys, what year is it again?
>>
>>56446759
Vegetables are a product of an organic base that comes from an organic base. Mushrooms mutate from the compost itself. But I guess you do have a point; we do eat some weird stuff, like cheese and milk.
>>
>>56443928
I don't know about having mushrooms on a sandwich but I love the shit out of grilled mushrooms. One of the manliest foods next to olives.
>>
>>56444634
>In a real restaurant a chef has prepared something for you, and you are there to eat what the expert in the kitchen has made

Why?
Because YOU said so?
It's the other way around there missy.
The chef is there to cook what I want--I'm the one paying after all.
If I don't want onions that day, I'll pick them off and fuck you to anybody that doesn't like it.
>>
>>56443928
i love mushrooms, it sounds like you live in some backward culturally enriched shithole.
>>
I love mushrooms.

I'm vegan though, so I actually read about nutrition.
>>
>>56446945
>Vegetables are a product of an organic base that comes from an organic base
>implying this doesn't apply to fungus

All of my wat.
>>
>>56445234

>It's about exposure and parents who don't make their kids eat things, like in the US.

I don't know. Most of my picky eating comes from being forced to eat shit food growing up. My grandparents and parents grew up poor and felt the need to shove the stuff they ate onto their kids for no good reason, even after making it out of the ghetto. No one should have to eat pig ear sandwiches and chitlins when there is other food available.
>>
>>56446714
but to be fair mushrooms are most often cooked rather than eaten raw. I love them either way but hell I work with a guy who will flip the fuck out if he orders a meal and finds mushrooms in it
>>
>>56443928

Good with steak sandwich.
>>
>>56443928

>TBS Olive oil
>TBS butter
>Toss mushrooms in pan cook till water is gone
>Splash on Soy Sauce
>Cook till golden brown
>>
>>56443928
Sure is overcooked to the point of rubber in here, which is largely why I never order them and make them for myself at home.
Every time you completely cook out the snap of a mushroom god aborts a white fetus.
>>
Mushroom eating, white American reporting in!

Favorite pizza is mushroom, onions, fried eggplant, spinach and green peppers.

Most sandwich shops, around my neck of the woods anyways, don't have sauteed mushrooms as a topping. Hell they seldom have uncooked mushrooms as a topping which is fine those dont have flavor to me. But I would love sauteed mushrooms on a sandwich.
>>
>>56447078
Mushrooms come from the compost. The fungus is a product of chemical reactions and organic mutations. Vegetable growth usually is the result of reproduction from seeds.
>>
blackanon here,

Don't care for them. The texture (as has been previously quoted a thousand times) is awful, and they taste like dirt.

However, I don't pick shit off my food at restaurants, I just tell the waitress to hold that item if it comes on the food I want.

I do think it's important that everyone try something at least once (Unless it's candied bugs...or bugs in bug shape. Fucking nope.)
>>
>>56443928

I love mushrooms pham. They absorb flavor likh cray 2bg
>>
>>56443928

Because they paid for their food and are free to eat it however they want.
>>
I don't care about mushrooms enough to order them, but if they're there I wouldn't mind them.
>>
>>56446945
>mushrooms mutate from the compost itself
No they don't. The only difference is they come from spores instead of seeds like plants.
>>
The common storebought shrooms that are grown in a mix of chickenshit seem unappealing.
>careful when cooking eggs! You might get salmonella!
>here, eat these shrooms grown in literal chicken shit. It's totally safe

I don't even
>>
>>56447266
In the form of seeds*
>>56447298
That's only because you're a nigger.
>>
>>56447015
Order without onions
>>
>>56443928
Torontofag detected
>>
>>56447298

Do you get the grape soda or the strawberry soda with your meal?
>>
>>56447358
That didn't take long ;^)
>>
>>56447162

One of my favorite side dishes is sauteed mushrooms, peas, and onions. Incredibly cheap and delicious. I once tried enoki mushrooms in place of standard button mushrooms and it didn't turn out well, however.

>tablespoon olive oil
>pinch of crushed pepper
>brown mushrooms (slices or pieces, whole isn't ideal)
>cook onion until tender
>toss in peas
>salt to taste

Sometimes I'll toss half a clove of garlic.
>>
>>56447407
>A
>Fucking
>Leaf
>>
>>56447266
>Mushrooms come from the compost

No, they are organic, living microorganisms that are introduced to the compost and "fruit" into mushrooms, molds, etc. The only difference is that one is a seed and another is a spore. Also at the molecular level, their cell walls contain chitin which differentiates them from plants.
>>
>>56447423
Watermelon juice, actually.

You have no idea how excited I was when I found out that was a thing.

Also
>Not liking fried chicken and grape juice
There's something wrong with you, mate.
>>
Mycophobia or mycophilia is a cultural thing that's been done to death in the literature.
>>
>>56447437

Do you find the onions over power the rest of it? Also would you add peas or snap peas to the mushrooms?
>>
>>56446495
can't tell if srs, but i was just sharing that very particular moments in ones life can have significant effects on development. Happening to be up in the early a.m., I ate a food that didn't seem appealing in spite, just to conjure acceptance from a parent.
>>
mushrooms are good some people just have shit tastebuds. its genetic
>>
>>56447266
Just stop posting, you ignorant fuck
>>
>>56443928
Sauteed Mushrooms are really only good on grilled chicken or fried steak sandwhiches.

Do you have either?
>>
>>56443928
eating sauteed mushrooms from a fast food store is fucking risky.

If the store cuts corners, they will just refrigerate the mushrooms for a week or two before someone comes in and orders it on their food.

slimey mushrooms = vomiting.
>>
>>56447477
So yes, it's technically an unnatural process. Hey speaking of which, I just realized that going to a mythical world with giant mushrooms would smell like shit. You learn something new everyday.
>>
File: trudeau2.jpg (73 KB, 620x465) Image search: [Google]
trudeau2.jpg
73 KB, 620x465
>>56443928
>DUDE MUSHROOMS LMAO
>>
>>56447306

>look at menu
>see steak with side of onions and mushrooms
>order it, then proceed to pick at it removing the mushrooms
>"here bro throw these away"

If you don't want them, don't order them. Don't waste food, especially something someone else has prepared for you.
>>
>>56447511
niganon knows whats up.
>>
>>56443928

I find them disgusting. Who wants to eat fungus? Nothing to do with race. Mushrooms are food for people so desperate to eat they will eat a spore growing out of shit.
>>
>>56447664
>So yes, it's technically an unnatural process

You are a fucking moron.
>>
>>56447622
Haven't been outside the basement in a while, haven't you little Jimmy?
>>
>>56444251
who puts unsliced whole mushrooms in sandwiches? the stupidity in this post
>>
>>56447566

>>56447566

I'd say about 1 cup mushrooms, half an onion, half cup loose peas should do it, I forgot to mention quantities. I don't find anything overpowers anything.
>>
File: index.jpg (11 KB, 252x200) Image search: [Google]
index.jpg
11 KB, 252x200
>>56447511

Where the hell did i say there was something wrong with grape drink and fried chicken?
>>
>>56447090
>No one should have to eat pig ear sandwiches and chitlins when there is other food available.
Please fly over here and tell that to my family. My uncle still calls me a faggot for not liking all the horrible "traditional food" he and my dad grew up with, 50 years ago in some poor mountain village.
>>
>>56447577
Sorry, yeah, I was actually being serious. I thought you were saying your philosophy as a child was 'see mother eat it, must be okay, try eating it' and if your brother hadn't had the same experience, I thought perhaps he wasn't there. But I may have misunderstood what you were saying.
>>
>>56443928
>I see people picking things off their order in food or etc. Why isn't this considered rude in western countries?
It's easier for me to take it off myself than ask you to make something special and risk having my food spit on.
>>
>>56447707
How's that shit tasting?
>>
>>56443928
im a girl and i fucking love mushrooms. ive noticed that other girls often dont like them. ive also noticed that girls do things for attention and are cunts.
>>
>>56447698
>Who wants to eat fungus?

So you don't drink beer either? Yeast is a fungus.
>>
>>56447698
We're omnivores, we'll eat fucking anything.

The french eat snails.

Canadians drain the sap out of trees and put it on stuff.

Us brits solidify blood and then eat it.

Swedes eat rotten fish.

Certain countries eat insects.

...and you're disgusted over mushrooms?
>>
>>56443928
Fucking love sauteed mushrooms.

Awesome on steak, especially.
>>
>>56447896
Post tits.
>>
>>56447698

Aren't truffles fairly common in the UK? It's one of the most expensive foods going by weight alone, and it's also one of the most delicious things you can eat.

>The record price paid for a single white truffle was set in December 2007, when Macau casino owner Stanley Ho paid $330,000 (£165,000) for a specimen weighing 1.5 kilograms (3.3 lb), discovered by Luciano Savini and his dog Rocco. One of the largest truffles found in decades, it was unearthed near Pisa, Italy, and sold at an auction held simultaneously in Macau, Hong Kong, and Florence.[16] This record was then matched on November 27, 2010 when Ho again paid $330,000 for a pair of white truffles, including one weighing nearly a kilogram.

>b-but it's shit fruit!!!

I know the UK has garbage cuisine, but come on.
>>
>>56443928
For the people that state mushrooms are not ideal for sandwiches.

Look up how to make duexelles.
Duxelles are god tier.
>>
>>56447872
They also grow on trees, dirt, etc.

The compost is just to ensure optimal growth potential; the same applies to industrially grown vegetables. Stop being a shit-sucking moron.
>>
File: 1421046442254.jpg (27 KB, 960x960) Image search: [Google]
1421046442254.jpg
27 KB, 960x960
>>56447896
>>
>>56443928
They're fungus.
The texture is foreign and strange.
The taste is musty like body odor or mold.
>>
If you are going to lower yourself and your family to eat a nightshade may it be a fucking potato.

No amount of seasoning, basting, roasting will ever make mushrooms an edible fucking thing. Niggers in this thread i swear to god..
>>
File: BRINGS US TOGETHER.png (134 KB, 1573x365) Image search: [Google]
BRINGS US TOGETHER.png
134 KB, 1573x365
>>56443928
>>
>>56444634
>left
>record
>public defender at best
>right
>had money for a good lawyer
>which means all previous charges were likely dropped or expunged
>people still cherrypick cases to show "racism"
I mean COME ON, IT'S ALMOST
>2016
>0
>1
>6
>>
>>56448104
Go eat a poodle, Thailand.
>>
>>56443928
I got some mushrooms recently and I was surprised by how nice they were when I tried frying them (I don't know if it was sauteing) in olive oil
>>
File: 1369441094379.jpg (21 KB, 455x290) Image search: [Google]
1369441094379.jpg
21 KB, 455x290
>>56447872
I'd eat dirt if it tasted good
>>
>>56447910
>rotten fish
I'm so interested in trying that. I bet it's really acidic, which I'm into.
>>
>>56447298
>they taste like dirt.
implying you, a nigger, didn't grow up eating dirt and/or are too good to eat dirt.
god why do niggers pretend to have such high standards.
>>
>>56443928
In Spain, mushrooms are very popular. I think that what happens in Canada is just a culture issue.

In Autuum, is the season of mushrooms, speacially for "Rovellons".

>Lactarius deliciosus, commonly known as the saffron milk cap and red pine mushroom, is one of the best known members of the large milk-cap genus Lactarius in the order Russulales. It is found in Europe and has been accidentally introduced to other countries under conifers and can be found growing in pine plantations. A fresco in the Roman town of Herculaneum appears to depict Lactarius deliciosus and is one of the earliest pieces of art to illustrate a fungus.[2][3]

>pic related

They taste like meat and have a very soft texture. They are very expensive but it's very worth it. It depens on the day:
15€/kg at the start of the season
40€/kg at the end of the season
>Jamón ibérico, paella, tapas, pa amb tomaquet, embutido, cava, sangría, pescaíto frito, vino tinto, queso manchego

Google it faggot

>tfw spaniard gastronomy is the best in the world
>>
>>56448078
I like their texture.
And their taste is whatever they absorb from the dish.
>>
>>56448104

>Thailand
>you'll eat semen (pic related) and dogs but not mushrooms
>>
>buy a box of button mushrooms
>wash those fuckers off
>sprinkle a little garlic salt on them

All I need. Mushrooms are great, I love peeling that tiny layer of skin on the top off, it's like a flavor rag that soaks up whatever you put on it.
>>
>>56443928
Being raised on junk food I guess. Only things I prefer not to eat are brussels sprouts and seafood.

And mushrooms are/can be absolutely amazing.
>>
>>56448172
Poodles a shit, we need fat
>>
>>56448002
Awesome I gotta make that sometime and put it on a filet mignon, thx
>>
>>56448028
You seem a bit heated over defending the concept of how shit fruit grows. Calm yourself.
>>
File: cluster.jpg (256 KB, 1284x964) Image search: [Google]
cluster.jpg
256 KB, 1284x964
I like Mushrooms
>>
>>56448334
No, I'm annoyed because I've taken freshmen level high school biology and your ignorance fucking astounds me.
>>
>>56448215
Chalk is edible.
>>
>>56448047
wot
>>56447958
k
>>
>>56448283
Im visiting Thailand in a few months. What are some regional dish you would recommend trying? (I am willing to eat dog)
>>
>>56443928
I like mushrooms. I don't like fish though which people think is weird. I grew up in an alaska fishing town, I got sick of fish.
>>
>Why are so many westerner's afraid of foods they hardly ever tried
>Why do westerner's declare a food "shit" after one try, despite the fact that there are several ways to make that item and they probably didn't eat one that was made right in the first place

You'll live the rest of your life wondering this and people will still make excuses for going to McDonald's everyday.
>>
>>56448220
>>56448220

You don't eat it straight though, it's supposed to go on a flat bread along with onions, sour cream, tomato (as far as I know).
>>
>>56443928
Whitie reporting
I eat the shit out of them
Picky eaters are fuckin' weak
>>
>>56448282
I've actually grown accustomed to eating brussels sprouts I used to hate it and shit like cabbage in general. I made some dank cabbage soup just last week speaking of which.
>>
Is it possible that so many people refuse to eat mushrooms due to how they look like dicks? I do know some guys who won't touch any food if it seems too phallic(hot dogs, pickles, etc.)
>>
>>56443928
>Read OP
>Read through thread
>I don't remember /ck/ being Yotsuba pink
>Look at header
Anons, wtf? >>>/ck/
>>
>>56448439
I apologize. I was wrong and I should have looked into my facts before stating my opinion on this topic.
They're still shit fruit though. Same thing as cheese; it's pretty much fermented milk.
>>
>>56448842
Your friends that are paranoid about phallic foods are either in the closet of brainwashed by feminists.
>>
>>56443928
>>/ck/
>>
>>56447266

Mushrooms come from the spores and root like tendrils you fuckwit
>>
File: image-champignons-bruns2.jpg (31 KB, 611x305) Image search: [Google]
image-champignons-bruns2.jpg
31 KB, 611x305
>>56448842
diiiiicks
>>
>>56448937
SWEDEN YES
>>
>>56445792
>>All "italian" food, pizza, spagehtti sauce.
>>All red meats go good with 'em.

Also, order the pizza, take it home and put your own mushrooms on them!
>>
File: 1406303474350.jpg (20 KB, 283x397) Image search: [Google]
1406303474350.jpg
20 KB, 283x397
>>56443928
I wish we would sell more mushrooms in germany but since tschernobyl eating the local ones isnt advised...
>>
>>56448842
it´s because mushrooms are degenerate.
>>
>>56443928

If I were there I'd buy mushroom sandwich at your shop everyday anon, they're fucking delicious

>>56444634

this so much. It's wasteful to pick stuff off meals.

>>56447015
Ask chef to not put onions on your food?
>>
>>56447664

Ever been in a forest? Mushrooms grow on any decaying organic matter
>>
>>56448441
Did you know that the government mandates that white flour (and thus white bread) sold in the UK must have chalk added to it (among other things)?
>>
>>56443928
I'm white and I loved sauteed mushrooms. I also like sauteed onions, and I think the two go together perfectly.

Try offering "sauteed mushrooms and onions" as one item on the menu and I bet more people will order it.
>>
File: mfw.png (1 KB, 247x304) Image search: [Google]
mfw.png
1 KB, 247x304
>>56444999
>recently turned up 20 and moved from /b/ to /pol/
>mfw that happened at the same time
>>
>>56446613
I cook shrooms at work erry day. They taste delicious.
>>
>>56448496
Depends where you go man but cant really go wrong with Tom-Yum (spicy soup) then add whatever meat you want. Dog is pretty stringy though and tend to scream a lot

Go for pork dishes. You'll be hard pressed to find a decent beef or chicken steak in this country (even though that meat is cheaper than pork).

A minced pork dish with basil and thai herbs like moo-sub (minced pork) is the daily dish. Whatever you get will be spicy but ask em to tone it down a bit and you'll be sweet, always plenty of loos
>>
>>56445588

I was exposed to everything as a child and forced to eat things I didn't like. Homecooked meals every night with all kinds of vegetables, mushrooms, etc. I eat basically the same things over and over when given the choice.
>>
File: image.jpg (14 KB, 200x189) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
14 KB, 200x189
>>56449231
UhhhAAAAAAAAH
>>
>>56443928
Sometimes I just order without looking, and have to pick things off
Or I don't want to trouble the cashier and keep it simple.
>>
>>56443928
picky eaters are spoiled children. They cannot defend their shit taste.
>>
File: 15072014979.jpg (474 KB, 2592x1944) Image search: [Google]
15072014979.jpg
474 KB, 2592x1944
Handpicked in the nearby forest :^)
>>
>>56449231
toss in some lil bits of bacon.
>>
>>56449716
Yeah that's uh, not good to do.
>>
>>56449716
Looks good, Anon. I live in Indiana and pick morels when they're in season. They grow like crazy in the local forests around here.
>>
>>56443928
>Every woman I've dated has been tremendously averse to mushroom in anything I cook.
All of my female relatives Ives love mushrooms, but if I had to guess, I'd say it's the mushy, slimy texture that they tend to have. I like mushro flavor and will even puree mushrooms and use them as a soup base but regular sliced mushrooms turn me off.

And yeah, I would expect white people to prefer them but idk. I know mushrooms are a pretty fundamental part of a many peoples diets in asia.

It's not considered rude in Eastern ones, especially restauranta. They paid for the food. Gtfo over it.
>>
>>56443928
It's because they were all brought up by soft ass parents who mollycoddled them and told them that if they didn't like what they were given they could leave it on the plate or get something else. Kids generally don't like mushrooms because of their "slimy" texture when cooked. If parents let them act up, they'll never really try them
>>
>>56443928
>asking for business advice from /pol/ AKA non jews

you've already lost
>>
>>56444040
Its because they are extremely easy to fuck up and are best when cooked in the pan with a steak.
>>
>>56444294
personal preference doesn't excuse shit taste. You can prefer vanilla ice cream over chocolate ice cream but if you don't like chocolate ice cream and refuse to eat it then you are a gigantic faggot.
>>
>>56443928

sounds like they be dumb n shit
>>
>>56449366
kek thanks Ill be traveling from the southern tip up to chang mai so I'll keep that in mind. stay posted bro
>>
I live in Cali and everyone here loves mushrooms.
>>
haha you fucks argue about whether or not foods are white? This place is great! You're all a bunch of racists autists.
>>
>>56449848
Your comment is the reason why people don't eat mushrooms, because they presume they're poisonous.
My dad taught me since i was little which one's are poisonous and which aren't, so i have no trouble finding edible mushrooms. I wouldn't risk picking them in some other climate tho, there are various types in various climates and they could be poisonous.

>>56449865
these grow the most in Serbia (edible)
>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boletus_edulis
>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Macrolepiota_procera
>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amanita_caesarea
>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lactifluus_piperatus (not really a fan of these)
>>
>>56450424
Bread is obviously the whitest food.
>>
>>56450540
>I wouldn't risk picking them in some other climate tho, there are various types in various climates and they could be poisonous.
several mudslimes died this way in germoney

>>56449716
ignore the american anon, looks great.
>>
>>56444101
This. The taste is fine, and I love cooking with mushrooms to get the taste into other foods and sauces. But mushrooms themselves make me want to vomit once I start chewing on them.
>>
>>56443928

People are usually picky because they have the opportunity. It's almost entirely a texture-related thing and I'm sure there's a psychological reason for it.

When I was young I was picky because I was anxious and afraid to try new things. Now that I'm older I've overcome most of my anxieties for the most part and I love to try new things. I eat things that most people I know have no interest in trying and I'm not even picky at all.

The hardest part about getting people to try new foods is to prepare it correctly. The raw form, the cooked form, in foods they're comfortable with, and then with new foods.

I have a friend who refuses to most vegetables unless they're a mush-like consistency because 'crunchy' foods make him feel like he's eating bugs. I have friends who will peel off every single fucking thing off of their burger or sandwich or wont eat certain condiments... its weird.

Fuck 'em, more for me.
>>
>>56448739
Cabbage is amazing whether raw or uncooked, and broccoli which apparently is an acquired taste for some is great too if prepared right.

I just can't get past the pungent taste of brussels sprouts however.
>>
People here love them, "hunting" mushrooms is very common too
>>56449848
>americans
>>
>>56451114
yeah man, it's like actual hunting, people go to forest in like 4am to get dem shrooms before others. But only in small cities/villages
>>
>>56448412
Liberty caps, I c what u did thar
>>
>>56451108
Try them raw if you happen to have soms. Slice them up and throw them in a salad. Surprising good.

>>56444634
>In a real restaurant a chef has prepared something for you, and you are there to eat what the expert in the kitchen has made.
Oh, you mean a Michelin star restaurant? Or just anything that's not taco bell or mcdonalds? Fuck off. If you hand something to me and it has capers or some nasty shit on it that wasn't in the description, it's not going in my mouth. I pay you for the food. I'm not your garbage disposal or your ego enforcer.
>>
File: tagliatelle-ai-funghi.jpg (40 KB, 550x410) Image search: [Google]
tagliatelle-ai-funghi.jpg
40 KB, 550x410
>>56443928
It's because mushrooms are a food for people with refined tastes, not for plebs.
>>
>>56451521

No restaurant worth a damn would hide things from the menu. What you see is what you get. Alternatively, stop being a big fucking baby.
>>
File: wp_ss_20151122_0001.png (301 KB, 800x480) Image search: [Google]
wp_ss_20151122_0001.png
301 KB, 800x480
>>56448412

He gets it

>seriously though eating mushrooms makes your cock bigger
>>
>>56443928
I'm a mestizo and I love mushrooms. Put them with almost any kind of savory food and they taste amazing.
>>
>>56451254
Its very spread here, people from big cities will go on the weekends (and ruin the forest)
We actually had a show about hunting mushrooms on public tv for 10 years
>>
>>56447698
Mushrooms are fucking great Ahmed.
>>
>>56451628
Why do you guys have the best food?
>>
>>56443928
The people who go to your shop have shit taste, sorry to say. Mushrooms are delicious.
>>
File: a ghost.png (4 KB, 267x130) Image search: [Google]
a ghost.png
4 KB, 267x130
>>56444634
I wonder what Shanesha Taylors prior record looked like, oh wait I don't really. It was probably longer than her fucking resume.
>>
>>56444289
I used to love raw mushrooms on sandwiches until I got food poisoning from a parasite that was infecting various crops a few years ago. Never again, I was literally vomiting and shitting at the same time.
>>
>>56450424
Yeah and labeling greasy heart failure inducing foods as soul food to make it sound like its some cultural ancestry, stay pleb.
>>
File: 1446959410176.gif (1 MB, 250x233) Image search: [Google]
1446959410176.gif
1 MB, 250x233
>>56451628
>buddies girlfriend says she doesn't like mushrooms
>she orders canadian bacon pizza
>>
I hate mushrooms, but that was after a bad experience with psilocybe cubensis. Now I'm paranoid every mushroom I eat will contain psilocin/psilocybin.
>>
>>56451108
Sometimes I eat broccoli raw I love the texture of that shit.
>>
>>56449865

hoosier reporting in, can confirm morels are the fucking GOAT.
>>
>>56452957
I just cook them with steam and then either saute them in the pan with some butter for a couple minutes or just season them with a few drops of olive oil.

>>56452208
We don't overcook stuff and always use simple but fresh ingredients; the food is the best when you can taste all of its natural flavors.
>>
File: 1448226551342.jpg (69 KB, 472x472) Image search: [Google]
1448226551342.jpg
69 KB, 472x472
>>56452872
i got pretty sick after eating some shrooms and getting drunk years ago, now i really just dont like any mushrooms. the brain remembers
>>
>I consider it a white food if anything
end yourself
>>
>>56443928
White here.

I hated mushrooms as a kid on a principle level. I mean, who the fuck would eat a fungus? That's like eating athlete's foot.

After trying some sauteed mushrooms for the first time three years ago, they have quickly become one of my favorite foods. I find an excuse to put them in everything, if not just pan fry them and eat them as is.
>>
>>56444342
>ADORE

faggggg
>>
>>56443928
>a 250 post thread about people with shitty taste in food
>somehow racial

Nigger this is just dumbshits with bad taste.

Sautéed mushrooms are fucking glorious as a topper for burgers, some steak cuts, chicken, etc.

Fuck, portabellas on their own can be a fucking snack if you want. Shrooms are glorious, and not even just the trip your balls off variety.
>>
>>56443928

Why the fuck is there a thread about mushrooms on /pol/?
>>
>>56443928
It is considered rude lol, as well as a waste
If you don't want something in your food you tell them when you order it.
Otherwise you're an asshole
>>
>>56443928
I hated them as a kid, love them now. Same goes for spinach
>>
>People are not allowed to have their own tastes
>eating those nasty ass shits that 99% are poisonous and the rest taste like shit
>90% of people hate them, with good reason
>How is this even politics, ---->/ck/
>op confirmed for working in mushroom business and pushing his shit tier food on everyone
>>
>>56448251
i ate this at a sushi bar in Shibuya where i lost a bet and had to eat it.
a semen sac, right?
not... not too good.
>>
File: 250px-Mrs._Vanderbilt.png (133 KB, 250x372) Image search: [Google]
250px-Mrs._Vanderbilt.png
133 KB, 250x372
>>56458177
>mother always boiled vegetables
>couldnt stand boiled carrots, boiled spinach, boiled broccoli, etc...
>im a grown-ass man
>decide not to boil vegetables
>they taste good

i havent boiled one goddamn vegetable in years. i dont buy potatoes anymore either. spinach is absolutely disgusting boiled, it's perfectly fine raw.
>>
>>56443928
I love mustooms. But when youre making a sandwhich its not something you think of. Ill normally eat them with a nice steak. Create a sandwhich that comes with them, people will buy it.
>>
>>56443928

I love mushrooms. Garlic salt and pepper
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 35

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.